PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 am

Alright, something Jack said really resonated with my own recent experience: the sudden up-tick in spook / satire articles flooding the net that are catching even the best of us:

JackRiddler » 10 Jun 2014 04:20 wrote:
justdrew » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:14 pm wrote:A hoax claiming that Charles Manson, who is responsible for the murders of several people, is free from jail has made its way around the ...

It's getting ridiculous with all these hoaxes, combined with my apparent encroaching senility! All these dumbfucks be proud of making clickbait out of fake news stories presented in quasi-plausible, non-humorous style. I've fallen for a couple in the past week, whereas I almost never did before. Sigh. There was one from the Portland Intelligencer the other day, claiming to link to the promised Greenwald "NSA list" story. It instead went to the PI's Facebook page, so that you could "like" it. This is morally equivalent to spam, or worse really, and I will remember & resent this publication henceforth for wasting my time!

Snopes is still one of the best resources for some of this stuff.

But as an example ... in the past week I've had multiple FB friends post links to National Report dot net ... not realizing that it is a satire / spoof news site. One article in particular caught my attention because it linked to a "seemingly real" science org site but upon closer examination, that science site is itself a spoof site:

Study Finds 1 in 3 Americans Have Been Implanted With RFID Chips: Most Unaware
http://nationalreport.net/study-finds-1 ... s-unaware/

Analysis of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Chip Prevalence in 3 Discrete United States Populations
John T. Brugle, Ph.D and Mary Franz, Ph.D, M.P.H.
Wyoming Institute of Technology, Human Studies Division
ePUB Ahead of Print
http://witscience.org/analysis-of-radio ... pulations/

I think that dynamic duo of sites may have been the one behind the Solar Power Drains the Sun meme:

Solar Panels Drain the Sun’s Energy, Experts Say
http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels- ... perts-say/

They again, invoke the Wyoming Institute of Technology as the source of the "science."

So perhaps this thread can serve as an info dump for such satire sites and the spread of certain "disinfo campaigns".

Jack's example is another good one:

Charles Manson Granted Parole
Posted on June 4, 2014 by Aaron Smith in Headlines, World
http://empirenews.net/charles-manson-granted-parole/

Parole Call
Claim: Charles Manson has been granted parole and will be released from prison.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/mansonparole.asp

Now, I'm not sure if we should separate such spoof sites from vaguely related "real news" site incidents where they msm get the news wrong like with this:

A Computer Program Has Passed the Turing Test For the First Time
http://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-first-co ... 1587780232

No, A 'Supercomputer' Did NOT Pass The Turing Test For The First Time And Everyone Should Know Better
from the what-a-waste-of-time dept
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140 ... tter.shtml

See also: PKD, Surreality
search.php?keywords=surreality
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: PKD-esque Post-911 Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 am

Good way of putting it. Faked Obama certificate, shooting events=hoax, vaccinations=evil, climate change=hoax, everything is a "false flag". I almost want to permanently turn in my "conspiracy theorist" card
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 am

Hoaxer posts video of naked man 'escaping Buckingham ...
One is not amused! Internet hoaxer posts video of naked man 'escaping Buckingham Palace bedroom window during the Changing of the Guard'

A video on the internet claims to show a naked man in Buckingham Palace
The man appears to be climbing down from a window using a bed sheet
The drama happens during the middle of Changing of the Guard
After a few feet, the man plummets from his improvised climbing rope
Buckingham Palace said they do not wish to comment on the video

By Darren Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 16:23 EST, 27 February 2015 | Updated: 16:34 EST, 28 February 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Guard.html
Last edited by elfismiles on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Re: Life is a Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby Sounder » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Good way of putting it. Faked Obama certificate, shooting events=hoax, vaccinations=evil, climate change=hoax, everything is a "false flag". I almost want to permanently turn in my "conspiracy theorist" card

No, no, you can't give up your card 8-bit, how else would you be able to poison the well of deep politics without this CIA contrived thought stopper phrase. I mean, you're not that smart and 'the Saudis did it, the Saudis did it', is never going to take anyone very far on its own.

Besides which anyone can see that you are an arse licker for the dominant narrative.

Lick away bro. :jumping:
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby elfismiles » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Aw dang sounderdog - you make me just wanna say FUCK YERSELF when yer so rude to a friend. :mad2

Sounder » 01 Mar 2015 16:13 wrote:

No, no, you can't give up your card 8-bit, how else would you be able to poison the well of deep politics without this CIA contrived thought stopper phrase. I mean, you're not that smart and 'the Saudis did it, the Saudis did it', is never going to take anyone very far on its own.

Besides which anyone can see that you are an arse licker for the dominant narrative.

Lick away bro. :jumping:

:backtotopic:

Re: Another Annus Horriblis in store for the queen & her fam
by Lunatic Fringe » 28 Feb 2015 15:05
viewtopic.php?p=563037#p563037
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Yeah, Sounder. Lame. No need for that.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Re:Life is a Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby Sounder » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

That is your opinion and I have no problem with it, but when someone puts out Bernasian style conformity signals I am inclined to say something.

Fucking Hoax, -indeed, the illusions go nowhere.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby 82_28 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I honestly read it different than you I suppose. Since I know where 8bit is coming from, the tell there was "I might as well turn in my conspiracy card" as in this shit comes in waves. Everything has to equal "=" something else and all of it false.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Enjoy a Week Off!

Wombaticus Rex

Re: Re:Life is a Surreality Satire Hoax News Matrix

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Sounder » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm wrote:

That is your opinion and I have no problem with it, but when someone puts out Bernasian style conformity signals I am inclined to say something.

Fucking Hoax, -indeed, the illusions go nowhere.

Yes, of course. But try PMing. Save all of us your internal strife with another, please.
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:39 pm

I don't think Sounder should have a week off. I think this was handled and I don't think that anyone was in the wrong. It's not my call. But don't cut off Sounder from RI for a week.
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:46 pm

82_28 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:39 pm wrote:I don't think Sounder should have a week off. I think this was handled and I don't think that anyone was in the wrong. It's not my call. But don't cut off Sounder from RI for a week.

Sounder was in the wrong. It's right there in plain text. This is not the first time, either.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby zangtang » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 pm

i'm getting veeey confused....& i dont like to be confused.

should we hang this one up on the cross & burn it?
zangtang

Postby BrandonD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:03 pm

As a side note, I think it is a good idea to make this thread a dump for those satire/hoax articles, particularly the convincing ones.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby BrandonD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:34 am

Just discovered today: THENEWSNERD.COM - it presumes to be a "satirical" news site, but the news they give is just simply false information with no humor or indication that it is fake.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Next

Return to General Discussion