Medication time.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Medication time.

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Belligerent Savant » Mon May 18, 2020 10:31 pm wrote:^^^^^^

useful information. Thanks for sharing this. My youngest child's (she's 5 yrs old) dentist prescribed fluoride pills because my wife told him we don't use toothpaste with fluoride. Doctors with good intentions conditioned to prescribe.

You're most welcome, Belligerent Savant. Sadly, I went the Flintstones vitamin route with my kids, long before I knew any better. The twice yearly visits to the dentist should be all the treatment your daughter should receive and he should be doing this- you should check. Even though some question the treatment of baby teeth that will eventually fall out, it's been found that such treatment is beneficial to the permanent teeth that grow in their place. My recall is too vague to remember more specifically, so I'll get back to you if I can locate more information. Unfortunately, right now Paul Connett is battling a lithium battery recycling facility proposed to be built in a town in NY neighboring his community and it will be incinerating and baking Lithium, which will be released in its emissions along with a whole host of other toxins. He'd be able to give me chapter & verse; and so, I'll hunt for it.

All the water used in the city of Albany comes from a dammed creek near my home that's called the Alcove Reservoir, (no trespass permitted); before distribution it does receive some filtration, but no fluoridation.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2020 5:35 pm

stickdog99 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:13 pm wrote:
As I said before (and I assume I will have to reiterate again and again and again), I personally believe that the vast majority of vaccines confer more benefit than harm on the populations they are administered to. But much like our shared belief that current social distancing measures in most locations confer more overall benefit than harm, this belief is entirely faith-based.

Thank you for sharing this, stickdog. It's pretty much the same way I feel about vaccines.
Iamwhomiam

Postby stickdog99 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm

I think you wholly misunderstand my commentary. I was not commenting on your entire post. You have every right to your faith-based opinions that all fluoridation is 100% terrible because it is just a product of US scientific groupthink while all vaccination is 100% awesome because it is not merely the product US scientific groupthink. You may even be "right" about this, whatever the appellation signifies. I mean, I sincerely hope that you are "right", and I certainly cannot prove you wrong.

I was commenting only on the extreme certitude of exactly one sentence of your post that I quoted.

"On the merits, the Germans happen to be right about both."

Considering how you feel free to pounce on anything anyone else expresses around here that you find semantically objectionable, I find the extreme personalization of your responses to my purposefully overstated but otherwise wholly reasonable criticism of your perfect certitude of the righteousness of your opinions on these issues a bit disconcerting.

It reads sort of like "any pointed criticism of how I express my views disqualifies you as a rational actor." Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but all I was trying to do was point out that the Rumsfeldian unknown unknowns of the overall risks and benefits of each specific vaccination do not lend themselves to the level of "Germans good; vaccination good; fluoridation bad" certitude you expressed in the quote above.

Again, the analogy to fluoridation is totally apt because "USA good; fluoridation good" is the standard response to any and all reasoned critiques of fluoridation in this neck of woods. And the exact level of certitude you expressed about vaccination has somehow managed to justify the purposeful dumping of toxic waste into our drinking water by well-meaning water treatment engineers in almost every locality in the USA to this day. I am not sure what has led you to believe that such scientific groupthink cannot possibly apply to vaccination, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't scientific evidence.

(on edit: inserted a missing word)
Last edited by stickdog99 on Tue May 19, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Whom are you addressing, stickdog? Jack or me? Jack, right?
Iamwhomiam

Postby stickdog99 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Iamwhomiam » 19 May 2020 23:02 wrote:Whom are you addressing, stickdog? Jack or me? Jack, right?

Yes, and I am probably talking to the wind at this point. Note to self, "Resist the urge to confirm Godwin's Law even when you can't help imagining Dr. Strangelove."
stickdog99

Postby dada » Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm

0_0 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:25 pm wrote:
dada » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm wrote:Considering your earlier post, I'm not sure that you're really in a position to be giving out kudos, or deciding what's fair enough.

Well dada, you can like it or not, but i definitely am in a position that i can decide what seems fair enough to me and i always will be. And also i can give out kudos anytime i want.

I could like it or not, but I don't think I will do either. But this wasn't about what I might like or not, or about what seems fair enough to you or what you want. It was an observation.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Get back in line, dada. No observing allowed!
Iamwhomiam

Postby dada » Wed May 20, 2020 2:00 am

Alright, I'll try. But I'm not making any promises.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Sounder » Sat May 23, 2020 6:54 am

Yeah sure, Gates et al simply want to vaccinate to 'fight disease', you bet. (You lose)
Lack of imagination leads to eugenics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5904606/
Vaccines for immunological control of fertility
Satish K. Guptacorresponding author 1 and Pankaj Bansal 1

Go to:
Abstract

Vaccines have been proposed as one of the strategies for population control. Immunocontraceptive vaccines can be designed to inhibit: (1) production of gametes (sperm and egg); (2) functions of gametes, leading to blocking of fertilization; and (3) gamete outcome (pregnancy). Immunization with gonadotropin‐releasing hormone coupled to different carriers has shown curtailment in the production of sperm with concomitant infertility in various species. Immunization of nonhuman primates and men with ovine follicle stimulating hormone has also resulted in reduced sperm output. Various spermatozoa‐specific proteins such as FA1, PH‐20, LDH‐C4, SP‐10, SP‐17, sp56, SPAG9, and Izumo have been proposed as candidate antigens to develop contraceptive vaccines, which have shown efficacy in inhibiting fertility in different animal models. Immunization with zona pellucida glycoproteins‐based immunogens also results in curtailment of fertility in a variety of species. However, ways to overcome the observed oophoritis associated with zona proteins immunization have yet to be discovered, a necessary step before their proposal for control of human population. Nonetheless, this is a very promising approach to control wildlife animal population. Phase II clinical trials of β‐human chorionic gonadotropin‐based vaccine in women have established the proof of principle that it is possible to inhibit fertility without any untoward side‐effects by vaccination. Further scientific inputs are required to increase the efficacy of contraceptive vaccines and establish their safety beyond doubt, before they can become applicable for control of fertility in humans.
Keywords: Fertilization, Hormones, Immunocontraception, Spermatozoa, Vaccine, Zona pellucida
Go to:
Introduction

The increasing human population is an important driving anthropogenic factor, among others, responsible for increased atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases (GHGs). The impact = population × affluence × technology (IPAT) model suggests that increasing population and economic growth in the coming decades will exacerbate GHGs [1], which may produce disruptive changes in global climate, putting our existence on Earth at stake. Hence, there is an urgent need for commensurate efforts to stabilize human population at a sustainable level. It is estimated that, by 2020, about 1.2 billion people, or 16% of the world's population, will be entering their child‐bearing years. Furthermore, 90% of those entering reproductive age will be in the developing world, where there is a particularly pressing need for new contraceptives that are cheap, safe, reliable, convenient, reversible, and culturally acceptable. Hence, there is an urgent need for investment in efforts leading to the development of new forms of contraceptive...........
Sounder

Previous

Return to General Discussion