Vaccine - Autism link

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Vaccine - Autism link

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:52 pm

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -next.html

“There are a couple of reasons for this,” Hogan says. “This is a very tight-knit community. And so even with a small percentage of unvaccinated children, there’s just a lot more insularity, so it’s spreading. And to be clear, it appears that the outbreak began from travelers who in some cases were from Europe, several from those who went to Israel and caught the measles and brought it back. So it’s not just like one person brought it. And now we’re seeing this whole evolving situation.”

In her reporting, Hogan is trying to understand why this community has continually had trouble with measles. Which brought her to the Vaccine Safety Handbook.

“[It’s] a project of PEACH, which stands for Parents Educating and Advocating for Children’s Health,” she says. “This pamphlet has been out for several years, but when the outbreak began last October, it was sent to some Orthodox homes and neighborhoods.”

The pamphlet just appeared in people’s mailboxes. In New York and New Jersey, it was passed between friends and family members and circulated through the community. I’ve seen this pamphlet—it looks professional. It resembles something you might find in a doctor’s office. But it is different.

“It’s full of all these big questions, like Why are autism rates going up?” Hogan says. “It posits all these questions, and then it says all this information about vaccines—it sort of puts vaccines in parallel to all these, every possible ailment. So it asks these questions and gives you this information about vaccines, sowing these kind of seeds of fear. Well, maybe it’s vaccines, you know—the reader jumps to that conclusion.”

In the pamphlet, one thing that stood out to me was a cartoon of a doctor with a needle telling a mother that vaccines are totally safe. And then in the next panel, the doctor drops the vaccine and it spills on the floor and he says to the nurse, It’s biohazard. Call the EPA! Everything here we can’t touch! It sets up this conflict and pushes the reader to ask, Is this vaccine good? Is what was in the vial safe?

Hmmm. Are those mercury fillings in your mouth safe?

Knowing about the history of this community, the way information moves through it, I asked Hogan how public health officials have responded to this outbreak. They took drastic steps. Back in December, the city barred unvaccinated children from attending yeshivas in Brooklyn. And then, just in the past couple of weeks, we’ve seen even more steps in Rockland County, New York, which is another place where there’s a significant Orthodox Jewish population.

“The Rockland County executive declared a state of emergency for a period of 30 days, which he could potentially extend, [and now] unvaccinated children are banned from public places,” Hogan says.

She continues: “They say they’re not planning on enforcing this. To be clear, they’re banned from public indoor spaces. They can go to parks and they can be on the streets, but restaurants, malls, that kind of thing, they’re not allowed there. They’re saying they’re not going to be patrolling, they’re not gonna have a list of immunization records, you don’t have to have an ID card that says you’ve been vaccinated. But it seems that there could be enforcement retroactively.”

If the measles spreads and an unvaccinated child was in a public place, then the parents could be held liable.

“I’m not gonna argue that there’s anything good about people getting measles—of course it’s terrible,” he says. “But if you look at vaccination numbers across the country, 91.5 percent of 3-year-olds have received their first MMR [measles, mumps, and rubella] vaccination in the U.S. That’s the same rate that you saw five years ago and 10 years ago, and I think 15 years ago. The rate is not changing.”

He continues: “The national rate is incredibly stable. I mean, doing a lot of health reporting, it’s surprising to see something so stable. The norm for vaccination in the U.S. is very strong and unchanging. And so there’s this media narrative that the anti-vaxxer menace is growing, is spreading through social media. It’s just not borne out by the facts. You asked what’s the danger. Well, I think the danger, when you start amplifying the message and reach of very fringe groups, is that you’re perhaps eroding that norm. That’s one danger.”

Engber has also argued that anti-vaccine stories take up a lot of oxygen in the health and science space—that the media spend a lot of time talking about anti-vaxxers. National headlines have touted that the number of unvaccinated kids has quadrupled in the United States in recent years.

“That sounds terrible,” he says. “[But] to be clear, it’s quadrupling from a very small number to something that’s still a small number. But the CDC report at that time made it very clear that the source of that quadrupling was not anti-vaxxer propaganda, but social inequality—it’s kids who don’t have health insurance, kids who don’t have access to good health care, and the racial disparities in who is getting vaccinated in the U.S.”

“What’s relevant there is what people think in that county in Washington state and maybe Washington as a whole. I just don’t think what you and I say in New York City matters to those local vaccination rules,” he says. “I have two objections to the coverage. One is factual, and one is tone. The factual part is, there’s just no evidence that the anti-vaxxer movement is stronger today than it was 20 years ago. So as a journalist, as a science journalist, it’s just wrong—that kind of coverage that paints this as a growing menace.”

He continues: “I do have a problem with the tone. It’s not that it’s fearmongering—I think in local communities, fearmongering is very effective. That’s why there have been 17,000 vaccinations in Rockland County. That’s why there was a 500 percent increase in Washington state around the area of that outbreak. Parents are scared and they’re getting vaccinated, and that is just a self-correction of this silliness of parents not getting vaccinated and not thinking it’s important. The tone problem, as far as I see it, is that there’s this outrage around it. Since 91.5 percent of kids are vaccinated and that is unchanging, we can say that almost all parents are on the right side of this issue. But I mean people are really, really furious, and that bothers me ’cause I think it is just like a useless outrage at our fellow citizens.”

Oh, so people are actually still getting vaccinated at the same rates as always except when they cannot afford vaccinations! Hmmm. And nobody is dying of the measles. So all of the antisemitic hatred and fascist mandates against free speech and informed consent are actually potentially authoritarian overreactions aimed at demonizing anyone who questions any authoricratic pronouncement of our authoricrats?
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:02 pm

https://www.care2.com/causes/new-york-d ... break.html

Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot gave an unflinching statement on the announcement of this official emergency, saying “As a pediatrician, I know the MMR vaccine is safe and effective. This outbreak is being fueled by a small group of anti-vaxxers in these neighborhoods. They have been spreading dangerous misinformation based on fake science.”

Dr. Oxiris Barbot is a pediatrician and Health Commissioner! His judgment cannot possibly be questioned by healthy peons who want to control what substances enter their own bodies!

In February of this year the health department also directed physicians serving the Orthodox Jewish community to offer an extra dose of the MMR vaccine for children between six months and 11 months in the Williamsburg and Borough Park area. This early dose would give children an extra layer of protection during this precarious time.

LOL. That's the prescription! An "extra layer of protection" beyond the CDC's own recommendations! Has this newly sanctioned "extra dose" recommendation ever been tested to confirm that it is more beneficial than harmful! Of course not! But who needs data about any of this when we can substitute the authoritative pronouncements of authorities instead!

There’s no question that vaccines are safe, effective and life-saving,” Mayor de Blasio said in a press release. ”I urge everyone, especially those in affected areas, to get their (completely untested extra doses of) MMR vaccines to protect their children, families and communities.”
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm

https://www.macon.com/news/article229436909.html

New York City has issued summonses to three people for flouting an emergency order to vaccinate their children for measles.

The violations announced Thursday were issued to parents of unvaccinated children who had been exposed to measles. The parents could face a $1,000 fine if a hearing officer upholds the summons.

Round them up!
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:07 pm

If people are so terrified of a vaccine that has been in use for decades with amazing results, here's a thought: vaccinate everyone! That's what we did with smallpox, and it is now completely gone and we don't have to vaccinate for it at all. No more vaccine!

That was where we were headed with measles too, until the pro-diseasers took Wakefield's lies and ran with them.

And a little reminder: measles killed 110000 people in 2017 (300 people every day), most of them children under five. Even in a country with good healthcare it will kill about 1 in 1000 infected. There's already one woman in a coma and several people hospitalized from the recent outbreak. It won't be long until someone dies.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:18 pm

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/measles-ou ... accine.php

These measures, however, may not reach the Orthodox communities where measles has taken hold. The mandate is a waste of time, says a mother who is a member of an Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn. “Honestly most Hasidim in Williamsburg don’t have access to the news or social media,” she told me in a text message on Tuesday. “It’s a completely insular community, I don’t even know anyone in Williamsburg. So unless they poster everywhere it will be a lost cause.”

Stupid Jewish Luddites

The mother is a rarity in her congregation. Soon after New York County issued its March 26 ban on unvaccinated children in public spaces, she received a congregation-wide email from her rabbi, saying that he had consulted with rabbinical and medical authorities, and asking that anyone who chooses not to vaccinate themselves or their children not attend services or any community events until the health crisis ends. The mother and her husband hide their decision not to vaccinate from the rest of the community for fear of being shunned and shut out of local private schools.

That's more like it. They should make unvacinnated children wear something. You know, like a colored triangle.

Her access to health media, too, is selective. She reads scientific studies on vaccines at a pace—she estimates over one hundred in the past three years. She first heard about the current measles outbreak on an anti-vaxxer WhatsApp group of roughly 50 other women she belongs to. (There is a counterpart group for fathers as well.)

While she receives publications encouraging vaccines and explaining the science behind them, the mother reads them, but doesn’t believe what they say, and calls them “condescending.” Tzim Gezint, the publication produced by the Hudson Valley Health Coalition and the New York State Department of Health to target the local Jewish community, she says, is “propaganda based on emotion to scare people, basically brainwashing.” Tzim Gezint was originally sent to every household in Monroe County and is now distributed in local pediatricians’ offices in New York’s Orthodox communities. It is one of the only publications Orthodox families have access to when deciding whether or not to vaccinate their children. “Just imagine how you would feel if your unvaccinated child was the one to put a young cancer patient’s life at risk,” the mother reads, mocking the brochure.

So she's read over 100 scientific papers discussing vaccination, yet she considers publications encouraging vaccines and explaining the science behind them "condescending" and "propaganda based on emotion to scare people, basically brainwashing"? Wait a minute. How can it be possible that she does not trust the authoritarian proclamations of authorities over her own scientific research?

The editor of Voz Iz Neias? (What Is News?), a New York-based news blog, says the Orthodox anti-vax movement is an iteration of the larger anti-vax movement in the US. “There is no such thing as a religious reason for not being vaccinated,” the editor, who is Charedi Orthodox and protects his identity from the community, says. He also uses his platform to give the outbreak “maximum coverage, so the community can be informed of the danger.” However, he does voice concern that the Rockland County ban on unvaccinated minors in public places will increase prejudice against the Jewish community.

Anonymous authoritarian pronouncements are a welcome antidote to those who dare do theiir own research to come to their own conclusions.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38 pm

DrEvil » 22 Apr 2019 20:07 wrote:If people are so terrified of a vaccine that has been in use for decades with amazing results, here's a thought: vaccinate everyone! That's what we did with smallpox, and it is now completely gone and we don't have to vaccinate for it at all. No more vaccine!

That was where we were headed with measles too, until the pro-diseasers took Wakefield's lies and ran with them.

And a little reminder: measles killed 110000 people in 2017 (300 people every day), most of them children under five. Even in a country with good healthcare it will kill about 1 in 1000 infected. There's already one woman in a coma and several people hospitalized from the recent outbreak. It won't be long until someone dies.

And how many vaccine injuries occur per 100,000 vaccinated? Oh, wait. No one can answer that because manufacturer funded vaccine "safety tests" typically include only a few hundred subjects, classify injuries as vaccine-related at the manufacturers' discretion, and use aluminium adjuvants and/or other vaccines as their "placebo controls" for "baselines" for determining side effect rates.

Measles is a terrible disease in countries in which children are malnourished. I personally believe that measles vaccination confers far more benefit than risk to such populations, but this is just my guess. There are certainly no data available that confirm that the MMR vaccine definitely confers more benefit than cost and risk among well nourished children. It is quite possible, maybe even probable, that its benefit vs. cost and risk profile is unassailable and its QALY per dollar is relatively low. But no serious attempts (ones that include non-zero rates of vaccine injuries) have ever been made to collect or analyze these data.

Thus, we mandate vaccination based solely on our FAITH that its benefits MUST exceed its costs and risks for every conceivable population and sub-population. And when people, even fully vaccinated people, start contracting measles? Well, then let's recommend a completely untested "extra dose" on the basis of our dataless FAITH that this will definitely confer "extra protection" without any potential shred of extra risk. We don't need any stinking data when we all already KNOW that when it comes to vaccines, the more injections the merrier! Always and forever in perpetuity. No safety data required!
Last edited by stickdog99 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:45 pm

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/ny-he ... s.1046618/

A Brooklyn judge has sided with New York health officials to uphold a mandatory measles vaccinations order, dismissing a lawsuit from a group of parents who claimed the city had overstepped its authority.

Judge Lawrence Knipel on Thursday refused parents' request to lift the vaccination order that was imposed last week to stem a severe measles outbreak. "A fireman need not obtain the informed consent of the owner before extinguishing a house fire," Knipel wrote in his ruling as quoted by Gothamist. "Vaccination is known to extinguish the fire of contagion."

The passive voice's authoritative pronouncement about every specific vaccine ever previously envisioned, currently manufactured, or yet to be developed is wholly infallible! No data are required to dismiss the principle of informed consent because of the monolithic authoritarian infallibility of every current and potential vaccine.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/heal ... oklyn.html

But Justice John Harlan wrote for the majority that individuals could not be forcibly vaccinated.

Yet vaccination by force was used in 1991 in Philadelphia, said Dr. Paul A. Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

A measles outbreak that year infected over 1,400 people and killed several children. It had begun in two fundamentalist churches that rejected modern medicine and practiced faith healing.

SIGN UPA court ordered that the children in those churches be vaccinated. Their families did not resist.

“They were a peaceful lot,” Dr. Offit recalled. “Once it was the law of the city, they realized it and they were pretty placid about it.”

(One church’s pastor had vaccinated her dog because the law required it, he said, yet her son died of an infection with Hib bacteria, which is prevented by a vaccine routinely given to children at two months.)

LOL at Offit's argument against the SCOTUS ruling and for physically forced vaccination! You require it for dogs, so you must treat humans the same way! Hmm, could Offit have any financial conflicts of interest underlying his quest to physically pin down and forcibly inject vaccination objectors?

Smallpox vaccination was made mandatory in parts of Europe as early as 1806, but the first attempt at forced vaccination in this country occurred in San Francisco’s Chinatown in 1900. The city nearly exploded into riots, said Dr. Howard Markel, director of the University of Michigan’s Center for the History of Medicine.

As he described it in his book “When Germs Travel,” the entire neighborhood was cordoned off by police on March 7, 1900, less than 24 hours after local health officials tentatively concluded that a scrap-wood dealer found dead in a basement cot in a dime-a-night boardinghouse had perished from plague.

Plague was then common in China and in 1899 had reached Honolulu’s Chinatown. A “controlled burn” of a few plague-infested houses ordered by the city board of health had gotten out of control and burned down 4,000 houses, leaving thousands homeless.

Hmmm. Shades of New Orleans' broken levies?

Anti-Chinese prejudice was rampant in California, and the Chinese were terrified that what had happened in Hawaii would be repeated.

The San Francisco quarantine was lifted on March 9, in part because employers needed their workers. Health inspectors and police began searching the community for the sick, beating anyone who resisted.

In May, the surgeon general in Washington telegraphed orders that federal health officials should take over response to the outbreak, cordon off Chinatown again, prevent all Chinese and Japanese people from leaving the city, disinfect all their homes — and inoculate them all with an experimental plague vaccine.

(The national panic was so great that the secretary of the Treasury briefly issued orders that all Asians could be denied transport by common carrier anywhere in the country.)

The vaccine had been invented just three years earlier by Waldemar Haffkine, an Orthodox Jew who had been driven out of Russia by anti-Semitism and had moved his laboratory to India.

The second quarantine went on for weeks, and Chinatown faced starvation until local merchants donated food. The Chinese press reported that the Haffkine vaccine had killed some Indians and that a few Chinatown residents who accepted it had fallen ill.

The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association, a civic group, sued, and a federal district judge stopped the vaccinations, saying the order singled out Asians for no medical reason.

Ultimately, the vaccination effort was dropped because the governor asked President William McKinley to step in. The local federal health official had started issuing orders so sweeping that they effectively prevented all Californians from leaving the state without his permission.

Sounds like the exact kind of world Dr. Offit prefers!
Last edited by stickdog99 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:12 pm

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9915000535

Our calculations show that negative outcomes are 4·5 times worse for measles, 2·2 times worse for chickenpox, and 5·8 times worse for rubella than would be expected in a pre-vaccine era in which the average age at infection would have been lower.

Interpretation

As vaccination makes preventable illness rarer, for some diseases, it also increases the expected severity of each case. Because estimates of case risks rely on data for severity generated during a pre-vaccine era they underestimate negative outcomes in the modern post-vaccine epidemiological landscape. Physicians and parents should understand when making decisions about their children's health and safety that remaining unvaccinated in a predominantly vaccine-protected community exposes their children to the most severe possible outcomes for many preventable diseases.

But these estimates are no reason to attempt to quantify the overall health benefit versus cost and risk profiles of vaccination with any specific vaccine vs. non-vaccination with that specific vaccine. No, since we already have 100% FAITH that the benefits of every single vaccine ever imagined or yet to be imagined always exceed its costs versus risks, these estimates can only be interpreted as yet more justification to mandate vaccination, and vaccination again, and perhaps even again and again and again. You know, for the "extra protection" that we all have FAITH that more and more of these forced injections would most definitely provide.
stickdog99

Postby identity » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 pm

from
The conspiracy theory meme as a tool of cultural hegemony:
A critical discourse analysis

a dissertation submitted by Rankin, James Edwin, Jr., Ph.D., Fielding Graduate University, 2017

Centralization of power and control facilitates hegemony. Contemporary research
indicates the United States is no longer a democracy but an oligarchy (Gilens & Page, 2014).
Sheldon Wolin, in Democracy, Inc. (2008, said the US had become an “inverted totalitarian”
[state or] “managed democracy” (p. xxiv). He states we have “tendencies in our system of
power that are opposed to the fundamental principles of constitutional democracy. Those
tendencies are, I believe, totalizing in the sense that they are obsessed with control,
expansion, superiority, and supremacy” (p. xvii). Like Mills, Wolin asserts this
totalitarianism depends on perpetual war and at its core are a group of intellectual elites who
are not acting on behalf of democracy and the majority, but for their own self-interest. This
concentration of power would seem to necessarily lead to the manipulation and control of the
general public.

[...]

Evidence of this hegemony can be observed in government. In recent decades, the
separation of powers under the U.S. Constitution has diminished. In essence, Congress has
transferred power to unelected regulatory agencies, a part of the executive branch of
government, through the power to make law through regulation. A revolving door of industry
executives being appointed to top positions in regulatory agencies and then often returning to
industry, has created a dynamic where industries now essentially control the agencies
charged with their regulation (Emord, 2008).

This “industry capture” is clearly visible in the pharmaceutical industry’s influence
over the Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC), and many other institutions connected to the industry. This influence extends to
professional and medical education, medical research and the content in medical journals,
and prescription behavior of healthcare practitioners (Emord, 2008). Members of the United
States Congress face intense pressure from industry lobbyists. Indiana Congressman Dan
Burton stated the industry has “unlimited resources . . . when they push real hard to get
something accomplished in the Congress . . . they can get it” (Burton, as quoted in Rosen,
2007). Legislation is often passed with little review by legislators. Referring to a piece of
legislation regarding prescription drugs, North Carolina Congressman Walter Jones (as
quoted in Rosen, 2007) said, "The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill. The bill was over
1,000 pages. And it got to the members of the House that morning, and we voted for it at
about 3 a.m. in the morning."

Questioning accepted research, like that supporting vaccines, will often earn someone
a conspiracist label yet there is substantial reason to raise questions. Researchers have found
as much as one-half of published psychological studies are not reproducible (Baker, 2015;
Nosek, 2015) and leading medical authorities have suggested similar problems exist in that
discipline (Ioannidis, 2005). Editors of leading peer-reviewed medical journals have
suggested flagrant conflicts of interests and methodological problems have rendered as much
as one-half of all published medical research invalid (Angell, 2009; Horton, 2015).
Some suggest conspiratorial thinking “predicts a rejection of scientific evidence in the
context of genetically modified foods, vaccinations, and climate science” (Bilewicz et al.,
2015, p. xii) yet there is evidence the “science” in each of these areas may not be so
scientific. The potential for industry’s influence over research outcomes is enormous.
Financial incentives which might lead to corruption have been identified. Some have found
industry-supported research impacts medical journal revenue (Lundh, Barbateskovic,
Hróbjartsson, & Gøtzsche, 2010). Indeed, raising questions about the legitimacy of the
regulatory approval system and processes can bring oppression via self-censorship. In 2012,
the New York Times reported the Food and Drug Administration tracked the emails of
scientists who raised questions about the agency to members of Congress and other
authorities (Lichtblau & Shane, 2012).

Politicians and agency executives are often lobbied to pass laws and implement
regulations that are ostensibly for the public good, but in reality benefit only a few companies
or segments of an industry at the expense of competing companies and the public. In 1974
economist Anne Krueger coined the term “rent seeking” where one company can manipulate
laws or regulations to gain advantage over competitors. While often attributed to
dictatorships and banana republics, widespread, global systemic administrative corruption is
found in both developed and underdeveloped societies and is well-documented (Caiden &
Caiden, 1977).

Perhaps a no more troubling example of “industry capture” of regulators by a
corporation or industry is CDC Director Dr. Julie Gerberding’s appointment as president of
Merck’s vaccine division in 2009. Shortly before joining Merck, the manufacturer of
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine, CDC researcher Dr. William Thompson,
states Dr. Gerberding orchestrated a suppression of data suggesting a potential link between
the MMR vaccine and autism in African American boys. Numerous independent studies have
shown a relationship between Thimerosal, a mercury-containing ingredient found in the
MMR vaccine, and neurodevelopmental disorders (Hooker et al., 2014).
In defense of their positions on the safety of Thimerosal, Merck, and the CDC pointed
to six studies supporting the vaccine’s safety. Hooker et al. (2014) found significant
methodological issues and evidence of malfeasance in those studies, including the CDC’s
direct commission of five of them. In August of 2015, Dr. Gerberding, now an executive vice
president at Merck, sold 38,368 of her shares in Merck stock for more than $2.3 million.
Thompson has been provided immunity from prosecution by President Obama, and
Congressman Bill Posey of Florida called for an investigation of the matter from the floor of
the U.S. House of Representatives on July 29, 2015.

More recently, a group of CDC scientists, calling themselves CDC Scientists
Preserving Integrity, Diligence and Ethics in Research (SPIDER), wrote to the CDC’s Chief
of Staff, expressing concern about the state of ethics at the agency (Gillam, 2016). In the
letter, a copy of which was sent to public watchdog group U.S. Right to Know (2016),
SPIDER members asserted the CDC’s “mission is being influenced and shaped by outside
parties and rogue interests” (p.1). Further, they charge, “Congressional intent for our agency
is being circumvented by some of our leaders. What concerns us most, is that it is becoming
the norm and not the rare exception,” the letter states. “These questionable and unethical
practices threaten to undermine our credibility and reputation as a trusted leader in public
health” (p.1). SPIDER members suggest some CDC executives’ ties to industry appear to be
influencing how the agency handles data and its recommendations.
identity

Postby DrEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:24 am

stickdog99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 22 Apr 2019 20:07 wrote:If people are so terrified of a vaccine that has been in use for decades with amazing results, here's a thought: vaccinate everyone! That's what we did with smallpox, and it is now completely gone and we don't have to vaccinate for it at all. No more vaccine!

And how many vaccine injuries occur per 100,000 vaccinated? Oh, wait. No one can answer that because manufacturer funded vaccine "safety tests" typically include only a few hundred subjects, classify injuries as vaccine-related at the manufacturers' discretion, and use aluminium adjuvants and/or other vaccines as their "placebo controls" for "baselines" for determining side effect rates.

It doesn't kill 100 children per 100,000 doses. If I remember correctly the estimate by anti-vaxxers, based on VAERS data, was 100 dead in total from all vaccines over ten years, and that number is almost certainly way overblown. The numbers aren't even in the same league.

Measles is a terrible disease in countries in which children are malnourished. I personally believe that measles vaccination confers far more benefit than risk to such populations, but this is just my guess. There are certainly no data available that confirm that the MMR vaccine definitely confers more benefit than cost and risk among well nourished children. It is quite possible, maybe even probable, that its benefit vs. cost and risk profile is unassailable and its QALY per dollar is relatively low. But no serious attempts (ones that include non-zero rates of vaccine injuries) have ever been made to collect or analyze these data.

This is nonsense. Your guess doesn't beat facts. There's decades of research showing that the measles vaccine is highly effective. It used to kill millions, then it went down to under 100,000 with widespread vaccination, and now it's up above 100,000 again in part because of anti-vaxx idiocy.
Contrary to what you seem to believe, doctors and researchers aren't just guessing, they're basing their conclusions on extensive research and real-world data.

Thus, we mandate vaccination based solely on our FAITH that its benefits MUST exceed its costs and risks for every conceivable population and sub-population. And when people, even fully vaccinated people, start contracting measles? Well, then let's recommend a completely untested "extra dose" on the basis of our dataless FAITH that this will definitely confer "extra protection" without any potential shred of extra risk. We don't need any stinking data when we all already KNOW that when it comes to vaccines, the more injections the merrier! Always and forever in perpetuity. No safety data required!

Again, nonsense. No faith involved when you have mountains of data.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Show these data to us then.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 pm

Check out what happened to an actual "mountain of data" when a Harvard computer scientist and doctor received a grant to automate the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS).

https://healthit.ahrq.gov/sites/default ... t-2011.pdf

Purpose: To develop and disseminate HIT evidence and evidence-based tools to improve healthcare decision making through the use of integrated data and knowledge management.

Scope: To create a generalizable system to facilitate detection and clinician reporting of vaccine adverse events, in order to improve the safety of national vaccination programs.

Methods: Electronic medical records available from all ambulatory care encounters in a large multi-specialty practice were used. Every patient receiving a vaccine was automatically identified, and for the next 30 days, their health care diagnostic codes, laboratory tests, and medication prescriptions were evaluated for values suggestive of an adverse event.

Results: Restructuring at CDC and consequent delays in terms of decision making have made it challenging despite best efforts to move forward with discussions regarding the evaluation of ESP:VAERS performance in a randomized trial and comparison of ESP:VAERS performance to existing VAERS and Vaccine Safety Datalink data. However, Preliminary data were collected and analyzed and this initiative has been presented at a number of national symposia. ...

Preliminary data were collected from June 2006 through October 2009 on 715,000 patients, and 1.4 million doses (of 45 different vaccines) were given to 376,452 individuals. Of these doses, 35,570 possible reactions (2.6 percent of vaccinations) were identified.

Adverse reactions were reported for 2.6% of people who got vaccinated!

This is an average of 890 possible events, an average of 1.3 events per clinician, per month. These data were presented at the 2009 AMIA conference.In addition, ESP:VAERS investigators participated on a panel to explore the perspective of clinicians, electronic health record (EHR) vendors, the pharmaceutical industry, and the FDA towards systems that use proactive, automated adverse event reporting.

Adverse events from drugs and vaccines are common, but underreported. Although 25% ofambulatory patients experience an adverse drug event, less than 0.3% of all adverse drug events and 1-13% of serious events are reported to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Likewise, fewer than 1% of vaccine adverse events are reported. Low reporting rates preclude or slow the identification of “problem” drugs and vaccines that endanger public health.

New surveillance methods for drug and vaccine adverse effects are needed.
Barriers to reporting include a lack of clinician awareness, uncertainty about when and what to report, as well as the burdens of reporting: reporting is not part of clinicians’ usual workflow, takes time, and is duplicative.

Proactive, spontaneous, automated adverse event reporting imbedded within EHRs and other information systems has the potential to speed the identification of problems with new drugs and more careful quantification of the risks of older drugs.

Unfortunately, there was never an opportunity to perform system performance assessments because the necessary CDC contacts were no longer available and the CDC consultants responsible for receiving data were no longer responsive to our multiple requests to proceed with testing and evaluation.

Translation: The CDC ghosted these scientists' requests to proceed with this project.
stickdog99

Postby chump » Thu May 16, 2019 7:50 pm

chump

Postby stickdog99 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:16 am

I see this as roughly equivalent to Venezuela in terms of Democratic party capture.
stickdog99

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion