UFOs

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFOs

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:50 pm

'The American people deserve to be informed': Harry Reid says UFO footage 'only scratches the surface'

by Zachary Halaschak April 27, 2020 09:18 PM

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid praised the Pentagon’s release of UFO footage but said it "only scratches the surface" of information the public should know.

"I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available,” the Nevada Democrat tweeted Monday. “The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-american-people-deserve-to-be-informed-harry-reid-says-ufo-footage-only-scratches-the-surface

Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am

Wild that there is still mainline politicians calling for government transparency on UFOs. Also it's 2020 and US military cockpit footage looks like grainy 1940s footage.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the last decade I've rarely seen any UFO news in the media compared to the late 2000s. I imagine with all the insanity of 2020 and beyond, we'll see a ramping up of sightings and news coverage. If 2001 was the Summer of Sharks, 2016 was the summer of clowns, maybe this will be the summer of UFOs?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:12 am

The footage is grainy because its direct capture from a FLIR pod on a Super Hornet. This "object" is being surveyed at a significant range. All the data displayed on the edges of the screen is important. I believe it states its range (RNG 3.9) as possibly 3.9 nautical miles. Both the Hornet and the pivoting camera lens are traversing to maintain targeting. The Hornet was designed in the 70's, though it's the US Navy's most recent active fighter (F-35C still isn't active, is way over budget and under capable). Fighter jets aren't iphones. The Navy doesn't get a new one every year. I still say this is native tech. This is most likely a US Military UAV. There is no point for the US Military to release this footage. This isn't the most compelling UFO imagery they've ever captured. Limited hangout.

Its most likely the same thing as whatever the fuck this was :starz:

thrulookingglass

Postby 8bitagent » Thu May 07, 2020 5:39 am

Recently discovered "Chapo Trap House", which I guess is a popular dissident left edgy humor kind of podcast that Rolling Stone and others have been hyping. They mostly cover American politics with an almost irreverent nihilist comedic point of view, but the other day they had a really intriguing episode about the recent Pentagon UFO footage. What I enjoyed about this episode is that it really reminded me of the classic 2004-2006 era of Jeff Wells blog posts about UFO/related woo phenomena, as they cover with irreverence and detail the period of Roswell thru the present and how each decade has its own high weirdness specific to the time period.
https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house ... yleyglyphs
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 am

Can there be a new main thread to discuss Trumps Star Trek fanfic SPACE FORCE, Elon Musk Spacex/DARPA/NASA militarization of space/moon/mars, and all the crazy new UFO shit in Brazil?
Just feels like something big is afoot. Geez the amount of stuff happening since the Blink 182 Pentagon UFO thing in the news seems really insane
8bitagent

Postby Harvey » Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 am

8bitagent » Sun May 17, 2020 10:40 am wrote:What I enjoyed about this episode is that it really reminded me of the classic 2004-2006 era of Jeff Wells blog posts about UFO/related woo phenomena, as they cover with irreverence and detail the period of Roswell thru the present and how each decade has its own high weirdness specific to the time period.

Thanks 8bit, I enjoyed that very much. Enjoyed the hostile and bemused reaction of the listeners in the comments too. :thumbsup
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun May 24, 2020 4:12 pm

8bitagent » Sun May 17, 2020 4:40 am wrote:Can there be a new main thread to discuss Trumps Star Trek fanfic SPACE FORCE, Elon Musk Spacex/DARPA/NASA militarization of space/moon/mars, and all the crazy new UFO shit in Brazil?
Just feels like something big is afoot. Geez the amount of stuff happening since the Blink 182 Pentagon UFO thing in the news seems really insane

It's the same thing it's always been: the SAP end of the military industrial complex. It's the convergence of psyops, security through obscurity and black budget physics research with the goal of weaponization. It's using conspiracy theory entertainment consumers as a force multiplier -- and they love to be titillated by the thrill of participation.

Elon Musk, much like Donald Trump himself, is an ideally colorful, plausibly deniable front man for the strategic aims of very sober, very serious men whose existence is mostly a state secret. Elon Musk probably really cares about getting to Mars, but that's not what DOD is paying his ass to actually do.

Highly recommend Mike Moore's Twilight War for a deep background on this long-term play. It's perhaps one of the most important UFO books that UFO enthusiasts never talk about or care about.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby elfismiles » Mon May 25, 2020 10:31 am

As always - you are highly quotable. And thanks for the book recommendation.

Wombaticus Rex » 24 May 2020 20:12 wrote:
8bitagent » Sun May 17, 2020 4:40 am wrote:Can there be a new main thread to discuss Trumps Star Trek fanfic SPACE FORCE, Elon Musk Spacex/DARPA/NASA militarization of space/moon/mars, and all the crazy new UFO shit in Brazil?

It's the same thing it's always been: the SAP end of the military industrial complex. It's the convergence of psyops, security through obscurity and black budget physics research with the goal of weaponization. It's using conspiracy theory entertainment consumers as a force multiplier -- and they love to be titillated by the thrill of participation.

Elon Musk, much like Donald Trump himself, is an ideally colorful, plausibly deniable front man for the strategic aims of very sober, very serious men whose existence is mostly a state secret. Elon Musk probably really cares about getting to Mars, but that's not what DOD is paying his ass to actually do.

Highly recommend Mike Moore's Twilight War for a deep background on this long-term play. It's perhaps one of the most important UFO books that UFO enthusiasts never talk about or care about.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to General Discussion