Bet on Dem VP! (Switches to: "Spring 2020 Riots Thread")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who will be the actual Democratic candidate?

Sen. Harris
12%
Sen. Klobuchar
No votes
Sen. Warren
4%
Stacey Abrams
4%
Michelle Obama
16%
Secretary Clinton
16%
Gov. Whitmer
4%
Other VP candidate (click this and specify below)
12%
Brokered convention surprise: Other (click and specify)
12%
Rope-a-dope: Biden implodes, Sanders re-emerges
20%

Total votes : 25

Re: Pool: Who Is the Actual Democratic Candidate?

Postby 8bitagent » Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 am

Joe Biden should go hard on attracting Republican voters...touting how many "evil Muslim" villagers he's gotten killed, how he's outdeported and out caged Stephen Miller while under Obama, taken more foreign campaign and corporate donations than anyone, and put a whole generation of Black and Latino men in prison from his crime bill laws he introduced in the late 80s thru 90s.

Seeing masses of mindless MSNBC zombie Democrats blindly defend Joe Biden on social over the weekend(AKA Blue MAGA) was eye opening...not that I already thought the Democrats were dogshit horrible already. If we are to bring America together, Joe Biden and the Obama-Clinton corporate neoliberal Democrats should come together with Mitch, Lindsey, Pelosi, etc and tout how much they have in common.

LOL at all the "look guys, I was all in for Bernie...but we need to pull our big boy pants up and vote for Joe Biden otherwise....blah blah blah" people....secret tip: Bernie Sanders was never going to truly oppose the corporate Democrat neocon agenda. (Tho I wish Nina Turner was running for president)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby norton ash » Mon May 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Wow, USA. Thoughts and prayers. Can I sniff your hair?
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby liminalOyster » Thu May 21, 2020 4:02 pm

What do I win?

Joe Biden asks Amy Klobuchar to undergo VP vetting process, report says
By Ebony BowdenMay 21, 2020 | 3:49pm | Updated

Sen. Amy Klobuchar could be Joe Biden’s surprise veep pick — the Democratic presidential nominee has asked her to undergo rigorous vetting before potentially joining his ticket, according to a new report.

The Minnesota lawmaker, who herself ran a failed White House bid, was officially approached by Biden’s camp, sources told CBS News’ Bo Erickson on Thursday, but it is unclear when they reached out or if anyone else is being groomed.

Multiple Democratic women are in the race to be Biden’s running mate — with Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also reportedly in talks with his campaign.

http://nypost.com/2020/05/21/joe-biden-asks-amy-klobuchar-to-undergo-vp-vetting-process-report/

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Hey there, now, if that shock proceeds it only means you and I are tied. The tiebreaker was who'd be nearest to whatever slogan or catchphrase they associate with the VP rollout.

Here's my final
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42023&p=686331#p686320

and yours was a couple below that.

I think you'll win on the slogan: Let's Get Real, America.

Mine was Come Home, America.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Can I switch to, "It's time to clear the air......." ?
liminalOyster

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Stacey Abrams is definitely being groomed, but I don't think she's gonna be rolled out this year.

We know from elections past that every potential VP pick gets the flea audit, so this merely confirms she's On The List. We also know, per ABC, that list is yet another all-female reboot nobody wants to watch: "the vetting committee beginning to ramp up their work to scrutinize the group of women who could potentially join him".

From The Atlantic, who are thankfully facing huge layoffs this week:

“This is a weighty responsibility, and it cannot be rushed,” said Bob Bauer, the former Obama-campaign general counsel, on Friday. He noted that campaigns need at least eight weeks to assemble a roster, let the candidate get acquainted with potential VPs, and fully vet the favorites. This year, the conventions are earlier than usual; late May marks eight weeks before they start. Really, Obama campaign vet Anita Dunn told me this week, starting now is even a “little late.”

John Podesta, the chairman of Hillary Clinton’s campaign, told The Boston Globe in a recent interview that there’s “no question” she’ll consider women for the VP spot. (The Globe, of course, wondered whether Massachusetts’ own Elizabeth Warren would be on the list.) The Washington Post reported that the Ted Cruz and John Kasich campaigns are getting names and background research together, and anonymous insiders floated a few ideas. The Trump campaign, the Post reports, is holding off on vetting, and there hasn’t been much talk of whom Bernie Sanders would select as a running mate.

The coverage universally frames vetting as a matter of precaution rather than control, of course, but that's not strictly the case. Obama's staff have been outspoken in recent months that they saw no issues when they investigated Biden, but being a sex pest with accusers in the wings can also be an asset for those who like their politicians easily controlled -- a song as old as time, innit? The world of opposition research is very strange and most of what gets discovered is actually tucked up the sleeve, often for decades, rather than leaked to the press.
Last edited by Wombaticus Rex on Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Liminal: You can have that one in addition to your other pick, if I get a second pick in SAFER TOMORROW.

WRex wrote:The world of opposition research is very strange and most of what gets discovered is actually tucked up the sleeve, often for decades, rather than leaked to the press.

Yeah, just the other day I was amazed recalling all the stuff Hoover had on everyone. He had enough to destroy MLK, and clearly that's what he wanted to do (since that's what he played a role in, ultimately), but other than threatening him with it kept it in reserve.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Thu May 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Matt Taibbi on Twitter wrote:Biden/Klobuchar is a Conventional Wisdom orgasm.

I just cannot get over how hard they've worked to create(literally) the most unpalatable pair out of all the primary candidates. This is a work of art.
liminalOyster

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu May 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Maria Cantwell.

Use the filter to eliminate all but Democrat senators, if necessary:

https://www.senate.gov/senators/ListofWomenSenators.htm
Iamwhomiam

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 pm

liminalOyster » Thu May 21, 2020 2:45 pm wrote:
Matt Taibbi on Twitter wrote:Biden/Klobuchar is a Conventional Wisdom orgasm.

I just cannot get over how hard they've worked to create(literally) the most unpalatable pair out of all the primary candidates. This is a work of art.

The Democratic Party should check and see if they can buy the moniker "Washington Generals".

Sure looks that way as what the Party does best is self-sabotage.

I say this as a voting life long registered Democratic Party member and voter (who has never had the opportunity to vote for a POTUS candidate that I favored, the closest was Obama and part of that was because I am repulsed by HRC).
PufPuf93

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Klobuchar is only acceptable to neoliberal upper class blacks, imo. I agree, LiminalOyster.
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 21, 2020 9:22 pm

So why you say Maria Cantwell? You know anything, or just a guess?

Known sort of as a privacy advocate, opponent of the Bush surveillance programs. What passes as okay on the marquee ecological issues. Favors free trade treaties. Voted for the Iraq war, which seems to be the bedrock requirement for all of these motherfuckers ever since.

Israel
In April 2017, Cantwell co-sponsored the Israel Anti-Boycott Act (S.270), which made it a federal crime, punishable by a maximum sentence of 20 years imprisonment,[46] for Americans to encourage or participate in boycotts against Israel and Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories if protesting actions by the Israeli government.[47]

JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 pm

^^^ GRRR ..I can't even speak to that, without losing my shit. Fuck the Israeli Government and what they've done to the Palestinian territories. Praise Rachel Corrie!, and others whom have seen the travesty of inhumanity done here with our fucking blessing. Both wings of Murder Inc.

As for the sell out Dems...Well:
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB1627
Virginia Democrats File Bill To Make Online Criticism of Elected Officials a Crime. We’re Not Kidding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/gnspu3/virginia_democrats_file_bill_to_make_online/

Addendum: Wonder how the Cheney Administration and Jr's painting hobby is going... I recently heard some sort of quark from Condiliar Rice.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 28, 2020 4:26 pm

This latest development in the wake of killing of George Floyd and the Minnesota uprising (and its spread) may be putting a sudden kibosh on Amy, or even any prosecutor, thus also Kamala (which I cannot believe is a serious choice anyway). Or, if it's still Amy, that's a clear doubling-down and fuck-you to the black and left votes, the equivalent of saying, get on The Titanic or we'll leave (set course for the theoretical moderate Republican vote) without you!

In any case, by the rules of this bet liminal and I are stuck. Did anyone else even play?!

Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute officer at center of George Floyd's death after previous conduct complaints
The Week
Kathryn Krawczyk
,The Week•May 28, 2020

George Floyd's death in police custody is renewing criticism of Sen. Amy Klobuchar's (D-Minn.) prosecutorial record.

Before she became a senator and a top contender for former Vice President Joe Biden's vice presidential spot, Klobuchar spent eight years as the Hennepin County attorney, in charge of prosecution for Minneapolis. And while in that position, Klobuchar declined to prosecute multiple police officers cited for excessive force, including the officer who kneeled on Floyd's neck as he protested, The Guardian reports.

Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derick Chauvin saw at least 10 conduct complaints during his 19-year tenure before he was fired Tuesday, according to a database that documents complaints against police. In particular, he was involved in the shooting death of a man who had stabbed other people before attacking police, as well as some other undisclosed complaints. Klobuchar did not prosecute Chauvin for the first death, and he was later placed on leave when he and other officers shot and wounded an Native American man in 2011.

As The Washington Post noted in March, Klobuchar "declined to bring charges in more than two dozen cases in which people were killed in encounters with police" as Hennepin County attorney. Instead, she "aggressively prosecuted smaller offenses" that "have been criticized for their disproportionate effect on poor and minority communities," the Post continues. And as Klobuchar undergoes vetting to become a possible vice presidential candidate, that track record is being scrutinized and criticized once again.

Perhaps they will try to sell her "apology" as a Great American Redemption Story. (If you're thinking as I am, why not? I believe they are intentionally losing the election.)

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 21, 2020 3:43 pm wrote:Stacey Abrams is definitely being groomed, but I don't think she's gonna be rolled out this year.

Just put a prop bet on Abrams while the odds are still good. BLM network getting re-activated just to burn stuff is either 1) someone in the Trump machine got control of some key nodes and they're burning the network or 2) Abrams is putting the shiv to Klob. DNC infighting is cold and cruel, Obama's team was very good at it in '08. There's organic responses to police killings, and there's obvious media asset coordination in advance of on-the-ground protest coordination, which is what we are seeing in Minneapolis / George Floyd. (We're also seeing the same stand-down orders to let the looters run loose and maximize bad optics.)

It might still be Harris, since identity trumps policy, but those odds wouldn't pay off as well and I agree with Jack that she seems too close to the police machine to be able to capitalize on this.
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion