*** New, temporary blog address ***

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

EZBoard server failure

Postby Avalon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Jeff, I've just gotten word that a board on which I've participated for years has gone down due to an EZboard server failure. The phrasing the moderator there used in her email was "Several servers are down at ezboard and have been for quite a while."<br><br>This is independent of the concerns I raised with you in the email last night. Or maybe it's not independent, which would be quite worrying.<br><br>Do we have a couple of up-to-date copies of this board and its archives in separate places, in case we have another EZboard "incident" like that one that destroyed so much last year? <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: EZBoard server failure

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:46 am

I'm archiving the site right now. (Been at it 20 hours and counting.) <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:39 pm

Jeff, do you still have plans to switch to a phpBB forum? The benefits for this kind of group are enormous.. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:41 pm

Absolutely. I'm trying to get my new site up early Sept, which will host my blog and the forum. (As well as other new content, I hope.) <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Previous

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]