CRUZ is even MORE dangerous

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: CRUZ is even MORE dangerous

Postby Freitag » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 am

Brutal Anti-Cruz Attack Ad Just 30 Seconds Of Candidate’s Photo Displayed Without Any Text, Voiceover, Music

RALEIGH, NC—In what many political observers are calling a new low in an election season that has already seen its share of negative campaigning, a scathing anti–Ted Cruz attack ad airing this week reportedly shows nothing more than a still photograph of the Texas senator’s face for 30 seconds, unaccompanied by any text, voiceover, or music.

The pointed TV spot—which continues on in complete silence and does not pan across or zoom in on the candidate’s face, but merely holds steady on the image for half a minute before fading to black—is said to be running in several states with upcoming primaries and is paid for by a super PAC opposed to Cruz’s presidential bid.

“This is an extremely vicious jab at Ted Cruz, and one that succeeds in painting the candidate in a most unfavorable light,” said Douglas Reisenthaler, a senior analyst with Public Policy Polling, who described the ad as by far the most unrelenting and hostile attack to air since the 2016 election cycle began. “Inevitably, some voters will be turned off by the maliciousness of showing an unretouched headshot of Ted Cruz on television screens across America, but it has nonetheless proved very effective in turning public opinion against his candidacy.”

He added, “Everywhere this ad has aired, Cruz’s numbers have gone into complete free-fall.”

The Cruz campaign has been vocal in its criticism of what it describes as an underhanded smear tactic, with spokeswoman Alice Stewart saying the televised photo not only crosses the line, but is also difficult to watch. While admitting some amount of mudslinging is to be expected in a competitive race at the national level, she called airing a static image of Cruz’s bare countenance without interruption for the full duration of an ad “sick” and “truly repulsive.”

A representative from the organization responsible for the commercial, Believe in Liberty PAC, defended its actions, noting that while attack ads often digitally alter photographs to make a candidate appear more unflattering or even menacing, the picture it used of the 45-year-old presidential hopeful was completely undoctored and thus did not misrepresent or mislead in any way. Regardless, many viewers told reporters they found the anti-Cruz commercial inexcusable.

“It’s absolutely revolting, and I can’t believe they would run something like that on television,” said Dorothy Chalmers, a Dillsboro, NC mother who saw the ad with her three small children. “I immediately turned it off, of course, but I had to talk with my kids about what we had just seen. It was so nasty and unpleasant, my youngest one started to cry. Is this the kind of low-blow campaigning we can expect to endure through November?”

“After watching the ad, though, I definitely won’t be voting for Ted Cruz,” she continued. “How could you after seeing that?”
Freitag

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:21 am

I read that a couple weeks ago and cannot stop laughing of the brilliance of that Onion piece.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 pm

more at link

Only 22 People Show Up For Senator Cruz Philadelphia Rally – Unstable Ted Starts Screaming on Radio Show (audio)…
Posted on April 19, 2016

Presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz had a full apoplectic meltdown today. During a radio appearance an unhinged Senator Cruz began lashing out and screaming at Sean Hannity. (full audio below) The internet lit up as people discussed the on-air meltdown wondering what could have possibly triggered such grossly unstable behavior.

Apparently the answer is found in this picture from Senator Cruz’s rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Only a few dozen people showed up to hear candidate Cruz – in a city home to over 1.6 million people.

https://theconservativetreehouse.files. ... .jpg?w=640
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:38 pm

For you JFK hounds here is some griss for the mill. I have not been following this so I have no idea if its true or not. You JFK researchers may recognize some of the names in here for further research. Here it is for what its worth.

Cruz's father, Oswald, Bush, etc...

"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Former Speaker of the House John Boehner spoke with David M. Kennedy, history professor emeritus, yesterday evening (NAFIA CHOWDHURY/The Stanford Daily).

Republican John Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer in the flesh'

By Dylan Baddour Updated 11:23 am, Thursday, April 28, 2016

Former House Speaker John Boehner trashed Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz during a talk at Stanford University Wednesday, the school's student newspaper reported.

It's no surprise that Boehner disdains Cruz, who he has previously referred to as "that jackass." Cruz spent much of his brief Senate career railing against Boehner, who he called an inauthentic conservative, a panderer and a member of the "Washington cartel."

Cruz boasts of his abrasive relationships with party leaders, who he alleges are part of a system that impedes progress and coddles corruption. In a primary race marked by the dominance of self-proclaimed outsiders, divisive rhetoric has already pulled at the seams of the Republican Party.

Boehner escalated the vitriol on Wednesday. The Stanford Daily reported that Boehner "made a face" when asked his opinion of Cruz, prompting laughter from the crowd.

"Lucifer in the flesh," Boehner said of Cruz. "I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."

In contrast, Boehner said he and GOP front-runner Donald Trump were "texting buddies." That's sure to fuel Cruz's charges that Trump is part of a Washington elite.

Of Ohio Gov. John Kasich, the fledgling third candidate in the GOP race, Boehner said, "I love him."

The former speaker said he would vote for Trump.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/politics/tedcruz/article/Republican-John-Boehner-calls-Ted-Cruz-Lucifer-7380917.php
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:20 pm

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Novem5er » Mon May 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Are we seeing a tentacle or a goat hoof in that gif??
Novem5er

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 pm

You deffo got me. A fist bump or hug would have probably sufficed and then Ted would have jumped in popularity. But that is one creepy handshake. A handshake that can only be learned.
Last edited by 82_28 on Mon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82_28

Postby Novem5er » Mon May 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Honestly, I think she grabbed his hand at a funny angle in impromptu celebration and he was like "ewww, what is this?! We're touching now?"
Novem5er

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Maybe that is how the first "secret handshake" began! Just a mistake.
82_28

Postby Novem5er » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Haha, many times I have gone in to give someone "dap" and messed the whole thing up. The black kids I've worked with were always delighted to teach me new handshakes and laugh as I got them terribly wrong. Stop making me empathize with Ted Cruz! It's as unnatural as that those two holding hand!
Novem5er

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm

I am gonna get killed for this but women do not know how to shake hands. I have always been told that my sturdy handshake is too powerful with women. You know I dunno. But I have a strong handshake that I typically gasp with the other hand to show even more love. Can't win to lose. Hence Cruz and the weird handshake. :shrug:
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 02, 2016 4:27 pm

^^^^ You're on your own, 82!

I think it plainly demonstrates how very incompatible they are, nothing more.
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:18 pm

Yeah nothing was meant to be misogynistic at all. Just one of my complaints was that I shake hands too hard. But she has shaken many a hand being the CEO of HP so knows how to do a handshake. Thus it could be some occluded symbolism. And no, I'm not on my own, Iam! I get everybody's backs here because I know their hearts are pure. So if I get in trouble, which I doubt I will, I'll need you and I to "enjoy the week off". . .

I have no issue other than it is strange. I was just thinking of maybe a more prosaic reason for it and throwing it out there. But could be a weird symbolic shake.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Looking at it again it could have been a struggle of who wanted to appear more dominant in the show of "unity".
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion