Updated 3:08 PM ET, Fri November 27, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

Shoppers stuck in grocery store near Planned Parenthood
ATF responds to incident in Colorado Springs
Witness describes scene of Planned Parenthood incident
How police respond in 'active shooter' situations

Police report 'active shooter' near Planned Parenthood
Shoppers stuck in grocery store near Planned Parenthood

A witness reports seeing multiple armed police and several police cars
Police: There's believed to be one shooter; it's not known if there are hostages
(CNN)A shopping center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was on lockdown Friday as police searched for a shooter near a Planned Parenthood facility there.

There's at least one shooter in the area, police Sgt. Kevin Miyakusu told CNN, and it's unclear if there are any injuries.

"Right now we don't know if there are any hostages," he said. "It is an ongoing situation."

Brigitte Wolfe, who said she works in the area of shooting, told CNN that she saw about five officers behind a building with their guns drawn, as well as about three SWAT vehicles and roughly seven police cars from her vantage point in a strip mall that's across the street from the Planned Parenthood. A grocery store and bank are nearby, Wolfe noted.

Photos taken by Kody Fisher, a reporter with CNN affiliate KXRM, showed an ambulance and, in another picture. at least two police officers crouched behind a patrol car an ambulance at one intersection.

Miyakusu said he didn't know of any injuries, adding that police are only aware of a single shooter.

"It is a very fluid situation," he said.

Colorado Springs police tweeted that the shooting took place on Centennial Boulevard. A newspaper in the city, The Gazette, reported that traffic was shut down in both directions on that road and that customers were told to stay put in a nearby grocery store and shops.

That sentiment was echoed by Colorado Springs police, who warned around 12:20 p.m. (2:20 p.m. ET) that the area was "not secure" that those in a nearby shopping center should "shelter in place."

At a grocery store in the shopping center, an intercom announcement told shoppers not to leave.

The city, in the central part of the Colorado, has more than 400,000 residents.

It was not immediately clear whether Planned Parenthood was the target of the shooting.

Planned Parenthood is a national health care provider that delivers reproductive health care and sex education to women and men throughout the United States. The organization runs nearly 700 health centers throughout the United States, according to its website.

The group says each year 2.7 million people in the United States visit its health centers for health care services and information.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: "Active Shooter" or Domestic Terrorist You decide

Postby 82_28 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Obviously a fine gentleman instilled with the message of James Dobson. It's been a long time but Denver and the Springs are night and day. But that was before Columbine and Aurora.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:08 pm

after 2 hours they are just bringing out a wounded officer
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:11 pm

shooter with AK47 in lobby of Planned Parenthood surrounded by police
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Well, when it comes to reporting, the right move is definitely "Active Shooter" -- even when the 2009 Fort Hood shooting turned out to be domestic terrorism, that's how it was initially reported. Mostly because it's a reasonably impartial term for journalistas, and cribbed directly from law enforcement anyway. 10-4! Watch your 6, Officer! I love to feel like I'm participating.

I confess, I was just basking in the livestream of sanctimony and outrage about this, burning brightly in an almost total vacuum of solid facts.

There's been a lot of early chatter about the shooter being "Samuel Hyde" aka Sam Hyde, the edgiest comedian alive -- often ID'd as a KKK leader, no less. He's been hoax-fingered a lot in recent, racially charged media spectacles. The photos going around are particularly rich.

Anyways, those allegations are obviously completely true; he and Ben Garrison need to be rounded up immediately. For domestic terrorism.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:31 pm

9 injured and hospitalized, including 4 cops
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:29 pm wrote:Well, when it comes to reporting, the right move is definitely "Active Shooter" -- even when the 2009 Fort Hood shooting turned out to be domestic terrorism, that's how it was initially reported. Mostly because it's a reasonably impartial term for journalistas, and cribbed directly from law enforcement anyway. 10-4! Watch your 6, Officer! I love to feel like I'm participating.

I confess, I was just basking in the livestream of sanctimony and outrage about this, burning brightly in an almost total vacuum of solid facts.

There's been a lot of early chatter about the shooter being "Samuel Hyde" aka Sam Hyde, the edgiest comedian alive -- often ID'd as a KKK leader, no less. He's been hoax-fingered a lot in recent, racially charged media spectacles. The photos going around are particularly rich.

Anyways, those allegations are obviously completely true; he and Ben Garrison need to be rounded up immediately. For domestic terrorism.

women seeking a safe legal abortion and the abortion provider may have a differing opinion on how to label this event...the religious crazies are terrorizing women
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:03 pm

"Active Shooter near Planned Parenthood" could spin out a lot of ways.

Also -- correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Planned Parenthood actually not do abortions onsite? I thought they were a public health agency that arranged abortions along with all kinds of other heath care exams and procedures.

Is that just a New England thing?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:07 pm

well maybe the idiot inside with the gun doesn't know that.....

this did start at the PP building

the right wing hates Planned Parenthood whether it is doing the abortions there or not
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:Also -- correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Planned Parenthood actually not do abortions onsite? I thought they were a public health agency that arranged abortions along with all kinds of other heath care exams and procedures.

Is that just a New England thing?

Not even a thing in New England - a friend tells me they do abortions in Burlington and sure enough:
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/healt ... 0/abortion

Something new every day, boy howdy.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:17 pm

hearing on the TV that he brought in propane tanks

don't know how many people are in there
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby backtoiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Also -- correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Planned Parenthood actually not do abortions onsite? I thought they were a public health agency that arranged abortions along with all kinds of other heath care exams and procedures.

Unless I am mistaken I think they are one of the main brokers for the fetal tissue sales business. I think there are some videos online showing them negotiating the sales of fetal tissue. I could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly I think they are right in the middle of it.

They may be providing a service that women want but I don't think they are motivated to be a help to women. I think they are motivated to move fetal tissue and make money from abortions for the most part through seemingly unaffiliated business partners and companies.

If I am wrong forgive me but this is my impression.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Elvis » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Yes! I heard that very same thing on Fox News!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:26 pm

backtoiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:11 pm wrote:

Unless I am mistaken I think they are one of the main brokers for the fetal tissue sales business. I think there are some videos online showing them negotiating the sales of fetal tissue. I could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly I think they are right in the middle of it.

They may be providing a service that women want but I don't think they are motivated to be a help to women. I think they are motivated to move fetal tissue and make money from abortions for the most part through seemingly unaffiliated business partners and companies.

If I am wrong forgive me but this is my impression.

I'm sorry but you are very very wrong about the fetal tissue and the videos

you really really need to catch up on Planned Parenthood before typing another word about them...your impression is sadly mistaken I'd like to know where in the world you got those ideas?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby backtoiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm sorry but you are very very wrong about the fetal tissue and the videos

I apologize. In the last couple of weeks some videos surfaced of an organization brokering fetal tissue and I guess I got it mixed up with planned parenthood but I didn't mean to.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Next

Return to General Discussion