10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:33 am

He was not referring to RI ...he was referring to right wingers conspiracies

He was talking about people pathetically clinging to trump......no one here fits that description

2012 Countdown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 am wrote:...like I said, piece of shit.

Every last one of you who pathetically cling to his(the traitor-in-Chief) depravity. This is what you bring.

Fuck you all.

Give it up, conspiratards. You are looking so gullible and stupid.

No one here is a creepy crawler either especially Countdown

Dear User Best-by-2012, in your seventh year of rot

There was no reason for this whatsoever......I doubt he will be back
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:15 am

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:33 am wrote:He was not referring to RI ...he was referring to right wingers conspiracies

This contributes to the meaningless the the term "conspiracy theory"; you mean right winger's "conspiracy theories" but that gets short-handed to "conspiracy." That bogus equivalency short-circuits any meaningful examination of deep politics.

"Conspiracy theorist"... "conspiratard" — into the dustbin! No one is any longer served by these trigger words.

In the 1960s when right-winger Phyllis Shoofly worried about The Bilderbergs and the Council on Foreign Relations, she was called a conspiracy theorist. Today, right here on RI, the machinations of these groups are recognized as the way global capitalism organizes its exploitation.

seemslikeadream wrote:No one here is a creepy crawler either especially Countdown

I agree that the sentiment could be better expressed.

All y'all are lucky my co-moderator 82 is not tough and mean and nasty like me. :-x But neither one of us are gonna tolerate disrespect.

:backtotopic:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:04 am

It's revolting, what passes for news cycle narratives.

Do a quick scan of Google News, for example:

"Five Things to Know About 'False Flag' Conspiracy Theories"
-Washington Post

"Trump Fans Sceptical (sic) About Pipe Bomb Arrest"
- The Guardian

"Debunking the Despicable 'False Flag' Theory on the Mail Bombs"
- CNN

The framing of these narratives should insult anyone attempting to approach this -- any -- news story with an objective lens.

Overt Signaling. (Only TRUMP SUPPORTERS QUESTION THE NEWS STORIES; IF YOU DOUBT THESE STORIES YOU ARE CLEARLY ALIGNED WITH TRUMP; the obligatory inclusion of the now-standard loathsome phrase 'conspiracy theory'; the mere notion of a "false flag" ridiculed, etc ad nauseum.)

Meanwhile, the current sitting white house caricature further fans the flames, deploying rhetoric clearly inspired by World Wrestling Federation agitation tactics, pandering to the bases for and against him, working them up to a lather.... And the 'press', along with the majority of the plebes that absorb these absurdities at face value, are playing RIGHT INTO the overt gamesmanship.

For a variety of reasons, this is an era of madness (above and beyond the standard grade of 'madness' we've come to expect)
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:21 am

from the Maga Bomber's twitter

the tribe that has no idea who this guy is

Seminole Tribe of Florida Distances Itself From Bomb Suspect Cesar Sayoc
“We can find no evidence that [he] … is or was a member or employee of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, or is or was an employee of Seminole Gaming or Hard Rock International,” spokesman says

Cesar Altieri

@hardrock2016
Jul 11

We Unconquered Seminole Tribe,Seminole

We Unconquered Seminole Tribe,Seminole Hard Rock,millions of our customers,Seminole American Top Team MMA,Seminole Warrior Boxing say Thank U to greatest Fla Governor ever RICK SCOTT for US Senate.Low Taxes,Less Regulations,Booming Economy for All Fla.Approven success results.

from his twitter

Cesar Altieri

@hardrock2016
Jun 25
More
David Hoggs fake Phony graduated Redondo Beach High School 2015. He did not attend Parkland High School. We Unconquered Seminole Tribe Hard Rock Worldwide have his records and yearbook.

Cesar Altieri

@hardrock2016
Jun 6
More
Happy Birthday greatest Commander Chief disruptor shake Washington upside down.we Unconquered Seminole Tribe current serving, Seminole Vets, Son Seminole Code Talkers. Thank you for all you do against everyone and not be stopped ever.Straight ahead get it done awesome build Wall.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:43 am

Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:04 am wrote:.

Meanwhile, the current sitting white house caricature further fans the flames, deploying rhetoric clearly inspired by World Wrestling Federation agitation tactics, pandering to the bases for and against him, working them up to a lather.... And the 'press', along with the majority of the plebes that absorb these absurdities at face value, are playing RIGHT INTO the overt gamesmanship.

(Slight edit to the above: the press isn't as much 'playing into' the gamesmanship as they are contributing to and profiting from it.)
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

my post was from HIS twitter feed...no PRESS filter

all that hate is his

According to Miami-Dade County jail booking records, Sayoc called Florida Power and Light and threatened to blow up the local electric utility. Sayoc said "it would be worse than Sept. 11" and also threatened something would happen to the FPL representative he was talking to if the utility cut his electricity.

"He was very angry and angry at the world, at blacks, Jews, gays," she said. "He always talked about 'if I had complete autonomy none of these gays or these blacks would survive.'
https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 50cb4.html

shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue 8 dead
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:30 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:48 am wrote:shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue 8 dead

Rory » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:21 am wrote:Always Gladio, all of the time.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 pm

White House event trump says

"globalists"

that’s a code word

his supporters in the room began yelling SOROS!!

then they chanted “lock him up” about Soros.........trump repeated it: “lock him up.”

trump says

there were “very fine people on both sides” of the pro-Nazi and anti-Nazi
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:20 pm

I know it's hatefully hatey of me even to ask this question (or indeed any question at all), but why attach a timer? Wasn't the hateful Hatebomb™ designed to explode automatically as soon as it was opened?

Worship your spook-corporate overlords, conspiratard.

Only a hatefully unpatriotic un-American right-wing™ Trump-lovin' hater could even imagine that it was all for show, so I do not imagine that it was all for show. That would be, like, a conspiracy. So I'm just wondering, why the hatey hate-timer. Can anyone help?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:59 pm

All of this stuff about the bombs apparently being toys or props is also consistent with a mentally ill incompetent fantasist in desperate straits (no doubt damaged by many years of masculinism and wounds to it) desiring some kind of cathartic action to overcome the pain of his powerlessness, set off by the current media crescendo leading up to the election. If so, it doesn't matter that these were toy bombs, the act of sending the totems was a fulfillment in itself.

I won't argue for or against that scenario, since I cannot know, but its plausibility is rock-solid to me. I have met enough people at the intersection of sick, stupid and violent, as have all of you.

I don't even think this constitutes a general indictment of Trumpdom. (Voting for Trump is indictment enough, and I don't mean that as a joke. We all heard the things he said.) The incitement for Trump followers to target his enemy list with acts of violence is thick in the air these days. But individuals vulnerable to such action could also be set off by other incitements, or by endogenous fantasy.

This is why I feared not the institutional false flag operation (I feel this is too peanuts for that) but the possibility of a perpetrator who could be characterized as something other than a member of Trumpdom. By a stereotype justified in hundreds of such cases, most everyone expected a white middle-aged man with right-wing ideology (living in a parking lot in Florida is overkill but consistent). At least this has no consequences for others fitting that description. They need not fear a round-up or violent popular backlash of middle-aged right-wing white men. Certain deviations from this set of attributes -- black, leftist, most especially Muslim -- would have meant a general campaign and increased state repression aimed at a group as a whole.

I would agree that the state and corporate media reaction to this, the construction of it as a One Big Thing to consume all attention for several days, is by far the most important element. I remember stories over the decades about bombs or fake bombs sent to celebrity hate objects through the mail that were mere sidebars in the press. I'm too lazy, but a LexisNexis search would probably find dozens of these. The Unabomber case (opposite case in competence) took years to build up general attention, and even then was moderate by comparison. In any case, if this is anything other than an institutional action, if this is as expected and now considered confirmed the action of a lone man, then it has been blown wildly out of proportion and turned into some kind of general zeitgeist indicator.

This is why all news including real news feels fake. It's always coming to us through standardized tropes and layers of editorial and aesthetic construction.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Rory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:18 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:20 am wrote:I know it's hatefully hatey of me even to ask this question (or indeed any question at all), but why attach a timer? Wasn't the hateful Hatebomb™ designed to explode automatically as soon as it was opened?

Worship your spook-corporate overlords, conspiratard.

Only a hatefully unpatriotic un-American right-wing™ Trump-lovin' hater could even imagine that it was all for show, so I do not imagine that it was all for show. That would be, like, a conspiracy. So I'm just wondering, why the hatey hate-timer. Can anyone help?

Alls missing is the thing to be pained red, with an ACME logo

2133937.jpg

I'm still unclear as to the chain of custody given theres no apprent evidence that USPS or a professional courier service ever touched this red flag laden packages.

pub166_tech_015_1.jpg

Staff are trained to isolate and flag packages exactly like the ones we've been shown. Clearly they didnt go through USPS - and the idea a courier service worth its salt would touch one of these is implausible also. So how does random loan wolf nutter pull that side of the logistics off?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:48 pm

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/anthrax-attacks-1210348955921185-9/95/anthrax-attacks-12-728.jpg?cb=1212570709
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:50 pm

American Perfection.

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/26/ces ... n-mnuchin/

theintercept.com

Cesar Sayoc’s Home Was Foreclosed on by Steve Mnuchin’s Bank, Using Dodgy Paperwork

David Dayen
david.dayen@​gmail.com@ddayen

October 26 2018, 6:07 p.m.

Cesar Sayoc, the Donald Trump-loving Floridian who was taken into custody in relation to pipe bombs mailed to prominent Democrats, was foreclosed on in 2009 by a bank whose principal owner and chair is now Trump’s treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin.

The documents used to enact the foreclosure were signed by a prominent robo-signer and seemingly backdated. Nonetheless, the evidence was good enough for the famously inattentive Florida foreclosure courts to wave the case through. Years later, Sayoc became a supporter of Trump, who came into office and appointed a treasury secretary who ran the bank that snatched Sayoc’s house.

The Intercept obtained the records by searching Broward County foreclosure documents, which are all public.

It’s a bizarre twist to a story that has captured America’s attention this week. Thirteen pipe bombs were sent by mail to high-profile Trump critics: former President Barack Obama, former Vice President Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Sens. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, Rep. Maxine Waters, former Attorney General Eric Holder, actor Robert DeNiro, financier and Democratic donor George Soros, among others. None of the bombs exploded.

In yet another irony, Soros was one of the investors in the bank that executed the foreclosure on Sayoc’s home.

Details quickly emerged about Sayoc and his apparent devotion to Trump. He drove a van covered in pro-Trump messages. He apparently hadn’t registered to vote until March 2016, pulled off the sidelines by Trump’s messaging. He was a “celebrity” at “Make American Great Again” rallies and protests in South Florida.

Earlier in his life, Sayoc went through a difficult period, and the experience intersects with people allied with his political idol — and some on the other side as well.

By early 2009, foreclosures had soared across the country to record highs, particularly in Florida, one of the hardest-hit areas. Millions of subprime mortgages would go sour as the housing bubble collapsed. Sayoc was living in Fort Lauderdale, in a house purchased in 2006. He refinanced in April 2007, getting an adjustable-rate mortgage from IndyMac Bank for $385,500.

Through the often operatic system of mortgage transfers at the time, the mortgage holder for Sayoc’s loan ended up as MERS, a shell company that housed an electronic spreadsheet in which mortgages could be quickly traded between buyers. By making the owner MERS, IndyMac could trade the mortgage with other institutions without having to file additional documentation.

Not even two years after the mortgage sale, on January 7, 2009, IndyMac Bank filed for foreclosure. The docket in the case indicates that Sayoc did not receive notice of this lawsuit; the summons was returned unserved in February.

The legal representation for IndyMac was the Law Offices of David J. Stern, a notorious foreclosure mill that prosecuted about one-fifth of all foreclosures in the state at the height of its powers, many of them in slipshod ways and with fraudulent documents. They often served “notice by publication,” placing the foreclosure notice in a local paper called the Daily Business Review.

In order to foreclose, IndyMac needed to assign the mortgage back from MERS to IndyMac, making them the mortgage holder and therefore eligible to enforce the lien. This appears to have been done after the fact. The documents state that the assignment was executed on January 5, 2009, but elsewhere in the document, the date is listed as January 23. And the document was not filed with the county clerk’s office until April 23.

This wasn’t abnormal in the slapdash world of foreclosures at the time. But in real terms, it would mean that, at the time that IndyMac filed notice for foreclosure on Sayoc, they hadn’t completed the paperwork proving that it owned the mortgage in question. Backdating documents, in fact, was a specialty of the Stern law firm. It allowed them to quickly process the thousands of foreclosure cases they managed, and it was quite lucrative for David J. Stern, who lived in a $15 million mansion and owned a 130-foot yacht called Misunderstood.

The assignment was signed by Erica Johnson-Seck, who, just six months later, would admit in a court deposition that she “robo-signed” 750 foreclosure-related papers per week, spending just 30 seconds on each document. She acknowledged that she did not read the documents before she signed them nor did she learn who inputted the information on them. And she admitted to not signing in the presence of a notary, undermining the purpose of notarization.

Other judges threw out cases where Johnson-Seck was involved. But Sayoc’s case wasn’t met with much resistance. According to the docket, Circuit Court Judge Robert Fogan ruled for summary judgment for IndyMac on September 2, 2009. In November, the house was bid upon and sold.

IndyMac was a failed bank under federal receivership at the time it initiated the foreclosure on Sayoc. By March 2009, it would fall into the hands of a consortium led by Mnuchin. He renamed it OneWest Bank. As part of a standard deal during the financial crisis, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation backstopped losses on loan defaults, limiting the downside risk of foreclosures.

Mnuchin turned a big profit on OneWest, and along the way, numerous homeowners accused him of running a foreclosure machine. The bank did agree to a 2011 consent order stipulating that it wronged homeowners and made restitution to a number of them.

Incredibly, Mnuchin has repeatedly denied for years that OneWest ever robo-signed on anyone, despite copious evidence to the contrary. The watchdog group Campaign for Accountability asked the Justice Department in August 2017 to investigate Mnuchin over possible false statements before Congress about robo-signing, but no investigation has been undertaken.

The Sayoc foreclosure certainly fits a pattern of dodgy documents, known robo-signers, and a successful rubber stamp from the judicial system regardless. Given what we know about how David J. Stern’s law firm whipped through foreclosures, it’s likely to have other process errors. And we know that it happens to involve several people at the heart of his suspected mail bombings.

Mnuchin co-owned and chaired the bank that eventually foreclosed on Sayoc. Soros, an investor in the bank, received one of the mail bombs. Kamala Harris, another mail bomb recipient, had an opportunity to prosecute OneWest Bank over similar foreclosure-related abuses in California when she was state attorney general, but declined to do so. Eric Holder, yet another recipient, did next to nothing to sanction bankers over foreclosure crimes.

In a final irony, David J. Stern, the law firm that handled Sayoc’s foreclosure, eventually went out of business, with its leader disbarred. But the state investigation opened into Stern in 2009 fizzled, after the two lead investigators on the case, career attorneys June Clarkson and Theresa Edwards, were fired by the Florida Attorney General’s Office, under the leadership of Pam Bondi, a close friend of Trump.

It’s highly doubtful Sayoc knew any of this when he allegedly sent bombs through the mail. But it shows how political partisans cannot often assess what forces carry the greatest impact on their lives. A miscreant bank foreclosed on Sayoc. Democrats could have done more to punish that bank and others like it for a mountain of foreclosure-related crimes, but they failed to do so. That created a sense that the system was rigged, providing an opening for a right-wing populist like Trump.

Sayoc was immediately attracted to Trump and his political movement. But when Trump got into power, he named a treasury secretary whose bank had taken away Sayoc’s home.

The story is a lesson about the toxicity of the foreclosure crisis and how it upended millions of lives. It’s also a lesson about how the failure to uphold the rule of law can reverberate in unforeseen directions, and how a combination of ignorance and partisan passions can make people believe their assailants are their saviors.

Top photo: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin leaves after a press conference in Buenos Aires on July 22, 2018.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:51 pm

"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

And the white right wing extremists have the leader they’ve been waiting for
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion