"The Family" - David Berg's PR Makeover

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"The Family" - David Berg's PR Makeover

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:02 pm

http://www.thefamily.org/

Jaw-dropping. Scrubbed anti-septic clean, no mention of the fact their founders were some of the more deranged pedophiles of the past century.

http://www.thefamily.org/about/davidberg.php

^^Their account of David Berg, scumfucker extraordinaire.

The photos throughout are so, so creepy.

Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:53 am

Fascinating link, thanks. Creepy pictures, indeed.

Just discovered this site you may have seen:

http://www.exfamily.org/

Unlike the spin on the official homepage of The Family, our mission is to to bring you honest, truthful, accurate, complete and contextual information about The Family cult—also known as The Children of God, The Family International, The Family of Love, The Family and various pseudonyms—which now operates internationally as a collection of charitable organizations under the umbrella of the FCF (Family Care Foundation).

Interesting page here compiling "Family" publications:

http://www.exfamily.org/cgi-bin/pubindex.pl
Rigorous Intuition

Ritual abuse in The Family in Australia

Postby biaothanatoi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:06 pm

The association between "The Family" here in Australia, and cases of ritual abuse, is very strong.

I've spoken to psychs all around the country on this - and some cops - and the number of cases of ritual abuse with some kind of "Family" connection is incredibly disturbing. I've never elicited that information, and wasn't actually looking for it. It's something I've only heard in the last year, but then I've heard it time and time again.

Not all kids in the Family were ritually abused, but there seemed to be levels of involvement, with ritual abuse at the core (or on the margins, depending on how you look at it). It's quite possible the "the Family" was the chief means of introducing the more "sophisticated" methods of ritual abuse into Australia.
biaothanatoi

Postby Avalon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:56 am

"^^Their account of Nick Berg, scumfucker extraordinaire. "

You mean David Berg. Nick Berg was the American beheaded in Iraq.
Avalon

Re:

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:57 am

Avalon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:56 am wrote:"^^Their account of Nick Berg, scumfucker extraordinaire. "

You mean David Berg. Nick Berg was the American beheaded in Iraq.

Quite so & thank you for the correction. Found this page doing research, appropriately enough.

Wondering where Berg learned to mindfuck -- I think his story might be a crucial data point to support Christopher Knowles' controversial but cogent contention that the MK research was outsourced to the Evangelical Christian Right.

My own contention, of course, is that the Jesuits were the original MKUltra program and the Knights of Malta / CIA axis runs far deeper than memos from the early 1950's.
Wombaticus Rex

Re: "The Family" - David Berg's PR Makeover

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed May 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Just got a copy of James D. Chancellor, Life in the Family: An Oral History of the Children of God, I'll be transcribing some stuff and share it here.

Per the intro outline:

This work is an attempt to weave together the lives of a diverse group of people into a whole fabric. It is a cloth of many hues and colors. There are dark threads of suffering and pain and abuse, blended with the bright colors of joy and hope and the love of life. Since it is their journey, as much as possible, it is conveyed in their own words.

Chapter 1 provides a historical overview. This timeline will be useful as the story unfolds thematically rather than chronologically.

Chapter 2 is the book of origins, exploring who these people were before joining and what motivated them to turn their backs on life as they knew it, "forsaking all" for the cause of Jesus and Father David.

Chapter 3 focuses on the belief system that shapes and sustains life in The Family. There is no effort at theological evaluation of Family literature or the official Statement of Faith. Rather, I have attempted to locate and explicate the essential theological and ideological commitments that bring focus and direction to the lives of the disciples.

Chapter 4 explores the most distinctive and controversial dimension of the movement, "The Law of Love." Here I examine the shifting and evolving sexual ethos, the emergence of sexual allure as a means of proselytizing and financial support, and the most sensitive aspect of life in the Family, sexuality and children. Although I treat this topic at length in this chapter and reference it fully in other places, the intent is not to make this issue the central focus. Whereas sexuality is fundamental to Family identity, it is but one dimension of a complex corporate character.

Chapter 5 focuses on the central aspects of life in The Family: religious experience, the missionary enterprise, and the life of faith.

Chapter 6 deals with the cost of discipleship. Here we explore the emotional distress, physical hardship, and outright persecution that has often been a corollary of disciple life.

Chapter 7 relates the life experience of Father David's grandchildren, the second generation who were born and raised as Children of God and have chosen to remain. The book closes with some brief reflections on the future of The Family.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to Paedophilia and Fascist Sexuality