What's going on?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What's going on?

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:29 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:14 pm wrote:yes I know your position very very well

you're really really smart at it most of the time....practice makes perfect :D

there will be only one point of view here and Jack Mac and BS will try as hard as they can to enforce that rule

they start new dup threads cause they don't want to post in other members threads but they still do anyway

they ban opposing points of view by banning certain members from their threads, I am not sure why I guess they are afraid of something

they flood other members threads with off topic replies

No one but mods can ban another member, from a thread or otherwise. I've never suggested for anyone not to post in any of "my" threads (I place "my" in quotes because I don't keep track of posts I start here - I don't claim ownership of them; once i post here, whether an OP or a reply, it becomes part of the whole, part of the discourse. Clearly, there is a difference in philosophy and intent Re: impetus for contributing in this forum), so please don't misrepresent or attempt to lump members into facile categories.

Again, I never had an issue with anyone here at a personal level. I know no one here personally.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Elvis banned me from Mac's thread

and he deleted my post

and you taking advantage of that

that's basically the beginning of this latest problem
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Elvis is a mod.

"taking advantage" - yet another misrepresentation.

Signing off.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 pm

you were posting in both Biden threads (taking advantage) and crossing posting but I respected Elvis's decision and did not continue posting in Mac's thread even though 82 said I could

I didn't break any rule and 82 told you that
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm

There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:25 pm

thanks Jeff for coming by

that's all I have ever wanted

the personal attacks (I stopped counting at 100 in the last three years just directed at me) to stop and letting everyone post about what is important to them

thanks for making it clear that everyone is welcome to post here that really needed to be said and I hope that puts an end to that discussion

you did in your infinite wisdom give us an ignore feature to take advantage of if anyone felt they couldn't handle someones posts :)

that one option if utilized might make a big difference

Laodicean is really going to be sorry he missed you ....he thinks of you all the time, we all do and maybe we should remember to start respecting your place again. I will definitely try, promise

so no new rules just follow the ones that have been in place for the last 15 years
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm

It's that 5G crap, Jeff. It's making the whole world crazy, or maybe the craziness is due to long delayed reactions from early childhood vaccinations, I dunno. I suspect it's all a shadowy Russian plot.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:39 pm

I think it maybe the earth's magnetic field is acting up, whatever is the source of the problem we've been told to settle down by Jeff and everyone should respect that and move on
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Oh! I forgot to consider that. So is east now to our left and west now to our right? I'm so confused!
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:47 pm

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPBd8eHQqIw

This song is about distractions and negativity that causes narrow mindedness (or close mindedness) and stifles creativity. He wants to create a barrier (fix a hole) from the outside pressures (the rain) and allow his mind to wander uninhibited. He also wants to smoke a joint and go in a colorful room that inspires him. :D
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby chump » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm

chump

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:18 am

Jeff » 05 Oct 2019 23:18 wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.

thanks jeff.

I have nothing against disagreements. The personalization of disagreement gets quite tedious, though. Just my opinion.
stickdog99

You are all going to die

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:30 am

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:49 am

^^Yes, and you too, who are also posting in this thread.

Meanwhile, life goes on, because it must, in all its particoloured glory:

Post by MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 am

Well, by damn. After hour upon hour upon hour of blatant dishonesty and prevarication by the guy behind the moniker "82_28", we finally learn the truth (and of course not from him, but from an honest man):

Elvis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:I've been busy and away, and checked in about an hour ago.

No one consulted with me on decisions made the last two days. I am as surprised as anyone.

If 82_28 will have the courtesy to reply to my PM, maybe I'll learn what happened.

Emphasis added, and no apologies for the size, the bolding or the colour. If anything deserves to be made unignorable, this does

NB: That is the second time in nine months that 82_28 has pulled the exact same despicable stunt on his co-moderator and alleged friend, Elvis.

The name "Rigorous Intuition" has become a very sick joke. It is now a dismally depleted Safe Space for liars and sneaks, a place where anyone noticing the most obvious truths will be called a bully or (even more absurdly) a censor.

Someone wants it to be this way.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby chump » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 am

The misery mentioned is universal, and even though I rarely peruse their posts anymore, if the drama queens suddenly decided stick around their sordid perspectives add some diversity and will always exist if someone desires to read their shit… Same with the Dreams: I’m glad they’ve posted a lot of the articles I wouldn’t seen if they hadn’t done it.

One can indulge or ignore it or not!
Last edited by chump on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
chump

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion