The Brexit thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Brexit thread

Postby slimmouse » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:33 pm

American Dream » 09 Jul 2016 22:29 wrote:Subjectivism is not at all the same as owning your subjectivity.

I'll drink to that .:coolshades
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby American Dream » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:39 pm

I'll pass.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:16 am

Why Brexit is a victory for racism

While the 52-48 margin of victory for Britain’s exit from the European Union has been framed by some leftists, like Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein, as a “wake-up call to the EU,” Brexit’s success is largely due to fear of immigrants. In 2015, the UK accepted 330,000 new immigrants, just 3,000 new immigrants shy of its all-time record. Even when subtracting the number of expatriates who left the UK in 2015, the British population still increased by 184,000 last year.

Brexit became a direct temperature reading of how Britons felt about the growing diversity of their country’s population. Polls conducted after the Brexit vote showed that 81 percent of those who felt that multiculturalism was a “force for ill” voted to leave the EU. with 80 percent registering the same sentiment for immigration. However, 71 percent of citizens who felt multiculturalism was a “force for good” voted Remain, along with 79 percent who saw immigration as a force for good.

As the below chart from Lord Ashcroft Polls (run by the former Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party) illustrates, Brexit supporters also feel social liberalism and feminism are forces for ill, with Remain voters viewing these movements as mostly beneficial.

Meanwhile, opinions on globalization were far more mixed within each camp and opinions on capitalism were nearly dead even on both sides, showing a weaker correlation between economic viewpoint and voting preference in the referendum. This suggests that the number of UK citizens who voted to leave the EU out of disdain for neoliberal economic policies is negligible, and that the Leave voting bloc is heavily conservative on nearly every social issue:

http://usuncut.com/world/reject-brexit-and-eu/
American Dream

Postby zangtang » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:58 pm

i don't , and never have engaged with you for a fucking reason

- you shit on everything on this site, thread irrespective..................

I strongly suspect that you know absolutely nothing - by which i mean......IGNORANT CUNTING NOTHING.............
about Brexit and its multiplicitous complications.......for the future of my country and my people. - my terminology is probly
both too racist and too sexist for you, - but then why don't you go fuck yourself?

In my considered opinion, you and your sanctimonious faggot horseshit have done more damage to the this board and its membership than
any other single factor, human or otherwise.......................

now are we both on the same fucking page ? - you don't know what you're talking about......now shut up and/or fuck off, preferably both......

GOT THE MESSAGE?
zangtang

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:46 pm

zangtang » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:i don't , and never have engaged with you for a fucking reason

- you shit on everything on this site, thread irrespective..................

I strongly suspect that you know absolutely nothing - by which i mean......IGNORANT CUNTING NOTHING.............
about Brexit and its multiplicitous complications.......for the future of my country and my people. - my terminology is probly
both too racist and too sexist for you, - but then why don't you go fuck yourself?

In my considered opinion, you and your sanctimonious faggot horseshit have done more damage to the this board and its membership than
any other single factor, human or otherwise.......................

now are we both on the same fucking page ? - you don't know what you're talking about......now shut up and/or fuck off, preferably both......

GOT THE MESSAGE?

I don't know what you're suffering through but you really do need to stop your negative behavior.

Do you have support and help where you are?

zangtang » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 am wrote:NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME,.....ad - WHO MAY ACTUALLY BE A FUCKINGING SJW AUTO BOT - GOT THE CUNTING MESSAGE, BOYO?

- don't make me come down therer - got the messsgage ?

better bring your yuuur machete - msg rcvd and uuuunnerstoood/

Zangt fucking tang - got it ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
American Dream

Postby coffin_dodger » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Try not to rise to the bait, Zang - AD feeds on appearing the victim in all these threads that he spreads hate in.

You are quite correct that he knows nothing about the multitude of motives, but it presents an excellent opportunity for him to mass paste the banal, never changing shite that less than 1% of the extremist left indulge in to make themselves feel justified - smearing the majority of the UK population as searing racists. You should view it is as the joke it is has become.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:39 pm

zantang, you need to take some time away from RI. Really, you do.

And I'm surprised coffin_dodger has given you a pass, as though your remarks weren't hateful and vulgar. Shame on you, coffin_dodger.
Iamwhomiam

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:03 pm

^^Seconded. Take a break, enjoy life. Lately you've become extremely incoherent and rambling in your posts.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Nordic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Zangtang needs to quit drinking first and foremost.

Zang, in another thread you said you isn't want to do that again. Yet here you are.

Good luck.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby semper occultus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:20 pm

......we're living through some very weird and stressful times my friend but lets not take it out on each other too much...

The constant gardener

The novelist Paul Kingsnorth on Anglophobia, voting Leave and teaching his children to live off the land.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/06/constant-gardener

semper occultus

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:08 pm

A very smart man.
Iamwhomiam

Postby zangtang » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:33 pm

i was gonna read that - but then i knew i remembered his name - he is the dark mountain guy - mebe i'll have to revisit what he and his tribe are saying......

- if its a guy mcpherson vibe tho, i shall dismiss it, not out of hand, but because i choose a different attitude (consciously, hopefully) - I have actually
(by which i mean ACTUALLY) imbibed, & come close to living, the mcpherson 'attitude'........it is not a survivable gambit (perhaps therein the largest and most final joke of all)........

Apart from that, your comments are considered as always, but you know full well that I don't seem to ever take a break from here.........
for the same reasons that you don't....... - this has become as much an addiction as it has a community........
- How, though, you are all managing to get thru this (it hasn't even started yet, & i believe that you all know that...........)
without suitably crippling levels of alcohol, - i don't know......you cannot all possibly be on the straight & narrow...........
- speaking of straight and narrow - i think that if you revisit it, you'll find my 8 lines on AD possibly the most cogent shit i've written since i've been here -
and I've been here since we started doing this in the 'comments' section.
- I am not convinced its a human being.......
you never know - Soros or somesuch cunthood could always be beta-testing their down-range drone faggots..................

- I do hope you like the way i paid it the respect it doesn't deserve.............
yeah, - utter contempt.
zangtang

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:57 pm

You seem like one of those people who find it real hard to stop, even though you are hurting yourself.

I hope you sober up and seriously improve your situation instead of continuing to make the same mistakes.
American Dream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:44 pm

For zangtang:
Iamwhomiam

Postby SonicG » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Didn't realize homophobic comments were cool here...I blocked the guy but that is really in poor taste...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion