Thread for Elvis

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Thread for Elvis

Postby Jerky » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:55 pm

For all intents and purposes 82 - 28 is Elvis. He is your moderator. Treat him with the respect that he is due. You are really making it clear and obvious that Elvis was a moderator for some and not for all. As if that weren't obvious from the get-go.
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:58 pm

It's like when a mafia guy is arrested and he shows up at the precinct screaming "Where's officer McCleskey?! I demand to talk to McCleskey!"

Kind of makes you wonder about McCleskey doesn't it?
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:02 pm

toddlers on the floor spinning whining crying their little eyes out because they got their candy taken away
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Hmm... Officer McCleskey?

I dunno him. Maybe you mean Officer Krupke?

Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I've been busy and away, and checked in about an hour ago.

No one consulted with me on decisions made the last two days. I am as surprised as anyone.

If 82_28 will have the courtesy to reply to my PM, maybe I'll learn what happened.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 am

Since the Sneaky Bunch is still studiously ignoring this post by Elvis, it's time to bump it and bold it:

Elvis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:

No one consulted with me on decisions made the last two days. I am as surprised as anyone.

If 82_28 will have the courtesy to reply to my PM, maybe I'll learn what happened.

There is something at stake here.

This is not going to just blow over, you know. We are all going to have to get off the fence. We're going to have to make a choice -- as we did last December when Elvis left temporarily in disgust -- about the kind of person we want to moderate this board and the kind of posters we welcome here.

Do we want Elvis, a fair, honest and competent moderator? Or do we want the blathering imposter 82_28, who has just betrayed Elvis for the second time in nine months, and who still does not have the grace to admit it (much less apologise for it)?

Do we want a board typified at its best by JackRiddler, or do we want a board typified by American Dream, Jerky & peartreed?

I vote for Elvis and Jack. I vote for an honest board, a Discussion Board worthy of the name. I vote for Rigorous Intuition, and for bracing rigor and healthy intuition in general.

The creeps, sneaks, trolls and timewasters I named can all go to hell.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Jerky » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:55 am

Did YOU consult with 82_28, your fellow moderator, when you were taking your one-sided, ridiculously over-punitive and biased actions last year?

Don't bother answering, that's a rhetorical question.

As for Mac's hilariously pompous and pathetic flailing tantrum, if that doesn't get him a month or two of cooling off time, then every single one of your ridiculous dozens of bans stands exposed for the disgustingly biased actions which they so clearly and objectively were.

J.

Elvis » 06 Oct 2019 02:17 wrote:I've been busy and away, and checked in about an hour ago.

Jerky

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:23 pm

MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:40 am wrote:Since the Sneaky Bunch is still studiously ignoring this post by Elvis, it's time to bump it and bold it:

Elvis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:

There is something at stake here.

This is not going to just blow over, you know. We are all going to have to get off the fence. We're going to have to make a choice -- as we did last December when Elvis left temporarily in disgust -- about the kind of person we want to moderate this board and the kind of posters we welcome here.

Do we want Elvis, a fair, honest and competent moderator? Or do we want the blathering imposter 82_28, who has just betrayed Elvis for the second time in nine months, and who still does not have the grace to admit it (much less apologise for it)?

Do we want a board typified at its best by JackRiddler, or do we want a board typified by American Dream, Jerky & peartreed?

I vote for Elvis and Jack. I vote for an honest board, a Discussion Board worthy of the name. I vote for Rigorous Intuition, and for bracing rigor and healthy intuition in general.

The creeps, sneaks, trolls and timewasters I named can all go to hell.

I'll vote for Elvis and Jack, fwiw, which is not much. It's all so darkly comical from my perspective these days. I barely come here anymore. Not really sure why I'm a member anymore.

AD may be somewhat, naive, by some standards but I find it hard to believe they are running some preposterously elaborate long con for, what? Jerky, is, well .... a jerk. I can't read their purpose or intent much at all, except to perhaps elicit responses. Regardless, it has little to no effect on me. Peartreed, not unlike SLAD, is stuck in some sort of 3rd grade mentality. It's so pathetic that when I find myself getting annoyed I just imagine talking with a 7 year old and getting annoyed at their immaturity. My irritation speaks more about me than them. I don't think they are bad people though. Just not my cup of tea.

82-28 is a trainwreck. When they were first appointed mod I spoke with Barracuda via PM about the insanity of 82-28 trying to moderate this board. His only defense was that at least we know he is an actual human, which is something, I suppose. I think his intentions are good.

I'm not sure why you and Jack have decided to go all in on this. I mean really, the audience here is so small. Surely we're not really worried about the effect of parroting cia media propaganda, to 12 people?

Sigh. Life is too short.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Trying to fix edit mistake

wow another dump on 82 because he was trying to be fair to all members

but sigh life is short so let me get out all my seediness now

so seedy ...wordsmiths can be so seedy, they know words they have the best words for seediness and a little arrogance on the side

they are not even trying to pretend they want any kinda of fairness here, they are publicly admitting they prefer one mod over another who will do what they want, do you understand Elvis they are saying YOU banned AD because they wanted you to ........BUT RUMORS ABOUT 82!!!!!!!!!! :whisper: :whisper: :whisper: :whisper:

We don’t need rumors you all are doing it in plain site

Elvis you told me they had nothing to do with that decision maybe you need to correct the record

seedymaximum

you know that it is really not a nice thing to do to Elvis how can you guys trash Elvis's reputation like that? Telling everyone here that Elvis was on your side and not being a fair mod to all members here....that is really really not a good thing to say about a mod ..do you even understand that? Did Elvis promise you something? I think not but it makes for a good argument I guess, make shit up

I always thought Elvis was trying very hard to be fair, he was always there if I wanted to talk something over with him, he always treated me with respect

Even though I have disagreed with Elvis on occasion I don't believe I have ever publicly criticized any decision that Elvis had made maybe a slight back and forth but nothing like I am seeing against 82_28....Elvis is the mod and he is due respect just like 82_28. I disagreed about AD suspension but held my tongue for 9 months how’s that for control

shame on you all but then again you aren't listening to Jeff then again you have no respect for Jeff or his house you all think it belongs to you

there was a time when members refrained from publicly questioning mods or trying to leave the impression that a certain mod was on their side and doing their bidding ...but times have changed and the REAL BABIES here are the ones that can not contain/CONTROL themselves and continue to throw tantrums insinuate that Elvis is working for them, the "elites" who's intellect is far above the lowly other members who are not intelligent enough to post here even after Jeff came by to give his guidance ....

Like a pack of dogs who bone has been taken away ...that’s what I see

THEY ARE IGNORING THE WISHES OF THE OWNER OF THIS BOARD

you want some rumors to go with YOURS I've got plenty and some facts about one person that is allowed to post here that has nothing but hate for this place but he has the full support of everyone here that he should be allowed to stay, like that was even up for a vote by anyone here...that’s not the way it works here....members are not allowed to vote on who stays and who goes....just where do you guys get off assigning special privileges to yourselves.... no one is starting 10 threads on why he should be banned

The infamous Jack and his rule breaking OPs calling out members he does not like demanding they be banned ...there is only one other person that has done that ....Mr. Cowboy ...great company you got there rule breaking is only allowed for a precious few Mr. Cowboy was banned IMMEDIATELY for committing the same crime but you get to do it over and over again ....Elvis did send you to the corner once for your little foray but you are back doing it again and what do you know 82 was FAIR to you and gave you a chance to settle down ...how’s that working out?

Last time I saw an attitude like that I was playing a commuter game with my 5 year old twin grand kids

maybe just maybe they missed this post

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.

I guess according to some members here 15 years ago Jeff needed to have everyone that wanted to post here take a purity and wordsmithy test first along with a proclivity for seediness measurement then a situation such as this would have never happened, the riffraff would never have been allowed in

I guess Jeff just messed up when he told me about starting this place and inviting me to post here, at least I guess he should have put restrictions on my posting before OKing my membership but alas he knew me and let me in anyway without taking an exam.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Elvis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:36 pm

A legitimate question has been raised, so I will answer:

Yes. From the beginning I tried to consult with my my fellow moderator, seeking his advice, perspective and moral support before taking any action; I got no help. I was told, "You are a mod" and to do as I saw fit. Then my fellow moderator disappeared for months, putting all moderator responsibilities on me. Yes, I attempted to contact him last December, but I received no reply.

I always said what I was doing and why I was doing it, and sometimes public discussion preceded any action taken. The recent actions of my fellow moderator, in concert with a small but vocal group, were all done in secret.

Further, when Jeff was drawn into this, I was given no opportunity to represent myself or defend my actions. It was all done secretly.

I hope that illuminates the situation a little bit.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Both mods were here on the 2 of October correct

And why does Jack and Mac think you are their mod, that you were cleaning the place up for them at least that is what they are saying publicly
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 pm wrote:Both mods were here on the 2 of October correct

And why does Jack and Mac think you are their mod, that you were cleaning the place up for them at least that is what they are saying publicly

Casting aspersions on mods now? Just recently you were on your high horse about how low exactly that is. This is ridiculous conduct and you know it.

This whole situation is weird, some old faces have suddenly popped up to crow, in a seemingly coordinated manner etc. Seems to me there's some bad faith actions taken here.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Elvis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:06 pm

RocketMan wrote:Seems to me there's some bad faith actions taken here.

:whistling:
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Again I ask Elvis why Jack and Mac are under the impression he is their mod ....I did not say that was true only that Jack Mac think it is and Elvis should renounce that opinion because as I said before in my last post I do not think that is true
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Elvis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:06 pm wrote:
RocketMan wrote:Seems to me there's some bad faith actions taken here.

:whistling:

Please clear that up for me

and were both mods here on Oct 2
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion