Hayden (ex-NSA & CIA Boss) 'jokes' about killing Snowden

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Hayden (ex-NSA & CIA Boss) 'jokes' about killing Snowden

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Hayden & Rogers: psychopaths.

Published on Thursday, October 3, 2013 by Common Dreams

'Psychopaths': GOP Lawmaker, Former NSA Chief Joke About Putting Snowden on 'Kill List'
GOP lawmaker laughs it up over suggestion

- Jacob Chamberlain, staff writer

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2 ... 03-1?print

Edward Snowden, the former NSA employee known for blowing the whistle on the agency's unconstitutional dragnet surveillance practices, should be put on the "kill list" used by the Obama administration to take out assumed enemies, former National Security Agency director Michael Hayden jived Thursday during a panel discussion on cybersecurity hosted by The Washington Post.

During a discussion of Snowden's recent nomination for a European human rights award, Hayden told the audience with tongue in cheek, "I must admit in my darker moment over the past several months, I'd also thought of nominating Mr. Snowden, but it was for a different list," much to the delight of the audience who laughed it off.

Getting in on the joke, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) added, "I can help you with that."

Directly following the exchange, journalist Brendan Sasso tweeted:

I think Rep Mike Rogers and Gen Michael Hayden just joked about putting Snowden on a kill list

And journalist Glenn Greenwald, who has worked with Snowden on the NSA leaks, replied:

Psychopath: former CIA & NSA Director
https://twitter.com/BrendanSasso/status ... 1812940800

In the same discussion Hayden also defended the government's use of targeted killings, e.g. drone strikes on unsuspecting targets around the world. Researchers have repeatedly shown that these attacks have resulted in countless deaths and casualties of innocent civilians.

"Yes, we do targeted killings, and I certainly hope they make full use of the capacities of the National Security Agency when we do that," Hayden said.

The subject came up in reference to a recent announcement that Greenwald and fellow investigative reporter Jeremy Scahill are working on a joint investigation on how the NSA has been involved in the wider overseas "assassination program" run by the Obama administration.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2 ... 03-1?print

The US political system in 2013? A psychopathocracy.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hayden (ex-NSA Chief) 'jokes' about killing Edward Snowd

Postby Nordic » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 pm

The same crowd of criminals joked about killing Michael Hastings.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby KeenInsight » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Well if the last 50+ years hasn't been a sign for the American people of the pyschopaths at the wheel, then I don't know what will.
KeenInsight

Postby Joao » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:43 am

Gangster state.

On the subject of lists, one thing we can look forward to in the approaching dystopia: the algorithms that scan all electronic communication and perform threat profiling will surely read stories like this and, since no one told them not to, occasionally assign guys like Hayden to watch lists (etc.). Some Keystone Cops-level hijinks are bound to ensue while the bureaucracy works its way through that. I wonder if the current software already includes a list of specific names to exclude from profiling, or from assigning to various "bad guy" categories. I wonder what the name is of that list.
Joao

Postby elfismiles » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 am

Joao » 05 Oct 2013 05:43 wrote:Gangster state.
I wonder what the name is of that list.

"longknives.klst" or "skynet.kil" ?

This is basically the existing "6-degrees-of-terrorist-bacon" rule used by the Mil/Int-beast to target folks.

Or what I started calling the "holocaust in a backpack" ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... board2%2F+"holocaust+in+a+backpack"

Re: One Drone Thread to Rule them ALL
Postby elfismiles » 04 Oct 2013 20:39
elfismiles » 04 Oct 2013 20:39 wrote:RELEASE THE AUTONOMOUS KILLING MACHINES!!!
<snip>
Daniel Suarez: The kill decision shouldn't belong to a robot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYYx_im5QI#t=08m23s
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to General Discussion