10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 10 Pipe Bombs Sent to Prominent Democrats, Trump critics

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Jack, you describe an ideal patsy, someone just waiting to have a big photogenic TERROR ATTACK pinned on him. Under the circumstances it's practically irrelevant whether or not the poor clueless bastard ever even did so much as print a single mis-spelled address on a single padded envelope. ("Uh, how do you spell 'Brenan', boss? And 'Florida', that ends with an S, right?") Not one of those stupid packages would have gotten anywhere near even one of those recipients without the FBI's explicit say-so.

A perfect October Surprise. Job done. ("When do I get paid, boss?")

As for the list of recipients, George Szamuely's friend's feelings mirror my own exactly:

George Szamuely
‏ @GeorgeSzamuely

A friend of mine just wrote to me apropos the pipe bombs: "The choice of targets lacks the earnest eccentricity of a real bomber and feels like something hatched at the Huffington Post as a parody of right-wing hysteria." Hits it on the nail.

14:53 - 25. Okt. 2018

Thread: https://twitter.com/GeorgeSzamuely/stat ... 4517779457
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Morgan J. Freeman
Morgan J. Freeman
@mjfree
·
25m
While Trump is preparing to send 800 troops to the border to protect us from an ISIS invasion, home-grown Radical Domestic Terrorists are killing us at home and he's treating it like the fucking weather report.

Mail Bomber Cesar Sayoc Threatened Me on Facebook
How it happened and what (if anything) we can learn from such cases.

Ilya SominOct. 27, 2018 1:11 pm
Bombing suspect Cesar Altieri Sayoc.Bombing suspect Cesar Altieri Sayoc.

Yesterday, federal authorities arrested Cesar Altieri Sayoc, the far-right Trump supporter suspected of mailing bombs to prominent liberal Democratic opponents of Trump. To my surprise, an acquaintance soon pointed out to me that Sayoc is likely the same man who made a death threat against me on Facebook in April of last year. After I did an interview on Fox News about the ways in which public ignorance contributes to opposition to immigration, a person using the name "Cesar Altieri Randazzo" made multiple comments on one of my FB posts, threatening to kill me and my family, and feed the bodies to Florida alligators. The comments even included multiple pictures of alligators. If you think the alligator part is somehow humorous, that may be understandable. But I suspect you would not be laughing so hard if you were the target.

The authorities have now connected the Randazzo Facebook account to Sayoc. And his threats against me were very similar to ones he made on Twitter against political commentator Rochelle Ritchie. In both cases, for example, he claimed to to be a member of the "unconquered Seminole Nation."

In my anger and revulsion at the time, I deleted the threatening comments (in retrospect, a mistake on my part). The "Randazzo" Facebook account now seems to be gone. But many of my Facebook friends saw the the threats, and at least a couple reported them to Facebook as a violation of their policies. Unfortunately, FB did nothing but send back automated form messages. I also reported the incident to Arlington, Virginia law enforcement and the George Mason University police (at the school where I teach). In case either media or federal law enforcement authorities are interested, I can provide documentation of all of the above, if necessary. It seems to me there is likely already more than enough evidence to convict Sayoc of multiple crimes. Nonetheless, I plan to reach out to the FBI in case my account might prove useful to them.

Sadly, social media and e-mail threats to commentators on political issues are all too common. This was not the first time I got one, and I know other writers who have had far worse experiences, some of which make mine pale by comparison. What, if anything, can be learned from incidents like this? I don't have any definitive solution to the problem. But here are a few tentative thoughts:

First, most such threats are probably meant to intimidate and inflict psychological pain. They are a kind of "troll tax" on public commentary the perpetrators disapprove of. It is, therefore, important that we not allow ourselves to be intimidated. To give in would only encourage more such behavior. For what it is worth, I have continued to write and speak about immigration and public ignorance over the last year, and I have no plans to stop.

Second, social media firms should do more to bar death threats on their sites. In principle, they are already against the rules of Facebook and Twitter. But, too often, nothing is done when such incidents are reported. That is exactly what happened in both my case with Facebook and Rochelle Ritchie's with Twitter. As a general rule, I am not one to join in the currently fashionable trend of beating up on Facebook. They provide an enormously valuable service at virtually no cost to consumers. And I recognize that it is difficult to come up with content standards that are fair to millions of users with highly diverse views. But barring death threats should be a relatively easy case. To put it mildly, they contribute little, if anything, to public discourse. And their prevalence causes fairly obvious harm, and poisons the atmosphere even in cases (which, fortunately, are the vast majority) where the perpetrators have no real intention of making good on their threats.

Finally, we do not yet know to what extent, if any, Sayoc's actions were inspired by Donald Trump's repeated statements condoning violence against his opponents and members of the media. It is entirely possible that Sayoc is the sort of person who would be prone to violence regardless. Nonetheless, here, as elsewhere, Trump's egregious violations of basic liberal democratic norms are deeply reprehensible, and he should be made to pay a high political price for them, lest other political leaders be emboldened to follow in his footsteps.

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/10/27/ma ... ened-me-on
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:15 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:04 pm wrote:Morgan J. Freeman
Morgan J. Freeman
@mjfree
·
25m
While Trump is preparing to send 800 troops to the border to protect us from an ISIS invasion, home-grown Radical Domestic Terrorists are killing us at home and he's treating it like the fucking weather report.

In fact no, Morgan. Sorry to disappoint you, but you are clearly confusing real life with one of the crap "action" movies that made you a multimillionaire. Of fourteen (in figures:14) "bombs", precisely none (in figures:0) exploded. Exactly 0 persons were killed by those non-exploding devices. (By coincidence, exactly 0 persons were injured by them.)

Pardon my hatey hatespeech. It is the plain truth, which admittedly makes for bad box-office.

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm

MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:Jack, you describe an ideal patsy, someone just waiting to have a big photogenic TERROR ATTACK pinned on him. Under the circumstances it's practically irrelevant whether or not the poor clueless bastard ever even did so much as print a single mis-spelled address on a single padded envelope. ("Uh, how do you spell 'Brenan', boss? And 'Florida', that ends with an S, right?") Not one of those stupid packages would have gotten anywhere near even one of those recipients without the FBI's explicit say-so.

A perfect October Surprise. Job done. ("When do I get paid, boss?")

As for the list of recipients, George Szamuely's friend's feelings mirror my own exactly:

George Szamuely
‏ @GeorgeSzamuely

A friend of mine just wrote to me apropos the pipe bombs: "The choice of targets lacks the earnest eccentricity of a real bomber and feels like something hatched at the Huffington Post as a parody of right-wing hysteria." Hits it on the nail.

14:53 - 25. Okt. 2018

Thread: https://twitter.com/GeorgeSzamuely/stat ... 4517779457

... you describe an ideal patsy, someone just waiting to have a big photogenic TERROR ATTACK pinned on him.

Couldn't you also say that he just described an ideal candidate for doing something like this?

See also: Stochastic terrorism.
"The use of mass, public communication, usually against a particular individual or group, which incites or inspires acts of terrorism which are statistically probable but happen seemingly at random."
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Sorry, MacC, by the time Freeman posted that, it was probably not about Sayoc but about the NAZI WHO JUST GUNNED DOWN NINE PEOPLE IN A SYNAGOGUE IN PITTSBURGH. Do you believe in Nazis, by the way?

And regardless of how many crap movies he's been in, his point is excellent regarding the hypocrisy; perhaps misguided regarding implied proscriptions (assuming he's thought through the implications, since of course 800 soldiers shouldn't be deployed to stop political "terrorism" either).

I wonder what's included in these, especially out of mass shooters. Will today's mass murder in Pittsburgh count? Does it include the Charleston church shooter?

Besides almost ALWAYS being technically possible -- so what? -- the false-flag case here currently relies on how WELL Sayoc fits the profile of an angry right-wing low-information violent man lashing out at Trump's hit list. He looks and feels just like so many people you can meet, that if anything you wonder why there have not been many more like this one.

So the problem is that the suspect presented in this case fits TOO well. Sorry, even as you make that argument, you know that any deviation from the perfect image of such a character would ALSO be treated as evidence that he couldn't be the perp. Sort of like the "Muslims don't drink" nonsense as applied to the famous hijackers.

And as for the brilliant Szamuely, if HuffPo editors sat down to come up with a list of enemies that Trump has targeted repeatedly in public, they would indeed come up with pretty much the same list! AMAZING! Guaranteed this list would include Clinton, Obama, CNN, Brennan, Clapper and several others on the actual toy bombs mailing list. The choice of which Hollywood celebrity to attack first might vary.

And uh oh, I would also come up with the same list. As would YOU. As would Cesar Sayoc. As would George Szamuely, which he is implicitly confessing with his moronic post. Because this is a list of enemies that Trump has targeted repeatedly in public. So really there is only one person who wrote that list for everyone else, and you can find him doing it on his Twitter feed. DUH.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:37 pm

In 2018, is there any TERROR ATTACK you will not accept at face value, Jack?

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:39 pm

trump feeds this every single day

10 dead now
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Isnt Morgan Freeman a discredited, rapey sexpest?
Rory

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:44 pm

And yes, I have heard of Nazis, Mister Brilliant Comedian Guy. Try that on SNL where you'll get a laughtrack, but spare me it.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:45 pm

10 dead now

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Conflating these two separate events is apropos due to them both being part of the same Gladio Op/October Suprisa
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:02 pm

After all, this is the same Trump who just five days after the 2015 San Bernardino, California, terrorist attack carried out by two Muslims, a husband and wife, sought to ban an entire religion from the stepping foot on U.S. soil with his infamous call “for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

After Cesar Sayoc's Arrest, Trump—of All People!—Decries Guilt by Association

This is far from the first time Trump has called out a target and a violent person has acted on it. Imagine the reaction if a Muslim imam had that track record.

10.27.18 3:54 PM ET
At his rally Friday night in North Carolina, Donald Trump, without even a hint of awareness of his own glaring hypocrisy, declared to his supporters, “We have seen an effort by the media in recent hours to use the sinister actions of one individual to score political points against me and the Republican Party.”

Using “the sinister actions of one individual to score political points” is Trump’s stock-in-trade. In fact, we should call that move “pulling a Trump” because he has so perfected it. And there’s zero doubt Trump would be doing that very thing if the alleged “MAGA bomber” Cesar Sayoc was a Muslim (or an immigrant), instead of a Trump super fan who had attended Trump rallies, used social media to target Trump critics and whose van looks like the Trump mobile. The same goes for alleged right-wing terrorist Robert Bower, who appears to have committed a horrific murder of Jewish Americans at their place of worship.

After all, this is the same Trump who just five days after the 2015 San Bernardino, California, terrorist attack carried out by two Muslims, a husband and wife, sought to ban an entire religion from the stepping foot on U.S. soil with his infamous call “for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” That was politics at its worst but Trump knew the GOP base would be energized by this, and he was right, as 65 percent of Republican primary voters in 2016 agreed with Trump’s total Muslim ban.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/after-ces ... ssociation
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:08 pm

11 real people dead now at the synagogue .....twenty minutes of hell

Let’s see who trump blames for today’s synagogue shootin’?

1) The gunman? Nope

2) White Supremacy? No way

3) Antisemitic hatred? Negative

4) The victims? Bingo!!!

and this guy sent 14 pipe bombs to real people

“The rigged fixed stabbing of boys , placed body bags placed on tracks to make look accident . Case still open Finally ruled Homicide . Bill sand Hilary tied to all this . The boys secret witnessing drug drops MENA ,Ark .MENA ,Ark airport,” reads another tweet written by Sayoc. He appeared to sincerely believe that the murder of the two children had been arranged by the Clintons, even going so far as to post multiple makeshift graves and memorials for the two boys.

https://www.wired.com/story/mail-bomb-s ... n-targets/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm hearing that the shooter was a white man who entered the sanctuary yelling “kill all the Jews,” and that he might have specifically been motivated by the synagogue’s work supporting refugees and immigrants.
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion