Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Leonard Cohen, Operative? (Ann Diamond material)

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:37 pm

There is a war between the rich and poor,
a war between the man and the woman.
There is a war between the ones who say there is a war
and the ones who say there isn't.
Why don't you come on back to the war, that's right, get in it,
why don't you come on back to the war, it's just beginning.

-- from "There Is a War" by Leonard Cohen

When the Yom Kippur War began, Aharon (Yalo) Shavit, the commander of the Etzion Airbase in Sinai, telephoned his close friend, the singer Oshik Levi. "You have to come here and perform," Shavit told him. "This isn't anything like what we know. It's not like the Six-Day War at all. It's something completely different."

Levi did not hesitate. The next day he and his partner in the show, Mordechai Arnon, came to perform for the troops just before they entered the war.

At the same time, not far from the chaos in Israel, Leonard Cohen was in the midst of a performance tour on the island of Hydra in Greece. His wife Suzanne and his son Adam were with him. When Cohen heard on the news that the war had begun, he felt he had to drop everything and head for Israel from Athens to help in the national effort in any way he could. And so he did.

The original plan was to volunteer on a kibbutz even though he had no idea what a kibbutz was or what he would do there. The values that the IDF represented intrigued and attracted him, and he was determined to join the army and give of his talents. Cohen believed he would contribute significantly to the Israeli struggle. "I will go and stop Egypt's bullet," he said, with a measure of bravado, in one of his poems.

It was not the first time Cohen had tried to feel close to war. The war stories of his father, who had fought in World War I, influenced him deeply, and Cohen loved to look at his father's photo album, which was filled with photographs of him in his uniform, holding his gun.

On his return to the United States after performing for Israeli soldiers in the outposts of Sinai, Cohen would say in an interview, "War is wonderful. They'll never stamp it out. It's one of the few times people can act their best.... There are opportunities to feel things that you simply cannot feel in modern city life."

About a year later, he was quoted as saying: "I've never disguised the fact that I'm Jewish, and in any crisis in Israel I would be there. I am committed to the survival of the Jewish people."

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newslet ... p?id=11943

Weird photoshop effect on LC's face? Here's the same photo without it.

Biographer Ira Nadel states that Leonard arrived in Israel a few days ahead of the actual war, just as he was in Havana two weeks before the Bay of Pigs. It's possible he had advance warning (on both occasions) that a "surprise attack" was coming.

Israeli writer Israel Shamir has suggested the Yom Kippur War was actually a false flag attack, arranged between Washington, Tel Aviv and Cairo to provide Henry Kissinger and the Americans with a pretext for brokering the Camp David accords, which allowed them subsequently to strengthen their foothold in the Middle East.

It's also interesting to note that Henry Kissinger, Ariel Sharon, Moshe Dayan (and even then-Prime Minister Golda Meir) have all been linked to the cult of Sabbatai Zvi.

http://drivingthetrancecanada.blogspot. ... o.html?m=1
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Leonard Cohen is a weird signatory on Naomi Klein's Leap Manifesto.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Jerky » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 am

I dunno man. Giant underground conveyor-belt fed torture chambers serving up "hundreds" of naked children to horrible sexual abuse by men "dressed as witches"...

Seems a little bit off. A little bit much.
Jerky

Postby guruilla » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Third and forth parts of conversation with Ann Diamond on Leonard Cohen, MKUltra, cultural engineering.

(Show notes below.)

I also wrote a piece summing up about Cohen, Straw Sage: The Shtickless Shtick & Perception Management of Leonard Cohen, which includes some interesting quotes, eg:

Unlike many Canadians, Cohen is a passionate defender of the American ideal, but the solutions he sees to the country’s problems are surprisingly authoritarian—more police on the streets, the censoring of violent television, the application of force. “At certain times of crisis, like in every other society, extraordinary and emergency measures have to be invoked . . . The fact is that the predators—on all levels, whether it’s Wall Street of the streets—are about to take over.” (Richard Guilliat for the Sunday Times, dated December 12th 1993)

And:

“Forgive me for asking…” it may have seemed a significant question made banal, but it needed an answer, “what are you trying to achieve in your songs; what is your ambition?”

“To create a vapor and a mist,” Cohen responded, “to make oneself attractive, to master it . . . Really, it’s all an alibi for something nobody’s ever been able to talk about.”
(“The Romantic in a Ragpicker’s Trade,” by Paul Williams)

Some recent Cohen-leads also place him pretty much in the familiar nexus which I mapped out parts of at the Occult Yorkshire thread, starting with Michael Hollingshead, the Brit who introduced LSD to Tim Leary in December 1961 on the recommendation of Aldous Huxley.
http://greatwen.com/2011/11/30/secret-l ... ic-centre/

Michael Hollingshead was the Executive Secretary of the Institute of British-American Cultural Exchange ... "This grandiose title meant that I was in the service of a semi-official British propaganda agency in the field of international cultural relations" ... In 1965 he moved to London where he opened the World Psychedelic Center. He also worked with experimental film, collaborating on the Scott Bartlett short subject "Moon 69" .... Among those who (he claims) came within his circle were ... Julie Felix, the folksinger... http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Mi ... llingshead

According to a commenter at YouTube, Julie Felix "introduced Leonard Cohen to the British audience. I was riveted. alone in the family room. No drugs, just music." (Cohen appeared on her show at the BBC in 1967 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEyw3LvjPJA)

Around the same time, "Hollingshead began welcoming key figures from the scene – including Roman Polanski, Alex Trocchi, William Burroughs, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Donovan and the Rolling Stones." http://greatwen.com/2011/11/30/secret-l ... ic-centre/

"Among those who are said to have visited the [recruiter of international LSD proselytizers, John Starr Cooke, in Mexico] were Ralph Metzner, songwriter Leonard Cohen, Andrija Puharich ... " Acid Dreams | Chapter Two: Psychedelic Pioneers pdf

Cohen was even in London during the famous Strieber-summer of 1968, recording with British DJ and alleged pedophile John Peel, for "Top Gear." The final track is a duet with Julie Felix on "Hey, That’s No Way To Say Goodbye."
http://100greatestbootlegs.blogspot.ca/ ... -1968.html

And so it goes.

Liminalist show notes:
Part Three: In part three we discuss Cohen’s possible participation in Donald Hebb LSD experiments at McGill in 1951, Cohen the soldier of fortune, instilling discipline into a generation, Cohen’s first career, Cohen in the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) during the Yom Kippur war, Cohen & Ariel Sharon, Cohen’s lullaby, masquerading as peacenik, how glamor magic works, Cohen’s Maoist critics, dazzling European audiences, Cohen as conservative representative to radical youth, 1970 timeline, calming the audience at Madison, Wisconsin, Cohen the pacifier, his anti-communism, Cohen timeline beginning with his Jewish elite family background, living in the Montreal red light district & hanging with the pimps and gangsters, the Jewish mafia, the McGill years, early writing, early income, transitioning from writer to singer, Life magazine 1960 Hydra photospread, John H. Hammond II background, juxtaposing Cohen’s career trajectory with Jasun’s, Cohen-charisma, Cohen’s autistic grace, trauma-created charisma, placing anomalous charm in the right context, Irving Layton’s backing, delivering Cohen an audience, National Film Board of Canada’s history of propaganda, promoting LSD, The Ernie Game, John H. Hammond again, FBI’s unwitting investigations of CIA operatives, Pump Up the Volume & Allan Moyle, The Rubber Gun, pedophiles at McGill, the Hounds of Montreal, Cohen as mentor to the young art crowd.

Part Four, “Negative Space”: Art as technology, discovering Cohen, Jasun’s story, disinheriting fortune, disappearing from the map, matching trauma and implicate order, worshiping artists, the items of identity, weaponized memes, uncovering the hidden narrative, Disney programming, Mickey Mouse-as-negative space, the exalted state, the limits of art, not trusting good feelings, self-expression vs. art, abusing the creative impulse, sociopaths and forgiveness addiction, ice that melts the heart, Cohen’s confessional, two separate careers, born into a crime syndicate, Cohen’s struggle, being an icon, changing perceptions of the entertainment industry, Open Secret, the conspiracy of culture, the populated margins, leaving the map, creating a safe space through dialogue, eloquence as a means to integration, pawns of culture, generation X & baby boomers, an astrological interlude, blaming previous generations, betrayed by Cohen, Leonard the lightbringer, Cohen’s fear/hatred of women, the last man standing, the legacy of a false narrative, reaching out to Cohen, resigned t Hell, a shot at redemption, Kelley Lynch, will Leonard be listening, back to the beginning.

Outtakes:

The Illuminati poisoned well, the roots of MKUltra, Cohen’s beliefs, Sabbatai Zvi as Cohen’s historical twin, Nathan of Gaza, the Sabbatean sect and links to Weishaupt’s Illuminati, the missing Hydra winter of 1980, a holocaust of the gentiles, spreading ugly rumors about Ann Diamond, Irving Layton’s admission, Cohen’s Prozac period & the Allan Memorial psychiatrists, the energetic effects of Prozac.
guruilla

Postby nashvillebrook » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:08 pm

i just listened to all the Liminalist/Ann Diamond podcasts while driving up and down 95 for work. i thought it was a riveting conversation. I also found myself agreeing with a lot of what she said about art and life.

i think the MK Ultra stuff is just so weird, that any of it taken out of context is going to sound crazy. She's aware of the difficulty of the material, too -- you can hear it in her voice. There's an approach/avoid quality -- like, "do we open this can of worms...will it fail miserably?" And so you get passing references to the basement at the McGill or whatever, with the conveyor belt, or witches, or what-not, and it sounds crazy -- but I'm willing to give her that b/c it's a passing reference and not the whole cloth. Plus, having read My Cold War, a lot of those stories make more sense.

I'll tell you though, when I first started reading this blog so many years ago, it was this kind of material that I had the hardest time with -- trauma-based experimentation, mk ultra, abuse generally. But, I think that over the years there's been convincing evidence presented that these situations (programs) existed. I always think about Abu Ghraib, and how it seems like that whole mess in Iraq was this writ large.

I think the most compelling part of the interview, for me, was when she's talking about how Cohen came to McGill with an interest in the "spectacled" young people, and called her out of the blue. I can easily imagine this scene, and the fact that it was presented in a documentary is wild. Given the research she presents in her book, I think she makes a decent case for being "kept tabs on." I also thought it was interesting how she said that Cohen always seemed to be pushing her toward drug-addled "wipeouts." I loved this language she used. It's almost something my mother would say...but she became one of those "wipeout" poets. You could hear it in her voice that she's someone who is too smart for that. She mentions that she didn't drink back then. And I love how she kept such a keen perspective on the scene in Hydra with the right-wingers and the "Suzannes."

I could easily listen to 4 more hours. I'd love to hear more on the "technology of art."

Good stuff -- thank you guruilla!
nashvillebrook

Postby guruilla » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:48 pm

That's great, thanks. I'm certainly up for another run with Ann. I also want to speak to Kelley Lynch, tho I'm a bit wary of rushing in there, where even angels might fear to tread.
guruilla

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:32 am

I'm a radio nerd from way back, and listen to a lot of podcasts. What i really liked about your pod is there's a precision in your questions that's missing in some genres of (especially) American podcasting. We tend to trade on casualness, which makes for very boring listening. When the interviewer has a precise notion of the question, or the frame they're using, then the interviewee is put at ease, because they feel understood. I think that makes the listening experience more inviting too.
nashvillebrook

Postby guruilla » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Appreciated. I am hyper-aware of that I think because there are so many ways any given conversation can go wrong, & only one right way.

Bit like life!?

[edit: not sure if that's true or not, but it feels like that.]
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:44 pm

For those reading this thread who find the subject of SRA-CIA sexual abuse for mind control purposes "a bit much" in terms of credibility, the CKLN Mind Control Series from 1997, which includes in court testimonies of survivors, is an invaluable resource. The audios aren't titled at the source page, here, so I've created identifiable download links of the more useful ones so far (I am only about one-eighth of the way through!).

The first ten links, 1A - 5B, consist of a lecture by Colin A. Ross followed by an interview. Ross is a credible witness with a good background in psychology and trauma and a refreshingly measured approach.

Valerie Wolf, Claudia Mullin, Christine deNicola, Survivor Testimony at the Human Radiation Experiments Hearings.

Part 1. Part 2.

Lecture on Mind Control: History & Analysis

Walter Bowart (author of Operation Mind Control) begins the lecture for 20 mins in Part 1.

After that Dr. Alan Schefling (author of The Mind Manipulators) takes over. Schefling, who is also a lawyer, gives an enjoyably formal and rigorously comprehensive summary of "the history of mind control, what we can prove and what we can't," over the next five parts (from 1995). All of this is indispensable listening, IMO. Most of the info may not be new, but the presentation & context is. After decades of conspiratainment, I found it refreshing to hear this material talked about in such a fact-grounded, no-nonsense fashion.

Part 2.
Part 3.
Part 4.
Part 5.
Part 6.

Edit: table of contents without ref. to mp3 file names: http://members.tranquility.net/~rwinkel ... bleofc.htm
Last edited by guruilla on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:53 pm

PS. I was just directed to this old RI thread about Colin Ross: http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... w=previous

Could be problematic, as I just invited him onto the podcast. :?
guruilla

Postby zangtang » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:23 pm

how about leonard Cohen himself? - or is that er....naieve?
zangtang

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:26 pm

I could go via the CIA. :lol:
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks Wombat for this link:

“Through layers of time

You can’t divide

[…]

In places deep

With roots entwined

I live the life

I left behind”
[Cohen, Nevermind]

Do these lyrics strike anybody else as an anthem

of a burned-out Brotherhood slave alter?

https://thelongvoyageout.wordpress.com/ ... nevermind/

Funny how those lyrics somehow passed me by....
guruilla

Postby convolvulaceae » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Burned out...with a touch of kuru perhaps?

Too Old

I'm too old
to learn the names
of the new killers
This one here
looks tired and attractive
devoted, professorial
He looks a lot like me
when I was teaching
a radical form of Buddhism
to the hopelessly insane
In the name of the old
high magic
he commands
families to be burned alive
and children mutilated
He probably knows
a song or two that I wrote
All of them
all the bloody hand bathers
and chewers of entrails
and scalp peelers
they all danced
to the music of the Beatles
they worshiped Bob Dylan
Dear friends
there are few of us left
silenced
trembling all the time
hidden among the blood -
stunned fanatics
as we witness to each other
the old atrocity
the old obsolete atrocity
that has driven out
the heart's warm appetite
and humbled evolution
and made a puke of prayer
(L.Cohen)
convolvulaceae

Postby guruilla » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:18 am

Nice find. :thumbsup
guruilla

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion