Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Boston jihadists Tarek Mehanna and Aafia Siddiqui

Postby crikkett » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Emad Muntasser is linked to Tarek Mehanna and Aafia Siddiqui through CARE International.

in her last message, crikkett wrote:http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/04/22/bostons_jihadist_past?page=full
Although the formal network had collapsed, its activism echoed through Boston's radical scene for years afterward and those echoes persist today.

In 2008, Boston-area resident Tarek Mehanna wrote a widely circulated piece called "The Aafia Siddiqui I Saw" about local residents' experience with Siddiqui, a former MIT student arrested in Afghanistan and charged with trying to murder U.S. personnel. Siddiqui had been an enthusiastic volunteer with CARE International.

Mehanna himself was convicted of material support of terrorism, in part for translating and disseminating al Qaeda propaganda online, and in April 2012, he was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison.

FourthBase on facebook wrote:Note the presence of Mehanna. Also note the presence of Siddiqui, who was alleged to have practiced shooting firearms at the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club, testimony about which was a major factor in her conviction. Also note the monthly presence for four years of the FBI and Homeland Security at the ISBCC. Praytell, will we discover that any imams and/or parishioners have been informants for the government?

I take back what I said about the MA National Guard team being the juiciest subject of inquiry. It's the above, and the below. If you care enough to read up on the context of the bombings, to contemplate questions the media is giving short thrift: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE READING, lol.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2101411
Mosque that Boston suspects attended has radical ties
Oren Dorell, USA TODAY
Published: 04/23/2013 04:57pm

BOSTON - The mosque attended by the two brothers accused in the Boston Marathon bombing has been associated with other terrorist suspects, has invited radical speakers to a sister mosque in Boston and is affiliated with a Muslim group that critics say nurses grievances that can lead to extremism.
SNIP

http://www.necn.com/04/12/12/Mass-man-s ... eedID=4206
"Today Mr. Mehanna, faced the consequences of his actions for conspiring to support terrorists, for conspiring to kill Americans overseas, and for lying to the FBI," said U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz.

Mehanna's case has gotten world wide attention, a crowd of supporters chanted outside the courthouse.
"All these people here - they know Tarek. And they are not here because they support a terrorist, they are here because they know full well that he did not do anything wrong," said Tamer Mehanna, brother of Tarek.
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

FourthBase's theory on the Boston Bombings

Postby crikkett » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm

FourthBase 's theory on the Boston Bombings

FourthBase on Facebook wrote:Wow, I owe a hat tip to Diamond Joe, for hipping me to a poem. Who'da thunk it? The Cure at Troy, by Seamus Heaney. (Hmmm...someday I ought to write a screenplay along that line...oh, wait, already am, already did, lol.)

Here in prose form is the stanza which our vice president quoted, although I'm not exactly sure he would enjoy it if hope and history were now to begin rhyming in a way that could inconvenience any wayward, unconstitutional national security agenda -- no, I'm betting his version of hope is just a co-opted sloganeering bastardization of the real thing -- but he and/or his cohorts, colleagues, faux-opponents, bosses, shareholders, bouncers, mouthpieces, brethren, sponsors, whomever...they might not have quite as much say as they want or as they believe they have, about which hope rhymes with which history:
History says, "Don't hope on this side of the grave." But then, once in a lifetime, the longed-for tidal wave of justice can rise up, and hope and history can rhyme.

Beautiful. As the lyric in the Beach Boys song goes, "Surf's up, mmm-mmm, mmm-mmm, mmm-mmm, aboard a tidal wave." Can hope and history rhyme? Why, yes. Yes, it can. We are all one poet, and we don't even know it!

The Beach Boys - Surf's Up

in the comments he wrote:Just in case any of that was confusing, here's the nitty-gritty gist of what I mean:

What I tentatively suspect happened last week is that two militant brothers were either brainwashed or tricked into committing the attack, probably with an unknown/unknowable amount of assistance from the shadows, by and from whom specifically I do not have the foggiest fucking clue, but probably a strange, relatively-small, and politics-transcending assortment of shady bedfellows within the public-and-private national security complex (the one Eisenhower warned us about), including the media and religious organizations and non-governmental organizations, and hardly excluding the executive branch, our most massive branch of government. But that, thanks to the foul batshit-insanity of the brothers, whatever outline of events, characters, and settings was being orchestrated from wherever then went way, way, way off script. And then thanks to the indomitable integrity and fearlessness of our general population and local law enforcement, the endgame of whatever back-up script it was which had to be retrieved in a panic (Script F or M or X let's say) was foiled. I feel like whoever these demonic script-writers and central-planners are, they have run out of good scripts, and the only one they have left sucks, pathetically, and their story and plan is now terminally vulnerable to criticism, even just the mere act of asking good basic questions and not being fooled by transparent horseshit, which we are all quite capable of doing. Especially here in Boston, which was most definitely the wrong city to fuck with.

So, how do I envision this metaphorical tidal wave of hope and history actually rhyming? Peacefully, of course. Only, only, only ever, ever, ever peacefully. I see first hundreds, then thousands, then millions of citizens peacefully assembling to ask good questions and to demand satisfying answers. Actually, that's all I see. All that needs to occur. Citizens from all walks of life, with all manner of political or apolitical leanings, just...asking good questions. That may take a while, though. There might be obstacles, in-fighting, traps, resistance, delay, false endings. Ultimately, I see an astonishing day of national jubilation, as dozens of would-be public servants and seemingly-upstanding public figures and plainly-evil terrorist and mercenary sick fucks, are arrested and arraigned in criminal courts, on unthinkable charges. And as the whole structure of our society is re-evaluated and re-designed for the benefit of The People as they democratically choose fit in this century and beyond, as the National Security Act of 1947 is annulled and set on fire in an undistinguished trash can, and as the Constitution is restored and maybe improved a little. One can hope!

20 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like

crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

is this weird, or is it just me?
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby thurnundtaxis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm

^^^ Well, thing certainly got weirder: While probably unrelated to everything that's going on, the body of missing Brown University student Sunil Tripathi, who was misidentified last week as one of the bombing suspects by the Reddit crowd, was pulled out of the waters near a park in Providence, Rhode Island. Very odd.

Body found in water that of missing Brown student
By ERIKA NIEDOWSKI | Associated Press – 1:16 p.m. Thursday April 25

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A body pulled from waters off a Providence park was that of a 22-year-old Brown University student missing since last month, the Rhode Island medical examiner's office said Thursday.
Sunil Tripathi was identified through a forensic dental exam, but a cause of death has not been determined, said Dara Chadwick, a spokeswoman for the state health department.
The announcement put an end to the mystery of Tripathi's disappearance, which became doubly painful for his family when amateur online sleuths wrongly identified him as a possible suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings.
Tripathi's family, of Bryn Mawr, Pa., said it was overcome with grief but grateful for the outpouring of support relatives got over the last month.
"As we carry indescribable grief, we also feel incredible gratitude," the Tripathi family said in a statement on a Facebook page set up to help find Tripathi, who went by Sunny. "To each one of you — from our hometown to many distant lands — we extend our thanks for the words of encouragement, for your thoughts, for your hands, for your prayers, and for the love you have so generously shared."
Tripathi's body was found Tuesday by members of the Brown crew team off of India Point Park and was brought to shore by its coach, Providence Police Cmdr. Thomas Oates said. He said the body had been in the water for "some time."
Tripathi's family had been searching for him since mid-March with help from the FBI and fellow Brown students. His sister, Sangeeta, said he left his phone, wallet and other belongings in his apartment near campus and simply disappeared. He was on leave from the Ivy League school, where he was studying philosophy, and had been going through a difficult time, she said.
Last week, speculation swirled on Twitter and the website Reddit that Tripathi was the second of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings because some thought he resembled one of the people in photos released by the FBI. That person turned out to be 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, authorities said.
Reddit later apologized to Tripathi's family for fueling "online witch hunts and dangerous speculation which spiraled into very negative consequences for innocent parties."
Tripathi's family responded to the speculation in a Facebook post that read: "A tremendous and painful amount of attention has been cast on our beloved Sunil Tripathi in the past 12 hours. We have known unequivocally all along that neither individual suspected as responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings was Sunil."
The family said in its statement Thursday that the last month "has changed our lives forever, and we hope it will change yours too."
The family went on: "Take care of one another. Be gentle, be compassionate. Be open to letting someone in when it is you who is faltering. Lend your hand. We need it. The world needs it."
Brown President Christina H. Paxson sent a message to the campus community Thursday, saying Tripathi — the brother of two Brown graduates— would be remembered for his "gentle demeanor and generous spirit." She described him as an accomplished saxophonist and a "serious, thoughtful, intellectually curious student and a brilliant writer."
http://news.yahoo.com/body-found-water- ... 48588.html
thurnundtaxis

Postby compared2what? » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
compared2what? wrote: ]But it coexists with another context (political), which is also important. And in that one, the difference between "looks like martial law" and "martial law" is not just fucking semantics. They're both objectionable. But only one of them defines who you are and what you can do about it or anything else.

Which one can you do something about, then? What Boston went through was exactly the same as what Montreal went through - it was exactly the same except that there was no declaration.

And that no one was repeatedly raided, detained, arrested, or subjected to acts of repression and reprisal for their political beliefs. And that no one's right to participate in the political process (or do anything else) was at stake. And that being subject to military control wasn't a permanent aspect of everyday life. And that what Montreal went through was a response to a threat to the power of the government, whereas what Boston went through was a response to a threat to the lives of the people. And that police powers during the action in Boston were exactly the same as they had been before it and still are now.

Also, one lasted less than twenty hours..

I believe that they should have declared a state of Martial Law.

I don't think there are any circumstances under which I'd say that.

The fact that they didn't but that they carried it out anyway is the one that ought to scare you and everybody else, frankly because when they don't officially begin something how, pray tell, can anyone be sure they've ended it? How can anyone know what the true state of their rights are during and 'after' - see, there is no after in this case. There's only during.

They didn't carry it out. The law was the same. Police powers were the same. That's still the case. At this exact moment, the cops are legally entitled to come into my home as I sit here typing if they think doing that addresses an urgent threat to public safety. If they think there's evidence of criminal activity lying around in plain sight, they're legally entitled to arrest me for it. I have the right to remain silent, to counsel, and to a trial by a jury of my peers, etc. But I can also challenge it before that. And I've been living under those conditions every second of my adult life so far.

The real risk of it happening to any one person isn't equally shared by all. [ON EDIT: Neither is the real risk of not getting that deal, or any.] Race. Class. Environmental factors. Political climate. Et cetera. People are -- can be, have been -- deprived of their rights by the government in this country. Abused. Enslaved. Killed. .

I subscribe to the view that an injustice to anyone anywhere is an injustice to everyone everywhere. But that doesn't mean my rights are lost whenever anyone's are, although they might be. Because the entire fucking point of it is that when they're not, I take their losses personally enough to share whatever resources the rights I've got give me that they could use.

So I'm not in any hurry to declare myself or anybody else newly oppressed by the state when the status quo wrt who is and isn't subject to its various powers hasn't fucking been altered. And I'm not more or less unhappy about it being as it is than I was before.

compared2what? wrote:I don't know. There's not as much of a difference between feeling powerless and being powerless as one might hope.

Oh yes there is. You FEEL powerless when men with guns storm your house looking for a criminal on the loose and meantime have a looky loo at everything you're doing and threaten to arrest you for it. You ARE powerless when you wake up and realize that it's a permanent state of affairs. It's what happens in the in between time that will either hasten or prevent the latter from happening.

I agree. That's not as much of a difference as one might hope, imo. I'm just not anxious to diminish it further. Plus I'm not interested in feeling or being any more powerless than I have to for practical purposes, such as being correctly oriented to reality and so on.

There's a real potential for bad things permanently affecting some or all when stuff like this happens. In this case, I'd say the people at greater risk of loss were immigrants and Muslims. I'm not sure that the balance shifted wrt general rights and freedoms. But if it did, it probably shifted in the direction of expanded video surveillance, a la CCTV in the UK.
________

Maybe I'm too complacent. But I don't worry equally that tanks in the street are about to become an everyday fact of life in the United States every time I see a picture of it. Same as I don't worry that there's an imminent danger of taxation without representation whenever I see a picture of Colonial Williamsburg.

That's not because I think a little martial law is okay every once in a while. I don't. I just don't see the point of declaring it on myself when nobody's declaring it on me. I'm also not into threatening myself with that prospect. And I find overstatements by non-state actors who threaten me with it on the state's behalf suspect to whatever extent it appears to be part of an organized campaign. Because that's a fascist-totalitarian tactic, historically. Real freedom-fighters are traditionally recognizable by their opposition to real losses of freedom.

Speaking of differences worth observing.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Re: Emadeddin "Emad" Muntasser and jihad in Boston

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 pm

crikkett wrote:Emad Muntasser was not just behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, but supported Chechen and other jihadi causes through CARE International, until its closure and his prosecution for tax fraud in 2005. He was based in Boston.

FourthBase on facebook wrote: One of the bonuses of being a veteran tin-foiler is that the name Emadeddin "Emad" Muntasser has been familiar to me for 8 years now. If you want to know why, then cross-google "P-Tech" and "9/11", but don't say I didn't warn you, if you don't enjoy peering down rabbit holes. Most of you will probably be learning of it here for the first time. I felt a special need to remember it, because some of my loved ones and myself live in Braintree, the town where he lives, where Logan Furniture was headquartered. The bonus has had almost no use over the years, of course. Knowledge for its own sake. But there was one time it came in handy.

One morning I was up at the crack of ass, watching Channel 5. It was around the time that Qaddafi had been, uh, deposed. WCVB sought the opinion of an ordinary Libyan immigrant on the situation, and who do they send a camera to the home of for that opinion, why, lo and behold, it was Emadeddin Muntasser, his lovely family in the background. In an incredulous flash, I alerted WCVB on Facebook that next time they might want to spend 5 minutes googling before choosing a person to be the voice of a community. In all subsequent half-hour newscasts that morning, the Muntasser interview had been removed.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... ?page=full
When Boston Marathon runners rounded the bend from Beacon Street last week, they were in the home stretch of the race. As they poured through the closed intersection, they ran past a nondescript address: 510 Commonwealth Avenue.

The location was once home to an international support network that raised funds and recruited fighters for a jihadist insurgency against Russian rule over Chechnya,
a region and a conflict that few of the runners had likely ever given any serious thought.

One mile farther, life in Boston was transformed in an act of horror that killed three and injured scores. And one week later, everyone in Boston and around the United States is thinking and talking and asking about Chechnya.

The investigation into alleged marathon bombers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is still in its infancy, but a press release issued by the FBI late Friday suggested that at least one of the brothers may have had some kind of connection to Chechen Islamist militant networks, a suspicion heightened by the fact that elder brother Tamerlan spent about six months in Russia in 2012. (The most important Chechen jihadist group has disavowed the attack, but has not unequivocally ruled out the possibility of some kind of contact with Tamerlan.)

It will take time to discover whether there was a militant connection and, if there was, to what extent it is pertinent to the Tsarnaevs' decision to bomb the marathon.

But if the lead pans out, it won't be Boston's first brush with that faraway war. During the 1980s and into the 1990s, Islamist foreign fighters operated robust recruiting and financing networks that supported Chechen jihadists from the United States, and Boston was home to one of the most significant centers: a branch of the Al Kifah Center based in Brooklyn, which would later be rechristened CARE International.

Al Kifah sprang from the military jihad against the Soviets in Afghanistan. Through the end of the occupation, a network of centers in the United States helped support the efforts of Afghan and Arab mujahedeen, soliciting donations and recruiting fighters, including at least four from Boston who died in action (one of them a former Dunkin Donuts employee). When the war ended, those networks did not disappear; they refocused on other activities.

In Brooklyn, that network turned against the United States. The center's leaders and many of its members helped facilitate the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and they actively planned and attempted to execute a subsequent plot that summer to blow up the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels in New York, which would have killed thousands.

When the FBI thwarted the tunnels plot, the Brooklyn Al Kifah office and most of the other satellite locations were shuttered. But in Boston, the work continued under a new name and with a new focus: supporting foreign-fighter efforts in Bosnia and Chechnya.

The following narrative is derived from interviews and thousands of pages of court exhibits, including correspondence, Al Kifah and CARE International publications, and telephone intercepts developed over a years-long series of FBI investigations into the charity that were made public as part of multiple terrorism-related prosecutions.

Established in the early 1990s, the Boston branch had emerged from the World Trade Center investigation relatively unscathed. Little more than two weeks after the bombing, the head of the Boston office, Emad Muntasser, changed his operation's name from Al Kifah to CARE International (not to be confused with the legitimate charity of the same name).

Telling the IRS it was a non-political charity, CARE applied for and received a tax exemption, but its operations continued as before -- supporting jihad overseas with money and men. Although it was heavily focused on the ongoing conflicts in Bosnia and Chechnya, its interests reached around the globe to anywhere mujahideen were fighting. As one associate of the group put it in a phone call recorded by the FBI, "As long as there is slaughtering, we're with them. If there's no slaughtering, there's none, that's it. Buzz off."

The name change deflected public scrutiny, and while law enforcement monitored the Boston operation for many years, the Justice Department made no attempt to prosecute the organization's principal leaders until after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Jihadist propaganda and recruiting didn't begin with the Internet, as it sometimes seems today. CARE's tactics included dinner speeches and events at local mosques and universities, among them MIT, Boston College, and Boston University, usually slipping them in under the auspices of the local Muslim Students Association, sometimes as part of Friday services. They ran "phonathons" to contact potential donors at home with urgent appeals for generosity.

The charity also arranged public screenings of jihadist videos, long before the advent of YouTube. One letter to CARE supporters promised to "bring to your [mosque] the latest video tape from CHECHNYA showing how Grouznyy [sic] was recaptured by Muslims and how the CHECHENS are struggling to implement the Islamic rule in their land by help of Allah (S.W.T). It will be a fund raising event. For the Donations we have our direct contact to CHECHNYA."

When the Internet did come along, CARE was an early adopter, using email blasts and websites to further spread its message.

Although CARE was based in Boston, the radical fundamentalists who ran the charity (a mix of American citizens and immigrants from the Middle East and North Africa) were often disappointed with local Muslims, who were not particularly interested in their cause.

"I hate Boston," said Mohammed Chehade, a director of the Global Relief Foundation, one of the charities through which CARE laundered its money, in a phone conversation with CARE's directors that was recorded by the FBI in 2000. "Do you know why I hate it? The men are far from each other, far away, it is a trip between one and another. They are busy. I mean, Boston... if someone wants to stay in America temporarily, it is not a place to be."

In other conversations, CARE's leaders bemoaned the fact that area Muslims refused to cough up money for the network's radical speakers, suggesting that they avoid bringing prominent speakers to the city, or at least characterize the trips as something other than fundraising, for fear of an embarrassingly low result.

Nevertheless, one of those jihadist celebrities traveled to Boston on a number of occasions to raise money and the ire of audiences regarding Islamist conflicts in Chechnya and Bosnia. An American-born citizen of Egyptian descent, Mohammed Zaki sported a long red beard and a broad, engaging smile. He inspired fierce loyalty in those he met. One of his comrades described him as "a man whose like is rare nowadays," telling a comrade, "You will be amazed by him."

Zaki was involved in several so-called charities that actually helped finance and supply the mujahideen in Bosnia and Chechnya, while creating and distributing a steady stream of propaganda to support these efforts.

Based in San Diego, Zaki frequently traveled to Boston to take part in Al Kifah events and fire up crowds with his charisma and tough talk. At one point, a government wiretap overheard Muntasser, CARE's leader, asking him to fly to Boston "because we are looking for a brother who knows about matters [in Bosnia] to give an inciting speech." .

Great article. Makes you wonder if that Zaki and his people in San Diego were liasoning with Anwar al Awlaki, Nawaf al Hazmi, Khalid al-Midhar, al Boyoumi, Bosman, Saudi officials or Abdusuttar Sheikh? The Ptech circle of intrigue was one of my focal points when I was involved in 9/11 research some years back(along with San Diego, Norman Oklahoma, Florida and Virginia)
I guess when the Saudis/bin Ladens Maktab-al-Khadamat merged with Zawahiri's Egyptian Islamic Jihad in 1988, they later in 89/90 created satellite centers(Al Kifah Refugee) in both Brooklyn and Boston.
I've seen pdf scans of the early propaganda, as even by 1992 "Bosnian Mujahadin" recruitment(and later Chechen jihad) was a main source of existence and money raising. Further research showed me
that the Saudi Government was directly sending funds to *the* Aaifa Siddiqi(allegedly married to KSM's nephew) for Care in Boston. Two main points is that the 4acloserlook episode of the late Michael Corbin's
radio show from 1995 featuring Indira Singh was for three hours devoted entirely to Ptech/Yasin al Qadi/Saudis/Braintree and Quincy terror financiers and business fronts. Also three names figure prominently
into all this, aside from Yasin al Qadi and "The Blind Sheikh"; that being El Nossair, Ali Mohamed and Whadid el-Hage. In that that whole Brooklyn 1990-1993 time period is really interesting with those three,
the short time before Osama bin Laden became the hero of architecture and commerce in Khartoum. Remember folks, New Jersey cops photographed US special operations soldier Ali Mohamed with three of the future
1993 WTC bombers in 1989, had evidence that Ali Mohamed had provided stolen army manuals on explosives(found with blueprints of the WTC) in El Nossair's house in 1990 after killing Rabbi Khahane, and of course theres hundreds of hours of tape of FBI informant Emad Salem inside of the WTC 1993 plot.

That said, I'm not sure if there's any connection between the Boston bomb brothers and *that* circle of intrigue, but it does provide context.

Last edited by 8bitagent on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Simulist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:Image

Forgive me, but what exactly is your point here?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby DrEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm

The Consul wrote:No...no...he didn't have a gun but we thought he was a bomb....no no...we couldn't see a bomb but we thought he swallowed a pressure cooker. Yeah, that's it, no gun, no no gun. Read the teleprompter. Say, "so what?"

Sounds like they stole the plot from Harold & Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay.

-"Don't worry, it's not a bomb. It's a bong!"
-"OHMYGOD! It's a bomb!"
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Crikket, this is amazing stuff from Fourthbase's facebook. Why the hell wasn't he posting all this here instead of going on a verbal jihad spasm? The stuff Crikket is talking about is the sort of deep state
meta-play that RI should be about.

I'm not even sure what to think of the case. I remarked that it was a kickoff to neo Gladio, but it also feels like a super student case(loughner, lanza, holmes, cho, etc)
Maybe the mysterious "mishka" radicalized Tameran, and we all know a lot of imans are paid off assets(least in Europe) One thing is for sure. From all the evidence
I've seen, Jhokar seemed like a typical goofy teenager. Very Americanized. Ive seen footage of him wrestling around, doing the robot dance. His classmates emphasize how
terribly normal he was. Could these be cases of manchurian candidates? Why is he allegedly giving up all the info to authorities? Is the story that banal?
"Yeah well one day we realized the wars the US are doing are messed up, so we saw an al Qaeda magazine recipe for bombs and then blew up the marathon. No conspiracy"

Recall that Mcveigh also insisted he dun it all by his lonesome.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

compared2what? wrote:
Maybe I'm too complacent. But I don't worry equally that tanks in the street are about to become an everyday fact of life in the United States every time I see a picture of it.

obviously. and that's your prerogative.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Simulist wrote:
MacCruiskeen wrote:Image

Forgive me, but what exactly is your point here?

I'm not Mac (obviously) but I think it's odd too. the bomb squad was going to detonate a controlled explosion during the marathon? it indicates a 'drill' of some sort was going on or that there were other bombs that no one is talking about. And did this detonation happen? You notice that the announcement was from well before the first bomb went off, right? It's strange, as is the fire in the JFK library.

Canadian_watcher

Postby Simulist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:You notice that the announcement was from well before the first bomb went off, right?

Are you sure about that?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Canadian_watcher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Simulist wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:You notice that the announcement was from well before the first bomb went off, right?

Are you sure about that?

I guess I'm as sure about that as I am that that one guy got his legs blown off, to be honest. Or that that picture of buddy getting out of the boat was actually from when he was getting INTO the boat. Or that that's really that guy's uncle bad mouthing his nephews all over the place. or that adam lanza acted alone. or that they really found passports of hijackers on the top of the rubble at the Twin Towers site. *sigh*
everything is a clusterfuck. who can be sure of anything anymore?

Canadian_watcher

Postby Simulist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
Simulist wrote:

Are you sure about that?

I guess I'm as sure about that as I am that that one guy got his legs blown off, to be honest.

You should question yourself more then. You might be surprised by what you find.
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby justdrew » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I'd guess that tweet was captured by someone on the west coast. Time is adjusted for the viewers local time zone setting.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion