The “Alternative Right"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The “Alternative Right"

Postby American Dream » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 am

I think that snippet you posted is a steaming pile of shit. Do you actually believe in that sort of nonsense?
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:48 am

Ok that is cool. You answered the question. That is all I asked and you delivered.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby jakell » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am

slomo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:20 pm wrote:
backtoiam » 01 Dec 2015 06:06 wrote:Ok i'm disappointed I wanted your take on the Hegelian Dialectic. Now I have to hide from white people again today. Hiding from white folk is getting tedious I must say...Those white folk are dangerous crackers...

You know already: AD will never respond to your comments. He'll either create more copypasta, or cut+paste the forum rules in an effort to suggest that you are somehow breaking them. But he'll never directly address your comments.

Brainpanhandler once asked me to imagine that I was a far right infiltrator to RI, and asked me how I would go about it.

I gave a fairly off the cuff reply, but I missed out on remarking on a good method of 'gaming' a forum so that its mental machinery becomes convoluted and bogged down; that is to force-feed it ridiculously copious amounts of something resembling its regular diet, and keep on doing it... and doing it... and doing it. In these days of the internet, a proliferation of such material is only a few clicks away, so it's no great effort.
This can bring the examination of a particular subject matter to almost a standstill.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby slomo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

jakell » 01 Dec 2015 06:53 wrote:
slomo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:20 pm wrote:
backtoiam » 01 Dec 2015 06:06 wrote:Ok i'm disappointed I wanted your take on the Hegelian Dialectic. Now I have to hide from white people again today. Hiding from white folk is getting tedious I must say...Those white folk are dangerous crackers...

You know already: AD will never respond to your comments. He'll either create more copypasta, or cut+paste the forum rules in an effort to suggest that you are somehow breaking them. But he'll never directly address your comments.

Brainpanhandler once asked me to imagine that I was a far right infiltrator to RI, and asked me how I would go about it.

I gave a fairly off the cuff reply, but I missed out on remarking on a good method of 'gaming' a forum so that its mental machinery becomes convoluted and bogged down; that is to force-feed it ridiculously copious amounts of something resembling its regular diet, and keep on doing it... and doing it... and doing it. In these days of the internet, a proliferation of such material is only a few clicks away, so it's no great effort.
This can bring the examination of a particular subject matter to almost a standstill.

Meh, I don't think the ridiculously copious amounts of copypasta are creating any kind of standstill. In actuality, AD is clarifying his position with every additional article he posts. It's really very simple: be afraid, people, be very afraid of the authoritarian right; be so afraid that you submit utterly and completely to the authoritarian left!
slomo

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 am

Meh, I don't think the ridiculously copious amounts of copypasta are creating any kind of standstill. In actuality, AD is clarifying his position with every additional article he posts. It's really very simple: be afraid, people, be very afraid of the authoritarian right; be so afraid that you submit utterly and completely to the authoritarian left!

Yes sir. A cat has two paws and can play ping with itself. The cat does not care which paw you land on as long as it can catch you with either the left or the right. It will eat you regardless of which set of claws it gets you with. It really doesn't care.

Right now, the cat is using its left claw for the catcher and faking with the right claw as a motion distraction device. Smart mice know this, the rest will get eaten. It is really that simple.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby American Dream » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:21 am

There's a number of people here don't read/think very carefuly at all. I have a ton of criticism for the authoritarian left- in both it's broadly Stalinoid and "Privilege Politics" iterations...
American Dream

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:43 am

American Dream » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:21 pm wrote:There's a number of people here don't read/think very carefuly at all. I have a ton of criticism for the authoritarian left- in both it's broadly Stalinoid and "Privilege Politics" iterations...

What utter, utter mendacious bollocks; the fact that you could not spell 'carefully' correctly whilst engaging in a howlingly arrogant put-down is just priceless, truly beyond satire.

The idea that you see yourself as a critic of the authoritarian left... is just pure comedy gold.

For me, your political philosophy is most clearly at home in an East Germany of the 1970s or the 1960's Red Guards; a world of dull grey, enforced totalitarian conformity, a screamingly paranoid nightmare of denunciation and 'public re-education', or worse in the case of the capital sins of Wrongspeak and BeingLabelledAsASketchyCharacter; wrapped in the most tenuous, obscuring tissue of silky current season social justice warrior fabric, fascinated, obsessed with and repulsed by the Other.
Searcher08

Postby slomo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01 pm

American Dream » 01 Dec 2015 07:21 wrote:There's a number of people here don't read/think very carefuly at all. I have a ton of criticism for the authoritarian left- in both it's broadly Stalinoid and "Privilege Politics" iterations...

We've made progress! I'm no longer a cryptofascist shill for the right. I'm merely stupid.

Or maybe I'm both? Time will tell...
slomo

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:04 pm

SPLITTER!
Searcher08

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:44 pm

backtoiam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:46 pm wrote:
Luther Blissett » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:10 pm wrote:But backtoiam, you also rolled that in with some stances that are not only 20 years old but drastically changed today and trending positively as of right now. Why not look to the future like others are, towards something vastly different, and if current trends continue, with less undue death?

My brother, there is nothing more than I would love to see than for the "trends" to change but trends also have "trajectories" and with the social engineering sophistication happening in the "information age" and the ability to program the average human mind with ideas it just does not seem to be headed in a direction that will be beneficial to the masses no matter what color, age, ethnicity, religious persuasion, and all that business.

The only thing that could turn this bus wreck around in my opinion is for the people that see themselves as "leftists" would be for them to recognize the fact that the Dialectic they are being fed is bogus, turn some of it around backwards, ignore some of it, not react to to some of it. We are not stupid unless we listen. We just need to treat each other as we want to be treated but with meme programming this is becoming more difficult.

And even if we treat each other with respect, the will tell us that we are not, take action on it, and there is not much we can do to defend against it. There is so much fake news telling us all that we hate each other that they can do whatever they want to us because how will the masses know the difference anyway? We can't see every neighborhood because we are not there and most people believe what they are told.

In my opinion if a person wants to be a serious activist for social justice they should look for something to be "for" instead of "against" but at this stage of the game that might not even work. Instead of being against things, look for ways to patch up and heal differences between groups of people because different groups of people have more in common than they realize, like damn survival at this point, in spite of their petty grievances about what they BELIeVE.

Belief is a fluid substance and obviously everything we "believe" is not true because if it was we would all believe the same thing.

Who here isn't building, working, striving for various aspirations? I can't think of a single poster whose talked-about personal activism is majority "destructive". I would say that my split is something like 90% constructive vs. 10% tearing down old institutions.

When I think about what sets Rigorous Intuition apart from day-to-day, on-the-ground activism, the starkest difference is that people I meet aren't really doing the whole deep politics / parapolitics / long now / high weirdness / esoteric power elite thing, where all of those elements combine. I almost think of it as if we can exist at a place where we can circumvent culturally appropriative, white knight activism or that which can get bogged down in too much minutiae, losing focus on the big picture. I think that the best of this place has the potential to really "strike at the root" as the activist parlance says when it comes to deep politics since that is our acute focus.

Of course this is 99.999% ineffective because the armor that the deep state wears is diamond-encrusted, but what I like about Rigorous Intuition is that we could be poised to make it through that 0.001% chance that there's a weak spot. Of course there are other places that have their sights trained on the same or similar targets who use different tactics but they are more chaotic, disorganized, reactive or misguided. I think of this place as patient, meditative, focused, and (especially, obviously) research-driven.

In the meantime, in our daily lives, I don't imagine that we are actually practicing live counterespionage operations against human agents in the field, infiltrating the board rooms of financial institutions as impostor spies, or disrupting genocidal paramilitaries in war zones, but maybe we are participating in Food Not Bombs, working community gardens, and teaching adult literacy classes. Maybe some others are primarily researchers, writers, and investigators. Even better.

Who is not looking for ways to "patch things up"?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Luther my post was not even taking RI into the equation. My post was referring to the whole world. I was not attempting to tell RI people how to think and act. Of course I knew, since I posted it here, that it would get read here and hopefully influence people here. I just believe that if people would realize that groups of people have more in common than what happens in their pants, their skin color, and all that stuff, that people will realize that we have more in common than we have difference.

I wrote a lot more but I will cut it here because I am tired. I might revise and post the rest later but my best judgement tell me no right now. I will respond though.
backtoiam

Postby Elvis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:24 pm

backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:34 am wrote:
In 1847 the London Communist League (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels) used Hegel's theory of the dialectic to back up their economic theory of communism. Now, in the 21st century, Hegelian-Marxist thinking affects our entire social and political structure.

The Hegelian dialectic is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution. If we do not understand how the Hegelian dialectic shapes our perceptions of the world, then we do not know how we are helping to implement the vision for the future. . . .

No link?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Don't remember elvis but you can crank up more on the Hegelian Dialectic than you can possibly read in a whole day. The premise is very simple. Its the art of bullshit.
backtoiam

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Elvis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:24 pm wrote:
In 1847 the London Communist League (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels) used Hegel's theory of the dialectic to back up their economic theory of communism. Now, in the 21st century, Hegelian-Marxist thinking affects our entire social and political structure.

The Hegelian dialectic is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution. If we do not understand how the Hegelian dialectic shapes our perceptions of the world, then we do not know how we are helping to implement the vision for the future. . . .

No link?

It's something like: truths that encourage competition, resource hoarding, and the squashing of people not like you are neat; truths that encourage all people working together for the common good are mean and lies.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Luther Blissett » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:50 pm wrote:
Elvis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:24 pm wrote:

I am not even sure if I understand that but I am tempted to say yes. If you will read my previous post where I said that there is a force in this world, very organized, that will take our love for one another, our compassion for another, our empathy for one another, and our desire to help each other, our basic goodness, and our good hearts, and then they will flip that upside down on us and use it as a battering ram to cause us to hurt each other. They like that shit too. It is sort of like shouting fire in a theatre and watching the mice run.

I am so tempted to explain this in detail that I almost cannot stand it but I know better unless I get flight clearance on this one.
backtoiam

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations