Ding Dong, the Witch is dead! BPB Bush first lady gone!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ding Dong, the Witch is dead! BPB Bush first lady gone!

Postby Grizzly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ding Dong, the Witch is dead! BPB Bush first lady gone!

Postby overcoming hope » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Barbara was only the second woman in U.S. History to be both married to a president and have a son that was a president. Not too shabby!
overcoming hope

Postby norton ash » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm sure Barbara knew an awful lot of things.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby SonicG » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 am

She looked ancient as First Lady...Certainly never made a peep...But indeed, she knew quite a lot one must suppose...

"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Grizzly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:50 am

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/a-visit-with-barbara-bush/558362/
Barbara Bush Changed With Her Country

The former first lady was notably eager to learn about people she didn’t understand—and recognize she might have been wrong about them.

Maybe you guys/gals can get through it... I couldn't.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby SonicG » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 am

Scratch that never made a peep...How soon we forget...

"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 am

I hate to celebrate any death. But I will shed no tears on this one.

That Freso State teacher would have gotten away with her statement, but she followed it up with some asshole gloating that should get her fired. Giving out the suicide hotline number as contact info is such a combination of irresponsible and trolling that yes, she deserves to lose her job.

The Washington Post

After calling Barbara Bush an ‘amazing racist,’ a professor taunts critics: ‘I will never be fired’
by Cleve R. Wootson Jr. and Herman Wong April 19 at 11:33 PM Email the author
4:00
Fresno State provost responds after professor calls Barbara Bush ‘amazing racist’

Fresno State Provost Lynnette Zelezny held a news conference April 18 after a tenured professor tweeted that Barbara Bush was an “amazing racist." (Fresno State)

In the hours after Barbara Bush died Tuesday, even those who didn’t share the former first lady’s political views expressed their condolences and recounted warm memories of the Bush family matriarch.

Former president Bill Clinton, the man who once campaigned against her husband, called Bush “a remarkable woman” with “grit & grace, brains & beauty.” Another former president, Barack Obama, said she had “humility and decency that reflects the very best of the American spirit.”

But a creative writing professor at California State University at Fresno had a blunt message for those offering up fond remembrances:

“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal,” Randa Jarrar wrote Tuesday night on Twitter, according to the Fresno Bee.

In another tweet, the professor wrote: “I’m happy the witch is dead. can’t wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million iraqis have. byyyeeeeeee.”

Jarrar’s words — and others that she used as she argued with critics for hours during an overnight tweetstorm — sparked a backlash that would soon prompt the university to distance itself from her remarks.

School officials also said they were reviewing the tenured professor’s position, and the university’s president and provost have rebuked Jarrar.

More than 2,000 people had replied to Jarrar before she made her Twitter account private, the Bee reported.

Some were upset at what they viewed as her incivility about a woman widely regarded as genteel.

For others, the sin was more basic: She had spoken ill of the dead.

Jarrar pointed to the comments as an example of “what it’s like to be an Arab American Muslim American woman with some clout online expressing an opinion.”

“Look at the racists going crazy in my mentions right now,” she tweeted.

The professor taunted those attacking her, sharing a contact number that was that of Arizona State University’s suicide hotline, and said she was a tenured professor who makes $100,000 a year.

“I will never be fired,” she tweeted.

Enraged, some people tagged Fresno State and the institution’s president, Joseph Castro, demanding that the professor be fired.

Jarrar laughed at them.

“LOL let me help you. You should tag my president @JosephlCastro. What I love about being an American professor is my right to free speech, and what I love about Fresno State is that I always feel protected and at home here,” Jarrar wrote. “GO BULLDOGS!”

On Wednesday, Castro told the Bee that Jarrar’s comments were “beyond free speech. This was disrespectful.”

“A professor with tenure does not have blanket protection to say and do what they wish,” he said. “We are all held accountable for our actions.”

Jarrar is on leave of absence and is not teaching any courses on campus during the current semester, a university spokeswoman told the Visalia Times Delta on Wednesday.

The professor did not respond to a request for comment.

As the controversy swirled, Fresno City College said Jarrar had dropped out as the featured reader at an upcoming literary festival. Jarrar had been scheduled to headline LitHop on Saturday but informed organizers this week that she was withdrawing, the college said.

“While we respect the right to free speech, even objectionable speech, Jarrar’s statements are her own and do not reflect the values of LitHop or Fresno City College,” the statement said. “We acknowledge the severity of her statements and take very seriously the concerns expressed throughout the community. The safety of each individual, including Jarrar’s, and all members of the LitHop and Fresno City College community is our paramount concern. We do not support violence or threats on social media or elsewhere; rather, we value civil discourse and look forward to the necessary healing ahead.”

At a news conference Wednesday, Fresno State Provost Lynnette Zelezny said the university had put in place “additional security,” a common action, she said, “when we feel that there’s a spotlight on us.”

Fresno State originally responded to the controversy with a statement by Castro that said Jarrar’s words were “obviously contrary to the core values of our University” but that they “were made as a private citizen.”

On Wednesday, on talk-radio station KMJ, the university president told host Ray Appleton: “I want all of your listeners to know that I condemn the tone, substance and timing of Dr. Jarrar’s comments on Twitter last night. I want that to be unambiguous. And how do I feel? I was shocked, upset, appalled just like everybody else.”

A day later, the school issued another statement, in which Castro declared that “academic freedom is at the core of our University, something we promote and practice every day in our teaching, research and public service. I am a fervent supporter of academic freedom and its underlying principles, as defined by the First Amendment. This is the essence of our democracy.

“I recognize that in the exercise of free speech rights, individuals may present personal opinions in a provocative manner, and I also value the First Amendment rights of individuals, even when others may find the speech unpleasant and inappropriate.”

But in a video shared on Fresno State’s Twitter account Thursday, Castro reiterated that he was upset by Jarar’s remarks, and added: “I think it’s very important for us to condemn that part of what was done and said.”

Zeleny, the provost, called Jarrar’s comments “deeply disrespectful” and said the school’s administration is taking the matter “very seriously,” KMJ reported.

Fresno State also noted that its flags were flying at half-staff.

Flags are at half-staff today in memory of former First Lady Barbara Bush. Our deepest condolences to the Bush family. pic.twitter.com/ARdj2W8OQL
— Fresno State (@Fresno_State) April 18, 2018

The Fresno State College Republicans said they were “outraged” by Jarrar’s “reprehensible” and “completely irresponsible” remarks, which, they said, were “yet another example of intolerance that we have seen at other universities around the country.”

The California College Republicans said they would hold a memorial for Bush on the Fresno State campus and invited Jarrar to attend.

Others incensed by Jarrar’s remarks found other ways to strike back.

The rating on the Amazon.com page for her books took a precipitous drop after they received a slew of bad reviews in the wake of her comments. “Prosaic, poorly-written, poor grammar, incoherent,” one reviewer said. “Will make for expensive toilet paper.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, the author, who is in her late 30s, was born in the United States to Palestinian and Egyptian parents and has lived in the Persian Gulf region and Cairo and on the East Coast.

She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College with a degree in creative writing before earning a postgraduate degree in Middle Eastern studies from the University of Texas at Austin and a master’s of fine arts from the University of Michigan, according to the Fresno Bee.

Her books include “A Map of Home” and her debut collection of short stories, “Him, Me, Muhammad Ali,” about mostly female characters who are “all of Middle Eastern descent and all deviate from the usual perceptions many Americans have about Arab women,” according to the Times.

The last review of Jarrar on RateMyProfessors.com was in December 2017, in which the commenter said that Jarrar taught an “amazing class” and that the professor was “super caring and funny, always encouraging us to write more.”

Amid the barrage of criticism, some defended Jarrar.

Jasmine Leiva, a Fresno State graduate, tweeted that “@randajarrar is a gem and @fresno_state is honestly so lucky to have her on staff. She cares about her students, is wildly talented, and told no lies.” (Leiva later made her Twitter account private.)

As critics slammed Jarrar, the points she made about Bush were still reverberating across the Internet.

She brought up, for example, the former first lady’s statements about the mostly black evacuees taking refuge in Houston’s Astrodome during Hurricane Katrina.

Bush made statements that many viewed as insensitive after her son George W. Bush’s administration was criticized for its slow response to Katrina in 2005, according to The Washington Post’s obituary. Barbara Bush told the public radio program “Marketplace” that the evacuees who had fled their homes and were being sheltered in Houston’s Astrodome “were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.”

On Wednesday, the contact page on Jarrar’s website said: “I do not read or respond to messages about Barbara Bush.” Next to the message was a heart emoji.

But Jarrar did return to Twitter briefly Wednesday, according to the Bee.

“I’m still fabulous, thanks for checking in. Love to all of you who have sent support,” she tweeted.

Her account, @randajarrar, was still set to private as of Thursday evening.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Grizzly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 am

As noted, above, I'm normally one who doesn't talk ill of the dead. Or celebrating ANYONE'S death. But this CERTAIN breed of cabal of cut-throat jackals has lead me -over time-, to honestly say, I'd defecate shit on her grave. These psychopaths are so removed from reality of their surfs and the harm done by their actions. They have ZERO RESPECT from me. THEY LOVE DEATH, AND I ENJOY HEARING ABOUT THEIRS. I WISH THE WHOLE FAMILY pestilence and misfortune. And can't wait for their rein and epoch of megalomania, death destruction and indifference to be over. The world will be a kinder gentler place* without them.

That would be prudent.

*"kinder gentler place" spoken by this tyrant, HW Bush, in one of his decrees, is sickening. I hope he's soon to follow.

p.s. I'd love to hear from Jello Biafra on this Sunny spring morning, about this news... :evilgrin

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Unfortunately, for every beast that goes down, another rises. We can only pursue kinder, gentler by example, locally. In time, local sentiment may extend outward, but that's hopelessly idealistic.

Greed and power will not die at an individual level. It dies when it is no longer deemed necessary. Perhaps when humans are no more.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:48 am

Jeez, guys.

She wasn't THAT bad, all things considered. She said a couple of stupid things - most likely worsened by frustration and/or fatigue at the time - but no human being deserves to have their entire lives judged on one or two stupid utterances. I'd like to think we're all allowed a few mistakes, as human beings.

And I know her work with AIDS charities might not seem like much now (and thanks to the idiots behind South Park, could even be seen as trendy bullshit), but at the time when she was photographed hugging and loving on children and cradling babies with full blown AIDS (not just HIV), it was downright revolutionary. And courageous. And beautiful.

Say whatever you want about a person when they're making their mistakes, but now that she's passed on, it's no longer our place to judge her.

J.
Jerky

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

APRIL 20, 2018
Roaming Charges: Mother of War
by JEFFREY ST. CLAIR FacebookTwitterGoogle+RedditEmail

Photo by David Valdez | CC BY 2.0

So Barbara Bush, the matriarch of a dismal and bloody era of American politics, died this week. Predictably, in death she is being hailed as a feminist, a humanist, a doyenne of literacy, a moderating force on the viciousness of the neocons and racists who populated the White Houses of her husband and son. That’s not the way I recalled her, in my brief biography of her son George W., “High Plains Grifter,” published in Grand Theft Pentagon: Tales of Corruption and Profiteering in the War on Terror. Here, then, is my shot at revising the revisionists…

Start from the beginning. George W. Bush wasn’t born a cowboy. He entered the world in New Haven, Connecticut, hallowed hamlet of Yale. His bloodlines include two presidents and a US senator. The cowboy act came later, when he was famously re-birthed, with spurs on his boots, tea in his cup and the philosophical tracts of Jesus of Nazareth on his night table. Bush is a pure-blooded WASP, sired by a man who would later become the nation’s chief spook, a man frequently called upon to clean up the messes left by apex crooks in his own political party, including his own entanglements (and those of his sons) with the more noirish aspects of life. His grandfather was a US senator and Wall Street lawyer, who shamelessly represented American corporations as they did business with the Nazi death machine. Old Prescott narrowly escaped charges of treason. But those were different times, when trading with the enemy was viewed as, at the very least, unseemly.

His mother, Barbara, is a bitter and grouchy gorgon, who must have frightened her own offspring as they first focused their filmy eyes onto her stern visage. She is a Pierce, a descendent of Franklin, the famously incompetent president, patron of Nathaniel Hawthorne and avowed racist, who joined in a bizarre cabal to overthrow Abraham Lincoln. (For more on this long neglected episode in American history check out Charles Higham’s excellent book Murdering Mr. Lincoln.)

Understandably, George Sr. spent much of his time far away from Barbara Bush’s icy boudoir, indulging in a discreet fling or two while earning his stripes as a master of the empire, leaving juvenile George to cower under the unstinting commands of his cruel mother, who his younger brother Jeb dubbed “the Enforcer.” This woman’s veins pulse with glacial melt. According to Neil Bush, his mother was devoted to corporal punishment and would “slap around” the Bush children. She was known in the family as “the one who instills fear.” She still does…with a global reach.

How wicked is Barbara Bush? Well, she refused to attend her own mother’s funeral. And the day after her five-year old daughter Robin died of leukemia Barbara Bush was in a jolly enough mood to spend the afternoon on the golf course. Revealingly, Mrs. Bush kept Robin’s terminal illness a secret from young George, a stupid and cruel move which provided one of the early warps to his psyche.

Her loathsome demeanor hasn’t lightened much over the years. Refresh you memory with this quote on Good Morning America, dismissing the escalating body count of American soldiers in Iraq. “Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many,” the Presidential Mother snapped. “It’s not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?”

Even Freud might have struggled with this case study. Imagine young George the Hysteric on Siggy’s couch in the curtained room on Berggasse 19. The analysand doesn’t enunciate; he mumbles and sputters in non-sequential sentence fragments. His quavering voice a whiny singsong. The fantasy has to be teased out. It’s grueling work. But finally Freud puts it all together. This lad doesn’t want to fuck his mother. Not this harridan. Not this boy. He wants to kill her and chuckle in triumph over the corpse. Oh, dear. This doesn’t fit the Oedipal Complex, per se. But it explains so much of George the Younger’s subsequent behavior. (See his cold-blooded chuckling over the state murder of Karla Faye Tucker.)

Perhaps, Freud isn’t the right shrink for Bush, after all. Maybe the president’s pathology is better understood through the lens of Freud’s most gifted and troubled protégé, Wilhelm Reich. (I commend to your attention Dr. Reich’s neglected masterpiece Listen, Little Man.) Sadly, we cannot avail ourselves of psychological exegises of either Freud or Reich. So Justin Frank, the disciple of Melanie Klein, will have to substitute. In the spirit of his mentor, Frank, author of Bush on the Couch, zeroes in on the crucial first five years of W’s existence, where three factors loom over all others: an early trauma, an absent father and an abusive mother. It is a recipe for the making of a dissociated megalomaniac. Add in a learning disability (dyslexia) and a brain bruised by booze and coke and you have a pretty vivid portrait of the Bush psyche.

With this stern upbringing, is it really surprising that Bush evidenced early signs of sadism? As a teenager he jammed firecrackers in the orifices of frogs and snickered as he blew them to bits. A few years later, as president of the DKE frathouse at Yale, Bush instituted a branding on the ass-crack as an initiation ritual. Young pledges were seared with a red-hot wire clothes hanger. One victim complained to the New Haven police, who raided the frathouse. The story was covered-up for several decades until it surfaced in Bush’s first run for governor of Texas. He laughed at the allegations, writing the torture off as little more than “a cigarette burn.”
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Cordelia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 pm

The other day, I was surprised at being surprised to hear NPR Yes-Boy Joshua Johnson wrap up his program w/a tribute to Barbara Bush, and even more surprised that I lapped it up, thinking maybe she wasn't so bad after all....she was very articulate (her service & dedication to furthering literacy), she'd lost a child (automatic free pass), was 'adored' (or did the interviewee say 'abhorred'?) by White House residential staff, was reconciled about dying (wise & mature), but when she referred to her 'precious' George, the Spell was broken.

Can't embed this, but fwiw, 6 minutes,..........

Remembering Barbara Bush

Wednesday, Apr 18 2018 • 11:50 a.m. (ET)

https://the1a.org/shows/2018-04-18/reme ... rbara-bush

Joshua Johnson, 1-A

She wasn't her husband and how can anyone who doesn't know, or even met someone remotely know who s/he is? Especially when the legacy of the immensely wealthy & powerful is carefully crafted, honed & protected. But look at the sickeningly brutal regimes and the genocide she stood by and supported through her marriage and parenting, as the wife of a CIA director, twenty years living in the closest possible proximity to the White House, etc...

Yes, it's very admirable, the picture of Mama Bush, in 1990, holding a baby with AIDS......

...........but then imagine the millions of babies who have suffered and died while Papa Bush simultaneously ushered in war/crippling sanctions on a sovereign nation, continued w/final fatal blows by Baby Bush

I wonder how she's fixed to square w/her 'God' 70+ years of sleeping in the devil"s bed.

edit to add:
How wicked is Barbara Bush? Well, she refused to attend her own mother’s funeral.

That in itself doesn't make her wicked, just honest. And since Aleister Crowley is rumored to be her real father she may have had 'legitimate' reason to be angry w/her mother. :wink
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby chump » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 am

Fwiw,

Jeb Bush’s Threat against Trump: ‘I’d be careful Donald’

Posted on Jan 17th, 2017 by Dr Eowyn

There are persistent rumors on the net that Barbara Bush is the daughter of British occultist satanist Aleister Crowley whose motto was “Do As Thou Wilt”.

Barbara’s father was Marvin Pierce, president of the McCall Corporation that published McCall’s and Redbook magazines. It is alleged that in early 1924, Barbara’s mother, Pauline Pierce, visited her friend Nellie O’Hara in Paris, France. Residing in O’Hara’s home at the time was Aleister Crowley.

During Pauline’s visit, Crowley underwent an initiation into the Masonic Ipsissimus Grade — the highest magickal achievement in his Ordo Templi Orientis religious organization. The initiation rite included choosing one or more experienced attendants, charged with arousing and exhausting him sexually by every means possible.

Pauline returned to America, and on June 8, 1925, eight months after Crowley’s initiation, gave birth to a daughter she named Barbara. Barbara Pierce grew up to marry George H. W. Bush, who later became President of the United States, and gave birth to George W. Bush and Jeb Bush.

In the side-by-side pics below, Barbara Bush (top right, bottom left) does bear an uncanny resemblance to Aleister Crowley (top left, bottom right).

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/tag/is ... r-crowley/
chump

Postby Grizzly » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:27 pm

Aside from the Crowley memes, she was a beast in her own rite; someone is not remembering the 80's/90's...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Cordelia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:49 pm

There are persistent rumors on the net that Barbara Bush is the daughter of British occultist satanist Aleister Crowley

I wouldn't be surprised (by anything); evidently there was opportunity. As is being discovered through lower costs & increasing popularity of DNA testing, many families produce fruit from adulterous affairs in their trees.

So the only source for the “Crowley is Barbara Bush’s biological father” rumor was published on April Fool’s Day. But does that necessarily mean we must dismiss this idea out of hand? To find out if there could possibly be any truth to this notion, I contacted Tobias Churton, author of Aleister Crowley: The Biography.

Here’s what Churton told me, via email:

"I did see a report of the story which caused a flutter a few years ago. It relied on a supposition that a certain lady slept with AC when he was living in Paris 1924-1929.

AC slept with quite a lot of women during the period, including photographer Berenice Abbott and others I could name, but I had not seen the name of the lady in question in his diary.

Apparently they had a mutual friend. Sex as a sacrament was very important to AC and he would record all operations or “works” as he called them (in the alchemical sense). There are, however, a few gaps in the diary.

Crowley was very well known in artistic circles in Montparnasse and was highly gregarious, so the chances of the lady being charmed by AC, as many other women were, is high;
but there is no direct evidence, that I am aware of, that could lend conviction to the hypothesis that the lady’s pregnancy was the result of a passion for AC."

https://io9.gizmodo.com/according-to-th ... 1745967571

ImageImage
Pauline Robinson, Barbara Bush's mother & Marvin Pierce, her father
:shrug:
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Next

Return to General Discussion