Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby fruhmenschen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:34 pm

http://anthraxvaccine.blogspot.com/

Also see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3_QBDO8MC8

The Other Side Effects of Covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdUyNSb5bXk

COVID TALK: Why Coronavirus WILL Get Worse This Fall. I'm a Surgeon. Here are the FACTS.
fruhmenschen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 am

liminalOyster » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 am wrote:
The masks are debilitating. No doubt. Step outside and exercise... Now, run another lap without the mask. I think you'll accept that it's easier to function without your face smothered;

I jogged 2 miles in a mask this past week. It was slightly weird. It had no impact on my breathing.

Why the FUCK did you do that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby lucky » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:03 am

I went in to a shop last week and for the first time I put on a mask, within seconds I felt I couldn't breath properly and started sweating and the put the mask under my nose. Tried putting it on a few times after but wont be doing it again unless forced to and even then would probably walk away.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby DrEvil » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:39 am

Nordic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am wrote:
liminalOyster » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 am wrote:
The masks are debilitating. No doubt. Step outside and exercise... Now, run another lap without the mask. I think you'll accept that it's easier to function without your face smothered;

I jogged 2 miles in a mask this past week. It was slightly weird. It had no impact on my breathing.

Why the FUCK did you do that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, who in their right mind goes jogging? :)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Thanks, DrEvil for making me laugh instead of writing something reactive. I like to jog. I deeply understand why some people hate it, also.

I just drove by the governors house in my town and saw a bunch of unmasked yahoos protesting our current mask mandate, We have the highest rate of COVID per capita in our state. And we have a wildly disproportionate number of Black people dying due to comorbid chronic illness. And we have utterly anemic prevention measures and moving in on a 3% infection rate in the whole state. I wear a mask because I don't know enough (and don't believe the scientific community does either) to feel comfortable with exposure, which is almost certain when jogging for two miles in a city of unmasked people.

Many people who have worked in certain areas of art, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, technology, contracting or science have worn masks for hours at a time. Many of those masks are waaaaaaaaaay more uncomfortable than N95, KN95 or cloth masks and worn for much longer. I sincerely sympathize with those for whom they are anxiety provoking and thus lead to a feeling of not being able to breath, but it's just a feeling, assuming you're wearing a functioning mask. I have asthma by the way.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby norton ash » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Yeah, I forgot to take mine off walking home after shopping and was annoyed because I had to put the groceries down and settle the dog to take the fucker off. Not necessary for outdoors, unless it's crowded sidewalks.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby DrEvil » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm

liminalOyster » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:54 pm wrote:Thanks, DrEvil for making me laugh instead of writing something reactive. I like to jog. I deeply understand why some people hate it, also.

I just drove by the governors house in my town and saw a bunch of unmasked yahoos protesting our current mask mandate, We have the highest rate of COVID per capita in our state. And we have a wildly disproportionate number of Black people dying due to comorbid chronic illness. And we have utterly anemic prevention measures and moving in on a 3% infection rate in the whole state. I wear a mask because I don't know enough (and don't believe the scientific community does either) to feel comfortable with exposure, which is almost certain when jogging for two miles in a city of unmasked people.

Many people who have worked in certain areas of art, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, technology, contracting or science have worn masks for hours at a time. Many of those masks are waaaaaaaaaay more uncomfortable than N95, KN95 or cloth masks and worn for much longer. I sincerely sympathize with those for whom they are anxiety provoking and thus lead to a feeling of not being able to breath, but it's just a feeling, assuming you're wearing a functioning mask. I have asthma by the way.

Yeah, medical personnel wear masks all the time. You would think they of all people would have figured it out by now if there were any serious issues with them.

As you say, we just don't know enough about it yet, so erring on the side of caution is the sensible thing to do. This certainly doesn't make me any more optimistic (link to paper at source):

https://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-s ... ssary.html

No comment necessary
By Charlie Stross

Post-infection cardiac damage found in 78% of recovering COVID19 patients

That's 78% of a cohort, average age 49, of whom 67% had recovered at home (ie. disease was not categorized as severe enough to need hospitalization). Cohort was normalized with respect to other risk factors relative to uninfected patients. Diagnosis by MRI. Looks reasonably solid, at first glance, publication in JAMA Cardiol. (Journal of the American Medical Association, cardiology). Study coordinated via a German hospital.

Reason for "no comment necessary" is that this suggests most COVID19 survivors—including mild disease survivors—suffer cardiac damage.

You don't want to get this virus.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

The body has great capacity to heal. Long-term damage cannot be ascertained at this time. Let's see what the findings are 12-18 months after initial symptoms. And then, 2 years+ (if such things can be reliably determined in non-controlled settings).

Pneumonia can also have lasting damage, as can a severe flu. If you're younger, there's greater probability of full recovery with a proper regimen/diet. If you're older, as with any other illness, the potential for chronic traits is more likely, particularly if already enduring other ailments (comorbidities).

Such is life. As it has been from the onset.

It may well be more risky out there in the coming years, unfortunately. But i for one will not be driven by fear.
Belligerent Savant

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm wrote:.

The body has great capacity to heal. Long-term damage cannot be ascertained at this time. Let's see what the findings are 12-18 months after initial symptoms. And then, 2 years+ (if such things can be reliably determined in non-controlled settings).

Pneumonia can also have lasting damage, as can a severe flu. If you're younger, there's greater probability of full recovery with a proper regimen/diet. If you're older, as with any other illness, the potential for chronic traits is more likely, particularly if already enduring other ailments (comorbidities).

Such is life. As it has been from the onset.

It may well be more risky out there in the coming years, unfortunately. But i for one will not be driven by fear.

I love you and your posts BS, but I always feel the need to respond when people say this thing about fear. I respect and share the importance of not living in fear, but I'm not personally driven by fear but the bigger question of risk vs danger. Danger is beyond my control and risk is a field of choices.

I don't expect to change your mind on this but I would humbly/friendly at least point you to some of the hard work being done by "longcovid" survivors at this time. A friend who is a multi-decade cardiologist (who is super hip to complementary medicine, diet, lifestyle, etc) is very very concerned about the new cardiac findings btw.
liminalOyster

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 pm

All salient points to raise, Liminal. Understanding risks -- assessing and making informed decisions based on such understandings -- help lessen fear.

(Not mutually exclusive, in other words).
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:17 pm

CDC director acknowledges hospitals have a monetary incentive to overcount coronavirus deaths

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rus-deaths
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:59 pm

And who owns the hospitals.

Private equity firms now control many hospitals

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-c ... s-n1203161
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:51 pm

One could say overcounted or not, PE just wants more coronavirus deaths. Prolong the crisis a little longer.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm

I think that's a fairly complicated theory. Presumably most PE has multiple holdings and interests at cross purposes viz COVID.
liminalOyster

Postby Cordelia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Our new National Anthem, brought to us by the four horsemen of industry our apocalypse care: government, medical, media, (& military)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between...
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion