maybe it's time to flush 4 hours of BS a night

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

maybe it's time to flush 4 hours of BS a night

Postby justdrew » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 am

been 'monitoring' C2C lately, can't believe the low quality crap spewed.

Did anyone get a load of this Larry Kelley CLOWN last night? Take-away quote of the night - "I'm not trying to pretend to be an expert" - says the man who spends the night pretending to be an expert. Unable to accurately convey any information. Did you know zionism is a term "coined" after ww2? I'm NOT wasting my time going though his spew line by line, but he delivers a whopper just about every 60 seconds. Former surfer dude who's mind is crippled by all the standard right-wing bullshit currency obsessions. Islam is a great threat to the US. Obama out to destroy America, etc, etc, and so forth.

Really this is a perfect example of how the whole fucking righting bullshit machine is just a fucking money making scam. Peddling InfoKrack to the Klown Kaucus.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: maybe it's time to flush 4 hours of BS a night

Postby justdrew » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

seriously, this show is BAD news, regardless of any particular one guest.

This country is drowning in a sea of fantasy bullshit.

flush the damn toilet.
justdrew

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 am

so last nights anti-ACLU clown was the last straw. I'm now reverting to my traditional stance of never ever listening to this C2C garbage.

Listening to paint dry would be better for one's mind than this disinfo-filth spew.

alternatives:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org

http://binnallofamerica.com/

Please add any other competitors you know of
justdrew

Postby vogonpoet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am

Never caught C2C, but I've been catching up on the old Art Bell C2C on http://www.fineartstream.com/
It seems to me that C2C always been bull crap, by design; this phenomenon is nothing new. It may be worse now, I dunno. The old show's often interesting, and Bell is marvelous as a host, but when examined closely, it's *almost* all bull crap. It's a shiny distraction, like so much else in this world. I'm just about done with it -- C2C that is, not this world, just yet.

Competitors - there's probably another thread for this, but I'll mention
* Richard Dolan Show - Global Radio Alliance on Saturday evenings (kgraradio.com and sometimes YouTube)
* Red Ice Radio (redicecreations.com) (the most C2C-like of these)
* Psi Op Radio (psiopradio.com)
Last edited by vogonpoet on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
vogonpoet

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:35 am

justdrew wrote:so last nights anti-ACLU clown was the last straw. I'm now reverting to my traditional stance of never ever listening to this C2C garbage.

Listening to paint dry would be better for one's mind than this disinfo-filth spew.

alternatives:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org

http://binnallofamerica.com/

Please add any other competitors you know of

I agree with you 99.9% but I wouldn't completely abandon the C2C ship. George Knapp usually has quality guests and interviews on the rare occasions he hosts.

Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso is a favorite of mine.

Edit: I also really like Erik Davis and Maja D'Aoust's Expanding Mind. Every now and again I like Hidden Experience but most of the time he lets too many cranks in the door.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby NaturalMystik » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I have a bad habbit of having C2C on most nights in the background, it gets pretty damn repetitive. It's kinda funny listening to Noory pretend to be hearing about the big idea for the first time, when he's already done dozens of shows on the same idea. I do dig the John B Wells shows, as well as George Knapp. Please no more Whitley Strieber... Really the best part is the first half hour where they cover 'news' and I always get giddy over a Hoagland update ;)

I could probably benefit from a break of am radio in general
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Art Bell was the best! I like George Noory, but he's to much like, "Mm-hmm, yes that's what I was thinking", and oftentimes, he contradicts himself. I'm like, "but you just last night how UFO's were psyop, now there're Greys, etc.

As far as listening, I'm the same way, I'll fall asleep to it at night often enough. Some of the stuff is quite ridiculous, though.
I catch snippets, and sometimes I'll laugh out loud at what they say. I was really disappointed with the whole Ninja show, since I was into them waay before they were cool. They guy they had on, he just was not really educated. I looked, and looked, and really did not find much on him inside the organizations he said he was part of. Anyway, I only have a radio, so I have been falling asleep to the jazz station lately. Yay Coltrane, Yay Davis! :yay

Joe Rogan can be interesting at times, he focuses highly on Mixed Martial Arts, though.
Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

thanks for the input folks.

Noory is a "good host" damn good at it really, but he knows what red meat to throw at much of his audience. What he really thinks is unknown. Wells style is very similar. Both of them have a way of being kind to the callers which I have found good (though they can be a little short with female callers I find). Lord knows so many of the callers sound to be in fairly bad places. So I guess I got to hand it to them, no one else is reaching those people, many of whom don't even have computers/internet it seems. but Knapp and Ian Punnett seem preferable, as they're less likely to engage in 'red baiting' or cryptically call for right wing revolution.

I did enjoy the one with Scott Roberts, who did a nice job lightly taking down "The Reptilian Mythos" - of course, they put it on on april fools day :(

but the anti aclu guy I now find was none other than long-time-clown Jerome Corsi - who had no business being on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi

Conservative author and pundit Debbie Schlussel has accused Corsi of plagiarizing elements from columns that she has published, and subsequently posting them under his byline in his WorldNetDaily column.

here's a wiki page on alternatives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_shows_with_a_focus_on_the_paranormal
(feel free to try your hand at editing and add some)

I know they gotta keep an audience and it's a business, but it just really bothers me that "paranormal" is used as programming to draw in people who then get exposed to such extreme bullshit.
justdrew

Postby 82_28 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm

FWIW I tried to get a radio show at my friend's station, hollowearthradio.org. You could be listening to 82_28 right now if it weren't for their stringent standards as far as being a bartender and the hours I work which throw you all off. Not that you'd want to listen to me at all and whatever. I've never listened to the C2C network, I've always thought it was all bullshit. I know a shit ton of radio personalities and have through life. They are great and reasonable people, but they're all full of shit when they get behind the mic because they have to fill time with tons of shit and I watch them take notes on what they're going to talk about tomorrow.

I wanted to have a late night history and Fortean show that stayed true to the "olden days" of radio. It still might happen, but my hours only work when they go into automated mode late at night and all volunteer opportunities in order to get a slot are always when I am working. Same with fucking MOHAI -- Museum of History and Industry here in Seattle. I volunteered for them and every SINGLE one of the opportunities come up when people unlike me are out and about and not working. :starz:

Yeah, I just wanted to scour the world for voices, music and stuff forgotten to not be forgotten before people with memories pass on. My pitch wasn't good enough because I would have gotten preferential treatment from all the high school kids that want that shit to play their music. I was going on friend status only. And I was going after a talk show not a music show.

Anyhow, we're firing up a new site right now. Jeremy Puma, Tim Boucher, Garrett Kelly and Me right now.

Nothing much there yet. We're working on it.

http://www.earlyclues.com/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

oddly enough I just ran across a similar concept 82_28, maybe inspirational... certainly there's room for more than two such things!

http://www.preservedproject.co.uk/
justdrew

Postby DrVolin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Working nightshift in the 80s, Coast to Coast on AM was my lifeline. I was just as interested to see which station I could catch a particular night, which varied with the weather, as I was in the content.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby justdrew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

well I've never heard the old days with John Nebel (and Candy Jones for that matter. Yes, the Candy Jones)
(but that show wasn't really c2cam)

and I don't know if I ever heard Bell either, I notice some of his old shows are on youtube. but I don't know how much value there'd be in going over the old ground. Of course, there is a lot of detail that get's lost and it's remarkable the stuff you can find by searching on a name mentioned in passing in an old show or book. I've been doing that with the classic "In Search of..." shows on and off. Ya know... "whatever became of" so-and-so

but here's a big difference between then and now:
Nebel was perhaps best described as a curious skeptic with respect to the reality of paranormal topics; he frequently characterized himself as a "non-believer". Regarding the claims of the many contactees he interviewed, Nebel stated: "I don't buy any of it." He also noted that he was intrigued by some UFO reports, but did not have any firm conclusions or explanations.[3]

Some critics attacked Nebel for allowing crackpots free rein on the program, but he responded by saying his was not a traditional news or investigative journalism show, and that it was up to listeners to determine the validity of any guest's claims.

Nebel often asked pointed questions of his guests when he saw logical fallacies or inconsistencies in their stories. He did not suffer fools gladly, unless the fool was exceptionally entertaining. Still, he was rather sympathetic in at least offering guests a forum to state their claims.

Now there is nearly zero push-back, and there's never a 'debate' on the show. I'm sure that's intentional and can see why they'd go that way, it's certainly easier, and no doubt some guests wouldn't come if they thought there was much chance of anything but an open platform.

here's a classic sample:
justdrew

Postby DrVolin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 pm

The other difference is that all the claims presented were rare and precious, independent of their truth value. They were rare and difficult to access. I heard stuff on there in the 80s that I completely rejected as fabrication and lunacy, but that rocked my world and blew my mind. I would then spend days digging through used bookstores, chasing down references, poring over my carefully hoarded and unfortunately by now well worn, not at all mint back issues of Official UFO and Flying Saucers, and going through possibilities in my mind on endless 12 hour nightshifts and half asleep bus rides to and from home. I asked myself 'what would Jacques Vallée make of this?' Has Stanton Friedman heard of this?' 'If I send Richard Hall a letter about this, will he reply?' Now I just google it or do a quick search on ATS. In about 10 minutes, I have an idea of the variants of the idea that exist in the wild. The information is cheap. It isn't worth challenging or thinking about too deeply at any one time, because it is always there and available when needed. That's why the push back is gone.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby justdrew » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 am

good observation Doctor, there sure are a lot of storytellers out there these days, and easier to find than ever.

here's someone else with view on this:
http://afutureghost.blogspot.com/2013/01/great-i-1-on-google-for-something-i-don.html
justdrew

Postby MinM » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am

A prime example of the C2C BS occurred last November in commemoration of JFK. Jim DiEugenio was a guest but in the hour prior to his segment they had a "Madame Nhu did it" guy on. :signwhut:

So, as Jim explains in the link below, he had to spend time at the start distancing himself from the kook they had on to poison the well. Then towards the end of DiEugenio's segment some ringer calls in. The caller apparently sounded suspiciously like George Noory's fellow Jesuit, John McAdams.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry263075

That said I don't catch C2C very often but whenever they have the likes of Richard Hoagland or Linda Moulton Howe on, it does grab my attention. I never buy into anything they're trying to sell, but they keep it interesting. I also happened to catch Whitley Strieber on this past weekend and he was very candid about the fact that his work had been marginalized and that he had been reduced to a bad punchline.
Earth-704509
MinM

Next

Return to General Discussion