The Democratic Party, 2019

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Democratic Party, 2019

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Clinton is not, will not be running ...period

in other news there are now 134 House Democrats for impeachment and the process has already started
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Sounder » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 pm

I hope you are right SLAD.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:29 pm

I am not sure about a whole lot of things but I am positive she will not be running for president ever again

I have my doubts that trump will even be running again

the times they are a changin' :)

Democrats are going to be getting trump's tax returns soon :D

House Judiciary Committee asks court to expedite lawsuit seeking Don McGahn's testimony

In new court filings, the House panel argues that "McGahn's testimony is urgent" and "time-sensitive"

Shira Tarlo

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee filed a motion Monday to expedite the panel's lawsuit seeking to enforce a subpoena against former White House counselor Don McGahn.

In the new court filings, counsels for the lawmakers claim that the panel's investigation has been severely delayed and diminished as a result of the White House's stonewalling and refusal to comply with document requests related to committee's oversight efforts.

Democrats on the Judiciary panel asked a federal judge in the District of Columbia to grant declaratory and injunctive relief by declaring that McGahn's refusal to comply with the panel's subpoena is "unlawful." They asked the district court judge to "issue an injunction requiring McGahn to appear before the Committee."

McGahn had previously defied a subpoena to testify before the panel about Mueller's investigation. Nadler said at the time that President Donald Trump instructed McGahn to reject the subpoenas. The panel voted to hold McGahn in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with the subpoenas.

"Each day that McGahn refuses to testify, he obstructs the committee's determination whether to recommend that the president be impeached. Each day that McGahn refuses to testify, he deprives the committee of testimony relevant to its consideration of legislation and its conduct of oversight. Each day that goes by without McGahn's testimony 'increases the danger of prejudice resulting from the loss of evidence, including the inability of witnesses to recall specific facts,'" the court document reads.

Lawyers for Democrats on the Judiciary Committee argued that the panel's "need for McGahn's testimony is urgent."

"The committee's work here is not only time-sensitive. It is also time-intensive — particularly given the thorough consideration required in determining whether to recommend articles of impeachment — and, critically, time-limited," the court filing reads.

The 116th Congress, and with it the Judiciary Committee's investigation, expires on Jan. 3, 2021.

The lawsuit to expedite McGahn's testimony comes as a majority of House Democrats now support formally opening an impeachment inquiry against Trump.

Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler has described McGahn as the committee's "most critical fact witness." He has argued that McGahn's testimony would bolster his panel's investigation and boost public support to launch impeachment proceedings against Trump.

"President Trump and the White House have repeatedly blocked witnesses from complying with committee subpoenas and documents and continue to attempt to stall progress in the courts," Nadler said in a statement Monday with the recent filing. "We are aware of this strategy to prevent Congress and the American people from hearing the truth about Trump's obstruction, which is why expediting Mr. McGahn's testimony is so very important."

Nadler issued a blitz of subpoenas last month for testimony from current and former White House aides, a move that is certain to escalate the standoff between the White House and Democrats in Congress, who are conducting sweeping investigations into the Trump administration and allegations of obstruction of justice and abuses of power by the president.

He subpoenaed former White House staff secretary Rob Porter on Monday to appear before the panel on Sept. 17, the same day the chairman has also subpoenaed Trump's first campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, and former White House aide Rick Dearborn to testify.

The White House has sought to block the testimony of current and former administration aides such as McGahn, who is seen as a the panel's most critical witness because he allegedly witnessed multiple acts of potential obstruction by the president.

McGahn was a key witness for former special counsel Robert Mueller throughout his nearly two-year investigation into the Russian interference in the 2016 election.

In his final report, Mueller detailed ten instances of possible obstruction by Trump, including one in which Trump instructed McGahn to have Mueller fired in the summer of 2017 because of alleged "conflicts of interest." McGahn declined to do so, according to the report, deciding he would "rather resign than trigger what he regarded as a potential Saturday Night Massacre."

Trump has disputed McGahn's account several times. He claimed earlier this year that he "was never going to fire Mueller" and never even "suggested firing" him.

"I don't care what [McGahn] says — it doesn't matter," Trump said.
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/27/house- ... testimony/

Trump campaign attacks AOC, Democrats: 'This is our country, not theirs'
The language used in the email is similar to the racist attack by Trump on four Democratic congresswomen of color - known as 'The Squad' - last month
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... s-n1047061
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Grizzly » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am

Fuck the DNC

I'm done. These rip off artists took the money I was giving to Mike Gravel, and gave it to themselves. They will never EVER see another dime from me.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:59 pm

This type of action by the DSCC or DNC or national Democratic party is counter productive. I'd leave the Democratic party except have no where else to go and have been frustrated and seldom ever get a candidate I actually want for nearly 50 years now. No way would I ever donate money to the national Democratic party (granted the only cash political donation I ever made was $1000 to POTUS Obama in 2008). The Democratic party does not even show up to try in my zip code.

Andrew Romanoff Accuses Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Of Trying To Push Him Out

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/29/ ... y-gardner/

(Video at the link)

DENVER (CBS4)– Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff says party bosses in D.C. have blacklisted him. He accuses the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee of trying to push him out of the race.

The DSCC is a powerful political machine that spends hundreds of millions of dollars each election and Romanoff says it is threatening polling, media and other political consultants that if they work with him, it will cut them off. The DSCC has endorsed John Hickenlooper. Romanoff says helping Hickenlooper is one thing, sabotaging his campaign is another.

snip

CBS4 asked the other two leading candidates if they’d had a similar experience. Mike Johnston’s campaign wouldn’t comment. Dan Baer’s campaign said he had no trouble hiring.

A veteran political operative with a national firm backed-up Romanoff’s claim. He asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation but said he sent Romanoff a contract and the DSCC intervened and made him pull it, threatening to blackball the firm if he didn’t.

snip

Hickenlooper endorsement dividing Colorado Democratic Party, internal emails show Party officials hotly debate how to respond to a national Democratic announcement

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/27/c ... oper-dscc/
PufPuf93

Postby RocketMan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 pm

The Democratic Party, 2019:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:26 pm

yes Democrats do not want trump spending money on a racist unnecessary wall that he promised Mexico was going to pay for

and stealing the money that was meant for rebuilding Puerto Rico

there are actually republicans that are against trump stealing also

Among the sites affected are facilities used to store hazardous waste, repair Navy ships and conduct cyber operations, that had been identified as being in need of repair or additional construction.
Puerto Rico was among the hardest hit of all US states and territories as it will see more than $400 million in funding for planned military construction projects diverted to the wall under the Pentagon's plan
In Virginia, the following projects will be affected:
Cyber Operations Facility at Joint Base Langley-Eustis will lose $10,000,000.
Navy Ships Maintenance Facility in Portsmouth will lose $26,120,000.
A project to replace a hazardous materials warehouse in Norfolk will lose $18,500,000.
A project to replace a hazardous materials warehouse in Portsmouth will lose $22,500,000.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics ... index.html

anyway trump can just draw it on a map and say he built it...his followers will believe anything

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm

I can't believe you'd actually defend that repulsive, militaristic, imperialist tweet.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:58 pm

RocketMan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm wrote:I can't believe you'd actually defend that repulsive, militaristic, imperialist tweet.

that is a disgusting nasty accusation and has no basis in fact ...I am sorry you find the need to hurl such a untruthful allegation because of an image that you failed to explain....to put into context

please stop mischaracterizing what my post says...it seems that you didn't even read it or failed to comprehend the context of your image

and your image did NOT tell the whole story ...I clarified it

I am for Puerto Rico getting the money needed to rebuild

Are you against Puerto Rico getting the money needed to rebuild? Are you for trump stealing that money?

Are you for stealing money from Puerto Rico for the racist wall?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not do what you did to me, I could have said why are you so hateful that you are against rebuilding Puerto Rico or why are you for trump building a racist wall ...(that is the context of that image you posted) but no I will wait for you to answer the questions before making a judgment

The Pentagon is deferring $400 million in Hurricane Maria recovery projects in Puerto Rico so the funds can instead go toward construction of President Trump's border wall, a Defense Department list published Wednesday shows.
The big picture: The Republican-led Senate has agreed to do so in its annual defense policy bill, but the Democratic-led House declined to do the same, per WashPost.
The American Civil Liberties Union says it will file a motion to block the $3.6 billion from being used to fund the wall.

$400M in Puerto Rico recovery projects deferred over Trump border wall
Rebecca Falconer
16 hours ago
Construction begins along the U.S. border with Mexico where the new border wall will replace old fencing on August 23
Construction along the southern border in Calexico, California, in August. Photo: Carolyn Van Houten/The Washington Post via Getty Images
The Pentagon is deferring $400 million in Hurricane Maria recovery projects in Puerto Rico so the funds can instead go toward construction of President Trump's border wall, a Defense Department list published Wednesday shows.

Why it matters: Puerto Rico declared bankruptcy in 2017 amid "the biggest government financial collapse in United States history," and it's still struggling to recover from Hurricane Maria. The funding had been allocated for 10 military construction projects in the U.S. territory.

The Pentagon list shows all of those projects have been delayed, along with 117 other military construction projects in the United States and its territories to cover $3.6 billion in costs for construction of fencing along the southern border.
The Washington Post notes that while the affected projects are classified by the Pentagon as "deferred," Congress would have to again agree to fund them.
The big picture: The Republican-led Senate has agreed to do so in its annual defense policy bill, but the Democratic-led House declined to do the same, per WashPost.

A possible compromise could be reached when the Senate and House make trades to meld 2 bills into 1 before seeking the president’s signature, WashPost notes.
The American Civil Liberties Union says it will file a motion to block the $3.6 billion from being used to fund the wall.
Go deeper: Not a single mile of border wall has been built where fencing did not exist before
https://www.axios.com/trump-border-wall ... d6dfc.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:11 pm

RocketMan, congress appropriated the monies for certain purpose by our military. Because we have co-equal branches of government, once he signs the bill authorizing the appropriation, as he must every two years, the president cannot legally re-appropriate those same funds for another purpose elsewhere.

This is yet another expansion of Executive powers and must be questioned and opposed.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:21 pm

thanks so much for that clarification Iamwhomiam

trump is trying to use his declared “state of emergency” to divert those funds and that is very dangerous, let the lawsuits begin!

if it’s allowed to stand, could inspire many more power grabs in the future.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 pm

@Iamwhomiam, I don't think anyone here supports Trump diverting DoD money to pay for the border wall, especially when it's preventing disaster relief funds meant for Puerto Rico. The problem is with Nancy Pelosi making it seem like the primary issue (or at least a significant issue) is that "our troops" will be less able to defend our "national security", an absurd notion which is absolutely rooted in militarism and imperialism.
Marionumber1

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:55 pm

full statement from Pelosi

seem like the primary issue.......unless you read her full statement instead of a one liner out of context

I guess it wouldn't fit on that image Rocketman posted

Pelosi twitter feed where Rocketman got that statement from .......that one tweet was part of a thread which should have been posted and not made to look like that was her full statement and what was important to her.....she posted a link to her full statement and this

The House will continue to fight this unacceptable and deeply dangerous decision in the Courts, in the Congress and in the court of public opinion, and honor our oath to protect the Constitution.

at the same time as that tweet from Rocketman
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/statu ... 4113665027

I am not a big Pelosi fan but I am not a fan of pick and choose either... then all the while Rocketman is picking his cherries shamelessly accusing me of "defending that repulsive, militaristic, imperialist tweet." How dishonest is that?

first words from Pelosi's official statement ...what she thought was most important

“The Administration’s irresponsible decision to transfer funds from appropriated U.S. military construction makes America less safe and dishonors the Constitution. The President is negating the Constitution’s most fundamental principle, the separation of powers, by assaulting our Congressional ‘power of the purse,’ and is undermining the oath of office we take to protect and defend the Constitution and the American people.

SEPTEMBER 3, 2019 PRESS RELEASE
San Francisco – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement on the Trump Administration’s decision to transfer $3.6 billion from military construction funds to pay for his border wall:
“The Administration’s irresponsible decision to transfer funds from appropriated U.S. military construction makes America less safe and dishonors the Constitution. The President is negating the Constitution’s most fundamental principle, the separation of powers, by assaulting our Congressional ‘power of the purse,’ and is undermining the oath of office we take to protect and defend the Constitution and the American people.

“Canceling military construction projects at home and abroad will undermine our national security and the quality of life and morale of our troops, making America less secure.

“The President says that he is building the wall for national security reasons, but America should instead address the root causes of migration in the countries of origin. As our bipartisan Congressional delegation saw firsthand last month in the Northern Triangle countries of Central America, we should be strengthening U.S. initiatives. Yet, the Administration has decided to move critical funding from effective and proven counternarcotics and stability and security initiatives to build an ineffective, wasteful wall. This senseless decision will only worsen the underlying causes of migration.

“The House will continue to fight this unacceptable and deeply dangerous decision in the Courts, in the Congress and in the court of public opinion, and honor our oath to protect the Constitution.”
https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/9319
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Unread postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:21 pm
thanks so much for that clarification Iamwhomiam

:tiphat:

Marionumber1 wrote:@Iamwhomiam, I don't think anyone here supports Trump diverting DoD money to pay for the border wall, especially when it's preventing disaster relief funds meant for Puerto Rico. The problem is with Nancy Pelosi making it seem like the primary issue (or at least a significant issue) is that "our troops" will be less able to defend our "national security", an absurd notion which is absolutely rooted in militarism and imperialism.

Hello, Marionumber1. Oh, I think we have a very few here who do support the building of the wall, regardless the source paying for it, who could care less about anything to do with Puerto Rico or its inhabitants. But by and large, I agree with your sentiment expressed in your first sentence. With regard to your second sentence, I saw it (Pelosi's remarks) in a much different light.

“Canceling military construction projects at home and abroad will undermine our national security and the quality of life and morale of our troops, making America less secure."

These are digs at Republican issues of heart ~ pure propaganda aimed at Republican fence-sitters.
At least when taken as a short Tweet or excerpted out of context. You said it better than I have: "making it seem like the primary issue (or at least a significant issue) is that "our troops" will be less able to defend our "national security", an absurd notion which is absolutely rooted in militarism and imperialism." Republican lifeblood, that there, absurd as it is.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Damn it, if he's just pick Tulsi, what fricking ticket that would be..
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion