Letourneau's Strange Family/Bush Gov Connections

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Letourneau's Strange Family/Bush Gov Connections

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:14 pm

Considering the theme of Jeff's blog, I'm sure this subject has already been covered and I have missed it. I also must have missed it in the major media sources too, although I saw plenty there about Mary Kay Letourneau herself, the teacher who not only sexually abused a 13-year-old student of hers, but also had at least one child by him before he came of age. What I amazingly missed was that Letourneau's father, John G. Schmitz, had been a Congressman at one time, one so far right of right wing that even the John Bircher's disowned him, it seems.<br><br>Not only was Letourneau's father a Congressman, but this "family values" John G. Schmitz had a second family while stilll married to Mary Kay's mother. Mr. Schmitz had two children by a German woman who had been...a student of his when he taught college.<br><br>But the story of Mary Kay's father doesn't end there.<br><br>snips<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://kateablog.blogspot.com/">kateablog.blogspot.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>He's also the father of the "infant boy treated at an Orange County hospital for having hair tied so tightly around his penis that it was almost severed. The baby was placed in protective custody, and the court demanded that the baby's father step forward. It turned out that Schmitz, a purported defender of family values, was the father." This scandal effectively ended his political career.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.spitfirelist.com/f469.html">www.spitfirelist.com/f469.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Emphasis mine:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> One of the strangest episodes in Schmitz’s saga concerns a second family he raised by his German (!) mistress. A young boy conceived in that relationship appears to have been sexually mutilated. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Mr. Emory muses about the possibility that the strange circumstances of the boy’s torment may have been part of some kind of mind control procedure.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> “But the man who saw conspiracies everywhere, who was an equal opportunity bigot, and who decried America’s moral decrepitude, had, himself, a skeleton in the closet. It came to light in a curious way. An Orange County child abuse case in 1982 concerned a thirteen-month-old infant who was discovered with hair so tightly wound around his penis that the organ had nearly been severed. The baby was placed in protective custody, and the court demanded that the father step forward. It turned out to be none other than John G. Schmitz, now again a state senator, paterfamilias of five children and, er, two others with his German mistress, once his student at Santa Ana. It marked the end of Schmitz’s political career (although he did attempt to run for Congress once more). The charges against the mother were eventually dropped and the infant restored to her care. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>But it was never explained what was going on with the hair-wound penis. One historian has suggested that it was a ‘mysterious sex—or probably anti-sex ritual . . . as if a chastity device.’</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Schmitz, feisty as ever, remarked, ‘I ought to get the Right to Life man-of-the-year award for this.’” (Idem.)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br>But wait, if you missed this story too, again, it doesn't end there. Two of Letourneau's brothers, one Joseph E. Schmitz, amd one John P. Schmitz ,have been a part of of the two Bush administrations. <br><br>The latest that I could find on Joseph was that he now works for Blackwater International, but his resume also includes a stint as Special assistant to Attorney General to Ed Meese, as well as Inspector General at the Pentagon from 2002 to 2005.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nndb.com/people/466/000104154/">www.nndb.com/people/466/000104154/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>But it gets even goofier, a la Michael Brown.<br><br><br>(original LA Times article not available, so this one will do, emphasis mine)<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_09/007197.php">www.washingtonmonthly.com...007197.php</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>THE FAMILY THAT KEEPS ON GIVING....Today's LA Times story about former Pentagon inspector general Joseph Schmitz is hilarious: <br><br>[Current and former colleagues] described a management style in which Schmitz asked for updates on personal projects — such as a new bathroom in his executive suite or the hiring of a speechwriter — while avoiding substantive issues such as tight budgets.<br><br>....<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Some of the more unusual complaints regarding Schmitz deal with what senior officials called an "obsession" with [Baron Friedrich] Von Steuben, the Revolutionary War hero who worked with George Washington to instill discipline in the military. Von Steuben reportedly fled Germany after learning that he was going to be tried for homosexual activities.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>Shortly after taking office, Schmitz made Von Steuben's legacy a focus. He spent three months personally redesigning the inspector general's seal to include the Von Steuben family motto, "Always under the protection of the Almighty."<br><br>He dictated the number of stars, laurel leaves and colors of the seal. He also asked for a new eagle, saying that the one featured on the old seal "looked like a chicken," current and former officials said.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><br>And then there is the other of Mary Kay's brothers, John P. Schmitz, who played a part in the Iran/contra cover-up. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.spitfirelist.com/f469.html">www.spitfirelist.com/f469.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Of more contemporary significance is the career of Schmitz’s son, John P. Schmitz. The younger Schmitz has—as Mr. Emory says—more connections than a switchboard. Among the younger Schmitz’s credits is his representation of the elder George Bush during the Iran-Contra and Iraqgate affairs. Note that he joined with Janet Rehnquist (the daughter of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court) in protecting Bush. “ . . . There’s still another chapter to the story. John G. Schmitz’s son John P. Schmitz did not share his father’s disdain for George Bush, whom he served as Deputy Counsel from 1984 to 1993. He was involved in Iran-Contra as a deputy to C. Boyden Gray (and as an associate of Janet Rehnquist.) Schmitz was one of the few Iran-Contra players to refuse to be interviewed by the independent counsel, and was highly instrumental, as was Rehnquist, in protecting Bush. Bush was never questioned, and a diary he kept was never examined; Walsh’s final report read ‘The criminal investigation of Bush was regrettably incomplete.’ (Chapter 28, second paragraph.).” (Ibid.; pp. 1-2.)<br><br>15. Schmitz’s other clients place him in the “mix” of the various 9/11 investigations and lawsuits. In addition, the younger Schmitz (a partner in a German international law firm) represents many German corporations—more about that below. Among his credits is his presence on the American Council on Germany, an organization whose heritage is at one with the Americans who rehabilitated Third Reich alumni to serve in the Federal Republic of Germany (as well as for U.S. intelligence.) “Since then, John P. Schmitz has popped up every once in awhile. He seems to have had dealings with Iraq before the Gulf War, and with his present law firm has worked for Enron, Bayer (producer of Cipro), and United Airlines (9/11 lawsuit); his firm also has a Central Asian office in Tashkent. Schmitz, along with many men of high repute, is a member of the boards of directors of the American Council on Germany and the Atlantic Council of the US. . . .” (Ibid.; p. 2.)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><br>This makes me wonder if he knew Donald Gregg. Hmmm....<br><br><br><br><br>More can be found here:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dark-wraith.com/2005/09/special-analysis-follow-up-blackwater.html">www.dark-wraith.com/2005/...water.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/find/whorm/judicial.html">bushlibrary.tamu.edu/rese...icial.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:tM7h1yxAlvEJ:www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jgschmitz.htm+Joseph+E.+Schmitz%2BMary+Kay+Letourneau&hl=en">72.14.203.104/search?q=ca...neau&hl=en</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

oh, no...

Postby robertdreed » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:28 pm

According to one of those arcane histories of Masonry that I found in the reference section of the Sacramento public library (Central branch), Baron von Steuben was sent to the USA in his "military advisory" capacity as the result of an effort by the Strict Observance Lodge of Freemasonry.<br><br>Someone else is going to have to run with this one, it's way over my poor brains. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 11/30/05 12:29 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

Weird

Postby Col Quisp » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:49 pm

I'd like to know more about this. Sounds like it would make an interesting book. <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Letourneau connections to Bush family

Postby cd » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:11 pm

You left out one of the most bizarre connections. One of Mary Kay's brothers (at the moment I can't remember which) is married to Columba (Mrs. Jeb) Bush's sister. Columba and her sister are from Mexico, from a poor rather than elite family. Yet the two sisters married high-powered, right-wing men. Imagine being the sister-in-law of both Jeb Bush and Mary Kay Letourneau! Yes, there is a story there. I will get the specifics (names) to you later. <p></p><i></i>
cd

Re: Letourneau's Strange Family/Bush Gov Connections

Postby OnoI812 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:32 pm

And don't forget..One of the Schmtzs was in a key position to block certain aspects of the 9/11 investigation, he kind of resigned suddenly and then scooted off to work for a certain private security firm...Blackwater <br><br>On edit- I see you did make the BW connection...This guy is a Bush crime family capo and hard core fascist. <br><br>Now the COO of BW... they refer to him as the "general"...<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.blackwaterusa.com/press/schmitz.asp">www.blackwaterusa.com/press/schmitz.asp</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>If we go into a state of emergency....folks like the "General" will be heavily involved.<br><br>Also to be thorough , you need to check into Erik Prince , and his Michigan familial , and BFEE connections.. very interesting indeed...<br>From the "Nation" article: <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Prince, a staunch right-wing Christian, comes from a powerful Michigan <br> Republican family, and his father, Edgar, was a close friend of former <br> Republican presidential candidate and antichoice leader Gary Bauer. In <br> 1988 the elder Prince helped Bauer start the Family Research Council. <br> Erik Prince's sister, Betsy, once chaired the Michigan Republican <br> Party and is married to Dick DeVos, whose father, billionaire Richard <br> DeVos, is co-founder of the major Republican benefactor Amway. Dick <br> DeVos is also a big-time contributor to the Republican Party and will <br> likely be the GOP candidate for Michigan governor in 2006. Another <br> Blackwater founder, president Gary Jackson, is also a major <br> contributor to Republican campaigns.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>More: see-<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.spitfirelist.com/f533.html">www.spitfirelist.com/f533.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> The article mentions that Jeb married a Mexican woman. Columba Bush’s sister is married to John P. Schmitz, a beneficiary of the fellowship programs subsumed under the Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft and the brother of Joseph Schmitz, currently the head of the Blackwater security outfit. John P. Schmitz has close links to the elder George Bush the 9/11 milieu. (For more about the Schmitz family, the Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft and other points of information in this relationship, see FTR#’s 469, 476, 529, 530.) “Brother of the Presidential candidate and son of the ex-President with the same name, Jeb not only married a Mexican but has always been closely bound to Latin America by business. At the White House, ex-Argentine ambassador [to the US] Diego Guelar (who handles foreign relations for the Buenos Aires government) said: ‘For us, Florida is like a business partner of ours.’ ‘We have the same type of relationship with Sao Paulo in Brazil and Westphalia in Germany,’ he explained.” (Idem.)<br><br>streaming 1 hour real audio files of FTR 469,476,529, 530 and 533 can be accessed here <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://wfmu.org/playlists/DX">wfmu.org/playlists/DX</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> all are reccomended for better understanding of the machinations of this subject. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=onoi812>OnoI812</A> at: 12/1/05 8:40 am<br></i>
OnoI812

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:24 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/marykay_letourneau/3.html">www.crimelibrary.com/crim...eau/3.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Scandal of the Second Family <br><br> <br> <br><br>On one Free For All, Mary Schmitz made an impassioned plea for the importance of marriage and the family on the program just a few weeks before a sex scandal involving her husband broke.<br><br><br>John Schmitz <br><br>It turned out that John Schmitz, champion of traditional morals and family values, had been having a longtime affair with a former student of his named Carla Stuckle. What's more, he had fathered two out-of-wedlock children with her.<br><br><br>The second family of John Schmitz became public knowledge because Carla was suspected of having abused or neglected her first child by John, a boy she had named John George. <br><br>Carla Stuckle, then 43, phoned her adult daughter from a previous marriage, Carla Larson, to tell her of some distressing news about John George, then an infant. Stuckle wept as she told her that the little boy's penis had been injured and would require surgery. "I took him to the doctor," Carla Stuckle sobbed. "He said the baby has a hair wrapped around his penis and it had been there for some time."<br><br>"Oh, my God!" Larson shouted. "Don't you ever bathe him? How could this have happened?"<br><br>"I don't know," said her mother.<br><br>Later, Stuckle called her daughter with more bad news. The surgery had gone well and John George would suffer no lasting damage. But Stuckle wasn't being allowed to take the baby home.<br><br>Bits of hair or other fibers often get trapped in babies' diapers and can cause infections and other ills. But at least one physician treating John George had become convinced that the boy had had a hair deliberately wrapped around the organ. He would recall it as being "tied in a square knot."<br><br>Child abuse investigators went to Stuckle's home. Still caring for her second child by Schmitz, a daughter named Eugenie, the woman appeared worn and frazzled. She had diabetes and worked long hours in two different jobs to support her youngsters in addition to caring for them. She answered all the questions that investigators put to her until they started asking about the children's father. She did not want to drag him into this.<br><br>"Until we find out and get this thing all done," a detective told her, "you're going to jail. Chances are you'll never see your son again. . . ."<br><br>"Well, it's John Schmitz," she said.<br><br>"John Schmitz," repeated the flabbergasted officer.<br><br>"John Schmitz, the state senator," she calmly stated.<br><br>Detectives thought the woman was almost certainly lying. Perhaps she wanted to make trouble for the outspokenly pro-family politician. Maybe she was deluded. But they had to check it out.<br><br>A detective took the politician aside at a John Birch Society meeting. "Well, is it your son?" the officer asked, after explaining why he was there.<br><br>"Yes, he is," Schmitz replied, "but I do not and will not support him financially. It is her responsibility to take care of him." He said he knew nothing of the hair on the boy's penis or how it happened.<br><br>Soon the second family of John Schmitz made headlines throughout the country. His political career was over. So was his wife's stint as a political commentator. However, their marriage survived. The couple separated for a period, then reconciled.<br><br>Investigators concluded there was not enough evidence to charge Stuckle with child abuse or neglect. John George was returned to her care. In 1994, Stuckle died from complications from the diabetes that had long ravaged her. John George was 13, his sister, 11. John Schmitz had no desire for custody of his two youngest children. The famous psychic Jeanne Dixon, who was a close friend of Mary Schmitz, took them in. When Dixon died in 1997, the children became wards of the state and went to an orphanage.<br><br>In the shadow of this scandal, Mary Kay took her father's side. She told friends of hers that her mother was a cold person and denied her father the affection he needed and deserved as a husband. When talking about it, she would comment, "She drove him to it."<br><br>She did not allow herself to become obsessed by the scandal swirling around her beloved father. She had her own life to live and she was enjoying it as a college student at Arizona State University. There she continued her party-animal ways....<br> <br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>Snip from further on in the chapter:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The family continued to grow. Mary Kay's sister Terry was born in 1965. Her sister Elizabeth was born, then baby brother Philip. When Mary Kay was 7, she had a sexual encounter with one of her older brothers. She saw his penis, and he began fondling her. Later, Mary Kay would downplay the importance of these incidents. "I was not forced into anything," she recalled, "but when I decided it was wrong, I said no. And guess what? It stopped."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 11/30/05 4:31 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:35 pm

The family lived in the Sacramento area for a time. Where did Susan Hamlin grow up? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby FourthBase » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:48 pm

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The famous psychic Jeanne Dixon, who was a close friend of Mary Schmitz, took them in.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>Whoa, wtf.<br><br>This is an amazing thread. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Re: Schmitz

Postby albion » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:37 pm

There's a 1-page PDF file on the IG Seal that Joseph Schmitz apparently re-designed personally (as mentioned in the LA Times article) available from the following DoD website. There's a picture of the seal, a description, and exegesis of the symbolism. It's unattributed, but maybe Schmitz wrote it himself?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dodig.osd.mil/IGInformation/DoD_IG_seal_9-11-02%28r1%29.pdf">www.dodig.osd.mil/IGInfor...8r1%29.pdf</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
albion

Revised emblem approved on...

Postby FourthBase » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:00 pm

Sept 11, 2002 <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Re: Revised emblem approved on...

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 pm

Not sure about the agenda of this article, but it describes some interesting history..... if correct. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.petertatchell.net/travel/washington.htm">www.petertatchell.net/tra...ington.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>LAFAYETTE PARK<br>....Situated in front of the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue, this small park honours the great revolutionary soldiers who defeated the British army of occupation in the battle for US independence.<br>One of those revered with a grand statue in the north-west corner of the square is General Baron von Steuben (1730-1794), who helped found the US Army and played a major role in the liberation of America from British rule.<br><br>Von Stueben had originally served on the military staff of the gay Prussian King, Frederick II, but left Europe for America amid allegations of homosexual scandal. When von Steuben took on the task of training the US rebels, he picked a handsome 17-year-old soldier as his secretary and<br>personal assistant. The two were inseparable. In his later years, he developed a close attachment to two young captains who had served as his aides-de-camp. His will named them as his adopted children" and sole heirs.<br><br>Von Steuben's statue is a paean to homo-eroticism and camp irony. At the base, are the figures of two naked men, one advising the other in the art of swordmanship. It is entitled "military instruction".<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Re: Revised emblem approved on...

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:30 pm

Square knots???? Interesting that Boy Scouts have something on square knots. Also interesting that this bit was by a Michael Brown:<br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:CPK03EMdPzgJ:netcommish.com/AskAndy37.asp+square+knots%2Bsexual&hl=en">72.14.203.104/search?q=ca...xual&hl=en</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And another sharp-eyed reader, on the subject of devices on religious square knots... <br><br><br>Hi Andy,<br><br>I saw your response to the question of knot devices on the youth religious knot. While you were largely correct, you missed the fact that for some religions there are TWO religious awards that Boy Scouts can earn. There is one for boys 11-14, then another one for boys 14-18 that is earned by older Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, or Venturer. So a Boy Scout could earn two additional religious awards. This is one of the reasons why there are knot devices for Varsity Scouts and Venturers. So, if I saw a Boy Scout with both a Boy Scout knot device AND a Venturing knot device on his religious square knot, I’d know that he had earned two religious awards. (Michael Brown)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

chiggerbit's on fire

Postby mother » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:33 pm

what an amazing story. The Jeanne Dixon thing is really, really curious. Her husband was a successful realtor in DC and advertised weekly in the St. Matthew's Cathedral church bulletin. And how these marraiges to b*sh brothers occurred is beyond imagining...I really hope to know more of this story. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: chiggerbit's on fire

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:57 pm

Yes, I am hoping cd can get us some more info. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

insanity

Postby Jen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:59 pm

Man. I've had serious questions about M.K. Letourneau ever since seeing her interview on Larry King last year, (vile, displayed classic pedophile behaviors) and much of the content in this thread validates my suspcions. Kinda makes me afraid to find out how much more bizarre this story gets. <p></p><i></i>
Jen

Next

Return to Data & Research Compilations