Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm

82_28 » 03 May 2016 15:57 wrote:Bro, that is a hella mean thing to say. No one knows! The main concern I remember is that this total shutdown of Boston was so damn quick. A test run of how easy it would be to shut down a major city. It worked. It can be done. Again, no one knows. I don't believe it and why some lame ass marathon? Marathons are stupid to begin with. But why not the entrance to Fenway Park before a game? Would have taken out far more victims than people running past on a road.

That is why the whole thing is bullshit in my view. It was a police state psy-op and the kids were framed in order to have plausible government deniability.

I forget who said it waaaaay upthread but it is not Boston Strong but rather Boston Weak.

It was a clear police state drill. Even if it wasn't, it still was.

It's not mean, it's just that I'm utterly indifferent to whatever anguish an admitted murderer might feel from spending 23 hours a day alone.

The finish line at the Marathon is the most dense target such a murderer could have chosen. It wasn't just some road. Hundreds of people were injured, legs were ripped off, three people died, and more would've died if there hadn't been paramedics right there.

As for the shutdown, it was a shelter-in-place declared just before everyone was about to go to work. People were already home. They got the day off. Big fucking deal. A five-star GTA rampage had just happened and one of the guys who had just indiscriminately killed civilians and who had just led cops on a chase through the area was still on the loose somewhere and could've escaped in the morning rush hour. The shutdown lasted one day. The guy was caught. Some people had cops knock on their doors and yell at them. If it had been some psycho neo-Nazi on the loose in your city, what would you have wanted done? Would you have complained about a shelter-in-place given the same circumstances? Probably not. The whole situation might still be fishy, there might still be way more to the story than reported, but if the shutdown was the nefarious goal then I'd say the whole thing was a failure, because the shutdown was a totally reasonable choice, and I'd hope for the same exact thing given the same set of events in the future. People having a shitfit over it are operating from confirmation bias, i.e., they (you, and others here) are expecting a rights-violating police-state-normalizing psy op, and so that's what you see, even if it's an appropriate public safety measure you'd want for your own hometown should it ever be similarly terrorized.

As for your "Boston Weak" dig: [Insert expletives]

Part of the strength we demonstrated was the confidence to not freak out over an imagined police state descending on us, the confidence to know that it was truly only temporary, the confidence in our own proven ability to resist real tyranny. When the fuck has Denver or Seattle ever proven that about itself? Never. So, hush.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:01 pm

No I didn't come up with it and wasn't being a dick. Somebody else did and I don't remember who on this very thread. I was not my dig at all, I just thought it was funny. I'm partial because of stupid sports. Yes, stupid. I don't like teams from Boston. However the ability shut down a whole large city has been established. That was my point.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 pm

82_28 » 03 May 2016 20:01 wrote:No I didn't come up with it and wasn't being a dick. Somebody else did and I don't remember who on this very thread. I was not my dig at all, I just thought it was funny. I'm partial because of stupid sports. Yes, stupid. I don't like teams from Boston. However the ability shut down a whole large city has been established. That was my point.

April 19th 2013 was not when the shelter-in-place/lockdown concept was invented nor was it the first time it was implemented in a large city. You've heard of blizzards, right? Instead of snow and wind, it was a wannabe mass murderer. Except for the direct contact that a fraction of people had with law enforcement conducting the localized searches, an experience with plenty of precedent in major manhunts, it was no different than a snow day.
FourthBase

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Well you would definitely know better than I. It was an exceptional and successful shut down of a city/region. 1999 WTO stuff here had the police curfew a portion of the city. But not the whole thing. Anyhow, why the marathon? That is what I do not understand. I suppose because security is more lax or was more lax back then. Nothing good came from this, on this we can all agree.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 10:18 pm

82_28 » 03 May 2016 20:53 wrote:Well you would definitely know better than I. It was an exceptional and successful shut down of a city/region. 1999 WTO stuff here had the police curfew a portion of the city. But not the whole thing. Anyhow, why the marathon? That is what I do not understand. I suppose because security is more lax or was more lax back then. Nothing good came from this, on this we can all agree.

Again, there is no denser place than the finish line of the Marathon. I mean, maybe for about 5-10 minutes immediately after a Sox game Landsdowne Street might be a little denser, but the timing of that is unpredictable, whereas the finish line on Boylston is packed for hours. About as packed as the semi-annual duck boat parades we have here whenever a local team wins a championship. And yes, you suppose right, the security was way laxer, and still is almost impossible to secure relative to other sports events, because there are so many damn people, in flux, in the middle of a day when most people are working, in a place already bustling with businesses and schools and hotels and apartments. Also, backpacks had already been banned from Fenway and the Garden, so you'd see few to none of them in such a crowd, whereas at the finish line shitloads of runners, spectators, and students are lugging backpacks. Even now, the cops can only request that the public not carry backpacks in the area, with the warning that they'll be theoretically subject to a search.
FourthBase

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 04, 2016 7:17 pm

82 wrote,
Anyhow, why the marathon? That is what I do not understand.

Imo, because it was being covered live on televisions around the world.

Excerpted, Fourth Base wrote,
The whole situation might still be fishy, there might still be way more to the story than reported...

That's the puzzling part, the unknown, at least to the public.

I've been reading the thread and applaud your following Fox's involvement. That path need be trodden to learn more, yet it seems you are one of the only ones researching those connections. More please!

Those who feel it was all a set-up should allow the likely possibility Dzhokhar was also played, rather than condemn him. Of course, on the face of it he sure seems to be guilty, but who knows? We have no idea how much grooming he received. Indeed, having been shot and having seen his brother killed, he might have felt he had no choice but to plead guilty, if he wanted to stay alive, even if in a 6'x9' cell for the rest of his life.
Iamwhomiam

Postby FourthBase » Wed May 04, 2016 8:32 pm

Iamwhomiam » 04 May 2016 18:17 wrote:Excerpted, Fourth Base wrote,
The whole situation might still be fishy, there might still be way more to the story than reported...

That's the puzzling part, the unknown, at least to the public.

I've been reading the thread and applaud your following Fox's involvement. That path need be trodden to learn more, yet it seems you are one of the only ones researching those connections. More please!

You should send russ@whowhatwhy.org an email about Fox. At this point I am just becoming a disgruntled nag to him. Perhaps he would listen to you.

Those who feel it was all a set-up should allow the likely possibility Dzhokhar was also played, rather than condemn him. Of course, on the face of it he sure seems to be guilty, but who knows? We have no idea how much grooming he received. Indeed, having been shot and having seen his brother killed, he might have felt he had no choice but to plead guilty, if he wanted to stay alive, even if in a 6'x9' cell for the rest of his life.

He had no choice but to plead guilty because he seems to be so guilty that 100 out of 100 juries would have convicted him in 100 different trials.
FourthBase

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I'll send you a PM about Russ.
He had no choice but to plead guilty because he seems to be so guilty that 100 out of 100 juries would have convicted him in 100 different trials.

American Justice!

I dunno, as I see it he coulda entered a not guilty plea to the same result, so what's the difference. He coulda spilled the beans, but you know they'll have another Jack Ruby handy to make quick work of him, with only a lingering echo left for inquiring minds to ponder about.

He'll go mad in a few years. America will be avenged!
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu May 05, 2016 6:43 pm

FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 2:37 pm wrote:
MacCruiskeen » 02 May 2016 16:07 wrote:Three years on, a summary of that shameful excuse for a trial (by Russ Baker, the only investigative journalist in the USA):

April 17, 2016 | Russ Baker

The Boston Bombing Anniversary: A Legacy of Unanswered Questions

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/04/17/boston ... questions/

Headline 21 months before the jury passed its verdict

Shot by cops, tried by hacks, transparently framed by lawyers and spooks, vilified by the mob, sentenced to death, and now held incommunicado in solitary.

That pesky fly in the Dzhokar-innocence ointment...

At the trial, his government-appointed counsel stated that he was guilty, and he himself admitted his guilt, and said that he was sorry. But that is all he said. To this day he has never explained how he and his brother ever became terrorists.

...and if he ain't lying, then I could not give a billionth of a diddly shit about his suffering in solitary confinement.

Le style, c'est l'homme. What a piece of work you are.

Why Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty - Business Insider
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-dzho ... -p...Diese Seite übersetzen
07.04.2015 - Why the Boston bomber pleaded not guilty even though his lawyer told the court he did it ... dzhokhar tsarnaev court sketch boston bombing ...

Boston suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleads not guilty - BBC News
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-23264248
The Boston Marathon bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, has pleaded not guilty to setting off a pair of homemade bombs which killed three people and ...

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Is Smart to Plead Not Guilty - Boston Magazine
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/.../dzhok ... rnaev-sm...
30.01.2015 - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Is Smart to Plead Not Guilty. Why the alleged Boston Marathon bomber's plea is not as crazy as it may seem. By Susan ...

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Tsarnaev pleads not guilty to 30 ...
http://www.theguardian.com › US News › Boston Marathon bombing
10.07.2013 - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, repeatedly told a packed federal court in Boston he was "not guilty" of all counts on which he is charged. It was his first ...
Marathon bombing suspect Dzhohkar Tsarnaev pleads not guilty - The ...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/...tsarnaev.../story.ht..
10.07.2013 - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev shuffled into the courtroom, appearing confident despite the ankle ... As kin, survivors watch, Tsarnaev pleads not guilty.
Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Pleads Not Guilty ...
wzakcleveland.hellobeautiful.com/.../boston-marath...

The 19-year-old entered a not guilty plea as 30 victims of the explosion sat inside the courtroom during the hearing. Tsarnaev faces 30 federal charges and it ...
Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleads not guilty - CBS ...
http://www.cbsnews.com/.../boston-bombing-suspect-dzh...

10.07.2013 - Updated 5:28 p.m. ET. BOSTON His arm in a cast and his face swollen, a blase-looking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty Wednesday in ...
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Convicted Of Boston Marathon Bombing
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../dzhok ... aev-guil...
08.04.2015 - Though Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty, the trial began March 4 with defense lawyer Judy Clarke's blunt admission [sic!!] that Tsarnaev and his older ...

Boston bomb suspect pleads not guilty - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/.../boston-bombing-case/
11.07.2013 - Boston Marathon bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev faced survivors of that attack Wednesday as he pleaded not guilty.

Trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Trial_of_D ... ar...Diese Seite übersetzen
The trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev for the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15, 2013, began on ... He pleaded not guilty to all 30 counts against him, which included using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death.

https://www.google.de/search?q=dzhokar+ ... not+guilty

Did you even bother to read Russ Baker's article, the one I linked to in the post above (the one you pretend to be replying to)? Yes, you did. And then you went out of your way to quote a single line out of context from the following passage:

We were told that law enforcement had identified the perpetrators, who had acted entirely on their own. The surviving brother was eventually put on trial, convicted, and sentenced to death.

At the trial, his government-appointed counsel stated that he was guilty, and he himself admitted his guilt, and said that he was sorry. But that is all he said. To this day he has never explained how he and his brother ever became terrorists.

He couldn’t tell us if he wanted to. Since his arrest he’s been held under unusual Special Administrative Measures (SAMs), which prevent him from communicating with the outside world. Strikingly, SAMs have also been imposed on his attorneys. The government maintains that SAMs are necessary to prevent prisoners from inciting others to commit acts of terrorism.

But what others? The FBI insists the two brothers were lone wolves, unconnected to any larger network.

Family members say they were told to keep their mouths shut. And they were warned not to challenge the credibility of the investigation or the prosecution.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s silence suggests that he, too, was told that worse would come if he were to explain what actually happened, and why. That is, if he even knows.

[...]

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/04/17/boston ... questions/

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's rambling, incoherent, last-second "admission of guilt" was nothing more than a desperate (and strikingly uninformative) attempt to save his own life after his disgraceful "defense team" had thrown him to the wolves.

You wonder that Russ Baker stopped responding to your emails? I wonder that he replied to you even once, and politely too.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby FourthBase » Thu May 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Oh right, my mistake, he pleaded not guilty. And his defense team disputed almost nothing. So instead of a plea deal because 100/100 times he would've been found guilty, it was 1/100 of those 100/100 times and he actually was found guilty.

The SAMs imposed aren't really all that surprising or shocking or striking. His family didn't keep their mouths shut. Baker's interpretation of Dzhokhar's silence is just what he thinks it suggests.

Baker shrugged off as inconsequential the identity of the person who advised Meng and hooked Meng up with the "protective care" team (or, handlers) Moskowitz and Fox. And you agree with that shrugging off? Really?
FourthBase

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu May 05, 2016 8:55 pm

[82_28 » 03 May 2016 15:57 wrote:
Bro, that is a hella mean thing to say. No one knows! The main concern I remember is that this total shutdown of Boston was so damn quick. A test run of how easy it would be to shut down a major city. It worked. It can be done. Again, no one knows. I don't believe it and why some lame ass marathon? Marathons are stupid to begin with. But why not the entrance to Fenway Park before a game? Would have taken out far more victims than people running past on a road.

That is why the whole thing is bullshit in my view. It was a police state psy-op and the kids were framed in order to have plausible government deniability.

I forget who said it waaaaay upthread but it is not Boston Strong but rather Boston Weak.

It was a clear police state drill. Even if it wasn't, it still was.

82, wutch you hating on marathons like that for? I'm not huge into running any longer, and think marathons are a bit too long. But I know a lot of serious marathon runners and they are pretty cool people. The general disdain for sports on RI to over the top. Running is one of the least competitive sports there is.

Now back to the guilty guy....

This whole thing is such a mess. Another instance of dirty secrets, lies and the guilty guy probably being duped and or played for motives unknown now nor will we ever. I think Fourth Base has every right to feel how he does about Boston and what went down. He loves his city and were people killed and or mangled. Nothing wrong with passion even if he now and then steps on some toes because he feels more visceral about it. It's all good and he IS trying to have legit conversations here. Hope that doesn't come off as white knightish.

Anyhow, ya, it was an international event televised live with some great participants that were not Americans. Outside of Boston everybody dislikes the Red Sox, myself included. Sorry FB. Lol :basicsmile Regular season simply doesn't have enough sizzle for a game played almost daily for 5 months.
Karmamatterz

Postby 82_28 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:32 pm

I am a rebel, except I am not. I hate marathons because I hated being timed by someone. Hated being asked to perform up to standards. So I would just walk the mile while everyone else would run in order to appease the overlords. I just didn't give a shit. But yeah I think marathons are dumb, that's why I said that. No offense to those who "enjoy" them.
82_28

Postby FourthBase » Thu May 05, 2016 10:16 pm

MacCruiskeen, you're also not interested in Meng's family, what they do, who they are, how much money they have and why? If you are interested, you should email Baker at the email I posted. Maybe he'll respect you more and finally give a shit.
FourthBase

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 am

FourthBase wrote:MacCruiskeen, you're also not interested in Meng's family, what they do, who they are, how much money they have and why? If you are interested, you should email Baker at the email I posted. Maybe he'll respect you more and finally give a shit.

Look, FB, there are a million fishy things about this case. In fact there is practically nothing about it that is not very fishy indeed. It stinks, all of it. The whole case is rotten, it reeks of corruption. The boy was clearly framed by the FBI, his brother was clearly murdered by the cops, and his family and friends have clearly been intimidated into silence when they haven't actually been deported (Sippenhaft redux).

I don't think I have ever seen a more obvious frame-up anywhere in recent decades, and god knows that's saying something. And I'm not going to re-post the evidence that is already plentifully available in this marathon thread. (Anyone in a hurry should just read Russ Baker's summary at WhoWhatWhy)

Maybe Meng's family is fishy too, wouldn't surprise me in the least. [Takes a look: Yes, looks fishy.] But it is at best a minor and marginal side-note to what is already a blatantly obvious and extremely brutal miscarriage of justice. So why obsess over Meng's family? Especially when you have made such a point, throughout this thread, of cackling and sniggering at the fact that the surviving teenage framee has been rotting in solitary on Death Row for three years already and will probably (ROTFLMAO!!!) go insane there over the course of the next few decades.

The kindest thing I can call your style and manner throughout this thread is adolescent; in fact I find it repulsive, and if you addressed Russ Baker in that facetiously pseudo-tough manner, then I am not surprised that he tired of the correspondence very quickly. He is an adult, he is busy, and he has serious things to attend to seriously.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby 82_28 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:14 am

Say, FB and I am definitely not needling you. But what possesses someone to even go to a marathon as a spectator? It makes no sense. You don't get to see shit, just a brief moment of thousands of people running past you that you don't know. Why does anyone care? I'm dense and what Mac said 100%. Not an argument, but it is fishy -- all of it. I don't buy it because it was far too easy to narrow it down to two kids within hours, kill one and in turn imprison another one basically all sight unseen whilst making tens of thousands around cower for some threat that is quite clearly a magnified psy-op.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion