Fascist Takeover, Americans cheer

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Fascist Takeover, Americans cheer

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:38 pm

I hate living here. I just heard jets fly over my home low and loud. WTF? Then I remembered there's a home college football game starting. With only 20% fans in stadium due to covid the US government decided it was okay to pay for jets flying over the stadium and city.

No money for out of work people but plenty money for military jets.

Get that motherfucker out of here now.
Blue

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Fascist Takeover, Americans cheer

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Which "motherfucker" are you referring to?
Belligerent Savant

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm

Wow, I have to spell out Trump. The nut who thinks he won the election and can continue spending taxpayers money at his whim.
Blue

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

I see. So jet planes weren't deployed to fly over stadiums prior to Trump's election?

An article from July 2012. Who was the President in 2012?

https://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fand ... s-at-games

How flyovers hit their exact marks at games

On Opening Day at Target Field this year, an Air Force B-52H Stratofortress bomber came roaring over the Minnesota Twins’ ballpark perfectly in sync with the last note of the “Star-Spangled Banner.”

In 2009, before Game 2 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium, three Navy F/A-18 Hornet fighter jets appeared in the night sky just as John Legend completed “and the home of the brave.”

And on Jan. 27, 1991 in Tampa, Fla., just seconds after Whitney Houston finished the anthem before Super Bowl XXV, four Air Force F-16s in formation streaked overhead with a deafening encore.

Hundreds of times each year, fighters, bombers and helicopters perform pregame flyovers at sports events. No matter the venue, the sport or the aircraft, the flyovers all have one thing in common: precise timing that puts the pilots directly over the stadium just as the anthem ends.

How do they do it?

How do aircraft traveling at high speeds -- sometimes from long distances -- manage to hit their marks with military precision?

Well, the answer might lie partially in that one word: military.

“We do similar things a lot in all of military aviation, where you have to be at a site at a particular time,” says Marine Capt. Emily Miller, a helicopter pilot who has flown missions in Iraq and Afghanistan and recently led a two-chopper flyover at Petco Park in San Diego. “It’s really not a lot different.”

Shocker. Jingoism existed prior to Trump, apparently.

Perhaps fascism, in whatever form, is a staple of the U.S. govt regardless of sitting President, eh?

Or do you earnestly believe it'll simply vanish when Joe Biden gets in there?

My condolences, if so.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm

^^Was the economy tanking when Trump got elected?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm

The Economy. What are the primary drivers of Economic health?

And irrespective of the Economy, how are our prospects going into 2021 Re: 'creeping' fascism?

We are barrelling towards technocratic fascism on a global scale, regardless of who the President will be.
One can argue one may get us there faster given how eager he is to escalate and prolong lockdowns and other excessive mandates under a pretext of health concerns.

Americans are indeed WILLFULLY WELCOMING FASCISM, but not how OP intended. Indeed, Blue's OP underscores the madness of our time, right now. Never mind the clear signs of totalitarianism under the guise of 'protecting health': when is that nazi-lover Trump getting out of office, already??
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:11 pm

An article from 2012 is considered relevant?
Covid19 is different and government responses are telling.

The fact that you compare something happening in 2012 with now under the pandemic is pretty ignorant...just partisan crap.
Blue

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:07 pm wrote:.
The Economy. What are the primary drivers of Economic health?

And irrespective of the Economy, how are our prospects going into 2021 Re: 'creeping' fascism?

We are barrelling towards technocratic fascism on a global scale, regardless of who the President will be.
One can argue one may get us there faster given how eager he is to escalate and prolong lockdowns and other excessive mandates under a pretext of health concerns.

You really are an ass. I know 2 people who have died from covid. I know many people who are sick. I don't know what world you live in, but there are no "lockdowns" in my area, just request for people to wear masks and stay apart by 6 feet. When they do it, cases go down.

All you are doing is encouraging more chaos.
Blue

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:19 pm

I know more people than 2 that have died, and numerous others that got sick. You don't know me, and don't know what i've experienced. My wife works in an urgent care facility within 25 miles of NYC.

The survival rates remain well above 99% for those under 70. The lockdown measures as currently drawn up are sheer madness, and you'll continue to be a lemming to the State.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 pm wrote:An article from 2012 is considered relevant?
Covid19 is different and government responses are telling.

The fact that you compare something happening in 2012 with now under the pandemic is pretty ignorant...just partisan crap.

You brought up jet flyovers. You made no mention of covid in your OP. Do you normally offer up such insipid arguments?
Belligerent Savant

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:26 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:19 pm wrote:.
I know more people than 2 that have died, and numerous others that got sick. You don't know me, and don't know what i've experienced. My wife works in an urgent care facility within 25 miles of NYC.

The survival rates remain well above 99% for those under 70. The lockdown measures as currently drawn up are sheer madness, and you'll continue to be a lemming to the State.

What the fuck does telling us 99% live under 70? I'm not a lemming, I want this fucking pandemic to end. It will end when the virus does not find hosts. Hosts right now are everywhere. If everyone would wear a mask we could go to work, school etc.

But everyone wants to let loose. Cuz don't be lemming...

Stop spreading the virus assholes.
Blue

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 pm

A virus will spread. It's what it does.
We all want the virus to end, needless to say.

The key factors here are finding a balanced approach towards managing virus impact while also minimizing, to the extent possible, devastation to lives and/or livelihoods as a result of excessive and unwarranted lockdown measures/mandates.

A more balanced approach is what's needed here.

Govt overreach has caused -- and will continue to cause -- far more damage to lives and livelihoods than the virus itself.

Don't be controlled by fear.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 pm wrote:.
A virus will spread. It's what it does.
We all want the virus to end, needless to say.

The key factors here are finding a balanced approach towards managing virus impact while also minimizing, to the extent possible, devastation to lives and/or livelihoods as a result of excessive and unwarranted lockdown measures/mandates.

A more balanced approach is what's needed here.

Govt overreach has caused -- and will continue to cause -- far more damage to lives and livelihoods than the virus itself.

Don't be controlled by fear.

OH FOR GODS SAKE! You're quoting Trump. I don't live in fear, I live in anger at assholes who won't wear masks.

Balance, what is that? The Republican states who refused to close down or mask are now peaking and having to send their sick and dying covid patients to neighboring states. Not much for personal responsibility is it?

This is an absolute delusion on your part. Government mandates have saved lives and stopped the spread. The virus is a pandemic that happens every hundred years or so and kills millions. Lives and livelihoods are helped in many European countries by their government actions. The death toll in the USA, the large number of those hospitalized in the USA are a result of the lack of leadership in the federal government right now.
We lead the world in deaths, hospitalizations for covid.
Something is wrong. Pretending you are immune is not the same as immune.
Businesses can be open. Schools are open.
You just have to do it safely.

Why can't you adapt?
Last edited by Blue on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Don't be a fool. Or perhaps it's too late for you, eh, given how well you've taken to all the narratives presented to you.

"Quoted Trump" -- laughable. I've no bearing on whatever his talking points may be.

I've wasted time on this thread.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

Guess this place is not for me.
Blue

Next

Return to General Discussion