Spook Infiltration of Discussion Boards as RI Subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Spook Infiltration of Discussion Boards as RI Subject

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:05 pm

I am too scared to say anything at all about this subject.

Anyway, the CIA cleaned up its act years ago.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Spook Infiltration of Discussion Boards as RI Subject

Postby 82_28 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Then don't say it.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 pm

'*tugs forelock*

(Is it all right to say that the Russians do it? Like, under the leadership of Ras Putin and Dugin?)

Not the CIA
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby dada » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Alright, it was me. I infiltrated this board with ghosts. I did a black mass seance. I'm typing with bloody fingers right now.

Soon you'll all be possessed. Sorry about that. Although, maybe it's better to be possessed by my messing with powers I can't understand, than the social profiling monsters that make you think, vote and buy stuff against your will.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:45 pm

It happens...

The 4 D's.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Of course it happens.

J.
Jerky

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Objectives in the Information Environment
PDFwww.au.af.mil › info-ops › iosphere › io...

http://www.au.af.mil/info-ops/iosphere/ ... manych.pdf
Belligerent Savant

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:22 pm

My comment considers four possible forms of intentional planned disruption of the board by actors who do not present their motives for posting honestly either because they are hired to disrupt or propagandize by third parties, or because they are here to promote their ideological or other agenda but not specifying it and instead doing the golly gee, I'm "just folks" routine - which we have definitely also seen.

Sure, I'm sure hired disruption has happened, (1) in a wholesale way (re-posting shit bot-like), especially in the past before social media was 99.9% of the game. Since that has happened everywhere and constantly for like 20+ years and golly gee, it's even considered the "most important" political issue in the U.S. at the moment. This is not a volume site, so any bot-type disruption at this point is just legacy.

And it has happened (2) freelance, without a doubt, by which I mean the higher species of trolling or ARG for kicks or ideological self-satisfaction. Where is the institutional memory, so to speak? (Recalling the dreamguy-whatever his online tag was affair around Theresa Duncan/Jeremy Blake, an ARG action which was actually just before my own time here.) (2a) We may or may not have an alt-right coven infestation, but it's more likely at least mostly just slow-witted guys who think the feminists and white genocide planners are on their poor poor backs and destroying the West, a common if minority phenomenon nowadays, and they've found themselves here rather than planned in advance to insert themselves. But who knows if it didn't originate through getting together on some other board? (One actually gets nostalgic for the wit of Stephen Morgan.)

As for your obvious idea, (3) a big maybe, because that's a lot of fucking effort for what you're thinking, especially at this late stage of RI traffic history. (Small and stable.) The effort ain't bot action, someone's curating it. Also, shows little adaptive behavior about the unpopularity. Seems to me like the obvious major copypasta campaigns here are prodigious products of personal commitment to Being Right on the Internet. Which is still to say: I don't and can't know, it wouldn't be less annoying either way, it wouldn't be less ineffective anyway.

The usual reason to avoid raising the claim without "proof" (as if you could acquire that) is because it's one of those "tu quoque" (you too!) things that can just be turned around endlessly. And (4), a very common form of disruption, also used in COINTELPRO and dating back to forever, is for the rat to preemptively accuse someone of being the rat, and getting everyone seeing rats everywhere. Which I know you are not doing! Just being comprehensive. But this shows why a direct accusation or usually the implication is forbidden. And anyway, the accusation does get massively overused, and is a staple of several different communities' idea of dealing with discourse that doesn't share their worldview in full. (Have seen several geniuses today thinking those Parkland kids could only be the products of a coordinated action by Bloomberg money, since what kind of motivation could it be just to have a legal gun owner enter your school and murder 17 people and maim a whole bunch more and traumatize you for life?)

Maybe you're right about what you are obviously thinking, and sometimes there have been mod actions on the basis of a pattern rather than proof. I think a limit on copypasta such as requiring it above a certain volume in the data dump (with links-only to the data dump in discussion threads) might help. That might limit the most annoying practice. Or maybe certain members should get their own special sub-forum, which was actually tried with HMW.

I think I'm in before the lock? Hell, I'm editing, it's hours later, still no lock. Maybe this discussion will be allowed to continue.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 pm

The DreamsEnd saga was the first thing that I thought about. There were at least a couple other rumors about a decade ago. Freelance I’m sure.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 82_28 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:01 am

Occam's Razor and empathy must be employed here. A moderator can't just pick and choose who and what gets through due to complaints which invariably must be dealt with while leaving accusers out. Everyone here, that I have read has been posting a long ass fucking time and know the deal. Now that stillrobertpaulsen and I have had this "gig" fall into our laps we have a slightly unenviable role that I actually did not foresee.

First of all, if Mr. Rex, Mr. Barracuda, Mr. Wells etc did not ban or suspend these members in the past then it is most certainly not our job to sabotage the "flow" of the past. We are our own personalities that all of us have grown to "know". We are also all adults. Since you cannot see me, I feel it imperative to be as visible as I was in the past, however, very hindered in expressing how I truly might have reacted without the power to fuck around with people's day to day lives. In other words, I can suspend, ban, lock etc. Like anything in life, I also have the power to drive my car into a crowd of people, scream in the middle of a mall, buy a BB gun and shoot out windows in the middle of the night. All of that is at my fingertips. So, I will apply everything I have ever done in life to moderating here:

Never been in a fight.
Very susceptible to getting sad at the treatment of those who are innocent.
Accusations that an invisible person could never ever adequately admonish themselves from break my heart.
Never ever scare or intimidate another.
See both sides of an issue.
Don't make disagreements so personal that it makes others' wilt inside with no way out.

Then, we must address "copy pasta". This is only a request for the time being. There will never be a heavy hand at all. This can be borne out in the fact that Jeff still fucking pays for this place so we can yammer on about this now. As with anything and anywhere, I will simply treat RI as I did my bar for 15 years. Always a minimal of 86ing and also minimal problems. Simply be cool to one another even when you don't want to. If the bartender asks you to quit shredding drink coasters just do it. Most certainly nothing to be banned from a bar from. But if you keep doing it you're being a dick and are likely to escalate if asked again. The more one must escalate, the more the likelihood of you getting kicked out. So, like a bar, we're here for our own reasons. Use your rigor and use your intuition. If you think someone is a "spook" let them lay it on you. You already know better. If you didn't you would have never wound up here.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:40 am

this thread was started immediately after MacCruiskeen called American Dream a spook for the 50th time and he was told to stop it for the 50th time so it is obvious why this OP exists

MacCruiskeen has never been afraid to say anything......EVER

some people do not like c/p and it is not against the rules to do it

some people do not like being called a spook and it is against the rules to do it

repeatedly calling a member a spook is a really hurtful disgusting putrid rule breaking thing to do

and this thread should be locked we all know what is going on here

Jeff » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm wrote:
- Macruiskeen
- Nordic

It wasn't agent-baiting, so much as incorrigible, vulgar thuggery. I don't care on which side of an argument it's found, it's disruption. Their accounts are currently active, and probationary.

And sincerely, I envy the member who can be surprised by the stupidity occasionally afoot here.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=34&p=342641

It should be assumed that this is a place where the dignity and rights of all people are respected. Members who challenge these rights may be regarded as disruptive, and members who habitually challenge them will be banned.

The charge or insinuation of "disinfo agent" can almost never be proven, and poisons and often ends meaningful discussion. Therefore suggesting a poster is purposefully spreading disinformation is not permitted.

Jeff Wells

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 am

I am pissed off after more allegations of spookery than I can even remember, so my apologies but this shit has got to stop.

The logic of the bullying is to attack the target for everything, including trying to avoid engaging with toxic bullying. I don't like the "Fight Club" ethos that is sustained here in part beacause of desire for a very narrow bandwidth of ideas to prevail. The worst sorts of personal attacks are perpetuated- or simply normalized-because of this, I feel.

If we can bring ourselves much more solidly into the domain of ideas and much less into the realm of personal attacks, this board will begin to get a lot healthier.
American Dream

Postby dada » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:09 am

Just stop fucking copy pasting articles in full, already! Would it kill the two of you to show a shred of human decency here, by acknowledging your fellow posters' grievance, and giving us a break. I mean jesus christ. No one is asking you two to stop sharing articles.

82, please, seriously. Consider making some kind of rule with srp about how many paragraphs of other people's words we're allowed to re-post.

Alright, I had to get that off my chest. If nothing changes, what can I do, I'm not going to stay angry about something so inconsequential.

Listen, and I've given this example before: I make dumb photoshop comics. They upset some people here tremendously. They asked me to stop posting them. So I did. It didn't kill me to change my behavior. It won't kill you, either.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 am

excuse me is this what you are talking about...would it kill you not to make shit up?

do I sound tremendously upset?

did I say
Just stop fucking copy pasting articles in full, already!

no that was your "kind" way of handling things

yes there were about 5 people that took exception to you flooding the image thread....I thought through a personal pm we could handle it

no one ever told you to stop posting images

seemslikeadream wrote:
hi
Sent: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:26 am

To: dada

I was wondering if you would consider the spirit of the image thread that has been going on for 10 years now...it is really a place were people come together forget their differences and conflicts and just post really interesting images with no words or captions ...I messed up one time in all these years and brought a personal grudge into the thread and I have regretted it ever since and I wish I could edit it out but it is too late....I hope you will receive this suggestion in the spirit it is given ...we just need a safe place here to come together... enjoy ...have a break.....that is what that thread is about ...could you consider helping me out with this? I would appreciate it if you could help continue the safe place as it was intended.

:hug1:
SLaD
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 am

dada, I have been making a strong effort to do exactly what you are currently asking for- please check my posting history and I think you will see that the majority of my posts now are excerpts, with links to the original. Sometimes- especially when the content being reproduced is very short and/or pithy this doesn't make sense- but really, I am already doing this.

dada » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 am wrote:Just stop fucking copy pasting articles in full, already! Would it kill the two of you to show a shred of human decency here, by acknowledging your fellow posters' grievance, and giving us a break. I mean jesus christ. No one is asking you two to stop sharing articles.
American Dream

Next

Return to FIRE PIT