Re: Jason Kessler, FBI Asset

Postby American Dream » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:06 am

Proof positive!
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dada » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:58 am wrote:
It mostly gets watched on youtube and facebook because HBO makes it available free. This is push content, not pull content.

Documentaries are perhaps the most important front of the current American culture war, even with more literate demographics, their impact is hard to overstate. Cantwell always wanted to be famous, but perhaps failed to anticipate that his true talent would be reality television breakdowns -- he definitely emerged as the "star" of HBO's documentary last year.

Someone asked off-venue why I concluded Kessler was FBI, since there is *nothing* in the OP to implicate him as such. The United States is a patchwork of turf, though, and when events like this pop off in Virginia, well, that says a lot about who gave the nod. In the labyrinth of citations, false datapoints and post-mod angst that brought us here, it can be easy to forget that we do, in fact, have maps now, for all our folly & hubris.

People love their documentaries, I can't argue with that. I just wonder how much impact the impact has. I mean yeah, people die over this culture war stuff, but people die everyday for all kinds of reasons. I guess I can't help seeing the culture war itself as maybe the most important front in a larger war, the war for attention. Corporate media giants, Kremlin, Alphabets cereal, all crying for attention.

Is true, we got the maps of the shifting terrain. And I agree that it is too easy an analysis to just say 'Kessler is Democrat, Inc operative,' and leave it at that. Maybe not even helpful, because it discourages peeling back the onion layers.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:56 am

Golly, he keeps getting some prime media spots, huh? -- Kessler making NYT headlines, with some NPR assistance.

Via: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/busi ... r-npr.html

NPR Is Criticized After White Nationalist Ranks the Races by Intelligence on Air

In a “Morning Edition” segment, the radio host Noel King interviewed Jason Kessler, a white nationalist who is planning a rally in Washington this weekend on the anniversary of last year’s rally, which was the scene of racist chants and deadly violence.

Ms. King preceded the discussion, which was part of a weeklong series about the anniversary of the Charlottesville rally, with a warning: “Some of what you’re about to hear is racist and offensive.”

She was correct. In the interview on Friday, which lasted about five minutes, Mr. Kessler relayed junk science and ranked the intelligence of various races.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Wombat wrote:when events like this pop off in Virginia, well, that says a lot about who gave the nod.

I'd love to hear your expanded thoughts on this.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 pm

AD, you must have missed this back in March:

The 'Crying Nazi' from Charlottesville admits he is working with the feds

Chris Cantwell, the vicious antisemite podcaster who hosts “Radical Agenda,” has announced to the fracturing racist “alt-right” that he is a federal informant.

“We are being instructed to behave like criminals by a Jew in a foreign country, as we were assaulted by terrorist in our own!” Cantwell wrote. “The feds are our only hope for a lawful remedy, and I intend to cooperate fully with any effort to bring these criminals to justice.”

More at:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/03/29/crying-nazi-charlottesville-admits-he-working-feds
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 am

There's a good joke in the comments:

A law enforcement officer, a libertarian, and a Klansman enter a bar. He orders a beer.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 am

Grizzly » 11 Aug 2018 06:02 wrote:The violent Antifa attacker seen here is Eric Clanton. He split open a peaceful protestor's scalp with a bike lock. A leftist judge let him off on four felony assault charges and instead gave him probation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/95yypi/the_violent_antifa_attacker_seen_here_is_eric/

I smell bacon...

Yeah, there's a definite reek of rotten pork wafting from this scene.

Remember THIS crazy conspiracy theory proven 100 percent correct?

"DROP THE ROCK AND BUGGER OFF BACK TO YOUR LINE, ASSHOLE!!!"
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am

A better, shorter video that explains the above video a bit more.

The Powers That Be are engaging in these ridiculously transparent tactics AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

I remember the day after this happened, Canadian talk radio was filled with right-wingers claiming this was nothing but a left-wing conspiracy theory. Must have been a surprise to them a couple days later when the police were forced to confess that the agitators in question were, in fact, police officers (ahem) "engaged in their duties".
Jerky

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 am wrote:Golly, he keeps getting some prime media spots, huh? -- Kessler making NYT headlines, with some NPR assistance.

Via: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/busi ... r-npr.html

NPR Is Criticized After White Nationalist Ranks the Races by Intelligence on Air

In a “Morning Edition” segment, the radio host Noel King interviewed Jason Kessler, a white nationalist who is planning a rally in Washington this weekend on the anniversary of last year’s rally, which was the scene of racist chants and deadly violence.

Ms. King preceded the discussion, which was part of a weeklong series about the anniversary of the Charlottesville rally, with a warning: “Some of what you’re about to hear is racist and offensive.”

She was correct. In the interview on Friday, which lasted about five minutes, Mr. Kessler relayed junk science and ranked the intelligence of various races.

Missed it. Greeks on top, right? Otherwise it's bullshit.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 pm

liminalOyster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 pm wrote:I'd love to hear your expanded thoughts on this.

Get high and ramble about the OP? Fuck yeah, I will. Thanks, bud.

VA is very much "turf." That turf is owned by the Washington, DC security structure. I see that as an interlocking marriage of convenience with Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. All three of them enable and profit from the gravitational pull of DC's money and power.

Famously, there is no organized crime in Washington, DC. (Really.) This is chalked up to the DOJ refusing to allow such chicanery in their backyard, but that shit is ridiculous. It's trivial to get prostitutes and cocaine delivered by phone in Washington, DC - so clearly, the "Mafia" here is the national security culture itself.

A lot of that is enabled through diplomatic channels, to be sure, but a lot of it is also outright corruption of Federal law enforcement. This is the same aristocracy that manages the nationwide network of protected criminals and unbelievable Americans known as Confidential Human Sources. This is what Special Agents are expected to do, "friends in low places," as noted scholar G. Brooks puts it.

There are all kinds of other cut-out networks to maintain that precious Plausible Deniability, though, and it's not like the DEA and ATF don't have their own fiefdoms. ODNI is another downstream consumer of FBI reports and we know they're perfectly capable of managing their own portfolios.

And they probably have assets in this space. But fundamentally, I do have to assume the Alt-Right is an FBI project.

Trevor Aaronson wrote a lean, knockout book called "The Terror Factory" about how the FBI farms out frame-up terrorist attacks in order to bust them. (This is material we've discussed for probably hundreds of pages here at RI, in fact.) Yet this wasn't some post-9/11 abberation: this was the Federal Bureau of Investigation going to work on a new problem with the same toolkit they always use. They refine and hone it over time, but this infiltrate-subvert-burn cycle of informants and compromised assets is their toolkit.

(They don't seem to refine or hone it that much, really, since their short career as Mosque Busters has been a fucking comedy of errors so far, pure slapstick.)

The strategic imperative to infiltrate & monitor the Alt-Right is twofold - first there's the narrative that they're, you know, basically a proxy fifth column for a hostile foreign government, and then there's fact DOJ keeps tabs on domestic extremists as a matter of purview, and we know through experience and FOIA'd documentation that most of the "White Supremacist Right" culture that SPLC specialize in tracking has been a network of FBI informants. For decades.

So while on many levels our "culture war" is a dumb joke, a weird epiphenomenon that emerges in the moire pattern formed between Twitter mobs and actual street fights, the plastic shield frontlines of Team Red v. Team Blue activism is also, I would wager, the focus of a field intelligence group at the FBI. (There's probably a lot of #Occupy veterans on that team, too.)

The "collection requirement" regarding Alt-Right (and antifa) targets definitely came down during the Obama administration -- this has just been going on too long. Those bulletins get distributed broadly, and leads get funneled to the relevant teams. Open source movements offer a target-rich environment, and the need was pressing. Chan boards have been an actual nexus of original intelligence work, and has occasionally exposed actual, pro, nation state sponsored operations, to boot.

Kessler is ideal raw material - a seeker, a dipshit. His writing betrays him as an achingly self-aware young man with few goals outside of self-validation. My guess is that UVA was the vector for Kessler getting "spotted" as a "pCHS" - same as with Richard Spencer. UVA shares infrastructure with the FBI National Academy.

(I also find it odd that Kessler was caught using the University of Virginia Law School library to "cyber-stalk" and harass students at the school and only got a ban from campus. He was not even a student. That was this year.)

He himself was out of UVA in '09, Occupy was '11. I hiiiiiighly doubt Kessler was FBI back then. But I do believe he was working for some farm team on the periphery. A lot of us were. I think that Kessler got into the big leagues 100% because he wanted to be Richard Spencer. And His Dark Khaki Eminence was too thick to see the threat coming until it was too late, as ever. That's how Kessler wound up on Fed radars and that's the script he imprinted on to this day. Notice he's still doing it -- and doing it better than ever -- on NPR recently.

It's not like the blueprint for any of this is mystery to us, or some big secret. The Illuminati Formula in this case is laid out in a manual - "Subversion of Social Movements" ... RI Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37330

So.

My interpretation of what I saw in Charlottesville over the past weekend -- a city I was not in at the time -- goes like this: Jason Kessler was the Richard Spencer, David Duke-ass face of a SEQUEL to the first failed Unite The Right event. Neither he, nor anyone involved on the Alt-Right end, expect to see any turnout. Counter-protest did muuuuuuch bigger numbers. Police turnout was also impressive. Police knew that those protesters were going to turn on them and encouraged it for the cameras. None of this looks remotely like chaos to me. I do believe that Kessler is still useful.

(So are guys like Chris Cantwell, who has also been a visible face of the movement, who was publicly beefing with Kessler on social media in the run-up to Unite The Right 2, and who is absolutely chained by the balls to his handlers at the FBI, who intend to fish-hook him around the swamp for a few more years at least. Fuck you, Chris.)

Anyways. Part of the reason police departments provide security for planned protest actions is the surveillance opportunity such events provide. This is why I'm saying none of this looks like chaos. Unite the Right 2 was textbook. Back in #Occupy, the MoveOn dudes worked with the union dudes who worked with the police dudes to weed out the anarchists, Ron Paul fans, and Actual Commies at big events. I get it.

I salute the team behind all this -- although it's not, let's be honest, like some huge feat of tradecraft was required to make US pop culture implode, a decade after the GFC. The smarter members of these teams already see it. They're throwing soda cans full of gasoline into a structure fire and filing reports about the impact they're having. Fine. We'll all burn for our sins soon enough.

But, they read the field and they made some great plays. We're going to see a decade of continuous infringements on the first and second amendments -- 4th, too. Shouts to everyone who made this possible.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby smiths » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:50 am

threeminus
99 points ·
6 days ago

The "leftist" judge in this case didn't do anything - Clanton reached a plea agreement with the prosecution before the court could even make a decision about taking the case to trial.
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 am

Jerky, thanks—that story and video can't be shown often enough; everyone needs to know about that episode and all the ones like it. So many people I've told had never heard about it, AND many just assumed it had to be bullshit...until they saw the video and subsequent news clips.

Jerky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:09 am wrote:A better, shorter video that explains the above video a bit more.

The Powers That Be are engaging in these ridiculously transparent tactics AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

I remember the day after this happened, Canadian talk radio was filled with right-wingers claiming this was nothing but a left-wing conspiracy theory. Must have been a surprise to them a couple days later when the police were forced to confess that the agitators in question were, in fact, police officers (ahem) "engaged in their duties".
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Jerky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 am

You're very much welcome, Elvis.

Wombat! That's an interesting analysis, but some of it seems a bit... I dunno... wrong-headed maybe? I mean, your certainty about the type of infrastructure you describe... where does that come from? And where are these 1st 2nd and 4th amendment attacks you refer to? What would constitute such an attack, in your books?

As for the 4th amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure... they've been dead and buried for decades now. America's police state problem isn't a Trump, Bush, Clinton or Reagan/Bush thing, it's an AMERICAN problem.

Has there ever been a nation as conflicted when it comes to loving authoritarians but also having a nearly psychopathic "problem" with authority than the USA?

J.
Jerky

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:50 am

Jerky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 am wrote:Wombat! That's an interesting analysis, but some of it seems a bit... I dunno... wrong-headed maybe? I mean, your certainty about the type of infrastructure you describe... where does that come from?

Jesus Christ. Research, my dude. Books and shit. We're decades into the FOIA era.

Let me ask you -- your doubts about my certainty ... where does that come from? Your familiarity with the subject? Your extensive reading?

And where are these 1st 2nd and 4th amendment attacks you refer to? What would constitute such an attack, in your books?

The government, same as ever. Who else? You really don't see any of this coming?

The curtailments are an imperative, too, we've got over 300 million Americans to contain and shit is about to get even uglier, economically. Any kind of health insurance or UBI is going to involve a lot of tradeoffs with the remnants of our Bill of Rights -- and look a lot like what China is building now, based on the western "Credit Score" surveillance & penalty system.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jerky » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am

Jeez, Wombat. No offense intended.

I do a lot of reading, myself. And I have reason to believe that our reading lists and sources of information are pretty similar, over time. But I keep the salt handy, so I can suck on a grain or two while taking in any and all new information.

I guess what I'm questioning more than anything is your absolute certainty when it comes to, specifically:

- The entire tri-state area of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware being void of any organized crime element beyond the "national security culture".

- That said "national security culture" semi-openly operates as a "Mafia" unto itself.

- That the maintenance of Confidential Human Sources and pretty much the whole "infiltration" law enforcement strategy means that federal law enforcement (and DEA and ATF) is hopelessly corrupted by design, and every "mistake" they make is proof of perfidy and not incompetence.

- That the Alt-Right is an FBI project. (Nah)

- That "we know through experience and FOIA'd documentation that most of the White Supremacist Right culture that SPLC specialize in tracking has been a network of FBI informants. For decades." (VAST exaggeration)

- That the ongoing "culture war" is "a dumb joke", nothing more than "a weird epiphenomenon that emerges in the moire pattern formed between Twitter mobs and actual street fights." (tell that to its thousands of victims)

- That "Chan boards have been an actual nexus of original intelligence work, and has occasionally exposed actual, pro, nation state sponsored operations, to boot." (I would love to see proof of THAT claim)

- That the University of Virginia was somehow involved in netting both Kessler and Richard Spencer as raw humint for FBI skulduggery of some kind.

- That Kessler's recent appearance on NPR is a result of... what? The FBI snagging him an interview? Because they wanted him to... what? Disseminate "race realist" bullshit so that... what? It would "subvert a social movement"? If so, which one? Maybe they did it just to "advance the (bogus according to you) culture war"? But... how? By pwning the libs?

- That "Jason Kessler was the Richard Spencer, David Duke-ass face of a SEQUEL to the first failed Unite The Right event. Neither he, nor anyone involved on the Alt-Right end, expect to see any turnout." (Maybe, but considering all the well attended Far Right gatherings in other parts of the USA in recent months, I don't see why they wouldn't expect a bigger turnout)

- That "Unite the Right 2 was textbook". (what textbook?!)

- That "this" (whatever "this" entails, when all of the above is considered) has all been done to somehow "make US pop culture implode".

In response to that last bullet point... WHY?!

I mean, just because some aspects of US pop culture are imploding, that doesn't mean it's a - and pardon my use of the term - controlled demolition!

Anyway, I have much respect for you, Wombat, and I think I can sort of make out the structure of the conspiratorial system you're hinting at through the unnecessarily convoluted and "familiar" verbiage... but more specifics would be greatly appreciated. As would a reading list of some sort.

Actually, maybe that's something we could all participate in: a reading list of books we think everybody here should read (or even documentaries we think everyone here should watch) complete with some sort of precis breaking down what said book/doc includes and/or concludes about the topic it tackles. I've done this a few times here, sharing my detailed breakdowns of Oblesby's Yankee Cowboy War and Paxton's Anatomy of Fascism in the Data Dump, and a bunch more books and docs on my own blogs (contact me if you want a link).

Cheers
yer old pal Jerky
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion