Congressman says un-American to acknowledge racism exists

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Congressman says un-American to acknowledge racism exists

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Congressman says it is un-American to acknowledge that racism exists

Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) said, "We don't talk about those things."
Josh Israel
May 15, 2018, 8:32 am

Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) is very upset that Democrats think racial discrimination is still a problem. Days after a House floor clash with Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) over the House Republican majority’s decision to rescind Obama-era protections against auto lending discrimination, he complained on Tuesday morning’s Fox & Friends that claims of modern day racial inequalities are not American.

Kelly, an automobile dealer, argued that at a time when the economy is good, House Democrats should not raise this issue. “We have seen the economy take off,” he told Fox & Friends. “I just think that if you come to the floor and there are 60 minutes to debate. 30 minutes on each side. But as I was sitting there, I had 30 minutes of Democrats coming down and talking about how bad automobile people are because they discriminate against nonwhite buyers. I said that’s not America. We don’t talk about those things.”

Kelly then credited President Trump for having united America and purportedly ending racial strife.

“We are a people of diversity, but we come together to make America great again. When I’ve seen what President Trump has done and you come in this area you can see it. It is so uplifting. Look at this, you say ‘if your only platform is hate and resistance and not about bringing the country together again’ — I mean, listen, we are still the United States of America, not Divided States of America, and if we can’t talk better than what happened on the floor the other day. I was disappointed and the Democrats that came down, every single person demagoguing and talking about how bad automobile people are. It’s just not true.”

more...

https://thinkprogress.org/pennsylvania- ... 97d0719c6/

Oh, what can I say to top Mike?

America, Fuck Yeah!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Congressman says un-American to acknowledge racism exist

Postby Grizzly » Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to SLAD Newswire