What's Happening? It? (TRIGGERS UPON TRIGGERS)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What's Happening? It?

Postby slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:10 am

coffin_dodger » 10 Nov 2016 06:49 wrote:Slomo:
The whole reason I joined this forum long ago was because of the intersection of politics and esoteric information ("occult" for lack of a better term)

Ditto. I got sucked into the politics side far more than I like.
You can believe this or not - a year ago I created a 16-part sigil that covered many aspects of my desires (non-sexual) and hung it on the wall. It's without doubt my most personally aesthetic painting. I glance at it every day as I walk by.
Within 3 months of creation and display, the last person in the world that I would have expected to give my family a significant amount of money, did.
A truly unbelievable outcome that came from nowhere. There are other - but very personal - changes that have occured since its creation.
I await, with wonderous trepidation, what it will deliver next.

Yeah, I'm an aficionado of choas magick. Its theoretical underpinnings, anyway. I don't apply it very often (because it can have unintended consequences) but when I do, there is no denying that it works.
slomo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:11 am

coffin_dodger » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:49 am wrote:Slomo:
The whole reason I joined this forum long ago was because of the intersection of politics and esoteric information ("occult" for lack of a better term)

Ditto. I got sucked into the politics side far more than I like.
You can believe this or not - a year ago I created a 16-part sigil that covered many aspects of my desires (non-sexual) and hung it on the wall. It's without doubt my most personally aesthetic painting. I glance at it every day as I walk by.
Within 3 months of creation and display, the last person in the world that I would have expected to give my family a significant amount of money, did.
A truly unbelievable outcome that came from nowhere. There are other - but very personal - changes that have occured since its creation.
I await, with wonderous trepidation, what it will deliver next.

SLAD bumped up the thread on Austin Osman Spare's method of sigil magic (but the thread offers Spare in conjunction with Icke alas).

Spare's The Book of Pleasure (Self-Love) The Psychology of Ecstasy (London 1913) provides the most concise and useful magical formula on pages 50 and 51 - Sigils Belief with Protection Magical Obsession. The two pages describe how to formulate and charge a sigil. The key point is that once the desire is transformed into a sigil by the method, the next step is to annul all consciousness of the desire itself except the sigil, the manufactured glyph, itself. The sigil protects the consciousness from the obsession.
PufPuf93

Postby slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:14 am

PufPuf93 » 10 Nov 2016 06:58 wrote:Most financial models are based upon a normal distribution of price movements. The problem is that prices do not occur in a normal distribution but in a fractal distribution that looks like a normal distribution but has long chaotic tails. What is sure and can be predicted is that the extreme events, however rare, will occur. Because of the linkages of the markets, the extreme events will cascade through the system. The fact that most financial transactions occur in automated trading programs searching out arbitrage for a minor but near certain margin magnifies this flaw in the markets (and IMHO some parties take advantage of this obscure knowledge).

I don't know that that's true. Maybe legacy systems, but combing the literature (and also based on what I know about people in my social network) there has been at least a longstanding interest in nonparametric/heteroskedastic models. Not that those are helpful in addressing black swan events, which by definition elude any attempts to model.
slomo

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:26 am

slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:14 am wrote:
PufPuf93 » 10 Nov 2016 06:58 wrote:Most financial models are based upon a normal distribution of price movements. The problem is that prices do not occur in a normal distribution but in a fractal distribution that looks like a normal distribution but has long chaotic tails. What is sure and can be predicted is that the extreme events, however rare, will occur. Because of the linkages of the markets, the extreme events will cascade through the system. The fact that most financial transactions occur in automated trading programs searching out arbitrage for a minor but near certain margin magnifies this flaw in the markets (and IMHO some parties take advantage of this obscure knowledge).

I don't know that that's true. Maybe legacy systems, but combing the literature (and also based on what I know about people in my social network) there has been at least a longstanding interest in nonparametric/heteroskedastic models. Not that those are helpful in addressing black swan events, which by definition elude any attempts to model.

I was referring to Black-Scholes and similar alternative option pricing theories that model one-sided contracts, are imbedded in dynamic optimization models, and indirectly address the heteroskedastic.

I am old and dated so legacy system may be so
PufPuf93

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:39 am

smiths » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 pm wrote:posted for a bit of humour

North Magnetic Pole Is Shifting Rapidly Toward Russia

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/n ... _pole.html

JackRiddler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm wrote:Hmmm, although the "Global Reset" stuff is turning out to be bullshit, what a surprise, I have to say July had a pretty dramatic result.

Oh thank god, a worthy enemy! No more of this penny-ante Osama nonsense!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38261&p=547473&hilit=black+swan#p547473
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby NaturalMystik » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 am

slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:50 am wrote:Pepe the Frog is, in fact, the modern-day avatar of an ancient Egyptian deity accidentally resurrected by online imageboard culture.

Pretty interesting read. I'm not super familiar with sigil magick. Significant times indeed, to bring out a long forgotten sleeping Egyptian deity that supposedly arrives before 'the light'.

Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:51 am

semper occultus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 pm wrote:...just re-reading The Sirius Mystery...forgotten just what a stunning read it is.....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38261&hilit=black+swan&start=45

Shoaling.
Think of it like birds flocking but with a few key differences.
Firstly, the aerodynamic (in this case hydrodynamic) advantages aren’t as great.
That’s because fish ‘shoal’ when they aren’t heading somewhere, and ‘school’ when they are. Schooling gives a hydrodynamic advantage.
You guys all know I used to work for Discovery Channel, right?
This post will make a whole lot more sense if you know that. I’m not a fish nerd… I was paid to be a fish nerd. Big difference. (Also I am a bit of a fish nerd.)
Anyway, fish ‘shoal’ for some obvious reasons:
To protect against predation.
To indicate where there is food.
To raise young.

http://runesoup.com/2010/06/shoaling-ma ... ince-2010/
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:02 pm

We had some interesting kek hypersigil discussions back on like page 159 of the Trump is Seriously Dangerous thread, and peppered around other threads. Not very high-level but some interesting input.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:26 pm

NaturalMystik » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:50 am wrote:
slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:50 am wrote:Pepe the Frog is, in fact, the modern-day avatar of an ancient Egyptian deity accidentally resurrected by online imageboard culture.

Pretty interesting read. I'm not super familiar with sigil magick. Significant times indeed, to bring out a long forgotten sleeping Egyptian deity that supposedly arrives before 'the light'.

Melania from French Slovenia comes to America and ultimately celebrates with Pepe Trump with a special appearance by Christie in mouse ears.

PufPuf93

Postby dada » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Magic is a consumer product. Branding a natural process, watering it down, repackaging it and selling it back to yourself. There's nothing mystical about it. It's another game consumers play. You can grow out of it. Successful 'magicians' do. Failed magicians don't. I guess it all depends on what you're trying to do.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby guruilla » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:50 pm

@slomo: the KEK stuff is more than intriguing; I don't understand the stuff about digits, “dubs”, “trips”, “quads”, and so on. But the rest I can follow. Normally my eyes glaze over when it comes to "synchromystical" analyses, but I think this is addressing something a little different.The interface between consciousness, technology, and what we think of as reality, what gods are and how they are "made," methods for social engineering that,as I think you're pointing out in your lament about old RI, are more or less anathema when it comes to talking politics at this site. There's not much of an allowed continuum, either people are talking about weird metaphysical stuff, or they are talking politics, complete with ideological agendas; it's pretty weird, because it's not as simple as different people with different interests. It's like compartmentalization of awareness. Apply some of these "magickal" interpretations to social questions and all of a sudden you're crazy, stupid, or psychopathic. How does that work exactly?

Anyway, side topic; the frog thing requires & merits a lot deeper analysis IMO. It also overlaps with what I've been trying to thrash out with the Kubrickon project (on hold): how the internet was designed to develop means & methods to attain sentience. This is something I talked about recently, in relation to social media, including message boards & forums, obviously.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks, guruilla, I found it strangely compelling as well. And your comment reminds me of blogger Ran Prieur's initial reaction to the election results:

But I have a new grand conspiracy theory (thanks to marijuana, which won big in this election). Did you ever get in a totally baffling conflict, and years later you looked back and discovered a subconscious level on which it all made sense? So there's an example of one single link where the subconscious mind is in control and the conscious mind is just along for the ride. What if these links can form networks? What if they form a global subconscious civilization that is secretly running everything? Never mind the Reptilians -- the enemy is within.
Last edited by slomo on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slomo

Postby slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 pm

guruilla » 10 Nov 2016 18:50 wrote:There's not much of an allowed continuum, either people are talking about weird metaphysical stuff, or they are talking politics, complete with ideological agendas; it's pretty weird, because it's not as simple as different people with different interests. It's like compartmentalization of awareness.

What's also pretty weird is that this compartmentalization is the exact opposite of the approach taken in Jeff Wells' original material, what made Jeff unique as a blogger.
slomo

Postby Freitag » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 pm

slomo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:50 am wrote:Here is some compelling data on the intersection of politics and chaos magick, timely in light of Trump's victory. Note that it seems to have been written before the election:

The Truth about Pepe the Frog and the Cult of Kek

I’ll cut right to the chase:

Pepe the Frog isn’t a white nationalist symbol.

Pepe the Frog isn’t a harmless meme propagated by teenagers on the internet.

Pepe the Frog is, in fact, the modern-day avatar of an ancient Egyptian deity accidentally resurrected by online imageboard culture.

Does that sound like the most b@tsh#t crazy thing you’ve ever heard?

Strap in, friendo. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

Read it with an open mind.

Oh hell yes. I was drawn in by the frog too. Not at first. But I'm telling you, the damn thing had a life of its own somehow. It was the focus of large amounts of human energy and attention, charging it. It doesn't matter if it's silly.

For example this meme blew my mind when it was posted shortly before the election, with Clinton given >95% chance of winning:

It sounds crazy but the damn thing had power. It just lit me up somehow, and I knew it was true. I knew Trump would win. Everything related to Trump and his supporters vibrated with energy. Massive rallies. Massive enthusiasm, while Clinton could barely fill a room.

Anyway - I'm glad I wandered into this thread because the Magick stuff is right in line with my current reading material (Colin Wilson's The Occult) and general frame of mind.
Freitag

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:24 am

That's an interesting book, Freitag.

Do you know what else is a powerful image charged with lots of human attention and energy?

The artwork in the header of this message board.
tapitsbo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion