Masculinities of the far right

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Masculinities of the far right

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

SPLC Adds Male Supremacist Groups To Annual Hate Count For First Time

Houston-based A Voice for Men and Washington, D.C.-based Return of Kings were among the 954 hate groups included in the 2017 report. The male supremacist groups believe it’s natural and desirable for men to have more power than women, and lament what they see as the oppression of men by modern society. A recent post on A Voice for Men argued that many women who experience violence at the hands of men in their lives “ask for it.”

In a call with reporters, Heidi Beirich, head of the SPLC’s Intelligence Project, likened the men’s rights groups’ rhetoric about women to the way the white nationalist organization American Renaissance categorically describes the inferiority of black people.

“These men right’s groups talk in the same way about women,” Beirich said. “They demonize them as an entire population, so they use slurs like, ‘They’re whores, they’re destroying men, they’re bitches, they’re evil.’ It’s the same kind of language directed at demonizing all women and trying to make women look essentially like a lesser form of humanity.”

In recent years there has been frequent overlap between the “men’s rights” community and the broader amalgamation of racists and online trolls known as the “alt-right.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... first-time
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Paul Joseph Watson Is Back On His Soy

By Jared Holt | February 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Paul Joseph Watson Tries To Apply Science To An Alt-Right Meme About Soy
Infowars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson uploaded another video yesterday as part of his campaign to warn young men about his (scientifically debunked) claims that soy products will have feminizing effects on their bodies.

In a precursor video we wrote about last year, Watson warned viewers of “soy boys” and presented an assortment of studies about sperm counts and estrogen in an attempt to provide a scientific basis for alt-right memes about the effects of soy. In his video uploaded yesterday, Watson returned to the topic of soy products to tell his viewers how to spot a “soy boy.”

“Soy overconsumption physically manifests itself on the face of the sufferer,” Watson said.

The video proceeds to dissect the term “soy face,” which is a months-old right-wing meme born inside 4chan, in which users post images of men smiling with their mouths stretched open alongside phrases like “nu male,” “beta male” and “soy boy.” Watson added that the over-exaggerated face was also known as “glory hole face.”

“Although meant to display exuberance and excitement, look a little closer and see what soy face truly represents—weakness and fear,” Watson said.

“They’re soy boys and they can’t help broadcasting the fact on their big soy faces,” Watson said. “That’s like science and shit, so it can’t be debunked.”

Watson went on to defend Brain Force Plus, a nutritional supplement that Watson frequently tries to sell on behalf of Infowars, for containing soy. Watson claimed soy was included in the snake-oil brain pills because one of the supplement’s ingredients increases libido, and therefore testosterone.

“We had to put a bit of soy in Brain Force just to balance it out,” he said.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/paul ... n-his-soy/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:13 pm

NRA Board Member Ted Nugent Discusses Parkland Shooting With Crackpot Conspiracy Theorist Sheila Zilinsky

By Kyle Mantyla | February 28, 2018 11:08 am

Sheila Zilinsky is a radical right-wing commentator and rabid conspiracy theorist who hosts a podcast called “The Weekend Vigilante,” where she regularly interviews equally unhinged guests. Past guests on hers podcast have asserted that the Illuminati is using a special frequency to change people’s DNA in order to make them hate President Trump, alleged that if elected president, Hillary Clinton would have legalized pedophilia and started a world war to eliminate 90 percent of humanity, insisted that most members of Congress are involved in pedophilia, claimed that First Lady Melania Trump ordered the White House to be “completely exorcised” before she moved in, and warned that Barack Obama is building a private army that will assassinate government leaders and return him to power.

Zilinksy herself has claimed that the NFL is conditioning Americans to be imprisoned in FEMA camps that will be housed in football stadiums and claimed that last year’s mass shooting at a concert in Las Vegas was a pagan Illuminati “blood sacrifice ritual.”

Given that Zilinsky’s podcast is a repository of radical right-wing views and insane conspiracy theorists, it was probably only a matter of time before Ted Nugent showed up on her program, as he did last week, where he readily agreed with Zilinsky’s incoherent rant against the debate over the Second Amendment in the wake of the recent mass shooting at a Florida high school.

“This Caligula-level craziness thermometer couldn’t go any higher,” Zilinsky said. “Lying, fake news, dirt bag, zombie, American-hating media, just the mindless minions are soullessly grazing in the vapor chemtrail of evil … And who sticks his head out, Ted? Well, former weasel-in-chief Barack Obama, the deep state ringleader, pops his head out on social media to make demands after this recent mass shooting in Florida. Can you spell sheep’s knees genuflecting at the Saul Alinsky altar?”

“As painful as it is to see the fake news and the orchestrated, manipulated lying media,” Nugent replied, “it tests the soul every day because you know they are lying. When you listen to the Democrats and listen to what they speak, just listen and watch Nancy Pelosi try to form a syllable, watch Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein and Maxine Waters struggle to deliver a coherent sentence.”

Nugent, after going on to to attack Pelosi as “treasonous” and a “freak,” said that he is a firm supporter of the First Amendment’s freedom of speech for his political enemies because they are so “stupid” that their arguments only make Americans see that Nugent’s views are obviously correct.

“I am so happy when I watch Nancy Pelosi struggle to form a sentence,” he said, “because if you and I could go and sit in the lap of God and say, ‘God, could you please create a really strange being, create a really offensive person that really offends good people of honesty and integrity and logic, create a really nasty person to counter what I believe in?’ God has already done that … If Nancy Pelosi is squawking and she is furrowing her brow and she is talking like the Wicked Witch of the West, when they talk like that, that has more impact supporting what we believe in—truth, logic, and common sense, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, self-evident truth—when the left speaks, it actually buoys our stand even better than we can.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/nra- ... -zilinsky/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Prevent school shootings by giving guys holographic girlfriends, horny weirdo at Return of Kings urges
MARCH 1, 2018

Unreal women: The solution to the gun debate?

By David Futrelle

Even a cursory look at the research on mass shootings suggests an obvious conclusion: the number of deaths in mass shootings seems pretty directly correlated to how easy it is to get hold of guns, in particular the assault rifles that have become the weapon of choice for mass killers. Countries that make it hard to get guns have drastically fewer mass shootings than the gun-friendly United States. Countries that have restricted gun ownership have seen the number of mass shootings fall.

Read More→
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Pickup artist writes / The worst haikus ever wrote / Basho facepalm time
MARCH 6, 2018

Basho is not impressed

By David Futrelle

Last week I treated you to a surprisingly heartfelt, if still ridiculous, poem from an MRA who was trying to win me over to his side. Turns out he’s not the only manospherean who thinks he can pull off poetry. The exuberantly racist, woman-hating pickup artist who calls himself Heartiste — as overconfident in his literary abilities as always — recently treated his blog readers to a short burst of what he called “High T-kus” — that is “High Testosterone Haikus.”

Read More→
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 am

The Red Pill's 'How to Get Laid Like a Warlord' Advice, Analyzed

One for the men, for International Women's Day.

Screenshot: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This article originally appeared on VICE UK.

Different people take different approaches to sex and relationships. Some go out, get drunk, and "graft," and others are serial monogamists who bounce from long-term relationship to long-term relationship. There are also people who, much to the bafflement and jealousy of everyone else, have no appetite for sex at all. The other side of that, I guess, is submitting a 7 billion–word thesis to men’s rights Reddit hub the Red Pill, titled "HOW TO GET LAID LIKE A WARLORD."

What we've got here is a "complete guide to picking up nines and tens" aimed at straight cis men who, presumably, have never spoken to a woman ever. These 37 rules will apparently arm budding warlords around the world with all the tools necessary to ensure they get "the highest caliber girls from cold approach." If you don’t understand what any of this means, you’re probably doing something right. But it doesn’t take a genius to understand that this magnum opus of sad behavior —this Da Vinci Code for predators—stems from the internalized belief that masculinity can only exist within the narrow confines of the toxic stereotypes that society has historically enforced on men, while also representing a failure to conceive of a positive role for themselves in modern societies that have progressed in such a direction that those stereotypes are now being rightfully rejected. They are lost and confused, and I can only assume that is why the author of this masterpiece refers to his girlfriend simply as "nine."

We won’t go through all of it because there are thirty seven rules, but let’s investigate the key points.

Oh yeah, also, it’s International Women’s Day. That's why we’re doing this.

Also, we've jumped straight in at the third point because points one through six all basically say the same thing. To summarize: This guy is obsessed with men’s "frames" and them being large and/or strong. The word "frame" is mentioned no less than 108 times in this manual, making the Red Pill the third most frame-focused institution behind Specsavers [a glasses company] and the judges on Strictly Come Dancing.

Part 1: The attraction process

Speaking as someone whose sexual history has less consistency than the Bible, I have to say: This is bullshit. I once had a boyfriend so frail, I donated my size six Topshop spray-on skinny jeans to him after I recovered from an eating disorder. I also have fantasies about being Eiffel-towered by two of Dwayne Johnson as he appears in Baywatch. Attraction is a lawless state, and there is nothing in this theory that can't be debunked by the existence of Timothée Chalamet alone, but let’s address the primary falsehood it is based on.

Women can get horny for any reason. A good joke, a mutual interest in obscure musical theater, the smell of a baked pasta in the oven, wrists, and not being talked over. It’s often less about one factor and more about a combination of smaller ones. If you ask someone in a healthy, long-term relationship what they like about their partner(s), rarely will you receive the response "their strong frame" and nothing else. There are probably many women out there for whom only a muscular body will do, but if that muscular body is, for example, wearing jeans and sheaux, or doesn’t get sarcasm, then it’s all fucked up, isn’t it?

Also, anyone who claims that "physiologically, girls can’t even get wet for a guy who has a weaker frame than they do," clearly didn’t have an emo phase.

I don't know, man. I’m all for a positive mental attitude, but unless you’re reading a news story regarding "the frightening truth about crisps [chips]," I can't think of a single scenario where this constitutes good advice. It mostly seems like a really fast way to involve yourself in an accident. For instance, being decked by a woman because you ignored approximately eight obvious social cues in favor of standing out and nodding intently but emotionlessly, like a cat watching a pigeon through a window.

The first rule of Fight Club is throwing your copy out the window and forgetting it exists.

More: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xdj ... e-analyzed
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

YouTuber Beloved By The Alt-Right Bragged About Sexually Assaulting A Drunk Woman

By Jared Holt | March 16, 2018 1:17 pm

(Screenshot/YouTube.com)

Editor’s Note: This post contains language that some readers may find disturbing.

Andy Warski, a YouTube personality who has risen to notoriety for catering to white supremacists, bragged in a live stream that he secretly removed a condom during sex with a drunk woman.

The Daily Beast reported yesterday on court documents that reveal Jean-Francois Gariepy, a white nationalist Warski pays to co-host his “Internet Bloodsports” debate series featuring prominent alt-right personalities, had been accused of “luring and attempting to impregnate a developmentally disabled Hispanic teenager while lawyers contested his U.S. immigration status.” Gariepy published a statement to Twitter admitting that The Daily Beast article “is correct” and issued a tongue-in-cheek apology for the possibility that “the stable white heterosexual family lifestyle that [he’s] pursuing may trigger some people who have been educated in the current homonormative matriarchy.”

The report about Gariepy falls in line with reports about several alt-right leaders’ alleged abuse and mistreatment of women. Rampant misogyny has been a defining characteristic of the alt-right since the movement’s inception, and Warski’s boastful comments about sexually assaulting an intoxicated woman are just the latest in a pattern of behavior among personalities in alt-right circles.

On the February 28 edition of the “Morning Kumite” live stream—hosted on an obscure YouTube channel popular with devoted “bloodsports” fans—Warski bragged about removing a condom during sex without the consent of his sexual partner.

“The condom was too tight, like it was hurting my dick, and she was drunk so during the sex I pulled my dick out and I pulled the condom off,” Warski said, before claiming that he bought “Asian-fit” condoms that were too constricting.

“So, I roll it off and then I fucked her without the condom on. I was hammered. Like, I pulled it off—and she was mad at me after. She was like, ‘What the fuck? You pulled off the condom?’” Warski said, mocking the woman and laughing.

Warski said that the next day he was worried, not because he had seemingly sexually assaulted a drunk woman, but rather that he may have contracted a sexually transmitted disease.

The other YouTube personalities on the stream asked Warski how long ago the story he recounted had taken place, concerned about whether the statute of limitations had expired on Warski’s alleged sexual assault.

“Say over seven years, Andy. ‘Over seven years’ is the answer,” one chat participant urged, claiming that Warski’s actions would not be illegal if they had happened that long ago.

After some pause, Warski claimed the incident had happened in 2009 and asked the other chat participants: “What? You’ve never pulled off a condom halfway through?”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/yout ... unk-woman/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Multiple reports of domestic abuse haunt the alt-right amid widespread fracturing

March 20, 2018 Ryan Lenz

Triangulating Matthew Heimbach’s role in the white nationalist movement has always been a complicated affair. The League of the South, the Aryan Terror Brigade, the Hammerskins and other neo-Nazi groups. He got into bed with all of them.

Then he got into bed with his partner’s wife.

Heimbach was arrested last week in southern Indiana and charged with battery after Matthew Parrott, his partner in starting the Traditionalist Worker Party (TWP), discovered Heimbach was having an affair with his wife. Police in Paoli, Indiana, said Heimbach attacked his wife and Parrott after the two confronted him about an affair with Parrott’s wife. (Heimbach is married to Parrott’s step-daughter. The familial entanglements of the affair are sordid when unpacked.)

The fallout was immediate. Parrott resigned from TWP and Heimbach, the most public facing member of the group, seemed destined for the dustbin of the racist “alt-right,” a movement that has fractured in recent weeks as high-profile individuals have questioned the movement’s direction, made public denouncements and called it quits. Heimbach, who was released after posting a $1,000 bond, declined to comment on his legal situation and, more importantly, how his involvement in a very public sex scandal has shaken the movement. According to movement associates who have spoken to Heimbach, he, too, has left the alt-right.

But this isn’t the only time allegations of infidelity have focused on Heimbach. Sources close to the Nationalist Front –– a lose collection white nationalist and neo-Nazi organizations –– have long reported stories of Heimbach’s indiscretions, though those sources say such stories are frequently overlooked. This also isn’t the first of stories of marital abuse, infidelity and strange bedfellows shaking the radical right, though never before at a time when the movement was experiencing such growth and reception.

As it turns out, the racist right has historically been a troubled group when it comes to the behavior of men. It is not an uncommon to hear stories of abusive control, tales of violence against women from men in the movement, even stories women being passed between men as if casual possessions.

Take the case of Don Black, who runs the racist web forum Stormfront, and David Duke.

In the early 1980s, Black and nine other white supremacists were arrested as they prepared to board a yacht with intentions to invade the tiny Caribbean island of Dominica, oust its black-run government, and transform it into a “white state.” He served three years in federal prison –- a time he used to learn the computer skills he used to start Stormfront –– and shortly after his release married Chloe Hardin, David Duke’s ex-wife. (Duke was also Black’s best man at the wedding.)

Ironically, Heimbach has closely mirrored Duke’s rise on the racist right. For both, their racist activism began in college –– Heimbach at Towson University in Maryland, and Duke and Louisiana State University. In fact, early in Heimbach’s life as a public racist, efforts to compare Heimbach to Duke were frequent, though Duke’s role in the future of the white nationalism seems more certain given recent events than Heimbach’s.

There are other far more terrifying and tragic stories in the movement, though.

In February 2008, police in West Hurley, New York, found the body of white supremacist James “Yankee Jim” Leshkevich hanging in the garage attached to a home the shared with his 55-year-old wife Deborah, who was found beaten and strangled to death in the couple’s bedroom. Leshkevich, a prolific white supremacist blogger and radio host, detailed his motive in a rambling blog post titled, “I Caught My Wife Sleeping With Another Man …”

“We continued to talk, and my wife started screaming, started walking towards the phone, said she wanted an order of protection, and threatened to call 911 … for no reason at all, other than she was getting very uncomfortable answering my questions about getting caught red-handed in bed with the ‘nice man,” Leshkevich wrote a week before he killed his wife.

While domestic abuse and infidelity afflict every population, reports of such from the far-right are particularly troubling. It is a movement that largely views the role of women as a subservient to white men. Within the last year, as the racist alt-right moved steadily into the mainstream, some women have even professed their exclusive purpose in life to be mothers to white children, and nothing else. One Mormon white nationalist named “Ayla,” who maintains a blog “Wife With a Purpose,” issued a challenge last year to white women to procreate in response to census predictions that white Americans will be a minority by 2050.

Ayla’s suggestions take on new meaning when measured against the downfall of Heimbach and recent allegations that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes has been abusive. Last week, Hatewatch reported on a temporary restraining order filed last month in a Montana court room against. The petition, filed by Rhodes’ wife Tasha Vonn Adams Rhodes, alleged years of physical and verbal abuse often targeting the couple’s children.

“Whenever [Stewart Rhodes] is unhappy with my behavior (say I want to leave the house — he doesn’t like me to leave) he will draw his handgun (which he always wears), rack the slide, wave it around, and then point it at his own head, telling me my behavior has caused this,” Vonn Adams Rhodes wrote. “I filed for divorce a few days ago and am terrified.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... fracturing
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Gun Control? No, Youth Liberation! : Mass Shootings—School Walkouts—Getting Free

The New Normal

Another mass shooting. We’re horrified, but we can’t say we’re surprised. These shootings have been going on for as long as we can remember. The victims at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School weren’t even born when Columbine happened—and mass shootings have only gotten worse since then. Four of the ten deadliest mass shootings in American history have taken place in the last two years.

Why the last two years? The answer tells us a lot about this society. 2016 and 2017 saw a wave of backlash against the struggles and visibility of queer and trans people, women, and people of color, especially the Black Lives Matter movement. The reactions came in many forms: “men’s rights,” the alt-right, the Trump campaign. But all of them were based in the anxiety that straight, white men are losing their power over society—and it’s no secret that mass shooters tend to be angry white men with a history of hating women.

Dylann Roof, who killed nine people at a black church in South Carolina in 2015, left behind a manifesto claiming that black people are inferior and bewailing the supposed “disappearance” of the white race.

Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando in 2016, was training to become a police officer. He had physically abused his former wife on a regular basis.

Stephen Paddock, the white Trump-supporting millionaire who carried out the deadliest civilian mass shooting in American history in 2017 in Las Vegas, was notorious for berating his girlfriend in public.

Devin Kelley, who beat his wife and stepchild while in the Air Force, looked up to Dylann Roof and copied his attack, entering a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas in 2017 and shooting over forty people—25 of them fatally.

Nikolas Cruz, who killed 17 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, posted comments online degrading Muslims and threatening to kill anti-fascists. His classmates knew that he wore a MAGA hat, had been abusive to his ex-girlfriend, and had assaulted her boyfriend and called him racial slurs. Later, it was discovered that Cruz carved swastikas into the ammunition magazines he used on the day of the shooting.

More: https://crimethinc.com/2018/03/20/gun-c ... tting-free
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Guys Tell Us About Their Struggles with Toxic Masculinity

“If I was ever upset around my dad there was no way he was going to let me openly cry about something.”

This article originally appeared on VICE Canada.

Like most of the world, I just spent eight hours of my life binge watching Queer Eye, whilst sobbing sporadically and also trying to hatch some sort of devilish plan to get them all to be my best friends. But what dawned on me whilst watching is how much the men they feature in the show struggle with emotions and vulnerability. It literally takes a band of five magnificent gay men to drag emotion out of them one beard spritz at a time and, although I’m maybe not surprised, it got me thinking: Why is it so many straight cis men struggle with appearing vulnerable?

Vulnerability, sensitivity, or anything deemed particularly “feminine” is rarely encouraged in young boys growing up. Instead, aligning to certain qualities like strength, power, and sexual aggression are seen as qualities that make up “real men.” But in 2018, men shouldn't be excluded from the proclamation that patriarchy sucks too—because it does, and if said patriarchy is punching you in the face every time you want to be a human being and show emotions, isn't it time to challenge that?

While a conversation around gender is common in my group of female friends, it is less so in a group of men; mainly because society tells them to shut up, be a man, and get on with it. But when I asked my guy friends about their experiences, I discovered how many grow to deeply regret cutting modeling, dancing, acting, crying, or even wearing pink from their lives. In an effort to understand and unpack how prescribed masculinity hurts dudes too, here are five men opening up and getting vulnerable about their biggest gender hang-ups growing up.

Read more: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gymp ... asculinity
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Red Pillers: Stop looking to gorillas for dating advice. Embrace the banana slug instead

Our old friend Heartiste, the floridly racist PUA guru, regularly turns to studies of other primates to understand what he calls the “renowned human female mate preference for jerkboys of varying jerkitude.” In one post, he recounted an experiment he claimed to have conducted in which he did his best impression of an especially macho gorilla to see how women reacted to this primal stimulus.

For shits and remotely activated tingles, I decided to try out the MAXIMUM ALPHA MALE MODE walking style in a beautiful baby zoo near you.

I walked about town like a guy who [had] absorbed a piece of gorilla DNA …

Result: After an hour or so performing the “here are my steely balls, ladies, feast your eyes” gait, I can conclusively say that a lot… no, a WHOLE LOT… of women tossed me lascivious stares. Not “what is this weird guy doing?” looks; real hardcore “i want… i need… to get to know this man” stares.

Ok, there were a couple of “who’s the weirdo?” looks, but most were definitely in the “checking him out” camp.

In the Red Pill subreddit, someone called SkorchZang offered his scientific assessment of ape sex.

I‘m always deeply touched when watching a documentary about apes and there’s some mating scene or something going on. Typically the male is what you’d expect, he’s humping away, working it, it feels good and he’s just focused in on that. But the female, man! They actually use their wrinkly monkey faces to make the exact same “porn faces” that human women will put on. You know the face, that “oh you dirty big fucking fucker, you… fucking me all bent over like that when you know that’s not very nice!” kind of face. With the eyes and everything. Hilarious display of the raw natural hunger for male domination that TRP often talks about and taps into.

But is a “hunger for male domination” really this universal? Even amongst those species that value male alphatude in matters of the heart and loin, things are a bit more complicated than the Red Pill alpha male myths.

Amongst rhesus macaques, for example, “younger females often sneak off to mate with males lower down on the dominance hierarchy,” according to a guide to primate behavior put together by behavioral scientist Dennis O’Neil of Palomar College. Male chimps, meanwhile, prefer mating with older females instead of the nubile young lady chimps that Red Pill ideology would suggest they’d go for instead.

But this isn’t the main thing wrong with Red Pillers’ fetishization of animal studies as a guide to human sexual desires and behavior. The biggest problem? There are 7.77 million species of animals on our little planet. Red Pillers (and Evo Psych enthusiasts generally) cherry-pick a tiny handful whose behavior seems to best match with their crude “alphas rule, betas drool” vision of the world. But the mating behavior of many species bears little or no resemblance to what we humans do.

Consider, for example, our fellow social mammal the spotted hyena. Given their infamous aggressiveness, you might assume spotted hyena society to be lorded over by the alpha males who can bite and laugh the hardest. Not exactly. Female spotted hyenas like their men meek. As Wikipedia notes,

Males will show submissive behaviour when approaching females in heat, even if the male outweighs his partner. Females usually favour younger males … Passive males tend to have greater success in courting females than aggressive ones.

Oh, and did I mention that female hyenas have fake dicks?

The mating process is complicated, as the male’s penis enters and exits the female’s reproductive tract through her pseudo-penis rather than directly through the vagina, which is blocked by the false scrotum and testes. These unusual traits make mating more laborious for the male than in other mammals, while also ensuring that rape is physically impossible.

Things get even weirder when we move beyond the mammals. Fenale fiddler crabs may prefer macho lovers with huge … claws. Praying Mantis and Black Widow females like men they can literally eat (though in practice they eat their former lovers far less than the urban legends suggest).

If death at the hands of your insect (or arachnid) lover sounds unappealing, consider the horrific fate faced by male anglerfish after they get jiggy with it in their own weird way. As Wired notes, in many species of anglerfish, those hideously ugly denizens of the very deep,

[f]emales are so large and in charge that the much smaller males don’t even look like [they’re from] the same species. A male will bite onto his lady friend, then fuse his face to her body. He lives the rest of his days like this, releasing sperm when she releases eggs. That little bump at the back of her belly? That’s her husband.

Were Anglerfish capable of producing rom-coms, Wired wryly observes,

Every single movie would go a little something like this: Boy meets girl, boy bites girl, boy’s mouth fuses to girl’s body, boy lives the rest of his life attached to girl sharing her blood and supplying her with sperm. Ah, a tale as old as time.

The Anglerfish: If you like Pina Coladas, and fusing with a much larger female and basically turning into a dangly appendage that provides her with sperm

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/ ... more-29302
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm

http://m1aa.org/?p=1511

On the Student Walkouts

March 17, 2018 By A, First of May Anarchist Alliance – Michigan Collective

Over one million high school students walked out of class on Wednesday, March 14th 2018 in what was the biggest school walk out protests since the Vietnam War. These students have been raised with school shootings being a norm. As they march out of class and into the streets, they defy the police and the school administrations. They defy the whole damn system. They defy the police who confronted them in the streets with the very weapons that are used against them in school shootings. The police who have shot down their brothers and sisters with impunity in and out of school. The police who waited outside while a white supremacist shot up a Florida school. They defy the administration that covered up sexual assault and molestation for decades at Michigan State University. The administrations who called for lockdown drills to keep students from protesting/are now threatening detention and suspension in retaliation. The same administrations who do not stand up against cuts to financial support for poor students. The same administrations who threaten to expel Black student athletes for kneeling during the anthem at sporting events. The same administrations that have allowed overt white supremacists to speak on campuses to further their quest to remove marginalized people from the Earth.

Let’s not mince words, these are racist and sexist attacks. The attacks on young people are almost always by violent, young, white men who feel as though the system is failing them. They are being pushed aside as they continue to matter less and less to the billionaires and corporations who have left them and their families behind for cheap labor elsewhere. Anti-racist, anti-patriarchal, and anti-colonialist social struggles continue to move forward and prosper in the face of extreme state repression, a growing far-right, mainstream disapproval, and cold blooded murder. Because of all this, these white men feel as though they are losing their dominance in amerikkkan society (they are, and that is a good thing). So, what better way to reassert your “dominance” than by holding hundreds of helpless people’s lives in your hands? This is delusional, but so is white power. The attacks usually (obviously) target women and people of color. They cut across communities and happen inside and out of school. Outside of school shootings, the violence these young people face and are opposing is sometimes quick street violence, and sometimes is long term systemic violence (See the end of the first paragraph). Furthermore, if we are to stand with these students who are marching now, and if we are to mean it, we must also stand with the young people who have been protesting for years against racist violence as Black Lives Matter. We seek to further and empower the perspectives and goals of these long-time student organizers who have been spit on for years by the same white liberals who now fully “support” this wave of student resistance.

We, young and old, straight up need to work alongside these brave young people toward building a movement geared toward social revolution and the destruction of patriarchy and white supremacy and the state; one that is strong enough to defend ourselves and our communities. We for real need to watch out and communicate. We as communities should have the power to say that the kid who is posting violent snapchats doesn’t get to have access to firearms. The people capable of creating a social, cultural pivot are these young people who are already determining, through their everyday actions and communication, what the future will hold. They want accountability, they want safety, they want the right to live and love without fear. They embrace technology and new ideas. The democratic party and non-profits will try to co-opt this into a movement with its eyes set on reform, but young people know this does not work. They’ve learned from history. The government, the police, and the administrations are not going to protect us or do this for us; in fact they operate on the same principles that create school shooters. School shooters are trying to recreate this power. When we talk about a school shooting, we need to understand it as an expression of a whole sociality. If we truly want children to be safe in schools, we need deep social transformation — not piecemeal solutions that are themselves expressions of the same oppressive sociality. This is not a fight against guns, this is a fight against the system and its violence. This is a fight for a better world.

We have chosen each other
and the edge of each others battles
the war is the same
if we lose
someday women’s blood will congeal
upon a dead planet
if we win
there is no telling
we seek beyond history
for a new and more possible meeting.”

Audre Lorde
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 pm

There is no such thing as a woman good at sex: Part 1 in a new series, “MGTOWs explain sex”

If a woman moves during sex, she’s probably a slut

By David Futrelle

So today I’d like to present the first post in what I hope will become a long-running series: MGTOWs Explain Sex.

Because who knows sex better than dudes who’ve loudly declared their independence from women but for some reason spend their every waking moment obsessing over them? Who better to turn to for advice on sex than straight dudes who hate women so thoroughly they center their very identity around this hatred?

As you read the first entry in this series, drawn from the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, I think you’ll understand just how valuable their advice can be.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/ ... plain-sex/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:40 am

American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations