Paul McCartney as a rigorous intuition subject.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

rest in peace George Martin

Postby IanEye » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:55 am

lonely driver - out on the road
with a 100 miles to go
sole survivor - carrying the load
switches on his radio

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Paul McCartney as a rigorous intuition subject.

Postby vince » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVYEgMrxOg[/youtube]
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Vince, place only the characters that come after the "v="

this part, "mhVYEgMrxOg"

between the youtube tags
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: rest in peace George Martin

Postby justdrew » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:17 am

that Martin at ~3:40?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby IanEye » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:47 am

yes, he is the piano player throughout the video.
IanEye

Postby vince » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 am

Iamwhomiam » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:45 pm wrote:Vince, place only the characters that come after the "v="

this part, "mhVYEgMrxOg"

between the youtube tags

Thank you.
I'm linking the song Mr. Martin wrote and released BEFORE he started producing The Beatles!

The B-Side, "Waltz In Orbit" sounds like a song by The Residents!
LOVE IT!
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby jakell » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:46 am

There was an obituary show on BBC radio a couple of days and some recordings of George Martin. I realised then that he really does speak like this (the inflections, not the content):

Some folks may think these are a bit disrespectful, and they may be right.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

we hear saint paul

Postby IanEye » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:19 pm

IanEye

Postby justdrew » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:58 pm

only now have I found about about John's dad's single...

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby brekin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Didn't know about John's dads single either.

Here's Paul on receiving the meaning of life, spoiler alert: It has 7 levels.

1:05-1:44
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 am

fwiw.......Miles Mathis weighs in, analyzing photos of 'twin' McCartneys.

I found him credible, until page 12:

"Also, he is right-handed while Paul is left-handed, just as you would expect from twins. You will say, only if they are identical twins. True: thehandedness split is only guaranteed with identical twins. "

http://mileswmathis.com/paul8.pdf

Information in Gibson Guitar newsletter supports twin possibility:

"But the myths never went away. In #7 of The Beatles’ Anthology movies, Paul is seen playing right-handed. Which led some to believe the myth that Paul is Dead, and that the man playing is a lookalike stand-in. Now that’s just weird…

Yet Paul McCartney in 1963 said: "The only thing I couldn't cure myself of was being left-handed. I do everything with my left hand, and no matter how I try I can't change the habit. I just seem to do everything back to front. I used to even write backwards.”

McCartney eventually answered questions about it all. In 1986, he simply stated, “I'm quite definitely left-handed.” Then again, McCartney is able to sign autographs with his right hand. Some even suggest the way Paul folds his arms implies a natural right-hander. Like Jimi Hendrix, maybe McCartney doesn’t care too much and he has more talented hands than most of us?"

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Fe ... -2012.aspx
Cordelia

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Given his immense musical abilities I wouldn't be surprised if he spent a fair amount of time practicing right-handed. He's probably better on guitar with his off-hand than most of us are with our strong hand.

Having said that...
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby RocketMan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:36 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/paul-mccartney/ ... ium=social

Paul McCartney has recalled how he was convinced he worked out the meaning of life while talking to Bob Dylan.

In a new video interview to promote his forthcoming compilation ‘Pure McCartney’, the singer discussed how he was in Dylan’s hotel room when he began having “a mystical experience”.

McCartney said: “I could feel myself climbing a spiral walkway as I was talking to Dylan. I felt like I was figuring it all out, the meaning of life.” He explained how he ordered Beatles roadie Mal Evans, who was also in the room to find a piece of paper.

McCartney continued: “I was going ‘I’ve got it!’ and wrote down the key to it all on this piece of paper. I told Mal ‘You keep this piece of paper, make sure you don’t lose it, because the meaning of life is on there. Mal gave me the piece of paper the next day, and on it was written ‘There are seven levels.’ Well, there you go, the meaning of life…”
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby lucky » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 am

Both my mother, father and daughter are left handed but do some things with there right hand (eating , writing playing sport etc) I have real problems with my left and right and have to actually point left or right if im talking to someone as I get confused which is which....I explained this to my shrink once and he asked if I was left or right handed and said that although I am right handed in everything I do I can play sports left or right handed (tennis, pool, squash etc), use a knife and fork, fire a weapon etc not so good at writing but then I never really tried. He told me that I am about 40% ambidextrous and that's why my brain confuses the issue ....also my optician told me my left eye is dominant which is unusual for a right hander....sorry a bit OT : )
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:30 am

This Letter From John Lennon Shows His Real Feelings About Paul McCartney

The nasty 1971 message makes it obvious why The Beatles didn't last

The early 1970s were a tough time in the lives of The Beatles. The band had dissolved among growing tensions between the musicians, and in 1970 they decided to go their separate ways and officially disbanded the most important group in modern music. By 1971, Paul McCartney found himself in one of the worst spots in his life, one that "he would look back on ... and tell everyone that he'd almost had a nervous breakdown."

It was during this time that relations between The Beatles were at the most volatile, and in 1971, John Lennon sent a scathing letter to his former bandmate and then-wife Linda McCartney. "I was reading your letter and wondering what middle aged cranky Beatle fan wrote it," Lennon's typed and hand-annotated message to McCartney reads.
"Do you really think most of today's art came about because of the Beatles?" Lennon wrote. "I don't believe you're that insane—Paul—do you believe that? When you stop believing it you might wake up! Didn't we always say we were part of the movement—not all of it?—Of course, we changed the world—but try and follow it through—GET OFF YOUR GOLD DISC AND FLY!"

It's hard to say exactly what Lennon is referring to, as the letter is undated but believed to be from 1971, but it's pretty obvious that the former Beatle is pissed off. As he continues:
Finally, about not telling anyone that I left the Beatles—PAUL and Klein both spent the day persuading me it was better not to say anything—asking me not to say anything because it would 'hurt the Beatles'—and 'let's just let it petre out'—remember? So get that into your petty little perversion of a mind, Mrs. McCartney—the cunts asked me to keep quiet about it. Of course, the money angle is important—to all of us—especially after all the petty shit that came from your insane family/in laws—and GOD HELP YOU OUT, PAUL—see you in two years—I reckon you'll be out then—inspite of it all, love to you both, from us two.

Imagehttp://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a50669/john-lennon-letter-to-paul-mccartney/
Earth-704509
MinM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion