Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:11 pm

^^^^ :clapping: :tiphat:
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

had me in actual tears of laughter

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 pm

maco144 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am wrote:I was drunk posting last night and I owned myself pretty good by posting that video. Just searched flat earth and horizon and posted link to first one I saw without examining. I have a few reasons/explanations for that video but none are satisfying myself completely yet so I need to think on them a bit more.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 pm

maco144 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:47 pm wrote:Condemnation before investigation is the height of ignorance.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:31 pm

maco144 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:00 pm wrote:Here's to 8 years of SLAD bumping this with inane editorials.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby dada » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:09 pm wrote:I really think I'm done caring about America, even abstractly. It's just time to monetize this bottomless ocean of stupid.

zenchoiconsize1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:41 pm

stillrobertpaulsen wrote:Trump and Blackwater both have an abiding interest in massive privatization, macho bullshit, and heavy-duty corruption, among other things.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Project Willow » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 am wrote:The violence of "liberals" I find quite disturbing, but not surprising.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/man-shot-during-uw-event-for-milo-yiannopoulos/486520649

People, Milo has different political views than you, you are not "liberal" if you do not allow him to speak.

How quickly ideals collapse when perceived survival is at stake. Here we see in real time how societies degenerate into authoritarianism. It comes from all sides, motivated by blind fear.

I posted this on FB tonight. It feels strange. I've always been eager to protest, and I do indeed hope to see a massive turnout tomorrow, but I cannot bring myself to participate. Not this time.

I marched against the WTO in 1999, and the Iraq war in 2003, but my pussy and clit hats are staying home with me tomorrow. If there were a march against elite trafficking (among all political persuasions) and US human experimentation, I’d be there. If there were a march against the Deep State, I’d be there. If there were a march against (domestic!) election rigging, I’d be there. If there were a march against US imperialism, neoliberalism, 8 years of war under Obama, I’d be there. Yet none of these issues seem to have mattered much to the vast majority of people who are gathering tomorrow. It doesn’t sit right with me to be crying foul when the crimes of the US state have been ongoing all this time, with the people who were paid with tax money to torture me still free and operating, to suddenly take to the streets in outrage.

There is also a growing authoritarianism among liberals that in some cases is matching the blind rage and violence of the extreme right. I’ve watched a steady stream of scapegoating vitriol, driven by fear and sculpted by mainstream propaganda, directed towards people like me. I’ve received private messages asking me to take down articles I’ve shared, accusing me of supporting the US’s perceived enemies. I fear that if I raised my voice in the crowd about the truth of my own experience and my views about our country, I could not be certain of my safety.

My war is not with struggling citizens who, in misguided rebellion, voted for Trump. I do not accept that the majority of them were driven by hatred. My war is not with one figurehead, however sociopathic. Sociopaths wear many faces, sometimes they wear calm, clever, caring masks. Sometimes they carry the banner of feminism. I understand the fear of being governed by a sociopath. I grew up with them, at home, and in the labs. It is terrifying, but fear renders you ripe for manipulation and vulnerable to all number of behavioral and strategic blunders. If there were a march against succumbing to fear, I’d be there.

My protest is against those who pull the wool over the people’s eyes, through kindly seeming figureheads and media manipulation, who keep us falsely divided and hateful towards each other, so our anger never reaches the real centers of power. If and when there is a great awakening, and the outrage is focused not on figureheads, or the symbols of our problems, but the entirety of the system, nudge me, and I will join you in the streets.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:59 pm wrote:
Edit: per the notion SLAD runs some Irish terror regime that intimidates everyone into silence, well, I am skeptical on that front
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:19 pm wrote:Expect more and more of this dismal stuff, day in day out, for years. Full Spectacle Dominance.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 am

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:48 am wrote:I am grateful that RI remains the kind of locale where obviously false media narratives about Trump can be laughed about & dissected without anyone misconstruing our shop talk as support for Trump.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby elfismiles » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Luther Blissett » 27 Jan 2017 20:14 wrote:
Like they weren't even creatively skilled enough to isolate it with a selection tool and transform it by 20%.

No wonder why these people are sad / scared of the witchcraft that is art.

It must be devil power.

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby MinM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby hanshan » Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 am

Elihu » 29 May 2017 05:38 wrote:
So if Trump were murdering your pals Duterte style, you
might not worry about it per se?

the slanderer-in-chief. your subtlety at misdirection
is masterful. for the record some of us, and i
don't think sounder
would think me wrong for including him in this
group, are contemplating a world where political
murder has come to an end, not converting people
over to your pious side of getting the job done.
what a capitalist pig you are. always thinking
about your job security.

hanshan

Postby hanshan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:56 am

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39811&p=640422#p640422

AhabsOtherLeg

Clearly I mistook blatant disdain
and mockery for love and respect again,
like in my first marriage.

hanshan

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm

brekin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:18 pm wrote: Categorical thinking obliterates nuance.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie