"Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:51 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=neoliberalism+fascist

The neo-fascist moment of neoliberalism | openDemocracy
https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europ ... liberalism

Aug 10, 2018 - How can we understand the simultaneous rise of the far right and the authoritarian evolution of neoliberalism? We need an antifascism that can ...

Neoliberal Fascism and the Echoes of History - Truthdig
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/neoli ... f-history/

Aug 2, 2018 - Furthermore, the merging of neoliberalism and fascism has accelerated as civic culture is eroded, notions of shared citizenship and ...

Henry A. Giroux: The Nightmare of Neoliberal Fascism - Truthout
https://truthout.org/articles/henry-a-g ... l-fascism/

Jun 10, 2018 - Is there a chance to defeat the forces of neoliberal fascism? Henry A. Giroux explains why we must understand the historical and contemporary ...

Interview on The Fascist Nature of Neoliberalism | World Economics ...
https://www.worldeconomicsassociation.o ... iberalism/

Jan 5, 2018 - Interview on The Fascist Nature of Neoliberalism. ↓ Jump to responses.

Trump, Kavanaugh and the Path to Neoliberal Fascism
https://www.commondreams.org/.../10/... ... l-fascis...

Oct 12, 2018 - Editor's note: This article was originally published on Salon. Even in the darkest of times we have the right to some illumination.—Hannah

Neoliberalism is a species of fascism | OffGuardian
https://off-guardian.org/2016/07/13/neo ... f-fascism/

Jul 13, 2016 - I argue that neoliberalism is a species of fascism because the economy has brought under subjection not only the government of democratic ...

The Fascist Nature of Neoliberalism (Routledge Frontiers of Political ...
https://www.amazon.com/Fascist-Neoliber ... 0815369883
Capitalism is based on a false logic in which all facts and ideas are reduced to a consideration of their 'feasibility' within the capitalist system. Thus, all ...

[PDF]neoliberalism - bed mate to fascism - Triarchy Press
https://www.triarchypress.net/uploads/1 ... ralism.pdf

NEOLIBERALISM - BED MATE TO FASCISM. Robert Golden. (notes from his forthcoming book WHY?) PART 1. Why am I talking about neoliberalism? Because ...

Brazil's Neo-Liberal Fascist Road to Power | Dissident Voice
https://dissidentvoice.org/2018/10/braz ... -to-power/

Brazil's Neo-Liberal Fascist Road to Power. by James Petras / October 12th, 2018. The decisive electoral victory of far-right Brazilian presidential candidate, Jair ...
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Elvis » 25 Nov 2018 04:51 wrote:
Take three days off for disrupting the thread with bad faith rhetoric.

Are you FUCKING SERIOUS with this shit?!?!
Jerky

Postby peartreed » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Elvis, you are misusing your moderator tools as weapons in support of your personal perspective on the personalities and propensities of people posting here.

SLAD has done nothing to deserve a ban nor a time out. "Bad faith rhetoric" is your personal opinion, not an objective fact nor a shared viewpoint of all others.

BS came on to the thread, yet again, to bully and badger SLAD with the same critical, insulting and antagonistic attitude he has shown her in the past. She responded in kind and you punished her for that. Regardless of your official role as moderator, you are joining in and jumping on the bullying bandwagon.

I find that despicable and disappointing. I had hoped you would rise to the higher standards of the moderator role on RI and not impose your personal views.
peartreed

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Seconded.

I am actually, sincerely amazed by this turn of events. I've had mixed experiences with Elvis over the years, particularly in recent times, but I thought he was above this level of... I struggle for the proper word... malpractice? So much so that my heart sank to witness it.

Elvis, you're not perfect, but by God, you're better than this. Please redress this injustice.

In all sincerity;
yer old pal Jerky

peartreed » 25 Nov 2018 21:24 wrote:Elvis, you are misusing your moderator tools as weapons in support of your personal perspective on the personalities and propensities of people posting here.

SLAD has done nothing to deserve a ban nor a time out. "Bad faith rhetoric" is your personal opinion, not an objective fact nor a shared viewpoint of all others.

BS came on to the thread, yet again, to bully and badger SLAD with the same critical, insulting and antagonistic attitude he has shown her in the past. She responded in kind and you punished her for that. Regardless of your official role as moderator, you are joining in and jumping on the bullying bandwagon.

I find that despicable and disappointing. I had hoped you would rise to the higher standards of the moderator role on RI and not impose your personal views.
Jerky

Postby Rory » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:55 pm

:popcorn:

"malpractice"
"despicable"
"bullying bandwagon"
"injustice"
Rory

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Personally, I've said all I'm going to say on this particular thread.

Enjoy your popcorn.

YOPJ

Rory » 25 Nov 2018 21:55 wrote::popcorn:

"malpractice"
"despicable"
"bullying bandwagon"
"injustice"
Jerky

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

peartreed -

Chiming in like clockwork with mischaracterizations, I see.

Re-read the last couple pages of this thread. One member initiated
comments in bad faith, and inserted non-existent talking points as a means to instigate flare-up.

There was no bullying or badgering on my part, despite your continued claims.

The above applies to Jerky as well, of course --back from his suspension to sh1t-stir, per his typical M.O.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:18 pm

I wonder what an "appropriate" response to this load of bass-ackwards, self-pitying crap from Master B.S. would look like?

I certainly won't be attempting to find out, lest I once again be tossed into virtual limbo for responding in kind to, and/or defending fellow participants from, a manifestly sadistic and vindictive individual who also happens to be ideologically simpatico with what appears to be the only active board moderator.

No shit on YOUR stirring stick, is there B.S.?

Cheers.
yer old pal Jerky

Belligerent Savant » 25 Nov 2018 22:01 wrote:.

peartreed -

Chiming in like clockwork with mischaracterizations, I see.

Re-read the last couple pages of this thread. One member initiated
comments in bad faith, and inserted non-existent talking points as a means to instigate flare-up.

There was no bullying or badgering on my part, despite your continued claims.

The above applies to Jerky as well, of course --back from his suspension to sh1t-stir, per his typical M.O.
Jerky

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Cite specific examples of these aspersions of yours, Jerky (and Peartreed), in the Rhetoric Thread. Unsubstantiated claims do not make a case.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Cordelia » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 pm

BS came on to the thread, yet again, to bully and badger SLAD with the same critical, insulting and antagonistic attitude he has shown her in the past. She responded in kind...

Definition:
If you respond in kind, you react to something that someone has done to you by doing the same thing to them.

And doing so is okay, why?

Hurling insults, teaming-up, shaming the moderator, etc...the list of insults can (and probably will) go on for pages.

Please keep things in perspective people!

(Why do these stupid seasonal "holidays" bring out the worst behaviors in people? Never mind...)
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:19 pm

COME ON EVERYONE
NOTHING IS REAL!
GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

Join Me Now!
WE WILL FIGHT THE SUN!!!

Mwahahahahahaha!!!

True story:

CNN headline: "Harvard and Yale scientists are proposing that we tackle climate change by dimming the sun. It sounds crazy, but..."

(no buts, idiots, it's crazy and infantile, shut up!)

Fantabulous response on Twitter:

Brandy Jensen: "lol we will fight the sun before we take on capitalism."
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/statu ... 6591466496

CNN provides the best in enlightened denialism. Last week it was what products to buy to reverse climate change. (Hint: This doesn't work.)

This week it's the plot of Snowpiercer.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Peartreed and Jerky, please take your off-topic complaints, if you must, to the Rhetoric thread, thanks.

I am trying to facilitate honest and fair discussion, while responding to member complaints and alerts. Argument in bad faith is self-evident, not my opinion; it is by definition dishonest, it's destructive and disruptive, and everyone was duly warned not to do it.

:backtotopic:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby LolaB » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:10 pm

"Nothing is true.
Some things are merely more probable than others.
Everything is permitted.
And the consequences can be ghastly."

Peter J. Carroll
LolaB

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Thank you, LolaB, for capturing the spirit of the OP.

(And JRiddler. that twitter thread was indeed 'fantabulous', and fitting; unfortunate it can't be reproduced properly here)
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 am

Pretty much the entirety of B.S.'s participation here at Rig Int is a textbook case of bad faith argumentation, Elvis, and a whole lot of yours is, too... especially when you don your moderator's mantle. How come it's so obvious to Peartreed and I -- and a few other long time board participants who choose to remain silent nowadays thanks in large part to you and your cohort of ideological simpaticos having been so successful at gang-stalking anyone who doesn't adhere to your specific, RT-approved brand of lazy-ass, Jimmy Dore-style pseudo-conspiracy mongering -- but an otherwise brilliant individual like you allegedly can't see it?

By the way, where's American Dream these days? In the midst of a month-long ban, I've been told. I wonder what he did to deserve such a fate, exactly? Which rule did he break? Was it a long-established rule? or one that was reverse engineered and specifically tailored to target him, like the plethora of new rules and regulations that are constantly being implemented or discussed in order to make SLaD into a retroactive Breaker of Board Rules?

Which begs the question... which part of SLaD's self-defense against B.S.'s years-long harassment campaign crossed the line into "bad faith arguing" according to you, exactly? Also, it should be noted that Peartreed and I are both reacting to behavior that took place in this thread... IN THIS THREAD. Your criticism of where we chose to raise our concerns against your flagrant favoritism and nonsensical, random application of the board rules makes zero sense, and seems to be nothing more or less than an attempt by you to set up a pretense (however false) for yet another one of your increasingly regular and specious bans or "time outs".

But hey, what's MY opinion worth? I'm always getting time outs and banishments! Isn't that all you really need to know about me? Just enough to dismiss any and all of the concerns I raise here, probably without even reading them.

Cheers!
yer old pal Jerky

Elvis » 26 Nov 2018 02:58 wrote:Peartreed and Jerky, please take your off-topic complaints, if you must, to the Rhetoric thread, thanks.

I am trying to facilitate honest and fair discussion, while responding to member complaints and alerts. Argument in bad faith is self-evident, not my opinion; it is by definition dishonest, it's destructive and disruptive, and everyone was duly warned not to do it.

:backtotopic:
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion