Magog is dead

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Magog is dead

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 am

Narco-terrorist, Episcopalian, war mongering, religious crusader, ex-CIA Director, co-conspirator in the Kennedy assassination, 9/11, Iran-Contra and thousands of other villainous enterprises that will long be buried into history's memory hole has gone the way of the Dodo, passed on to the great beyond. Creation weeps for your wretched soul! May you finally be shown the horror you have left upon the world! Thanks for nothing! Fuck your old world chaos! A thousand points of bullshit. No new Magogs!

Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked witch is dead
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead
Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!

We shouldn't ever rejoice in one's death, but, what an ASSHOLE!
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Magog is dead

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Magog's a bit surreal a name for this real human.

Bush joins The Dead Kennedys; cacophony ensues
Iamwhomiam

Postby conniption » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

wiki

Modern apocalypticism

In the early 19th century, some Chasidic rabbis identified the French invasion of Russia under Napoleon as "The War of Gog and Magog".[112] But as the century progressed, apocalyptic expectations receded as the populace in Europe began to adopt an increasingly secular worldview.[113] This has not been the case in the United States, where a 2002 poll indicated that 59% of Americans believed the events predicted in the Book of Revelation would come to pass.[114] During the Cold War the idea that Soviet Russia had the role of Gog gained popularity, since Ezekiel's words describing him as "prince of Meshek"—rosh meshek in Hebrew—sounded suspiciously like Russia and Moscow.[15] Even some Russians took up the idea, apparently unconcerned by the implications ("Ancestors were found in the Bible, and that was enough"), as did Ronald Reagan.[115][116]

Some post–Cold War millenarians still identify Gog with Russia, but they now tend to stress its allies among Islamic nations, especially Iran.[117] For the most fervent, the countdown to Armageddon began with the return of the Jews to Israel, followed quickly by further signs pointing to the nearness of the final battle—nuclear weapons, European integration, Israel's seizure of Jerusalem, and America's wars in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf.[118] In the prelude to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq, President George W. Bush told Jacques Chirac, "Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East". "This confrontation", he urged the French leader, "is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase His people's enemies before a new age begins".[119] Chirac consulted a professor at the Faculty of Theology of the University of Lausanne to explain Bush's reference.[120]

In the Islamic apocalyptic tradition, the end of the world would be preceded by the release of Gog and Magog, whose destruction by God in a single night would usher in the Day of Resurrection.[121] Reinterpretation did not generally continue after Classical times, but the needs of the modern world have produced a new body of apocalyptic literature in which Gog and Magog are identified as Communist Russia and China.[122] One problem these writers have had to confront is the barrier holding Gog and Magog back, which is not to be found in the modern world: the answer varies, some writers saying that Gog and Magog were the Mongols and that the wall is now gone, others that both the wall and Gog and Magog are invisible.[123]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog

~~~

December 01, 2018
What Poroshenko Gets Wrong - H.W. Bush And The Ukraine

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/12/w ... raine.html
conniption

Postby Elvis » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:38 pm

The gushing encomiums for this traitorous war criminal, bursting out all over MSM, are hard to take.

"Public service".... :barf:

It was a lifetime of service to the oil and financial sectors—and screw anyone else.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:59 pm

conniption, yeah, but still kinda funny that poppa never identified who his god is (was?) Besides, not much has been going on at Megiddo, near the plain of Jezreel, for centuries. The place is kinda dead.

Iamwhomiam

Postby thrulookingglass » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 am

When you become a member of the Skull & Bones, they give you a nickname. Poppy Bush's was Magog.
thrulookingglass

Postby peartreed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm

It has always intrigued me how opposite perspectives can be derived from the same objective facts about a lifetime, and how people can be judged entirely differently from opposing views of the same personality traits, character and performance.

George H.W. Bush is a case in point.

The preceding posts paint him as Magog, a despicable denizen of the darker days of the last few decades, while a television interview I just watched with his grandson George P. Bush described his “Gramy” as an entirely admirable icon of pure idealism.

His colleague, James Baker, recounted the GHWB final conversations focusing on George Senior’s desire to join his wife Barbara and late baby daughter Robin in Heaven. Yet a good many of his enemies are convinced his ultimately deserved destination is Hell.

The indifferent majority likely couldn’t care less either way as his time in the spotlight of the political circus has passed, and the current Big Top clown is taking all the headline attention. We lose interest as the celebrities exit the limelight.

Yet even Trump has his loyal base fans and his fervent, even fanatical enemies that will probably hold for his own lifetime.

To what, in this vast dichotomy, do we ascribe the mind-boggling differences in basic human perception between individuals observing the same objective target?
peartreed

Postby Elvis » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:54 am

peartreed wrote:To what, in this vast dichotomy, do we ascribe the mind-boggling differences in basic human perception between individuals observing the same objective target?

Public Relations.

PR, the science of perception management, vs. the suppressed whistleblowers, witnesses and journalists who exposed GHW Bush's leading roles in the withholding of American hostages in Iran in exchange for missiles, in the Contra cocaine-for-arms operation run by Oliver North and Felix Rodriguez, and in the grotesque murders of thousands of Panamanian civilians in the operation to oust fired CIA employee Noriega. And that's just what we know about.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby thrulookingglass » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

Says something about our mockingbird corporate national media towing the party line, waxing the Edsel rather than pointing out it's safety failures. I wouldn't wish hell on anyone, quite frankly, I'm pretty sure we're living in it right now! Magog was pro-torture, I am not! People say this shit about Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Reagan, Ford, everyone's has skeletons in their closet, so blinded by the awe of our heros we fail to see the frailties. Soldiers are paid assassins, not heroes. Blows my mind that so many of these folks claim religious motives when heading to war. Violence solves nothing.
thrulookingglass

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 am

peartreed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 pm wrote:To what, in this vast dichotomy, do we ascribe the mind-boggling differences in basic human perception between individuals observing the same objective target?

Your sources are

1. The literal lifetime consigliere to the geopolitical equivalent of a mob boss who has ordered the murders of hundreds of thousands for the purpose of showing strength in a game. What did the Kaiser's underlings and lackeys have to say about what a great guy the Kaiser was, I really really want to know.

2. A grandson in the same long-running murder-mobster family. Maybe even a nice kid, he's talking about his goddamn grandfather, hello?

3. A drugged-up consumerist majority who don't remember or know shit from the time. Moooo.

The "objective target" is as described in 1: the war criminal. This is much simpler than you are letting on. I find it hard to take you seriously.
Last edited by JackRiddler on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 am

The usual crock; State Funeral, National Day of Mourning, and time to line up the remaining 4 for another pageant (where they can pretend to pretend they're making nice w/Trump--except maybe Jimmy who seems to stand apart--or whatever they agree to do for the cameras.)

‘Honorable, gracious and decent’: In death, Bush becomes a yardstick for President Trump

In this photo from Jan. 7, 2009, former president George H.W. Bush, left, joins President-elect Barack Obama, President George W. Bush, former president Bill Clinton and former president Jimmy Carter in the Oval Office. (J. Scott Applewhite/AP)

By Greg Jaffe
December 2 at 8:35 PM

The tributes to former president George H.W. Bush poured in this weekend, each in their own way exposing the pitfalls ahead this week for the Oval Office’s current resident.

The 41st president was remembered by Barack Obama, the 44th, as “a humble servant.” “Honorable, gracious and decent” were the words Bill Clinton used in praise of his immediate predecessor. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s encomium described Bush as “great in his character, leading with decency and integrity.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 5f45f8d15d

beloved
:barf:

thrulookingglass » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:24 pm wrote:When you become a member of the Skull & Bones, they give you a nickname. Poppy Bush's was Magog.

Maybe the death of Papa 'Magog' will free Baby 'Temporary' to find permanence.

George W...
His nickname was "Temporary" since he failed to choose a name.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Grizzly » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:19 pm

I'd play this at his grave ...

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:42 pm

I'll take Clinton next, ninety-four year old brain cancer survivor Carter to outlive him, if you give me 2:1. I'll take Carter to outlive Clinton and Trump if you give me 5:1. Actuarially a gimme. What do you say?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby peartreed » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm

I think Carter has the edge over Clinton and Trump, especially if there is such a thing as karma tickling the fickle finger of fate.

Thanks for the commentary in response to my query on GHWB’s reputation.

Sometimes a tongue-in-cheek tease will elicit very interesting gut reactions.

While the glowing eulogies about 41 clog the airwaves it is a striking contrast that many of the viewers share a very different, mostly negative opinion about his life and legacy. It begs the further question, “Who do the world leaders and mainstream media think they are fooling?” And more importantly, “Why all the bullshit?”

Elvis is right that PR and propaganda polish and distort the man’s image and presidency to create a false fame, framed by fiction rather than factual findings. The others are also correct in citing the horrors of his historical harm across the globe.

Yet the photo lineup of the former presidency occupants illustrates a friendly formation of self-congratulatory figures sharing the pinnacle of success, despite all of them individually having eviscerated one another in former political rivalry.

It is the hypocrisy that is the most resilient and striking survivor of society, and I still wonder why we tolerate it. At what point, if ever, will the populace rise in unison to object? Or are we really all simply wimps willing to defer to the elite establishment’s controlled and contrived narrative of what we should believe.
peartreed

Postby Cordelia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:53 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 pm wrote:I'll take Clinton next, ninety-four year old brain cancer survivor Carter to outlive him, if you give me 2:1. I'll take Carter to outlive Clinton and Trump if you give me 5:1. Actuarially a gimme. What do you say?

I won't engage in any contest w/you Jack except that I bet my age catches up w/my IQ (relatively) faster than yours does yours. :wink

Oh good, now The Journey Of The Casket.

Air Force One turns into 'Special Air Mission 41' for Bush casket journey

President Donald Trump's Air Force One, which has been redesignated as 'Special Air Mission 41' in a "special tribute" to George H W Bush, arrived here to transport the body of the former president to Washington for a state funeral at National Cathedral on Wednesday.

Bush, the 41st president of the US who led America during the dramatic collapse of the Soviet Union and engineered the defeat of an audacious Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, died in Houston on Friday at the age of 94.

President Trump, who has announced a national day of mourning on Wednesday, said on Saturday that the Air Force One will bring the casket of Bush to Washington, describing it as "a special tribute that the former president deserves very much."

By tradition, the aircraft is called Air Force One when the president is on board. President Trump is not travelling on the aircraft, so the plane has been redesignated as "Special Air Mission 41" to honour Bush.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/Article/ag ... et-journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6w6VF_0pdQ

Was there this amount of ballyhoo for Reagan? Certainly not for Ford...... Wait, there must have been more for Reagan but since Bush failed to out him in 1981, he deserves to out-do him now.

Edited to add live coverage of the 'Special Air Mission 41', etc, etc...
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Next

Return to SLAD Newswire