The Rise of Bigot America Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Rise of Bigot America Thread

Postby Sounder » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:22 am

slomo wrote...
An uptick in hate crimes would not surprise me in the least. In fact, it's one of the main things I fear in the next (say) 6-12 months.

However, in all of the hand-wringing about Trump's victory, I've noticed a few things in mainstream news articles, i.e. the tendency to malign certain groups with which I happen to be reasonably well acquainted (online). One example is the GamerGate. Almost always in these articles, "GamerGater" is used as a smear, kind of a synonym for "basement-dwelling neckbeard". My experience of these folks on Reddit is quite different. Whether or not you agree with their stances (e.g. many of them are Trump supporters, and I am not), the culture is totally mischaracterized. My experience - and my reason for tuning in on Reddit - is that their major issues are around ethical abuses in the media, and whatever "misogyny" exists is limited to countering ridiculous feminist (or whatever) demands on the gaming industry (e.g. the contradiction that exists between wanting "more female villains" and then decrying "violence against women" when the female villains are delivered, or else criticizing the "unrealistic" T&A aesthetic of female characters while totally ignoring the fact that almost every male character is unrealistically ripped).

The disconnect between my experience and the media characterization makes me wonder what else is being spun.

The media covers their own hate by turning critics of their coverage into haters. Amplify the noise, hear no signal.

joe riffed on a post by d&c, that I need to go back and find to put a gold star on, where it is shown that when hate crimes are not prosecuted, the larger public does even more targeting of minorities.

My response here was originally intended to speak to an earlier post by dada where he spoke up for SJW.

All people of good conscience are SJW, in the non- pejorative sense.

Many do what they can, in small ways without calling attention to themselves or asking for rewards for their good deeds. Others like Cesar Chavez, Harriet Tubman, MLK successfully attached a justice element to the larger narrative and achieved broad gains for social justice.

An analogy can be made with preachers and the religious world. Some people become preachers for status and less than honorable purposes. Some like Miester Echart do good work within their context while many others use the position for selfish purposes.

Likewise some people try to show that they are of ‘good’ conscience by aping the rhetoric without really caring or in fact becoming rather uncaring because sub-consciously they know they live a lie.

Form without substance is what grates on the nerves.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Belligerent Savant » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:28 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 pm wrote:
Next 8bit wrote,
There's been a lot of violence against Trump supporters too, which makes me think there is a hidden power that wants to see both sides go nuts.

Please provide some evidence of your claim, or please retract it as untruthful.

You must have missed my postings on page 1 of this thread:

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am wrote:.

There is also THIS as well that should be considered as part of the overall conversation on this topic:

Ever wonder why that first video was booted? Two were of the same incident, from different views, which proves nothing as to motive or whether it was unprovoked. There is no confirmation from the assaulted fellow that he was in fact a Trump supporter, noe whatsoever. Did the white driver shout some racial epithets before being accosted?

Same thing about the uptown subway guy, unprovable allegations. Or the Trump supporter handing out Trump brochures at a polling place, did she pepper spray the guy before he allegedly knocked her down? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested?

Tell me, how many women do you know that would be able to reach into their purse to get their pepper spray, after being knocked down, while a man is on top of her, punching her? Could it be true that it occurred as claimed? And you don't think it odd that he was not arrested? Of course we all know how honest some Trump supporters are. Far be it for any to lie.

Two others were high school altercations, and one was a sort of bar fight.
Clearly, it is not a simple one-sided situation we're dealing with.

So, why does it seem you're trying to make it a one-sided situation, posting all those videos showing black violence against whites?

I asked for evidence of rampant violence against Trump supporters, not a few biased videos.

Part of your reply is wrongly attributed to me -- you'll want to correct that.

I am reading a number of presumptions in your response that I didn't see applied for the other incidents referenced here.

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

Have these people become racist now because Trump is president-elect (or conversely, because Hillary isn't), or are these traits already inherent in these humans looking for outlets now to justify sentiments long-held? How much of a role has the media played in fanning these flames of hatred, which some of you are now posting here as virtual amplifiers, seemingly free of any context and/or realization that you're contributing to the rabble?

The links I posted -- temporarily participating in the LINK-GASMS going on here of late Re: this "election" -- were part of a larger point: there are crappy humans out there looking for excuses to express fundamentally flawed thinking; there are also humans out there that are prone to manipulation by various forms of media, exacerbating festering, diseased mindsets. This is NOT a recent phenomenon, not by a longshot.

This shit speaks to an ingrained long-term problem inherent within a portion of the population well beyond any influence by TRUMP. To imply along such lines is lazy, facile thinking (regardless of TRUMP's skilled trolling manipulation of said diseased brains).

There are myriad factors at play here, many long-running.

TRUMP's election may be part of an unconscious collective expression manifesting itself RIGHT NOW in this zeitgeist as part of a necessary cleansing process; eventually, our demons shall be exorcised. Or not.

Another, less optimistic thought: human flaws -- such as RACISM -- are destined to repeat throughout the lifespan of the species regardless of attempts to curtail them, barring a sudden evolution of mind or intrusion by an exterior force/alien race.

Fanciful thoughts aside -- and in short: there is no "RISE" of Bigotry in America. It was here at America's birth; it'll be here at its death.

Sorry for again quoting a long conversation, but I don't want to again be wrongly accused of improper attribution.

I quoted your comment in its entirety, here, on page 5: http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=621841#p621841 So what did I misattribute to you? If i actually did, please point it out for me so I can correct my error.

I am reading a number of presumptions in your response that I didn't see applied for the other incidents referenced here.

I usually engage with one person on a board at a time and not several, Yours was the first video I viewed, and the rap moonman bit I don't want in my head any more than the others you posted that I did watch. So what if I took no issue with another, I'm addressing you and notice you haven't answered my questions. I will do my best to answer yours.

Have these people become racist now because Trump is president-elect (or conversely, because Hillary isn't), or are these traits already inherent in these humans looking for outlets now to justify sentiments long-held?

Racism is a learned behavior. As I wrote to Robert, I felt 'emerging' the better term, although his chosen 'Rise' is also accurate, as one I believe to be racist now soon will hold the most powerful office of all. Racism isn't a trait, it is an abominational display of atrocious learned behavior meant to divide people rather than form a community working together to solve problems.

How much of a role has the media played in fanning these flames of hatred, which some of you are now posting here as virtual amplifiers, seemingly free of any context and/or realization that you're contributing to the rabble?
Perhaps this would be better asked to those who are posting such things. Are you asking me this question or the larger group? I would never watch or seek out a video like those you've posted, so what is your interest in continuing contributing to the rabble?

The links I posted -- temporarily participating in the LINK-GASMS going on here of late Re: this "election" -- were part of a larger point: there are crappy humans out there looking for excuses to express fundamentally flawed thinking; there are also humans out there that are prone to manipulation by various forms of media, exacerbating festering, diseased mindsets. This is NOT a recent phenomenon, not by a longshot.

Yes, I agree. But why post only videos showing out of context black violence against whites, when the white majority's historical racist violence against blacks is epic and ever-growing? Tell me, what message are you sending?

btw, we are all susceptible to media manipulation, regardless of the health of our mind.

In stating this,
"This shit speaks to an ingrained long-term problem inherent within a portion of the population well beyond any influence by TRUMP. " it seems to me to be in conflict with your thesis, that media influences. Of course many people, certainly many more white than black, were deeply influenced by Trump.

But it is a good thing many of his voters are ignorant. After all, once they realize he's filled his cabinet with beltway insiders, that he has totally fooled them into believing he would be different, they will go nuts. Maybe that's the point of his election - to set the wheels in motion once again, to finally eradicate any remaining vestige of FDR's New Deal policies.

I can imagine a future joke told by aliens about how foolish the Earthlings were who once inhabited the now dead planet they had long ago called the 'garden of the universe' and how their world ended with a tweet.

Peace.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Searcher08 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:21 pm wrote:
slomo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:34 pm wrote:
Nordic » 04 Dec 2016 12:26 wrote:It's my understanding that the "SJW" term itself was self-given by these internet bullies who are, indeed, sullying very words themselves.

It's a shame because, as Joe points out, a "social justice warrior" should be a good thing.

But that's how our society works. Right now I refuse to be labeled a "liberal" because our fucked-up society has decided that Democrats, who are currently quite fascist, are still "liberals". Hillary the "liberal".

:shock:

Fuck that shit.

I dont have a label any more. I have no idea what to call myself. (I know several of you would like to call me all kinds of names but that's not what I'm talking about)

It's best not to label oneself, because all labels are corruptible.

The term SJW should mean something good, but it doesn't. It means pedantic, academic attention to the minutiae of identity politics, instead of a true viewing of other individuals (white/brown/black, male/female, homosexual/heterosexual, etc.) principally as human beings deserving of dignity. I've seen close-up several implementations of "diversity" efforts, and even though some (not all) of the individuals involved have good intentions, the effect of these efforts is to sow more division and alienation.

Werd
Martin Luther King jr is a racist by SJW logic because he actually preached 'color blindness'. SJWs see 'color blindness' as racism. Fundamentalist Identifarians.

Starting around the 1980s it became a fun thing for white people to say "I don't see color" while the War on Drugs was disproportionately targeting black men even though white men abused drugs at the same rates, stop and frisk laws started targeting people of color, people with non-white sounding names couldn't get a call back but would when they whitewashed their resumes, etc etc. Not seeing color admitted that you were blind to institutional plights of people of color. Since that particular lovely bit of liberalism accelerated after his death, it's not what was meant by color blindness. Social justice activists are absolutely correct in criticizing those who refuse to look at systematic racism.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby slomo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Luther Blissett » 07 Dec 2016 13:51 wrote:
Nordic » 04 Dec 2016 12:26 wrote:It's my understanding that the "SJW" term itself was self-given by these internet bullies who are, indeed, sullying very words themselves.

It's a shame because, as Joe points out, a "social justice warrior" should be a good thing.

But that's how our society works. Right now I refuse to be labeled a "liberal" because our fucked-up society has decided that Democrats, who are currently quite fascist, are still "liberals". Hillary the "liberal".

Fuck that shit.

I dont have a label any more. I have no idea what to call myself. (I know several of you would like to call me all kinds of names but that's not what I'm talking about)

The term SJW should mean something good, but it doesn't. It means pedantic, academic attention to the minutiae of identity politics, instead of a true viewing of other individuals (white/brown/black, male/female, homosexual/heterosexual, etc.) principally as human beings deserving of dignity. I've seen close-up several implementations of "diversity" efforts, and even though some (not all) of the individuals involved have good intentions, the effect of these efforts is to sow more division and alienation.

Werd
Martin Luther King jr is a racist by SJW logic because he actually preached 'color blindness'. SJWs see 'color blindness' as racism. Fundamentalist Identifarians.

Starting around the 1980s it became a fun thing for white people to say "I don't see color" while the War on Drugs was disproportionately targeting black men even though white men abused drugs at the same rates, stop and frisk laws started targeting people of color, people with non-white sounding names couldn't get a call back but would when they whitewashed their resumes, etc etc. Not seeing color admitted that you were blind to institutional plights of people of color. Since that particular lovely bit of liberalism accelerated after his death, it's not what was meant by color blindness. Social justice activists are absolutely correct in criticizing those who refuse to look at systematic racism.

This is a fair point: disparities are a real thing, and can be teased out of the statistics (although confounding by socioeconomic class does complicate matters). Structural (socioeconomic and racial) injustices are a worthy target to attack.

My beef is with the psychology, the lack of sensitivity, of some of the proposed remedies implemented on the interpersonal level, e.g. required academic and corporate diversity modules. Keeping things somewhat overly simple, there are three classes of white people: non-racist (perhaps a really small group), unintentionally-racist, and committed-to-racism. The typical diversity program beats all white people on the head with collective guilt (which may at some level be warranted) and "microagressions" (yes, I understand microagressions are a reality -- I may have experienced some of them myself as a biracial person -- but they are too subtle and complex to really address with the blunt instruments of most diversity programs I've witnessed). This has the effect of alienating the middle group, who respond to the assertion "all white people are racist no matter how hard they try not to be" with a response that roughly goes "then why should I even try to not be racist?" The extreme group will never be reached no matter how hard you try, so poorly conceived efforts just provide additional justification for their positions. Promoting color-blindness on an interpersonal level (even if it is somewhat fictional in an absolute sense) while gently reminding people of structural injustices goes a long way towards enlisting the middle group to the cause of social justice (in the true sense of the word).
slomo

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Belligerent Savant » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm wrote:.
stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:One is an indifferent, possibly cold autocrat and the other is an overheated borderline fascist. I think the fascist is more dangerous for society than the autocrat. Do you?

You say either and I say either,
You say neither and I say neither
Either, either neither, neither
Let's call the whole thing off.
You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto.
Let's call the whole thing off

You're right. I meant to write "technocrat" instead of "autocrat." My mistake. Hopefully that illuminates that there is a difference. Then again, are you really saying you don't see a difference between Obama and Trump on the subject of immigration?

Belligerent Savant » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 pm wrote:I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

Have these people become racist now because Trump is president-elect (or conversely, because Hillary isn't), or are these traits already inherent in these humans looking for outlets now to justify sentiments long-held?

I understand the point you're trying to raise, but it's kind of a strawman within the context of this thread. Nobody is suggesting (I certainly am not) that Trump is creating racists. The problem is that through running his successful campaign, Trump has created an environment where racists feel safe to act out. If it was only people who are, as you say, "crappy humans out there looking for excuses" to do that, I think it might account for some acts, but not the vast majority. I think you are severely underestimating the influence having a racist president (along with a racist attorney general) can have on racists among the general populace. Sure, there are other factors, and you are right to point out the media's role - this shit does get ratings! But I really think we're moving into uncharted dark territory here with this administration. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think it's important to document and keep our eyes open.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 pm

IAM and stillrobert:

I agree with the spirit of both of your comments. In an effort to minimize my output (to your benefit and mine), briefly: my 'online persona' -- as opposed to my more mild-mannered, charming real-world self, which no one here can attest to or verify -- tends to react in.. er, belligerent fashion to some of the frenetic activity of late regarding this admittedly turbulent (to put it euphemistically) election cycle, which in turn occasionally inspires a bit of button-pushing on my part.

stillrobertpaulsen: But I really think we're moving into uncharted dark territory here with this administration. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think it's important to document and keep our eyes open.

Indeed. We shall find out soon enough.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby 82_28 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Here's something I accidentally did as a nervous gum shoe waiting tables in my early 20s. I had a four top come in and one of the members happened to be black. But I had a hard time back then with courage going up to people. I'm not like that any more but I go to the table and I say "how are you three doing?" and then "excuse me four". I didn't even see or care the guy was black, it really was a mistake. But I beat myself up all day, all week, all of my life over that because I thought oh Jesus, he probably thought I was being racist. I was just being nervous and not good at greeting tables yet.

In a nutshell, I have been non and in fact anti racist since birth. But perceived, accidental racism really fucking sucks.

Anyway, just a little tale from when I was a young-un.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 am

seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 pm wrote:6 down 894 to go

yea it is one sided

give me 800 more examples and I'll call it even

of course Patch is gonna find one..that's what they do

OMG...a cut elbow....let me know when the police start killing white boys

The student was found with scraps on his knee and he told police he hit his head. The young man walked himself to an ambulance. Police said he went to a hospital to get checked out.

It's not clear who instigated the fight

scraps on the knee ..poor baby

white boys have always had it so very hard in this country :roll:

Blimey, more "screw them, they are white"??!!
Have you forgotten the treatment the Irish had when they first came here? As slaves? Or are they not 'white' ?
Searcher08

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 pm

slomo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 pm wrote:
Luther Blissett » 07 Dec 2016 13:51 wrote:

Fuck that shit.

Werd

This is a fair point: disparities are a real thing, and can be teased out of the statistics (although confounding by socioeconomic class does complicate matters). Structural (socioeconomic and racial) injustices are a worthy target to attack.

My beef is with the psychology, the lack of sensitivity, of some of the proposed remedies implemented on the interpersonal level, e.g. required academic and corporate diversity modules. Keeping things somewhat overly simple, there are three classes of white people: non-racist (perhaps a really small group), unintentionally-racist, and committed-to-racism. The typical diversity program beats all white people on the head with collective guilt (which may at some level be warranted) and "microagressions" (yes, I understand microagressions are a reality -- I may have experienced some of them myself as a biracial person -- but they are too subtle and complex to really address with the blunt instruments of most diversity programs I've witnessed). This has the effect of alienating the middle group, who respond to the assertion "all white people are racist no matter how hard they try not to be" with a response that roughly goes "then why should I even try to not be racist?" The extreme group will never be reached no matter how hard you try, so poorly conceived efforts just provide additional justification for their positions. Promoting color-blindness on an interpersonal level (even if it is somewhat fictional in an absolute sense) while gently reminding people of structural injustices goes a long way towards enlisting the middle group to the cause of social justice (in the true sense of the word).

One of the more liberating experiences of my life which occurred slowly over the last decade or so was to recognize the ways in which I benefit from white privilege. This did not disrupt my activity in anti-racist action, and if anything only reinforced and made it feel more urgent. I don't know if it comes from growing up in a diverse neighborhood with black, Muslim, Asian, and Latinx friends or if I just lucked out with it – I had a long conversation with a friend over dinner last night about growing up in a punk scene but even at the very earliest moments of involvement experiencing a very visceral, emotional reaction to the white power / neo-nazi elements of said scene. I had always assumed, when I was younger, that my involvement in fighting racism had something to do with growing up working class, but obviously this is untrue.

I don't think that the unintentionally-racist are a lost cause. If anything I see more people (especially young white people) accept that they benefit greatly from structural racism and commit to fighting to do something about it now more than ever.

The voices of people of color, poor people, and marginalized people on the internet have exploded within the last 7 years or so with the introduction of the smartphone. This destroyed a traditional boundary and tech chasm that meant many internet users did not have to address class confrontations very directly before, and that issues of race and class used to be a bit more abstract. Most racists do not understand that and think that society has just seen an uptick in whining and unnecessary class conflict, or even better, that Obama invented racism.

This is a good example of the democratization of communication breathing to life increased empathy and care for fellow humans.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Geez, why was the black comic so angry? The paying white customer was just politely trying to explain how things have changed, get with the times!

White man taunts black comedian: Trump’s victory entitles me to call you a ni***r
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:34 am

In Aftermath of Trump’s Win, More Than 1,000 Hate Crimes in a Month
By contributors | Dec. 17, 2016 |

TeleSur | – –
Over one-third of the incidents made mention of President-elect Donald Trump.
Over 1,000 hate crimes have been reported since Donald Trump won the U.S. presidential election, the rate dropping since the days after election day but over a third of them still making reference to Trump.
Most of the incidents were against immigrants, followed by African-Americans, Muslims and LGBT people, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which released the data on Friday but cut off the count on Monday, Dec. 12. The SPLC counted a total of 1,094 from news reports, social media and direct submission.
Like previous counts, most incidents occurred in K-12 schools, followed by highly-frequented businesses and campuses of higher education. Most recruitment drives, especially those including fliers, were reported on college campuses, the majority of them by white nationalists and some from the Ku Klux Klan.
Attacks that referenced Trump overwhelmingly attacked women, reported the SPLC, which also counted anti-Trump and anti-white incidents. The former came to a total of 26, with six anti-white incidents.
Via TeleSur
—–
Related video added by Juan Cole:
REPORT: HATE CRIMES INCREASE AFTER ELECTION ON CNN Breaking News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q5ITx1nyAw
http://www.juancole.com/2016/12/afterma ... rimes.html
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm

A KKK member plotted to kill Muslims — with a homemade death ray
By Kristine Guerra December 19 at 2:05 PM
Glendon Scott Crawford leaves the court after his bail was revoked in June 2013, in Albany, N.Y. He was sentenced on Dec. 19, 2016, to 30 years in federal prison. (Skip Dickstein/Albany Times Union)
Based on court records, Glendon Scott Crawford is ruthless enough to plot an elaborate mass killing of unsuspecting Muslims.

But, it seems, he’s also foolish enough to enlist the help of strangers — who turned out to be undercover law enforcement officers.

Which is probably why, according to the Albany Times-Union, Crawford’s friends described him as a cross between Darth Vader, an intergalactic mass murderer, and Forrest Gump, once described by The Washington Post as a low-IQ Southern character with a propensity for gate-crashing history.

Crawford was sentenced Monday to 30 years in federal prison for plotting to build an industrial X-ray machine that would spew lethal doses of radiation powerful enough to kill people from a distance. His plan, according to a federal complaint, was to place the machine inside a truck or a van, park the vehicle outside Muslim institutions and activate it remotely. The goal was for his targets to be dead long before they realize they’d been exposed to the rays.

[‘Trump is president … they’ll deport you soon’: Man filmed unloading on Muslim Uber driver]

“The conduct is bizarre. You are bizarre,” U.S. District Court Senior Judge Gary Sharpe told Crawford during his sentencing hearing in federal court in Albany, N.Y., according to the Albany Times-Union.

Crawford, a 52-year-old industrial mechanic, also will be on a lifetime supervised release.

He was convicted by a jury after a five-day trial in August 2015, becoming the first person to be found guilty of attempting to acquire and use a radiological dispersal device. The crime violates the “dirty bomb” statute passed by Congress in 2004, according to the U.S. attorney’s office for the Northern District of New York.

The Galway, N.Y., resident was charged after a 14-month FBI undercover investigation that began in April 2012 when authorities received a tip that Crawford, a self-professed member of the Ku Klux Klan, approached two Jewish organizations to seek financing for his plan. Crawford sought people who might help him acquire a radiation-emitting device for use against those whom he perceived to be enemies of Israel, according to the U.S. attorney’s office.

Someone from the Jewish institutions then alerted federal authorities, unknown to Crawford, who spent the following year designing, buying parts for, building and testing his device.

He scouted mosques in Albany and Schenectady, N.Y., and considered the governor’s mansion and an Islamic community center and school as possible targets, according to the U.S. attorney’s office.

[‘It’s a sickness’: Letters calling for genocide of Muslims sent to mosques across the country]

From August 2012 to June 2013, Crawford was unwittingly talking to and working with undercover law enforcement officers. He enlisted the help of a KKK leader who was cooperating with investigators the entire time, court records say.

He also sought the help of Eric Feight, who pleaded guilty to providing material support to terrorists and was sentenced in December 2015 to more than eight years in federal prison.

During conversations, Crawford described his device, made from “off the shelf” technology, as “Hiroshima on a light switch.”

“Everything with respiration would be dead by the morning,” he said, according to court records. “How much sweeter could there be than a big stack of smelly bodies?”

He referred to Muslims as “medical waste.” He also repeatedly talked about developing “assets” and used code names for himself and Feight, according to court records. Crawford was Dmitri and Feight was Yoda.

During a conversation in January 2013, after the November 2012 reelection of President Obama, Crawford said he’s “in this for my kids.” He has three children, according to the Albany Times-Union.

[‘Well, I killed them, I guess’: Jury watches Dylann Roof’s confession to church massacre]

“I don’t want money. . . . You know what, after this election, the electoral process is dead,” he said. “So now, all that is left is to make the m———— pay.”

In a text message sent in April 2013, Crawford went on a tirade about Obama’s policies and the media.

“Your background was scrutinized more to join the army than any muslim scum gets to come here. They don’t have to follow any laws, and this administration has done more to enable a government sponsored invasion than the press can cover up,” he said. “Be pissed, but get the word out that obamas [sic] policies caused this. You watch, they will downplay the Muslim angle if they don’t cover it up. Be pissed. I am too. I been warning this was coming. Its [sic] here.”

After Crawford was convicted last year, U.S. attorney Richard S. Hartunian called him a “terrorist” and his plan “diabolical.”

“This case shows both the dangers we face from extremist views, and our resolve to stop those who plan to act on those views. Crawford planned to kill Muslims on account of their religion and other people whose political and social beliefs he disagreed with, including government officials,” Hartunian said in a statement issued after Crawford’s sentencing hearing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... ae2d4c7cb7
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 pm

An armed march aimed at Jews. Sounds like some really happy New Year plans. What could possibly go wrong?

'We can march through town carrying high-powered rifles’: Neo-Nazi plans march against Montana Jews
Tom Boggioni
24 Dec 2016 at 14:15 ET

ImageAndrew Anglin -- via Wiki commons

Ramping up their attacks on the a Montana town where white supremacist Richard Spencer lives part of the year, neo-Nazis are planning an armed march down main street in January, reports Fox-Montana.

The small town of Whitefish has become a hub of turmoil with the rise of Spencer whose mother owns a business in the downtown district. While Sherry Spencer doesn’t share his son’s white separatist beliefs, she has been taking heat and facing financial setbacks from locals because she allows him to use her address as the headquarters for his deceptively named National Policy Institute.

Previously neo-Nazi fans of Spencer have limited their threats to the people of Whitefish by using social media, however Andrew Anglin, who runs The Daily Stormer website, now says he plans to lead a march in the town aimed at Jews in the community.

“We are planning an armed protest in Whitefish,” Anglin wrote. “Montana has extremely liberal open carry laws, so my lawyer is telling me we can easily march through the center of the town carrying high-powered rifles. I myself am planning on being there to lead the protest, which has been dubbed ‘March on Whitefish.’”

According to Anglin, he claims he will be busing in “skinheads from the Bay Area,” adding, “Currently, my guys say we are going to be able to put together about 200 people to participate in the march, which will be against Jews, Jewish businesses and everyone who supports either.”

“We have to stand up to these people, and we have to force an apology,” The Forward reports Anglin wrote. “This will be an absolutely massive victory for our cause. We have never done this before.”

According to local police, they have received no information on the march which is tentatively scheduled for the second week in January.

Prior to the 2016 presidential election, Anglin claimed that “Virtually every alt-right Nazi I know is volunteering for the Trump campaign.”

Ever the busy white nationalist, Anglin recently threw a tantrum after athletic shoe company New Balance ignored his entreaties to become “the official shoes of White people.” Anglin blamed earlier reports that New Balance was catering to the Donald Trump crowd on the “lying Jewish media.”
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

On my way to a deportation defense meeting. Be sure to tell all your nazi friends that if they want to join any dragnets under trump they'll have to evict families over my fucking dead body.
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Attn: use this for nazis who want to cry about "snowflakes."

Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion