This Bizarre Chuck C. Johnson/Rohrabacher/Assange Situation

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby thankyouberrymuch » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 pm

I wanted to start by saying Hello, I'm new here, and this is post #1. I've lurked around for some time and have greatly come to appreciate the minds and perspectives operating in these parts, as well as the striking lack of toxic infighting. Kudos to you all.

As you might be aware, there's an in-progress intel operation brewing that aims to cast doubt on the whole Russian hack assessment, potentially featuring information from Julian Assange himself. But considering the players involved and the procedural nature of this pending disclosure, it's hard to tell if this will be an important event or is simply being made to seem like such, and is in fact a lengthy, prearranged propaganda routine. Seeing as the US president and his unquestioning cult seem to relish such things, it seems best to put this under the microscope preemptively, as it were.

The players are Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (the most devout pro-Putin politician in the US, current favorite of the Alt Right), Chuck C. Johnson (dodgy journalist and confessed troll, proprietor of GotNews.com and DailyStormer-utilized crowdfunding platform WeSearchr, a "white nationalist" at best), Julian Assange (a slender man with cream-colored hair, runs something called WikiLeaks from a small flat in London), Sean Hannity (FoxNews/conservative talk radio "patriot"), and potentially Donald J. Trump, Prez.

The sequence has thus far gone like this:

- Back in January, Assange granted Hannity (of all people) an interview in which he went on to emphatically state that Russia was not the source of Democrat party material that WL published during the election.
- A few weeks ago, it was reported that Dana Rohrabacher was going over to the Ecuadorian embassy in London to meet with Assange, for the announced purpose of learning some exclusive from him about his Dem party material source, potentially paving the road to gaining WL White House press privileges, maybe leading to an Assange pardon.
- Following this, an image appeared of Rohrabacher standing in front of the Ecuadorian embassy with Chuck C. Johnson, who supposedly set up this meeting, somehow.
- During the meeting, Assange apparently told Rohrabacher something intended for the ears of President Trump...or shared documents with him intended for same, it's still not clear.
- Upon returning to the US, Rohrabacher went on Sean Hannity's radio show and explained all of this again (stopping short of actually disclosing whatever Assange disclosed to him, of course), claiming that a rendezvous between the president and himself was being arranged by outside parties. His actual quote about this fact is dripping with awkward legalese, as Marcy Wheeler of emptywheel.com smartly highlights here.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/08/29/the-nameless-non-agents-arranging-rohrabachers-trump-meeting/:

"It is my understanding from other parties who are trying to arrange the rendezvous that a rendezvous with myself and the President is being arranged for me to give him the firsthand information from [Assange]."

These nameless parties/arrangers are very likely to be good old Chuck C. Johnson or someone in his cohort. Still, more than two weeks into this saga, and more than a week after Rohrabacher met with Assange to learn of whatever bombshell he had to offer him, no new information has been released. This is coming off more and more like an intelligence or disinformation operation launched either by Rohrabacher, Johnson, Assange, or the trio altogether.

Note that thus far this event has promised to do myriad "big deal" things, as expressed at various times by Rohrabacher:
- Get Russia off the hook for election-era hacks they are alleged to be behind
- Potentially finger Assange's "real" source for Democrat party material (hint: the words "Seth Rich" will doubtless come up)
- Clear Trump and his associates of collusion/coordination suspicions and the extant federal investigation by Mueller and co.

So, many big things. All we need is that evidence...yet my breath is not being held in this regard.

Other stuff to consider:
- Chuck C. Johnson's Wiki page reads like that of the most prolific/proud huckster political operative posing as a "journalist" outside of a Pynchon side plot. I'm having trouble finding anything he's covered that was actually verified and wasn't just mean-spirited troll campaign. He also happened to refuse the idea of turning over Russian contact-related documents to the Senate Intel Committee when the topic was breached. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_C._Johnson)
(https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-right-fi ... 20121.html)

- Rohrabacher's placement as current Alt Right icon runs deeper than his policy positions and love affair with Putin's regime. He was recently listed as among the speakers at a since-canceled Alt Right even in southern California, alongside unabashed white nationalists/supremacists like Brittany Pettibone and "Based Stickman" Kyle Chapman.
(https://itsgoingdown.org/wp-content/upl ... 5/1-12.png)

- The suspicions surrounding Assange are well-known and covered, so suffice it to say that many believe he is either an agent of or useful idiot for Russian military intelligence, perhaps since December '10. For his part, he has denied that Russia or any state was his source for Democrat party material, but has refused to answer whether or not his source may have been an intermediary acting on behalf of the Russian state, for some reason.

What do you guys think? I'll offer more source links upon request, and in general appreciate critique or feedback you may have about my post style, length, etc.
thankyouberrymuch

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: This Bizarre Chuck C. Johnson/Rohrabacher/Assange Situat

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:35 am

thankyouberrymuch wrote:What do you guys think?

I think Johnson and Rohrabacher are a sideshow; they have nothing to do with what happened.

Why are they a "misinformation campaign"? Because you say so?

I'm not buying this — any of it.
Last edited by Elvis on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:16 am

welcome to RI thankyouberrymuch and thanks for deciding to start posting here....

"misinformation campaign"......of course ...absolutely.....they are but the hack no matter who did it is eclipsed by trump and his association with the Russian mob.....that's what will bring him down and the New York's Attorney General Eric Schneiderman ...
Mueller teams up with New York attorney general in Manafort probe
The cooperation is the latest sign that the investigation into Trump's former campaign chairman is intensifying.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/3 ... ral-242191

no pardons for state crimes.... Rohrabacher is irrelevant and is now probably going to be questioned by the Intel committee
Senate intel may want to speak with Rohrabacher
Rohrabacher was not at that Trump Tower meeting, but he was working closely with Veselnitskaya and others to try and repeal the Magnitsky Act, which targets Russians whom the US considers human rights abusers.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/politics/ ... index.html

GOP aide to congressman ousted after Russia revelations published
Paul Behrends gone from role on subcommittee after questions raised about trip to Moscow
(NATIONAL) -- Paul Behrends, who was top aide to Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, no longer has his job as a staff director for the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee.
http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAK ... -i-2912128

GOP Lawmaker Got Direction From Moscow, Took It Back to D.C.
After being given a secret document by officials in Moscow, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher sought to alter sanctions legislation and tried to set up a virtual show trial on Capitol Hill.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-lawmak ... SAMedition

Rohrabacher = Magnitsky Act.

as to why he took it upon himself to go talk to Assanage who many thought was America's number one enemy at one point and were calling for him to be executed in a public hanging especially in the republican party.....well...pure "trying to save one's own Russian asset butt" and feeble attempt to change the subject

F.B.I. Once Warned G.O.P. Congressman That Russian Spies Were Recruiting Him
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/p ... ml?mcubz=0

Why Dana Rohrabacher's name keeps coming up in the Russia investigation
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol- ... story.html

Even If Dana Rohrabacher Was a Russian Asset, Would He Know?
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/even-dana ... sset-know/

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby elfismiles » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 am

elfismiles » 31 Aug 2017 14:25 wrote:Wow! :shock: Thanks SonicG and SLAD for the links.

And welcome to our new poster thankyouberrymuch over in this related thread:

post by thankyouberrymuch » 31 Aug 2017 03:45
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40671

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:19 am

I've lurked around for some time and have greatly come to appreciate the minds and perspectives operating in these parts, as well as the striking lack of toxic infighting.

LOL, U A FED, THO!

The players are Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (the most devout pro-Putin politician in the US, current favorite of the Alt Right), Chuck C. Johnson (dodgy journalist and confessed troll, proprietor of GotNews.com and DailyStormer-utilized crowdfunding platform WeSearchr, a "white nationalist" at best), Julian Assange (a slender man with cream-colored hair, runs something called WikiLeaks from a small flat in London), Sean Hannity (FoxNews/conservative talk radio "patriot"), and potentially Donald J. Trump, Prez.

Rohrabacher is little beloved of the Alt Right, if you're talking about actual human beings rather than a literary flourish. Bronze Age Pervert is the true leader of the Alt Right and few reading this would recognize the name. Rohrabacher is an old fuck nobody. His fanbase skews pretty close to the funeral home; a Fox News folk hero at best.

Johnson is more opportunist than operator; yet somehow I would not be surprised to learn that Trump had relied on such crooked timber. He wound up at WeSearchr because he is unemployable -- erratic, neurotic and full of pride. (Which is baffling.) He tried to do the Right Wing Truth Teller routine, but like O'Keefe, he's just not competent or mature enough to be depended on, or function as part of a group. Many tried. The fact he's working with Pax now says a lot.

Hannity is the most credible angle, of course. That tool is down for anything and loves to feel important.

Assange knows his star is getting dimmer every day, a real sob story of a human being. Whatever version of fourth dimensional chess he's playing these days, he's blissfully unencumbered by reality.

Yet despite all that -- what kind of PsyOp doesn't have any source material, bud? Especially when we're talking about a target demographic who form their political stances on the basis of .jpgs they've seen on Facebook. This cast of characters could have manufactured anything at all and yet, as you say, nothing has been forthcoming.

So is that really even an op?

Or are we just talking about some small-time counterculture pundits desperately trying to stay relevant now that their team won and they're no longer needed or even particularly wanted?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

as well as the striking lack of toxic infighting

maybe he was not giving the place the attention we deserve :P
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:43 am wrote:
as well as the striking lack of toxic infighting

maybe he was not giving the place the attention we deserve :P

Maybe compared to other places ... we're a happy family?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0poEl_n01I
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Heaven Swan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Welcome to RI thankyouberrymuch. Great thread!
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby peartreed » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 pm

The low-brow loyalists to Trump will latch on to any alternative explanation to their president being in Putin’s pocket, including leaving Assange to be the alternative lackey left to explain other Alt-Right losers as the missing links to bypass Moscow.

Whether extreme left or right wing nuts, or merely mental extremes, it will be a stretch to blame the covert collusion with Communists by their Commander In Chief on anything but commercial greed, coupled with the compromise of complete envy of another oligarch. A white Russian Federation here would be the Wannabe Don’s wet dream, with himself shirtless upon a white stallion parting the fawning masses.
peartreed

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Shallow state psy-op.
Burnt Hill

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Burnt Hill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:43 pm wrote:Shallow state psy-op.

The Rohrabacher story or the OP? :lol:

Too funny. This whole discussion board thing is reaching the level of a good British farce.
http://www.alteredminds.co.uk/viewtopic ... p=965#p965

Covert Ops over at Rigorous Intuition

Post by C_D » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:18 am
Is someone from here - i.e. not me - running an unauthorized covert mock-op over at RI at the moment?

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 5e158d40f9

I mean - it is satire - surely. Right?

I particularly loved this from the OP:

...Julian Assange (a slender man with cream-colored hair, runs something called WikiLeaks from a small flat in London)...

Or is it a real person? Or maybe a fake real person. Maybe it's serious, I can't tell any more. They're American, whoever they are. I worked that out from their misspelling of the word colour.

Brilliant, either way.

:rofl: :popcorn:

Does anyone else get a whiff of dryer sheets?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Elvis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:01 pm wrote:
Too funny. This whole discussion board thing is reaching the level of a good British farce.
http://www.alteredminds.co.uk/viewtopic ... p=965#p965

Covert Ops over at Rigorous Intuition

Post by C_D » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:18 am
Is someone from here - i.e. not me - running an unauthorized covert mock-op over at RI at the moment?

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby thankyouberrymuch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Ahh fresh outta the gate and already getting a shill accusation, that's more like it! I just think this whole topic is strange and involves strange players. What about me pointing out Julian's hair quality is problematic? Guess I shouldn't try to have fun here while investigating strange things...actually nevermind, I still will.

I don't mind though, thanks for reading regardless. And to everyone else for providing input. seemslikeadream in particular for those links about Rohrabacher running to Moscow in the past, strange indeed. There was also House majority leader McCarthy's funny-haha "joke" about Rohrabacher and Trump getting paid by Putin. Glad Paul Ryan enjoyed it...
thankyouberrymuch

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:51 am

˙pǝp ǝƃuɐss∀.. Since 2016.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Next

Return to General Discussion