Dark Lord Hacker Group and 911 Docs?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Dark Lord Hacker Group and 911 Docs?

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Anyone looked into the allegedly leaked docs yet?

Hacker group releases '9/11 Papers', says future leaks will 'burn down' US deep state
Published time: 4 Jan, 2019 10:27
Edited time: 4 Jan, 2019 14:41

Hacker group releases '9/11 Papers', says future leaks will 'burn down' US deep state
The second tower of the World Trade Center explodes into flames after being hit by a airplane, New York September 11, 2001 © Reuters / Sara K. Schwittek

The Dark Overlord hacker group has released decryption keys for 650 documents it says are related to 9/11. Unless a ransom is paid, it threatened with more leaks that will have devastating consequences for the US ‘deep state’.

The document dump is just a fraction of the 18,000 secret documents related to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks believed to have been stolen from insurers, law firms, and government agencies.
Read more
© Reuters / Sean Adair Hacker group threatens to leak 9/11 ‘truth’ unless paid in bitcoin

The Dark Overlord initially threatened to release the 10GB of data unless the hacked firms paid an unspecified bitcoin ransom. However, on Wednesday, the group announced a "tiered compensation plan" in which the public could make bitcoin payments to unlock the troves of documents.

A day later, the Dark Overlord said that it had received more than $12,000 in bitcoin – enough to unlock "layer 1" and several "checkpoints," comprised of 650 documents in total.

There are four more layers that remain encrypted and, according to the group, "each layer contains more secrets, more damaging materials… and generally just more truth."

The hackers are asking for $2 million in bitcoin for the public release of its "megaleak," which it has dubbed "the 9/11 Papers."

The group has also offered to sell the documents to terrorist groups, foreign governments, and media outlets. When RT approached the hackers for comment, they proposed providing the channel exclusive access to the potentially explosive papers – for a price, of course.

“They were willing to sell those documents to me. So it’s all about money for them,” RT America correspondent Michelle Greenstein said.

By design, the "layer 1" documents – if authentic – do not appear to contain any explosive revelations. The publications focus mostly on testimonies from airport security and details concerning insurance pay-outs to parties affected by the 9/11 attacks. However, the data dump suggests that the group is not bluffing.

"Let this serve as more definitive proof that what we're saying is true, and that we're doing exactly as we promised you. Continue to keep the bitcoins flowing, and we'll continue to keep the truth flowing," they wrote in a message that included the decryption keys.

The documents – which were immediately scrubbed from Reddit, Pastebin and Twitter – are available for download on Steemit at the time of writing.

Shortly after releasing the decryption keys, the group posted an ultimatum addressed to "the nation-state of the United States of America and the greater deep-state."

"To all the other parties involved (airlines, litigation firms, investigation firms, FBI, TSA, FAA, banks, security companies and more), we're going to burn you down unless you begin to 'play ball,'" the message reads.

Apparently angered by the fact that the ransom has not yet been met, the message warned: "We're peeling these layers back like an onion. No one can save you except for us. Pay the f*** up."

Although the group insists that it is financially motivated and not interested in "hacktivism," they nonetheless expressed hope that continued crowd-funding would secure the full release of the 18,000 documents.
Read more
TV Host Steve Harvey © Lucas Jackson Dark Overlord strikes again: Mysterious hacker leaks new ABC TV show

"We can't allow the mainstream media to silence the truth any longer. We must ensure their propaganda is crushed by the truths we're dealing today," the hackers wrote after providing the decryption keys for "layer 1."

The Dark Overlord claim to have hacked documents from not only major global insurers like Lloyds of London and Hiscox, but also Silverstein Properties, which owned the World Trade Center complex, and various government agencies.

The "megaleak" purportedly includes secret documents that were meant to be destroyed but were instead retained by legal firms, allegedly revealing "the truth about one of the most recognizable incidents in recent history."

The group emerged in 2016 and has been responsible for numerous extortion schemes involving hacked data. The Dark Overlord infamously leaked an entire season of Netflix's Orange is the New Black last year after a ransom was not met.

https://www.rt.com/usa/448058-dark-over ... september/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Dark Lord Hacker Group and 911 Docs?

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:19 pm

THANK YOU!

CYBERCRIME

By Joseph Cox

Jan 4 2019, 9:22am
The Dark Overlord Decrypts More 9/11 Insurance Files
After apparently raising thousands of dollars through a crowdfunding effort, The Dark Overlord have decrypted a set of the 9/11 attack connected litigation documents.

On New Year’s Eve, Motherboard broke the news that a hacking group known as The Dark Overlord was threatening to release a cache of stolen insurance and legal documents related to the 9/11 attacks. After distributing a small preview set of files, the group has now publicly released a decryption key for more files, meaning anyone can download and read them.

The news gives insight into how hacking groups may be evolving in their extortion efforts; opting to drip out stolen material bit by bit, while generating public interest through the media and their own announcements, all to exert pressure on the ransom victim.

“We've said it before, and we'll say it again: we're financially motivated, and you (the public) has spoken to us in our language (internet money, specifically Bitcoin),” The Dark Overlord wrote in a message published Friday.

Got a tip? You can contact this reporter securely on Signal on +44 20 8133 5190, OTR chat on jfcox@jabber.ccc.de, or email joseph.cox@vice.com.

Twitter banned The Dark Overlord’s account on Wednesday. Reddit followed suit shortly after. In response, The Dark Overlord is now publishing its announcements on Steemit, a blockchain-based and harder to moderate platform. The Shadow Brokers, a self-described hacking group that released a slew of NSA hacking tools, used the same platform for their communications.

The stolen data itself allegedly comes from a legal firm that advised Hiscox Group, a Hiscox spokesperson previously told Motherboard in a statement. The previously released documents included presentation slide decks, legal correspondence between law firms, and letters from a handful of government agencies. 9/11 conspiracy theorists have been particularly interested in the release of the documents, with internet commenters and several conspiracy-minded YouTubers making videos saying that they hope they will somehow reveal a vast conspiracy around the attacks.

Motherboard successfully decrypted this new release with the provided key. The material appears to be much in the same vein, but larger, with the archive sizing in at around 70MB.

In all, The Dark Overlord’s encrypted archive, which the group distributed to journalists and has put online for anyone to download, comes in at around 10GB. The majority of it remains locked off, however.

The group released the data after receiving 3 bitcoin, or around $11,000, as part of its self-announced crowdfunding effort.

“Continue to keep the bitcoins flowing, and we'll continue to keep the truth flowing. Remember, Cyber-Cash for Cyber-Cache,” the group’s message adds.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ance-files

What is ‘The Dark Overlord’ — and does its ’9/11 Papers’ reveal a real conspiracy?

Matthew Martinez
The hacker group calling itself “The Dark Overlord” says it has proof of a 9/11 conspiracy, and that the sensitive document dump has already begun.

The hacker syndicate announced on New Year’s Eve that it had stolen 18,000 sensitive insurance documents from businesses with cases in court surrounding the attacks on America on Sept. 11, 2001, according to Newsweek.

“Edward Snowden leaks were quite impressive and caught the world’s attention due to the highly sensitive nature of the materials and the global impact. What we’re about to announce and leak will top Edward Snowden’s finest work, both in volume and in impact,” the announcement, initially posted to a coding text storage forum called Pastebin, read, before it was removed, according to Newsweek. “Pay the f--- up, or we’re going to bury you with this. We’re not motivated by political thoughts. We’re not hacktivists. We’re motivated only by our pursuit of internet money.”

The group’s latest Twitter account was suspended after the threat to release the documents was posted to the social media site.

That pursuit of money is one of The Dark Overlord’s calling cards. The group has been previously tied to hacks of a Hollywood production studio, according to Forbes, and of a London plastic surgeon’s office that caters to celebrity clientele, according to Sky News.

The group said on a recent forum that its future releases will include information that supports claims of UFO sightings, Newsweek reported.

“The group has a history of hacking organisations to obtain sensitive information before demanding money in exchange for not leaking it into the public domain,” according to the UK’s National Cyber Security Centre. “They leak snippets of data to the media to encourage them to report on their activity. This is aimed at “proving” that a breach has taken place, and increases the pressure on the victim to pay the ransom. ‘The Dark Overlord’ has been responsible for indiscriminately targeting health institutions, schools and media production companies over the last year.”

This latest purported hack and document dump is another extortion attempt, aimed at the businesses involved in the 9/11-related litigation. A series of posts on a social network called Steemit, attributed to a user called “thedarkoverlord,” lists the step-by-step for accessing the 650 pages of documents it says have already been released.

They call their release the “9/11 Papers.”

The Dark Overlord says it hit several high-profile legal firms and insurance companies in its latest attack, according to Motherboard, including Hiscox Syndicates Ltd., Lloyds of London and Silverstein Properties. The Dark Overlord’s strategy for “proving” the hack is real is to demand money from the extortion victims, while also publicly releasing bits and pieces at a time to increase the pressure on the victim companies to deal with the hackers.

A Hiscox Group spokesperson said in a statement that The Dark Overlord hackers breached the computer system of a law firm the company does business with, and had probably stolen files related to litigation surrounding the 9/11 attacks, the website reported.

“The law firm’s systems are not connected to Hiscox’s IT infrastructure and Hiscox’s own systems were unaffected by this incident. One of the cases the law firm handled for Hiscox and other insurers related to litigation arising from the events of 9/11, and we believe that information relating to this was stolen during that breach,” the statement reads.

The “9/11 Papers” leak is ongoing, happening in what The Dark Overlord calls “layers,” according to the string of posts on Steemit. When certain milestone amounts of bitcoin have been donated securely through the group’s online bitcoin wallet, new alleged documents are released, with the last of the alleged 18,000 documents purported to be the most damaging.

McClatchy has not accessed the leaked documents and cannot independently verify that the Steemit user “thedarkoverlord” is, in fact, a member of the hacker collective.

“They really don’t give a f---,” cybersecurity reporter Joseph Cox said of The Dark Overlord on a recent cybersecurity podcast. “And they really are trying to f--- with the victim every way they can.”
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 15255.html
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Ah, intended to get around to posting about this earlier. Thanks for starting this thread.

Here's a G-docs link to "layer 1" documents; haven't had the opportunity to look through the content yet:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... LKl-za__HA

Check out this quote, loaded with all manner of not-so-subtle admonitions of any entity that may question the official narrative of 911:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ance-files

The stolen data itself allegedly comes from a legal firm that advised Hiscox Group, a Hiscox spokesperson previously told Motherboard in a statement. The previously released documents included presentation slide decks, legal correspondence between law firms, and letters from a handful of government agencies. 9/11 conspiracy theorists have been particularly interested in the release of the documents, with internet commenters and several conspiracy-minded YouTubers making videos saying that they hope they will somehow reveal a vast conspiracy around the attacks.

In all, The Dark Overlord’s encrypted archive, which the group distributed to journalists and has put online for anyone to download, comes in at around 10GB. The majority of it remains locked off, however.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 am

I'm going to wait and let others look into this, if it ever comes out. Tainted beyond repair by the hype and edgelord bullshit from the seller-extorters (which is how they've identified themselves). Would be a pretty good way to conduct a limited hangout, discredit whatever is revealed, and mix in fabrications. Quite a contrast to Wikileaks, by the way!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Just did a search for Dark Overlord on Google News to see if there were any updates, and for the first time I can remember it returned exactly no results. Nothing, zip, nada. On other subjects it will often display articles going back months, but not even the Motherboard article from a couple of weeks ago is there. The best part is they haven't scrubbed the predictive search, so if you type in Dark Overlord it will suggest all kinds of results like Dark Overlord hackers / insurance / 9/11 / hacker group etc., but none of those searches return anything to do with the actual case.

Did they scrub it in anticipation of Article 13 in the new EU regulations or something? Do people in the US / Canada get the same thing?

Btw: regular Google still returns tons of results. Apparently they just dropped part 2 of the files.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Whatever its past value (moderate), Google News has been rendered almost useless in the last couple of years, mainly by the epic dumb-down in format and delivery, also by the push to censor "fake news" (if it's not the U.S. corporate media's). It was a fairly neutral aggregator and search tool before, now it's little more than a quick indicator of what the U.S. corporate media is going nuts about in any given hour.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Yeah, it's been going downhill. I still have the US version as my start page just to get a quick overview of what's happening, and I use it to check the headlines in Norway, but ever since smartphones and tablets became dominant it's turned to shit. I rarely click anything there anymore, and on the rare occasion I do it usually redirects me to Youtube and some inane talking head. Everything has to be dumbed down for the unwashed masses.

Anyway - looks like it was a snafu of some kind. Search results are now back for Dark Overlord.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 pm

But regarding the topic, let's have a sense of the house:

- Who thinks it likely there are things in there that are real, new to us, and important?

- Has the Dark Lord schtick tainted it all, real or not?

- Is this a limited hangout or, more likely, a preemption or inoculation move?

JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Good questions. My prelim/off-the-cuff remarks:

- Who thinks it likely there are things in there that are real, new to us, and important?

At least some of these docs appear to be 'real'; I downloaded and reviewed a small portion of the legal docs (affidavits, filed claims, etc.), which look genuine. New and important to us? Meh. There may be certain 'breadcrumbs' to be found, but nothing that would alter the myriad theories/perspectives already out there.

(it should be noted, however, that 'Dark Lord' claims the truly salacious/damning documents have yet to be revealed/unleashed. This 'sample dissemination' of docs was ostensibly carried out as a signal to 'the insiders' that Dark Lord's threats are legit).

- Has the Dark Lord schtick tainted it all, real or not?

Jury is still out on this one, but I'd lean towards yes; we'll have a better sense of this in the coming weeks ahead, pending additional reports/findings, if any.

- Is this a limited hangout or, more likely, a preemption or inoculation move?

Potential is there for some/all of the above.

Thing is though, other than first-hand testimony/evidence (explicitly or strongly suggesting circumstances outside the 'official' narratives) that may be buried amid the legal docs (and even if such material is uncovered, it may well be a 'plant'/inoculation move, as JR suggests above), what other possible 'revelation' can we expect to be uncovered here that would be stored in written form?

There's been no indication thus far from the various 'enthusiasts' following this story (via various alt sites/forums/blogs) that any of the material shared to date contains distinctly noteworthy material. At least not anything, again, that would truly deviate from or confirm existing speculation.

It's seems fantastical to expect there'd be content related to planning and/or execution of the event generated or maintained in any form that would allow for subsequent discovery.

(Not to mention: there's never been any actual, independent investigation of the rubble/destruction and/or events of that day. Documents that may provide insight/transcripts of statements into stalling tactics -- or outright purposeful obfuscation -- would lend more credibility to this Dark Lord story.)

I'm including a couple articles that -- although from standard corporate news sources, and should be filtered accordingly -- touch on this last point. Nothing that hasn't already been addressed here before, I imagine.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... bigcoverup

(embedded links found at source)

9/11 - the big cover-up?
Peter Tatchell

Wed 12 Sep 2007 05.30 EDT
First published on Wed 12 Sep 2007 05.30 EDT

Even the chair of the 9/11 Commission now admits that the official evidence they were given was 'far from the truth'.

Six years after 9/11, the American public have still not been provided with a full and truthful account of the single greatest terror attack in US history.

What they got was a turkey. The 9/11 Commission was hamstrung by official obstruction. It never managed to ascertain the whole truth of what happened on September 11 2001.

The chair and vice chair of the 9/11 Commission, respectively Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, assert in their book, Without Precedent, that they were "set up to fail" and were starved of funds to do a proper investigation. They also confirm that they were denied access to the truth and misled by senior officials in the Pentagon and the federal aviation authority; and that this obstruction and deception led them to contemplate slapping officials with criminal charges.

Despite the many public statements by 9/11 commissioners and staff members acknowledging they were repeatedly lied to, not a single person has ever been charged, tried, or even reprimanded, for lying to the 9/11 Commission.

From the outset, the commission seemed to be hobbled. It did not start work until over a year after the attacks. Even then, its terms of reference were suspiciously narrow, its powers of investigation curiously limited and its time-frame for producing a report unhelpfully short - barely a year to sift through millions of pages of evidence and to interview hundreds of key witnesses.

The final report did not examine key evidence, and neglected serious anomalies in the various accounts of what happened. The commissioners admit their report was incomplete and flawed, and that many questions about the terror attacks remain unanswered. Nevertheless, the 9/11 Commission was swiftly closed down on August 21 2004.

I do not believe in conspiracy theories. I prefer rigorous, evidence-based analysis that sifts through the known facts and utilises expert opinion to draw conclusions that stand up to critical scrutiny. In other words, I believe in everything the 9/11 Commission was not.

The failings of the official investigation have fuelled too many half-baked conspiracy theories. Some of the 9/11 "truth" groups promote speculative hypotheses, ignore innocent explanations, cite non-expert sources and jump to conclusions that are not proven by the known facts. They convert mere coincidence and circumstantial evidence into cast-iron proof. This is no way to debunk the obfuscations and evasions of the 9/11 report.

But even amid the hype, some of these 9/11 groups raise valid and important questions that were never even considered, let alone answered, by the official investigation. The American public has not been told the complete truth about the events of that fateful autumn morning six years ago.

What happened on 9/11 is fundamentally important in its own right. But equally important is the way the 9/11 cover-up signifies an absence of democratic, transparent and accountable government. Establishing the truth is, in part, about restoring honesty, trust and confidence in American politics.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... edirect=on

By HOPE YEN
The Associated Press
Friday, August 4, 2006; 10:50 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Sept. 11 commission was so frustrated with repeated misstatements by the Pentagon and FAA about their response to the 2001 terror attacks that it considered an investigation into possible deception, the panel's chairmen say in a new book.

Republican Thomas Kean and Democrat Lee Hamilton also say in "Without Precedent" that their panel was too soft in questioning former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani _ and that the 20-month investigation may have suffered for it.

The book, a behind-the-scenes look at the investigation, recounts obstacles the authors say were thrown up by the Bush administration, internal disputes over President Bush's use of the attacks as a reason for invading Iraq, and the way the final report avoided questioning whether U.S. policy in the Middle East may have contributed to the attacks.
ad_icon

Kean and Hamilton said the commission found it mind-boggling that authorities had asserted during hearings that their air defenses had reacted quickly and were prepared to shoot down United Airlines Flight 93, which appeared headed toward Washington.

In fact, the commission determined _ after it subpoenaed audiotapes and e-mails of the sequence of events _ that the shootdown order did not reach North American Aerospace Command pilots until after all of the hijacked planes had crashed.

The book states that commission staff, "exceedingly frustrated" by what they thought could be deception, proposed a full review into why the FAA and the Pentagon's NORAD had presented inaccurate information. That ultimately could have led to sanctions.

Due to a lack of time, the panel ultimately referred the matter to the inspectors general at the Pentagon and Transportation Department. Both are preparing reports, spokesmen said this week.

"Fog of war could explain why some people were confused on the day of 9/11, but it could not explain why all of the after-action reports, accident investigations and public testimony by FAA and NORAD officials advanced an account of 9/11 that was untrue," the book states.

The questioning of Giuliani was considered by Kean and Hamilton "a low point" in the commission's examination of witnesses during public hearings. "We did not ask tough questions, nor did we get all of the information we needed to put on the public record," they wrote.

Commission members backed off, Kean and Hamilton said, after drawing criticism in newspaper editorials for sharp questioning of New York fire and police officials at earlier hearings. The editorials said the commission was insensitive to the officials' bravery on the day of the attacks.

"It proved difficult, if not impossible, to raise hard questions about 9/11 in New York without it being perceived as criticism of the individual police and firefighters or of Mayor Giuliani," Kean and Hamilton said.

Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

it should be noted, however, that the 'Dark Lord' claims the truly salacious/damning documents have yet to be revealed/unleashed

Could be, sure. But this is also the way followed by countless such phenomena that picked up a cult following -- from Fitzmas and #Russiagate to QAnon and that Andrew Lloyd Whatever 9/11 insider claims guy from some years ago. We're always "Waiting for Sibel," you know what I mean? Even Ruppert did this, though he usually stayed on the safer ground of either presenting the results of an investigation without prior announcements, or just being oracular and seeing which predictions ended up as hits. The only one who delivers concrete stuff on almost every advance claim, often explosive, is Wikileaks. They fucked up on that Bank of America harddrive claim, if you remember, but when they promise they consistently produce material that's real (never has been fabricated) and usually big. (I'm also sure there is plenty of Snowden material that's been held off, and Panama Papers surely have yet to be plumbed properly.) Anyway, the point is that there is a distinction here among these examples, that being between A. real goods intended for publication, whether or not incompetently handled, whether or not for cynical reasons, and B. just grifting to maintain attention or build a cult (though we can argue which is which for a couple of these cases). This Dark Lord doesn't just feel like the latter, they've said as much. They're in it for the money, etc. etc.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes, agreed. As alluded in my prior missive, it will be interesting to see where this goes in the weeks+ ahead, as it may provide better insight into intent.

Or further muddying of waters.
Belligerent Savant

Return to 9/11