Real Plamegate Scandal at BFP Coming Soon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Real Plamegate Scandal at BFP Coming Soon

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Corbett Video Report- Plamegate Revisited: Who Really Leaked Valerie Plame’s Cover?

Thursday, 26. September 2013

We all know the official story of Plamegate by now: the Bush administration, angry at ex-Ambassador Joe Wilson’s op-ed accusing the White House of “twisting the evidence” to lead the country into war with Iraq, leaked his wife’s identity as a CIA agent to journalist Robert Novak, who then revealed it in the Washington Post. After a lengthy investigation, “Scooter” Libby, Cheney’s Chief of Staff, was convicted for obstruction of justice and Richard Armitage took the fall for leaking the name in the first place. However, the real Plamegate affair predates the 2003 scandal by two years and leads straight to the doorstep of Marc Grossman and the American-Turkish Council mega lobby.

This is an introduction to our multi-part series on the Real Plamegate scandal at BFP EyeOpener Report. Stay Tuned for Part I coming up next week at Boiling Frogs Post.

If this video is any indication of what's to come, this should be a very good multi-part series!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Real Plamegate Scandal at BFP Coming Soon

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Oct
Who is Marc Grossman?

By James Corbett
boilingfrogspost.com
October 1, 2013

Marc Grossman’s career with the State Department stretches back to 1977 when he served at the US Embassy in Islamabad. Over the course of the next four decades, Grossman has served a variety of posts, including time as the Deputy Chief of Mission in Ankara from 1989 to 1992, time as Ambassador to Turkey from 1994 to 1997, and time as number three in the State Department as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs in the Bush Administration.

When Marc Grossman was appointed US Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan in Hilary Clinton’s State Department in 2011, foreign policy circles in the US hardly batted an eyelid.

News coverage of the appointment dutifully noted Grossman’s long career at the State Department and past accomplishments, including his appointment as Career Ambassador by President Bush in 2004 and his Secretary of State Distinguished Service Award in 2005. Carefully excised from this glowing praise, however, was any mention of his early exit from Turkey before the end of his scheduled appointment as US Ambassador, the decade-long FBI investigation into Grossman’s conduct at the State Department, the accusations of bribes and string pulling, his involvement in the nuclear spying ring identified by a landmark 2008 Sunday Times investigation, or, as we examined last week, his role as the first person to actually blow Valerie Plame’s cover by warning Turkish officials of Brewster Jennings & Associates’ role as a CIA front.

Grossman’s role in a Turkish espionage ring that traded in US nuclear secrets was first detailed in the Sunday Times investigation. In the piece, the Times reported FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds’ accusations that Grossman (identified as a high-ranking State Department official in the report) was selling classified State Department and Pentagon secrets to foreign operatives in return for money, position, and political objectives. The help included providing security clearance to Turkish and Israeli moles for them to gain access to sensitive nuclear research facilities in the US.

Edmonds’ own knowledge of the case—gleaned from her time as an FBI translator in the early part of the last decade working on the FBI investigation into this espionage network—goes back to the mid-1990s, when Grossman was acting as US Ambassador to Turkey. According to Edmonds, Grossman was also working as a handler in the Turkish branch of Operation Gladio, a US/NATO led operation to fund Turkish paramilitary and ultranationalist groups to carry out drug running, false flag operations, and assassinations. When a car crash in Susurluk in 1996 killed notorious Turkish drug trafficker and hired assassin Abdullah Çatlı along with a high-ranking Turkish MP and a well-known police officer, the resulting scandal threatened to expose Grossman and the US’ role in the entire affair, requiring his early return to Washington.

As we reported last week,. Edmonds also detailed how FBI taps of Grossman’s phone conversations caught him warning his Turkish contacts in Washington about Brewster Jennings, the CIA front that Valerie Plame listed as her employer during her time as a covert operative involved in counter-proliferation operations for the agency. That conversation, which Edmonds subsequently informed the DOJ about, took place in 2001, a full two years before the “Plamegate affair” that supposedly exposed Plame’s CIA ties.

The case against Grossman is remarkable for several reasons. Firstly, it is well-documented. Not only has Edmonds provided sworn testimony regarding the information she learned working on the FBI investigation into the spy ring in question, former FBI counterterrorism manager John M. Cole has independently verified that there was a decade-long investigation into the activities of Grossman and others on these matters. The specific FBI case ID that Edmonds provided the Times for their investigation into the claims was initially denied outright by the FBI, but when the Times was able to independently source a document signed by an FBI official confirming the file’s existence, the Bureau subsequently admitted the document’s existence.

Secondly, the case is remarkable because Grossman, despite “strongly denying” the accusations in the Times piece, has never attempted to pursue Edmonds for libel or perjury charges, despite the fact that these accusations were made in sworn testimony in public court.

Most remarkable of all, however, is that despite all of this damning information against him, despite the decade-long investigation into the espionage ring which he was involved with, despite the fact that Patrick Fitzgerald’s own inquiry into the Plame affair likewise concluded that Grossman was the first to leak Valerie Plame’s identity, he has never faced censure or criminal charges of any kind for his actions, and continues to be appointed to high-ranking positions in the State Department. As Giraldi points out, these positions would require extensive background checks, checks that seem to have been waived for Career Ambassador Grossman. Recently, Philip Giraldi, ex-CIA analyst and someone who has reported on the case for The American Conservative and other outlets in the past, appeared on The Corbett Report to discuss this aspect of the case.

At this point, the question is how this could add up to anything but an active attempt within the halls of government to cover this information up and protect Grossman from prosecution for these actions. But if this is the case, how far does it go?

Next week in this series, we will examine the DOJ’s role in protecting Grossman, as well as its commitment to sweeping the real Plamegate scandal under the rug so that this uncomfortable information would never see the light of day.

This is a non-subscriber amended version, hopefully the full version will be available soon.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby MinM » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Image @sibeledmonds: BFP EyeOpener Video Report: “Cover Up: James Comey Fitzgerald & The Phony DOJ Investigation into Plamegate” http://bit.ly/1gnUqj8

The EyeOpener Report- Cover Up: The Phony DOJ Investigation into Plamegate

Tuesday, 8. October 2013

The official story of the “leaking” of Plame’s identity is a sham. Despite the fact that the Department of Justice in general and Fitzgerald’s office and Libby’s lawyers in particular, had been provided with information proving that the real Plamegate scandal had started in 2001 with Grossman’s phone call to his Turkish contacts warning them about Brewster Jennings, nothing at all came of this scandalous information. Instead, one low-ranking neocon was convicted and had his sentence commuted by President Bush for obstruction of justice.

In this episode of BFP EyeOpener Report with James Corbett we examine the roles of Patrick Fitzgerald, current FBI Director James Comey and his previous positions with Lockheed Martin & the American Turkish Council, Obama’s pick for the FISA Court Judge Reggie Walton & Much More!

Watch the Preview Clip Here:

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/10 ... plamegate/
Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks MinM! I'm not a subscriber, so I guess I'll have to wait 3 weeks before I can see the full report.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Here's a preview of Part Three. As always, Judy Miller remains suspiciously compliant to the National Security State Power Apparatus. So disappointing to see so many viewing her as a "hero".

The EyeOpener Report- Blackout: The Media and the Nuclear Spying Cover-up

Tuesday, 15. October 2013 by Sibel Edmonds

Image June 2003, then-New York Times reporter Judith Miller learnt Valerie Plame’s name along with journalists like Robert Novak and Bob Woodward. From July 2005 to October 2005, Miller spent 85 days in jail for not revealing her sources on Plame to Patrick Fitzgerald’s grand jury investigation into the Plame affair. Although every aspect of Miller’s imprisonment is strange, by far the strangest is Miller’s continuing refusal to speak out about the real Plame scandal, and that the entire Fitzgerald investigation, including her time in jail, was based on a complete sham.

Find out more about the strange media silence on the real PlameGate scandal in this week’s EyeOpener report with James Corbett.

Watch the Preview Clip Here:

-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Grizzly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for that, Grizzly. "How the world got the way it is today" is something Zelikow had a great influence on. What a creepy guy, reminds me of the pedophile character that Dylan Baker played in the movie Happiness.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Return to Plame Investigation