The Socialist Response

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 am

There is no need to repeat the same message twice.
American Dream
 
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Sounder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:28 pm

There is no need to repeat the same message twice.


That is your opinion. From where I sit it seems like a reasonable way to deal with non-responsiveness.

This place is called General Discussion.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder
 
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 pm

I don't love the White Helmets personally, I just think most of the Assadist type claims against them them are based on sketchy logic and/or evidence.

What's your point?
American Dream
 
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:33 pm

American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm wrote:I don't love the White Helmets personally


Your love (or hate) of the White Helmets has no bearing on their reported role in service to propaganda. Frankly, this statement has no meaning and provides no clarity as to your position.

American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm wrote: I just think most of the Assadist type claims against them them are based on sketchy evidence.


"Assadist type claims" . What about the NON-"Assadist type claims" against them? There's ample information along those lines within these forum walls. What's your opinion on those claims?

Or is this your (vague) way of suggesting that ALL claims against the White Helmets are "Assadist type claims" ?

(Relatedly, how would you define an "Assadist type claim" ?)

If so, that's a patently wrong supposition; even a cursory review of the content within this forum, and broadly across the internet, provides non-Assad sourced arguments -- sound arguments -- that the White Helmets are part of the Imperial Agenda.

All that said, you have an OPPORTUNITY here to state your case: please outline for us the evidence you find "sketchy" and why you find it "sketchy" .

You see, saying something in and of itself doesn't make it true.

SHOW US WHY you think the evidence is sketchy, and not simply by pasting more biased/shallow content that only attempts to reinforce your stance (while providing minimal, if any, evidence or researched analysis supporting the content's claims).

I know you won't be replying to any of these questions; I am commenting here as further testament to your unwillingness to answer direct questions with direct answers.

One would understandably surmise that, given the sheer volume of your output here, consisting overwhelmingly of material pasted from elsewhere, that you have actually read most of the content you paste. Operating under this assumption, you should be abundantly qualified --- equipped with ALL THAT SOURCE MATERIAL -- to state your position FIRMLY, with clarity.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Belligerent Savant
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: North Atlantic.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 pm

American Dream » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:38 am wrote:As a friendly reminder to all, there are only two people currently active who are on my "foe" list- one is Belligerent Savant and one is MacCruiskeen, so that should explain any disconnect here. This has been in place for a long, long time now.

I will keep repeating this message as needed and helpful. This is not intended to "diss" anyone in particular but reflects my own decision regarding what's best for me- and for this board.
American Dream
 
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 pm

.
Shocker.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Belligerent Savant
 
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: North Atlantic.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 pm

It is not in dispute that the White Helmets get their ongoing funding from the US and UK. That's not a theory.

Don't take my word for it—ask the State Department!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_ZXLYjudQ

"We are still paying the bills"


It's not "sketchy" that the White Helmets and their news agencies are essentially the sole source of "news" in the occupied areas, it's an acknowledged fact.


Is it then just a coincidence that the White Helmet's activities and PR efforts comport precisely with U.S. imperial aims?

We need a Coincidence Theorist's Guide to Syria.
"It seems to be what we have now is a political system which has essentially become, for the last thirty or forty years, a war on the human imagination."
(David Graeber)
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:35 pm

If the White Helmets are a non-partisan, independent group not affiliated with the opposition, why do they always flee with the occupiers when the Syrian army moves in?

Hint: the documents they leave behind clearly demonstrate that the White Helmets and ISIS invaders are in fact united, sharing personnel and workspaces.
"It seems to be what we have now is a political system which has essentially become, for the last thirty or forty years, a war on the human imagination."
(David Graeber)
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby minime » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Sounder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 am wrote:
There is no need to repeat the same message twice.


That is your opinion. From where I sit it seems like a reasonable way to deal with non-responsiveness.

This place is called General Discussion.


Ha! I call b.s.
User avatar
minime
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm reflecting on group dynamics here and I've got to say, I'm 98% of the way there to adding Sounder and Elvis to my perma-block list. I see little that is positive in the roles that they play towards me here.

This also is not intended as a "diss" but rather a drawing of healthy boundaries. Through that, I might be able to carry on more productive conversations with others. It will be better for the board as a whole.
American Dream
 
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:I'm 98% of the way there to adding Sounder and Elvis to my perma-block list.


What specifically about my last two posts in this thread do you find so objectionable and unhealthy?
"It seems to be what we have now is a political system which has essentially become, for the last thirty or forty years, a war on the human imagination."
(David Graeber)
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby DrEvil » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:14 pm

American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:12 pm wrote:I'm reflecting on group dynamics here and I've got to say, I'm 98% of the way there to adding Sounder and Elvis to my perma-block list. I see little that is positive in the roles that they play towards me here.

This also is not intended as a "diss" but rather a drawing of healthy boundaries. Through that, I might be able to carry on more productive conversations with others. It will be better for the board as a whole.


Yeah, god forbid someone should politely disagree with you.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
User avatar
DrEvil
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby DrEvil » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Elvis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:02 pm wrote:
American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:I'm 98% of the way there to adding Sounder and Elvis to my perma-block list.


What specifically about my last two posts in this thread do you find so objectionable and unhealthy?


You challenged his world-view. :)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
User avatar
DrEvil
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby American Dream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 pm

No, but they really have much more time and energy for this than I do. I don't think the endless clash of fundamentally different world views is going anywhere for me personally. I do want there to be some kind of counterpoint to the narratives that say gassed civilians- and/or bombed or whatever else- don't exist or somehow don't matter.

Quite possibly I will be up for discussion a bit later, with others who bring a better style of argumentation to the table. I tire of the shit show however.
American Dream
 
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Socialist Response

Postby Elvis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:37 pm

American Dream wrote:I do want there to be some kind of counterpoint to the narratives that say gassed civilians- and/or bombed or whatever else- don't exist or somehow don't matter.


And I want there to be some kind of counterpoint to the narratives that say Assad is automatically guilty of targeting cilivians and gassing children just because the US-paid White Helmets say so, or that solid evidence tying the White Helmets to U.S. policy doesn't exist.

Based on the evidence alone, I believe the White Helmets' version of events is fictitious, and that it solely serves the aims of US/UK imperialism and related neocon power centers. For that reason, and considering what's at stake, I'll continue to argue against it.
"It seems to be what we have now is a political system which has essentially become, for the last thirty or forty years, a war on the human imagination."
(David Graeber)
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests