Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Assange Amazing Adventures of Captain Neo in Blonde Land

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Burnt Hill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm wrote:For many of us it was pretty clear from the beginning what PG was not.

liminalOyster wrote:Not so crazy IMHO and certainly not so in that moment when less was clear about PG than is now.

No doubt. And I felt it was reasonably clear from day one too. But I have a lot of space to restore my respect for someone who may have taken it seriously in the first few weeks because of Epstein and/or the basic denial of elite pedophilia, etc. And especially if they've long since accepted it for the absurdity it was. Which I believe she has, but may be wrong.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 pm

That's fair, and generous on your part.
Always apprehensive of a rosy forecast though!
:cheers:
Burnt Hill

Postby Jerky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm

And what it was, as well.

Hey, I remember a time when there was a substantial portion of the participants here who believed there was an "elite" pedophile cannibal Satanist child sacrifice ring operating out of a church (and a McDonald's) in Hampstead UK. That doesn't mean that believing such hogwash wasn't utterly idiotic, and a sign of profound mental illness.

J.

Burnt Hill » 17 Feb 2018 01:36 wrote:For many of us it was pretty clear from the beginning what PG was not.

liminalOyster wrote:Not so crazy IMHO and certainly not so in that moment when less was clear about PG than is now.
Jerky

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Jerky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm wrote:And what it was, as well.

Hey, I remember a time when there was a substantial portion of the participants here who believed there was an "elite" pedophile cannibal Satanist child sacrifice ring operating out of a church (and a McDonald's) in Hampstead UK. That doesn't mean that believing such hogwash wasn't utterly idiotic, and a sign of profound mental illness.

J.

Burnt Hill » 17 Feb 2018 01:36 wrote:For many of us it was pretty clear from the beginning what PG was not.

Even conservative sociologists of conspiracy theory rarely invoke mental illness, profound or otherwise, as an explanatory feature. Most of them reiterate that it is primarily perfectly "sane" people who come to believe things that are almost certainly not true. In my experience, it is much more often pundits, ideologues and spooks who point to "mental illness" as an explanation for collective delusions that resemble classic folk panics, as #pizzagate seemed to in looking at most of its true believers.
liminalOyster

Lean on me

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Recognizing the veils and neuroses we create and share that prevent us from seeing and experiencing truth seems a worthy pursuit.
America is a mentally ill nation right now. PG was a clear expression of that illness.
Being aware of the signs of mental illness is gaining importance nationally at this very moment.
Burnt Hill

Postby Jerky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks for rebutting LimnalOyster, Burnt Hill. The best possible response.

J.
Jerky

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 am

I had a feeling. :basicsmile
Burnt Hill

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 am

Roger Stone reportedly told allies about WikiLeaks' Clinton-targeting emails well before they were leaked

3rd source
Just in: Director @morganpehme confirms Trump ally Roger Stone was trying to contact Julian Assange in 2016:

Roger Stone Knew in Advance About the Stolen Emails. Did He Tell Trump?

Jonathan Chait@jonathanchaitMarch 13, 2018 8:55 am

It will soon be Roger Stone’s time in the barrel. Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Yesterday, Donald Trump’s House Republican allies announced that they had found no evidence that Donald Trump’s campaign had colluded with Russia. And yet the considerable body of public evidence to the contrary continues to grow. Today, the Washington Post reports that Trump’s friend and informal adviser Roger Stone had advance knowledge that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had obtained stolen emails from John Podesta. Two sources — one of whom is Sam Nunberg, and the other of whom is not named — tell the Post that Stone knew about the email hack before it was publicly disclosed.

Stone had teased his knowledge of the hacks repeatedly. His now-suspended Twitter account enthralled his audience during the campaign by promising, “Trust me, it will soon [be] the Podesta’s time in the barrel. #CrookedHillary,” “I have total confidence that @wikileaks and my hero Julian Assange will educate the American people soon #LockHerUp,” and “Payload coming. #Lockthemup.”

Perhaps recognizing the legal danger he placed himself in, Stone has since denied having had any direct contact with Assange, and has implausibly cast his remarks as mere speculation. Last September, according to the ranking Democrat on the committee, Stone refused to answer a direct question from the House Intelligence Committee about his contacts with WikiLeaks.

The Post story makes it clear that Stone’s implausible public story and reported refusal to testify in Congress are a cover story because he is an accessory after the fact to Russian-orchestrated email theft. Stone denies the account of both sources. If Stone, who has gleefully cultivated a reputation as a dirty trickster, has to deny a charge, you know it’s serious.

The Post’s story does not speculate about whether Stone shared his knowledge with other Trump campaign officials, including Donald Trump himself. It would be stunning and bizarre if he did not. Stone held an official role in the Trump campaign, but departed his official role in August 2015 on what he later called “excellent terms.” Later in August, Stone was characteristically cagey about his contacts with the candidate. “Asked if he had spoken with Mr. Trump since they apparently went their separate ways, Mr. Stone said: ‘I would rather not say. I still consider him a friend, and think he still considers me a friend; let’s just leave it at that,’” reported the New York Times.

Soon after, Stone grew less hesitant to tout his access to Trump. “We’re on cordial terms. We talk. … We talk on the phone from time to time,” he told TPM in September. In a April 2016 Politico interview, he described more about his relationship with Trump, and repeatedly emphasized his close ties with Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. “By turning to Paul Manafort, who’s a former partner of mine, a very skilled guy … by going to Manafort, I think that Donald has made an excellent selection.” In May, he told Jeffrey Toobin he speaks with Trump “now and then.” In August, he told C-span, “I have no formal nor informal role but I do have access to all the right people.” In October, he boasted of “firing off long memos to the Donald once or twice a week.”

During all these conversations, when Stone was jockeying for access and favor with the candidate, what are the odds he did not disclose the delicious secret he had obtained? It is impossible to believe that, after Donald Trump Jr. and other high-ranking campaign officials met in Trump Tower with a Russian agent who promised them dirt on Hillary Clinton, Donald Jr. did not excitedly tell his father about his impending coup. It is even more difficult to believe Stone did not share what he had learned months earlier.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trump.html

WaPo: Roger Stone had contact with Assange in 2016

Roger Stone distances himself from Nunberg
Washington (CNN)Former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone told associates he was in contact with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in 2016, according to a new report by The Washington Post, which cites two sources.

An unnamed source told the Post that Stone had a phone conversation with Assange in the spring of 2016. Ahead of any public knowledge about Democratic email leaks, Stone told the source he had learned WikiLeaks had obtained emails from the Democratic National Committee and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta.

During the campaign, Stone said in interviews and speeches that he was in touch with WikiLeaks, and he posted tweets in October 2016 that seemingly predicted the Podesta leaks. The Washington Post report suggests that in addition to these public statements, Stone was even more candid in private conversations about ties to WikiLeaks.

Sam Nunberg, the Trump associate who went on a national media spree last week saying he would not comply with special counsel Robert Mueller's demand to hand over his emails pertaining to the campaign (he later backed down), also told the Post that Stone had contact with Assange in 2016.
On CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" Monday night, Nunberg said that Stone -- who he has called a mentor -- was "a subject" in the special counsel's investigation.
"I think it's pretty obvious that they're asking me about Roger Stone and Julian Assange," Nunberg said, later adding, "At the very least, he is a subject."

Stone, who briefly served as a Trump campaign adviser early in the race, has denied contact with Assange despite earlier public claims that he's spoken with him, and WikiLeaks has said it has never been in contact with Stone. The Atlantic reported in February, however, that Stone and WikiLeaks did exchange private, direct messages on Twitter, according to the Atlantic.
In November, CNN reported that Stone was in contact with New York radio personality Randy Credico, who Stone referred to as the intermediary between him and Assange, according to sources familiar with the situation. Stone insisted there was nothing untoward about their conversation. Credico has interviewed Assange and visited him in person.
Stone told the Post on Monday that he only recalled one conversation alluding to meeting with Assange, which he said he told Nunberg as a passing joke.

"I said, 'I think I will go to London for the weekend and meet with Julian Assange.' It was a joke, a throwaway line to get him off the phone. The idea that I would meet with Assange undetected is ridiculous on its face," Stone told the Post.

Stone also tweeted ominous messages ahead of leaks, including one that said "Payload coming. #Lockthemup" two days before WikiLeaks published a trove of Podesta's emails.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics ... index.html

Report: Roger Stone claimed he spoke to Julian Assange in 2016

Roger Stone speaks to reporters at the Capitol right after appearing before the House Intelligence Committee. Photo: Mark Wilson / Getty Images

Political operative Roger Stone, an informal adviser to the Trump campaign, told two of his associates in 2016 that he'd been in touch with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, per the Washington Post. An anonymous Stone associate cited in the report — the other is Sam Nunberg — claimed that Stone discussed hacked emails from the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta in Assange's possession in the spring of 2016.

Why it matters: If the claims about Stone are true, he would have known about the hacked DNC and Podesta emails — which the U.S. intelligence community determined came via a Russian hack — months before their eventual release by WikiLeaks later in the summer and fall of 2016.

Nunberg said Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team asked him to describe a conversation he had with Stone in 2016, in which Stone claimed he met with Assange.
Stone's response, provided to WashPost: "I wish him no ill will, but Sam can manically and persistently call you ... I said, 'I think I will go to London for the weekend and meet with Julian Assange.' It was a joke, a throwaway line to get him off the phone. The idea that I would meet with Assange undetected is ridiculous on its face."
More Stone: "The allegation that I met with Assange, or asked for a meeting or communicated with Assange is provably false."
Stone says he never left the country in 2016.
https://www.axios.com/roger-stone-julia ... 50703.html

Sam Nunberg and another witness told Mueller that Roger Stone met with Julian Assange in 2016

Roger Stone spoke to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange as early as spring 2016, according to two witnesses in the special counsel probe.

The Republican “dirty trickster” and former Trump campaign adviser told Sam Nunberg and another associate about his contacts with Assange, contradicting their public denials, and both of those associates told Robert Mueller and his investigators, reported the Washington Post.

Nunberg gave an on-the-record interview to the newspaper about his testimony Monday, the same day Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee issued a one-page statement claiming their own probe had found no evidence of Trump-Russia collusion.

President Donald Trump then issued an all-caps statement on Twitter trumpeting the GOP lawmakers’ statement.

The other Stone associate spoke to the Post on the condition of anonymity.

Nunberg, who testified Friday and admitted afterward the Mueller probe was “warranted” because there’e “something there,” said Stone told him that he had met with Assange, and he then told the special counsel.

Another associate told Mueller that Stone revealed in spring 2016 that Assange told him that WikiLeaks had obtained emails that would torment top Democrats such as John Podesta, then campaign chairman for Hillary Clinton.

“The conversation occurred before it was publicly known that hackers had obtained the emails of Podesta and of the Democratic National Committee, documents which WikiLeaks released in late July and October,” the Post reported. “The U.S. intelligence community later concluded the hackers were working for Russia.”

Stone and Assange have denied communicating with one another, and the GOP operative has denied advance knowledge of the WikiLeaks document dumps — which he sometimes appeared to foreshadow on social media.

He reiterated his denials Monday to the Post, saying his comments to Nunberg were intended as a joke.

“I wish him no ill will, but Sam can manically and persistently call you,” Stone said. “I said, ‘I think I will go to London for the weekend and meet with Julian Assange.’ It was a joke, a throwaway line to get him off the phone. The idea that I would meet with Assange undetected is ridiculous on its face.’”
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/sam-nu ... ange-2016/

Barry Pollack, a lawyer for Julian Assange, leaves law firm Miller & Chevalier as Mueller probe heats up

Lawyer for Assange Leaves Miller & Chevalier as Mueller Probe Heats Up
Barry Pollack, who said he is also representing a client in connection with the Robert Mueller investigation, quietly left Miller & Chevalier to join Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber as a partner.

By Ryan Lovelace | UPDATEDMar 13, 2018 at 03:00 PM

Barry Pollack Barry Pollack. Photo: Diego M. Radzinschi/ALM
Barry Pollack, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s Washington, D.C.-based attorney, has left Miller & Chevalier for a smaller boutique law firm and is representing an unnamed client involved in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

“I am representing someone with respect to the Mueller probe,” said Pollack, who is now a partner at Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber. “The representation is not public at this point,” he said.

Pollack said Assange, whose organization in 2016 released troves of Democratic Party emails stolen by Russian hackers, has not been contacted by Mueller’s office thus far. Pollack said he is representing Assange only in relation to an ongoing criminal investigation in the Eastern District of Virginia. He gave no hints as to who he was representing in connection with Mueller’s investigation.
Last month rumor spread that former Trump campaign official Richard Gates had retained Pollack, following a report in The Daily Beast. Pollack told The National Law Journal he did talk to Gates about representing him at trial, before Gates ultimately pleaded guilty, but he was never retained.

“I had spoken to Mr. Gates about the possibility of representing him at trial if he was not able to resolve the case through a plea,” Pollack said. “Obviously, ultimately he decided that he did want to resolve the case through a guilty plea, and so there was no need for me as trial counsel. When I had spoken with him it was about the potential of representing him at trial, if [Sidley Austin senior counsel] Tom Green was not able to get a plea deal for him that he thought was in his best interest to take.”

Pollack added, “I have not spoken with anybody else [besides Gates] who has been charged or is in a position where they’re looking for trial counsel with respect to that investigation.”

The timing of Pollack’s exit from Miller & Chevalier follows a familiar path for attorneys with clients in Mueller’s crosshairs. Kevin Downing, a defense lawyer for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, left Miller & Chevalier last year, with the firm citing a client conflict. Downing has continued to represent Manafort, who has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.

Pollack gave no indication that he was also leaving Miller & Chevalier because of conflict issues. He said he wanted to join Robbins Russell because he thinks his practice brings trial-level criminal work that is a better fit for the firm. Pollack said Miller & Chevalier had a number of practice areas that were not necessary to support his work.

“I had been at Miller Chevalier for a little over nine years, and it is an excellent firm, but it has grown,” Pollack said. “Robbins Russell is more of a litigation boutique: A little bit smaller and just a very high-end litigation firm, and a firm that I feel like I can really be part of the next generation at that firm and that’s an exciting opportunity.”

Robbins Russell counts 35 attorneys on its website, including Pollack, while Miller & Chevalier has little more than 100 lawyers in its ranks.

Pollack also said he will continue to represent Assange while working as partner at Robbins Russell, but he will do so though his own independent firm, not through his new firm. Pollack said Robbins Russell did not want to take on Assange’s representation “for a variety of client and other reasons,” but he said the firm also did not want to interfere with Pollack’s relationship with Assange.

Pollack said his independent representation of Assange is unique to the controversial WikiLeaks founder.

“There are not presently other clients that fall in that same category [as Assange], but part of the idea of establishing my own firm is that if there are representations that I want to take on that for whatever reason Robbins Russell does not, it would give me the flexibility to do that,” Pollack said.

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/ ... 0213154931
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Ecuador stops Assange communicating from its London embassy

Quito (AFP) - Ecuador on Wednesday said it has stopped Julian Assange's ability to communicate to the outside world from its London embassy, where the WikiLeaks founder has been holed up since 2012.

The decision was taken because the Australian had broken a 2017 promise to not interfere in other country's affairs while in the mission, an Ecuadorian government statement said.

It came after Assange on Monday used Twitter to challenge Britain's accusation that Russia was responsible for the March 4 nerve agent poisoning of a Russian former double agent in the English city of Salisbury.

He also questioned the decision by Britain and more than 20 countries to retaliate against the poisoning by expelling Russian diplomats deemed spies.

The comments prompted a British Foreign Office minister, Alan Duncan, to brand Assange a "miserable little worm" who should leave the embassy to turn himself over to British authorities.

Assange, 46, has spent much of his time in his small room in the embassy tweeting and at times contributing to RT, a Russian state-owned television channel that broadcasts Kremlin messaging, as well as taking part in media conferences via video link.

In 2016, Ecuador briefly suspended his internet connection for posting documents online that were seen as having an impact on the US presidential election from which Donald Trump emerged the victor.

In May 2017, Ecuadorian President Lenin Moreno asked Assange to refrain from commenting on a separatist crisis in Spain over that country's Catalonia region, after he tweeted that Madrid was guilty of "repression."

- Extradition fear -

Assange took refuge in the diplomatic mission in 2012 after a British judge ruled he should be extradited to Sweden to face allegations of sexual assault there.

Assange claims the accusations were politically motivated and could lead to him being extradited to the United States to face imprisonment over WikiLeaks' publication of secret US military documents and diplomatic cables in 2010.

Sweden dropped its investigation last year, but British authorities say they still want to arrest him for breaching his bail conditions.

Ecuador in December made Assange an Ecuadorian citizen and unsuccessfully tried to register him as a diplomat with immunity as part of its efforts to have the WikiLeaks founder leave the embassy without risk of being detained.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ecuador-stop ... 29393.html
Jerky

Postby Harvey » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Live 'Online Vigil' for Assange. At the time of posting Ray Mcgovern and Lee Camp chatting. Great stuff:

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Jerky » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:55 am

Having recently watched six hours of "Wild Wild Country" on Netflix, I noticed some distinct similarities in the demeanors and behaviors of the OSHO cultists in that documentary and the Wikileak cultists in the above video.

It's chilling to see the unvarnished, giggling, wide-eyed hero worship on display here - especially combined with the rhetoric being spewed by them (which is, at every single point, precisely that which you would expect them to say IF everything I've ever written about Assange and wikileaks here at Rig Int was 100 percent true). Pro-Russia, pro-Putin, anti-Democratic, Deep State paranoid, pro Catalan independence movement (LOL), etc, etc, ad nauseum.

J.
Jerky

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am

Yeah yeah, as if you watched it. Easy bullshit to sling.

They struck me as serious, rational, dedicated. You can disagree with them on the politics, leave aside the ad hom bullshit.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:11 pm

JackRiddler » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am wrote:Yeah yeah, as if you watched it. Easy bullshit to sling.

They struck me as serious, rational, dedicated. You can disagree with them on the politics, leave aside the ad hom bullshit.

I find it genuinely interesting to watch as the florid and dismissive ad-hom hyperbole by which the so-called "left" has long caricatured the republicans is now being used against a whole new bloc that may or may not include myself on a bad day.

And I find the underlying comic-book whisper - Assange is a Russian spook tricking simple-minded and maybe mentally ill Leftists into promoting fake populist movements in Spain, the US and Britain - does little more than transform the working class [of Spain, the US and Britain] into the enemies of (or at least, a threat to) stability/progress and so, by proxy, the People.

edit: worth clarifying that I'm opposed to Trump, Brexit and Catalan independence. Duh. But I do think they're a politically flexible working class base to those movements that is being scapegoated and erased, probably most so with Brexit.
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Catalan independence was of little concern to me until the vote and the Spanish state's jackbooted response, massive physical assaults on the people and suspension of democracy and human rights. This was then turned into an EU-wide policy. Now I don't see how anyone could not see that as the definitive evil and support the struggle against it, including, if it comes to that, the victory of the independence movement.

You shouldn't have to caveat every comment with protestations that you are not a Putin dupe. This is exactly the kind of wasteful friction the propaganda is designed to create. Fuck that. I don't have to apologize for Russian politics, I never supported it, and it is peripheral to the homegrown repressive and racist politics being presented as liberal or democratic in the EU-US Newspeak. Jerky won't apologize for adopting the Alexander-Pompeo (NSA-CIA) view of Wikileaks, or protest that he doesn't support them, even though that's more relevant here.

This is absolutely the Cold War anti-communism revived, except worse, more incoherent, perhaps even more dangerous because of the very high chaos factor and serious crisis of capitalism.

Really, the limited Western/liberal sympathy the Greeks got in 2015 was thanks to it still being early in the process of demonizing Putin. If that had happened today, you might even see Sanders felt forced to approve the idea that Athenians marching were influenced through Twitter in a Russian plot to undermine the beautiful EU and of course needed to be suppressed as a matter of Western security.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Jerky » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Did YOU watch all nine fucking hours?

Are you saying I had to do so in order to make the observations that I did, which I stand by? Because I certainly DID watch more than enough of it to raise the suspicions that it did and make the observations of their cult-like behaviors.

J.

JackRiddler » 29 Mar 2018 14:57 wrote:Yeah yeah, as if you watched it. Easy bullshit to sling.

Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion