Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby elfismiles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 pm

The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
August 10th, 2017 – Austin, Texas. . .

– ANOMALY NEWS HEADLINES

So here’s another installment of the “weekly” newsletter. Tons of news links worth exploring to satisfy your cravings for weird articles and information.

Some of the many news items on my radar that I think you should definitely take a look at include…

World Congress on Mummy Studies “Declaration Of The Scientific Community Regarding The Fraud Of Extraterrestrial Mummies,” Paul Seaburn’s reportage on same over at Mysterious Universe, plus The Atlantic‘s article The Racism Behind Alien Mummy Hoaxes.

UFOs: Reframing the Roswell Slides Fiasco
Art by Red Pill Junkie via Curt Collins’ BlueBlurryLines.com

http://www.anomalyarchives.org/public-h ... s-8102017/

The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
June 25th, 2017 – Austin, Texas. . .

. . .

Stop UFOlogical Cultural Appropriation &
Exploitation of Ancient Human Remains!

Gaia TV Covers the “Mystery” (Facebook Video)

You have undoubtedly come across news items alleging the discovery of a new mysterious body from Peru being touted as a mummified, possibly alien, body. Blogger and researcher Curt Collins (Blue Blurry Lines) writes:

“The remains of the dead should not be used as props for UFO promoters and entertainers like Maussan and Gaia. We’ve had the Star Child, Greer’s Sirius “Atacama Humanoid,” and when challenged about the BeWitness Slides, Maussan offered a bounty for the child’s body itself.
Forensic Anthropologists should be in charge of this kind of thing. Once the science is done, if there’s anything valid, share it with the world.
Until then, let the dead rest in peace. Don’t support the exploitation.”

I couldn’t agree more with Mr. Collins on this issue. You’d think folks would have learned by now, especially after the Roswell “Alien” Slides debacle promoted by Jaime Maussan and others fell apart in May of 2015. Yet the human will to believe continues, with many UFOlks looking for the next Smoking-Gun / Holy-Grail to prove their beliefs in ExtraTerrestrial visitation. For a more probable, down-to-earth explanation, see this Peruvian website’s investigation of this and other likely “manipulated artifacts.” (Hat tip to Sharon Hill of Doubtful News)

http://www.anomalyarchives.org/public-h ... s-6252017/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 pm

I believe they're genuine. There has been absolutely no proof presented to discredit their authenticity, only disparaging opinions offered.

With mummies on display all around the world, and and parts of thousands of others stored on shelves in museum storerooms for academics to toy with at will, what a ludicrous statement to make: "Until then, let the dead rest in peace. Don’t support the exploitation.”

As far as GAIA goes, I agree about not supporting exploitation. I also condemn grave robbing, but not human curiosity. How much better it would have been if those who found the mummies instead of removing and transporting the bodies themselves, had brought scientists to the tomb they were found in for them to conduct a valid archaeological survey. Then the mummy experts themselves could have criminally legally toyed with them to their satisfaction, instead of us hearing complaints from them about those they've claimed abused the corpses.

Please, visit their site and witness the "official" mummy researchers abuse corpses for their own exploitative purposes. http://www.centromallqui.pe/mummycongress/
Scroll through their pages to see what hypocrites these people are.

Furthermore, Mummy Researcher and member of the World Congress of Mummy Researchers Rodolfo Salas-Gismondi of the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology at the Natural History Museum in Lima, had this to say in an interview about what he saw in the Gaia presentations so far:

Based on the X-ray of this hand and using basic comparative anatomy, I identify the bones that make it up and show that, one, the hand is formed by at least two human individuals and, two, that each finger has two human metacarpals – an absolute anatomical and evolutionary aberration. This is not an opinion, it is the result of anatomical-comparative analysis. This shameless assembly is the scientific evidence that Maussan’s team defends as authentic. I simply can not bear to put up a lie of this magnitude through the manipulation of scientific evidence.”

It is indeed only his opinion. There has been no independent analysis of these mummies, and Rodolfo has not examined the physical evidence. Repugnant as a few of these characters involved have been or at least are claimed to have been involved in fraud, these mummies need to be examined by unbiased researchers.

Basically, they also claim the only possible explanation for elongated skulls is head-binding, and in this I strongly disagree. Head-binding cannot increase cranial capacity and a great many elongated skulls craniums are of much greater capacity than any human's. The Atlantic article claims, wrongly, I believe, there is no increase in cranial capacity in any of the elongated skulls.

This group airs the establishment view that the Great Pyramid was built by stone age people in 20 year's time, which is ludicrous as well. Claims of racism are ridiculous.

I wished I found another video, instead of GAIA's. I wanted to locate one I watched featuring Andrew Collins to present instead, as it showed the size of the smaller mummies as well as a supposed surface "implant" and their lizard-like skin.

I know how hokey it seems. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong and be embarrassed for believing these corpses are not human. When that day comes, I'll humbly eat crow. But for now, I'm a believer.

Do you think if these were truly alien creatures any established scientist would make stand by that claim? I do not.

I saw there was much out there discrediting this find. It remains unproven that these mummies are inauthentic, and ticklish as that may be for some, that is a fact, whether shady characters have been involved or not. I want to believe!
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 am

But IamWhoIAm, you should try not to allow your desires to override your critical faculties. Not saying you are... just saying.

J.
Jerky

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:13 am

Regardless of this particular discovery, or fraud, as the case may be, I think there is plenty of historical evidence to demonstrate that "aberrant" discoveries have long been officially discredited by those ascribing to official viewpoints, only to be proven more accurate in time - enough to believe it is quite possible that allegedly groundbreaking discoveries immediately disavowed by mainstream archaeologists may have more merit than official channels are willing to ascribe.

At least half of what common folk believe to be true in archaeology, like the Brontosaurus, is nothing but wishful thinking, deception, and a convincing arrangement of bones.

That is to say, there is plenty of shade to cast on all sides, such that any finding should be examined on its own merits, and expert opinions are worth only as much as the experts themselves - Which experts are actually reliable being extremely difficult to determine for an outsider from any angle.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:46 pm

True, Mentalgongfu2. Jerky, I believe that's my charge against Rodolfo, among others. Certainly, my opinion is of no consequence in this matter.

Sure, I haven't physically examined the corpses either, nor am I any sort of expert on anything, and while I believe they're genuine, I welcome their proper examination by unbiased scientists, if any could be found who would be willing risk their career to jump into this controversial fray.

God forbid they found these mummies genuine. Just imagine the walls that would go up, blocking advancement or any further work in their field. They'd mocked, discredited and wind up being blackballed.

Steen-McIntyre

"I know how hokey it seems. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong and be embarrassed for believing these corpses are not human. When that day comes, I'll humbly eat crow. But for now, I'm a believer."
Iamwhomiam

Postby dada » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Is it possible that this mummy is both alien and hoax?

Anything is possible. This is 2018.

This is 2018. This is 2018. Honestly, I ask you: what does that mean?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm

It's all relative, dada!
Iamwhomiam

Postby dada » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:54 pm wrote:It's all relative, dada!

No it isn't! It was relative, iamwhoiam. But not anymore! The present situation is abstract.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:It's all relative, dada!

dada wrote:No it isn't! It was relative, iamwhoiam. But not anymore! The present situation is abstract.

I told you he's not my dada.
Burnt Hill

Postby peartreed » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 pm

My earlier comments on this thread appear on pages 3 and 5 as in the beginning. I also referred to Christopher Partridge’s book, “UFO Religions” ISBN 0-415-26324.

Curiosity compelled me to delve into and deconstruct UFO sighting accounts over many decades ever since my own sightings as a boy watching the clear night skies with my brother while camping out every summer in the wilds of Northern Ontario.

The aerial phenomena of inexplicable, gravity defying movements of strange lights among the stars outperformed the motions of any known aircraft and, once in a rare while in daylight or evening skies, seemingly saucer-shaped or elongated vehicles sped by or hovered aloft. Some were comets, birds and clouds, but certainly not all.

These experiences, filtered through the imaginative excitement and enthusiasm of youth, often took on enhancements in the retelling amongst peers to increase the drama and awe, but most of the sightings themselves remained intriguingly inexplicable. This, in turn, led to a quest for answers and scientific explanations.

Over many subsequent years I collected a UFO library, from the early works of contactees to the latter days of abductees, from experiencers to theorists to true believers prophesying a return of the biblical and mythological gods of yore. I also joined one of the earlier online sites, the UFO Forum on CompuServe, where many Ufologists and their followers convened to exchange stories of UFO experiences.

As well as increasing my fascination with the subject, the foray into the fringe phenomena arenas also introduced me to the kind of fringe characters that collect on the sidelines of society and who seek to find solace in the unconventional and conspiratorial challenges to conventional establishment and its belief systems.

Separating the wheat from the chaff, or the convincing from the kooks, added yet another necessary but frustrating filtering of phenomenological fact from fiction.

Some of the more famous authors and qualified speakers on the UFO lecture circuit are also, under the cover of credentials, some of the most credulous and impressionable people simply seeking confirmation of their own craving for salvation from the sky. Similarly, so many of the followers are phenomenally complicit in open credulity. The uncritical acceptance of confabulation prevails.

Yet there remains enough compelling anecdotal evidence to sustain the search for truth. Lately, the archeological discoveries are adding to the intrigue of visitors.

The greatest absence in the UFO field is a legitimate, objective and uncontaminated litmus test or laboratory for analytical testing of the storytellers, their testimonies and alleged traces of physical proof of the UFO visitations. Without it we’re adrift.

My tentative conclusion, so far, is that Ufology is more of a religion than a science. The obscuring rites, rituals and iconography built up around it over the ages to promote its stereotypes have also corrupted its alleged presence, presentation and possible origins.

A final frightening thought is that aliens may have also secretly blended in to our species, seductively, much like Donald J. Trump.
peartreed

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi, Mr. peartreed. Good to see you're posting once again. I do try to keep an open mind about such things, and allow for the possibility my inclination was misguided.

Personally, I'd go with a psyop over a religion, but yes, too many have gamed the subject and consequentially, makes all claims suspect.

"A final frightening thought is that aliens may have also secretly blended in to our species, seductively, much like Donald J. Trump."

It's a good thing you don't write fiction! Horrors!

Do the Russians run the aliens PR dept. too?
Iamwhomiam

Postby peartreed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:10 am

I'm glad to see you've returned as well, iamwhomiam.

My view of UFO explanations has evolved from little grey men to fireflies to Earth Lights to projections of the mind and on through everything in between over several decades, but the one consistency seems to be that belief requires suspension of critical analysis of the controversial but paltry "evidence" available. I'm also following the Peruvian discoveries and related arguments with interest.

Whether its a psyop orchestrated by governments to cover advanced avionic testing or a religious return to celestial deities and saviours, only the hidden persuaders know. My attempts to document my own investigative journey into a book died of the author's boredom and inability to reach a convincing conclusion.

While Putin looks more like the alien grey, I think Trump is trying harder to be the returning Nordic God, but both lack spirituality and a small enough ego to fit into a saucer. Still, both of them enjoy powerful political propulsion by igniting their own odious interstellar gas.
peartreed

Postby lucky » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 am

I wanted to start a topic 'who has witnessed a ufo' and to give details but not sure if that has been done already....anyone know?
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:43 am

I don't buy the astronaut knowingly blocking the cam view, but it is interesting footage that was captured during the ISS live stream on February 18, 2018 at approximately 8.20 pm. I've replayed it a few times and can't dismiss it out of hand?

Ben D
BenDhyan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion