Here's my take on the meaning of life...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Here's my take on the meaning of life...

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:38 pm

The Sandpaper Room. <br><br>There are two rollers hidden behind the walls on either side of the Sandpaper Room that keep the abrasive floor in motion at all times. Not too fast, maybe two or three miles per hour, which is easy enough to keep pace with… at first. <br><br>Eventually though, you get tired and stop. But the moving floor pulls you up against the wall, where you realize that the soles of your shoes are slowly being sanded away. So you start walking again, but it dawns on you that you're only delaying the inevitable… that your time is limited to how long you can stay awake and moving, while your captors have all the time in the world. <br><br>How long will it take for you to die? How many times will you drop unconscious from exhaustion, only to be ripped awake by the pain of your skin being sanded away? How many times will you be able to force yourself to get up and walk before your body simply isn't able to obey your mental commands anymore? Hours? Days? A week? <br><br>Once you make the final drop, how long before the sandpaper grinds your flesh to the bone? How many days before you bleed to death? How long before there's nothing left but a red wet stripe on the floor… of the Sandpaper Room? <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Here's my take on the meaning of life...

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:41 pm

Don't give them ideas.<br><br>Jeez that was a horrible image. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Jerky's mind

Postby blanc » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:14 pm

see a doc Jle B. too ghastly by far. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Jerky's Take Reminded Me of Something

Postby HMKGrey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Anyone else ever see that program where they put that momma monkey and her baby in the room and start heating the floor? <br><br>At first the momma monkey keeps the baby on her back and it stays that way until she's literally crawling up the walls with the agony of it. Then, finally, as her feet are frying, she stands on the baby. <br><br>Sorry for the horrible image - and on a Sunday and all - but aside from that, it's a potent lesson too. <br> <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Is it just me or........

Postby JD » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:08 pm

wtf - why would anyone dream up a sandpaper room; and if their mind went to such a place why the hell would they share it with the world? Really wtf is the point of a post like that? What am I missing?<br><br>What's next; a post about how people should be tortured; how it would look, and feel......<br><br>I second the thought that maybe you should see a doctor Jerk.<br><br>Who the hell would do an experiment like that? I don't mind the comment being placed if it really happened; then at least it is data.<br><br>I do take offence to posting someone's violent fantasy though.<br><br>Jeff please watch the boundaries here - not saying this should be in the firepit but it is flirting with it in my opinion.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
JD

NOW you've upset me

Postby blanc » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:28 pm

HMKGrey - the lesson is........<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Re: Here's my take on the meaning of life...

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:01 pm

I once declared that I'd realised the meaning of life and my mates took the piss for so long that by the time they got round to asking me to explain it I'd forgotten. Bastards <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Re: Re: Here's my take on the meaning of life...

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:21 pm

the images thread might have provoked some latent sadists in this board. or maybe it's something else that pulled it out of the gutters. <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Guns don't kill sadists, images do, err..you know what I mean..The images thread is admittedly provocative, but I don't think it's responsible for anyone's actions or utterances here. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:22 pm

Sadistic killers always start with animals. Pulling the wings off flies. Torturing small animals. Then they move up to the big league and get to be vice president. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

The "potent lesson" of a torture experiment

Postby Bismillah » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:49 pm

HMKG: <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Sorry for the horrible image - and on a Sunday and all - but aside from that, it's a potent lesson too.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>On the contrary, it tells us absolutely nothing but the ballsachingly obvious: that almost any living creature will abandon all it holds dear if some sadist torments it and terrifies it beyond endurance while robbing it of all hope. <br><br>And if you were really "sorry for the horrible image", you wouldn't have posted it in the first place. <br><br>I think some people on this board would do well to take a step back and look at what this wallowing in horror is doing to them. <p></p><i></i>
Bismillah

Everybody take a deep breath.

Postby HMKGrey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:51 pm

<br>I'm not speaking for Jerky but I wasn't trying to make anybody angry and I'm certainly not a sadist - latent or otherwise. If anyone would like to accuse me of that, please mail me privately I can tell you to fuck off privately in retrun. <br><br>I brought up that story as a counter [grisly, but a counter] and a connection to Jerky's idea because I saw a connection. <br><br>Fact is, most of us will do anything to get out of that sandpaper room. I think we're hard wired that way. I guess that explains why a fundamental part of a stable/soporific society is having a huge middle class. It's a lot easier and profitable to rule people who aren't in a sandpaper room. Even the Romans understood this. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Re: Everybody take a deep breath.

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:33 pm

I first came up with the Sandpaper Room as part of a Top Ten list I was writing for the Dirt. It was, I admit, a sadistic list, insofar as it was a list of...<br><br>The TOP TEN WORST WAYS TO DIE!<br>(our Top Ten lists go to 11)<br><br>11. Anus-to-bald-spot chainsaw bisection.<br><br>10. Drinking a Drano Slurpee.<br><br>9. Listening to Starship's We Built This City amplified to such an incredibly high volume that you suffer total cellular breakdown and liquefaction.<br><br>8. Drowning in the septic tank at a summer camp for AIDS victims.<br><br>7. Suffering a massive, terror-induced heart attack in the middle of being eaten alive by a pack of ravenous hyenas.<br><br>6. Having the flesh slowly and expertly flayed off your bones by an Apache who uses nothing but a sharp stick and his nimble fingers.<br><br>5. Accidentally drinking a mug full of liquid nitrogen and freezing solid from the inside out.<br><br>4. Cancer.<br><br>3. Being slowly strangled with a greasy loop of your own intestine by a Japanese cartoon demon who is simultaneously raping you up the ass with a fish-hook-covered cock the size of a fire extinguisher.<br><br>2. Being shot down by a United States military jet ten minutes after you and your fellow passengers manage to wrest control of the hijacked airliner from the extremist Muslim terrorists who intended to crash it into the White House.<br><br>1. The Sandpaper Room. <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:16 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Fact is, most of us will do anything to get out of that sandpaper room. I think we're hard wired that way.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Thanks for your defense of my sanity, HMK. I have been to many headshrinkers in my lifetime, for various problems, and have found them all wanting. A running theme in their inability to help me (beyond prescribing pharmaceuticals which seem to do no good) is telling me I'm "too clever" for them to help via the usual talking cures. So be it.<br><br>On the other hand, the point of the Sandpaper Room is that, like life, there's no escaping it, and there's only one way out. And it's rarely pretty. <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Postby nopui » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:24 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Who the hell would do an experiment like that?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> My current employer, as just one example. I may not be losing the skin off my feet, but I am slowly losing touch with what is really important in life, as they continually crank up the work volume with no end in sight. <p></p><i></i>
nopui

Next

Return to Other