Terrorists take Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris hostage

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Terrorists take Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris host

Postby conniption » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:55 am

France: Calais 'Jungle' refugee camp goes up in flames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQq9jpWOR0
Ruptly TV
Published on Nov 13, 2015

Multiple fires broke out at the Calais refugee camp commonly known as the 'Jungle' late on Friday night. Emergency workers had successfully extinguished most of the flames, though their efforts were hampered by strong winds.
conniption

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby crikkett » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:11 am

Anderson Cooper's talking head just now keeps using the curious turn of phrase "the crows are coming home to roost."

Interesting. "Like a duck in a noose"
(A lawman kept saying that to tv cameras during the DC sniper attacks)
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:34 am

This is just one of the most awful things I have ever seen. I can't believe that woman(?) was able to hang on to that window ledge for so long. I hope the regime of the neocons and whatever/whoever they associate with that started this shit are kicking their boots up and enjoying their satanic show. I really don't give a fuck "who" did it. It was done and as Nordic said, who benefits? The amount of emotional, physical and deadly trauma these fucks have caused for millions upon millions is a concerted attack upon all peace.

Not to be a nag, but can we change the thread title to something like "Paris Terrorist Attacks" or something so it is more searchable going forward?

But yeah. Game changer. We shall see. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 am

Uh-oh. The old found passport canard found by the body of one of the suicide bombers. It was Syrian as they tell it on CNN just now.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:53 am

Uh-oh again. CNN is now rolling with Pope Francis calling this the beginning of "The Third World War". . . Expect this meme to spread. :shock:
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:03 am

seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:Gen. Allen: US May Be Condemned to Fight ISIS Forever
Recently Replaced as Special Envoy, Allen Offers Grim Assessment of 'Long Term' War

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2015/ ... t-forever/

100 dead people in theater

this changes everything

this changes everything
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:05 am

crikkett » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am wrote:
Anderson Cooper's talking head just now keeps using the curious turn of phrase "the crows are coming home to roost."

Interesting. "Like a duck in a noose"
(A lawman kept saying that to tv cameras during the DC sniper attacks)

:hug1:
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:16 am

I have CNN on at home at the moment in order to get the "pulse" of the stream. But do bear in mind that every airport, at least in America streams CNN on all their screens. The office in Denver I worked at for a bit also streamed CNN with people eating lunch in the lounge area back before it got this bad.
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:18 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:37 am

Paris at Midnight: Attempt to push France out of anti ISIL coalition in Syria?
By Juan Cole | Nov. 14, 2015 |

By Juan Cole | (Informed Comment) | – –
Paris was hit by at least two well-trained and -equipped terrorist cells in a coordinated attack on 6 or 7 soft targets on Friday night. The attack that took the most lives, over 120 according to a high French official, was the assault on the audience for a musical performance by the Eagles of Death Metal (not actually a death metal band) at the Bataclan concert hall. Four assailants shot down audience members with machine guns, then when police went in after midnight, three detonated their suicide bomb belts. A fourth was shot dead, but then when he fell, his bomb went off anyway. But the cowards also shot up a Cambodian restaurant, set off bombs outside a soccer stadium and committed carnage elsewhere.
Regular readers know that I grew up in part in France; I had a fellowship at the Nouvelle Sorbonne a couple of years ago in Paris, a city I absolutely adore, and this news hit me viscerally. I can only express my support and profound solidarity with the brave Parisians.

A radio and television professional who was at the Bataclan and survived reported “I clearly heard them say to the hostages, ‘It is [President Francois] Hollande’s fault, it is the fault of your president, he should not have intervened in Syria.’ They also spoke of Iraq.”
If this report is accurate, then the attackers were likely members of, or sympathizers with Daesh (ISIS, ISIL), which holds territory in Syria and Iraq, and against which France began flying missions in September. Another possible culprit is core al-Qaeda or one of its affiliates, such as the Support Front (al-Jabha al-Nusra) in Syria. The Support Front does not, however, have territory in Iraq, and France has not specifically targeted it in the west of Syria, as opposed to hitting ISIL in the east.
When I was in France in mid-October, I was told by a former diplomat that President Hollande had decided to begin flying missions against ISIL in Raqqa, Syria, last September because French intelligence had learned that ISIL was planning to hit France. It is estimated that there are some 3,000 radical French Muslims fighting in ISIL (though remember that this number is proportionally tiny, since there are on the order of 3 million French Muslims, some 5% of the population– and the majority of them is not religious).
This operation may, then, have been planned even before France was militarily involved in the campaign against ISIL in Syria, and the terrorists’ assertion that it was revenge for that intervention of the past two months has things backward.
The French air force has been inflicting substantial damage on ISIL in Raqqa and its hinterlands. On Tuesday, AFP reported that France launched a fourth wave of airstrikes on Daesh targets in Syria, targeting the oil infrastructure that is a source of much of ISIL’s budget.
But AFP says, “The two previous waves targeted training camps for foreign jihadists who were suspected of preparing attacks in France. Hollande said on Thursday last week operations would be expanded to include “all those sites from which terrorists could threaten our territory”. The president also said France would deploy its nuclear-powered aircraft carrier — the flagship of the French navy — to boost operations against IS in Syria and Iraq.”
So France tried to forestall an attack on French soil by ISIL from last September by disrupting its training camps and hoping to disrupt the planning and logistics. But if the plot were more advanced than French intelligence knew, and ISIL operatives were already in France and gathering up the arms, bombs and ammunition they needed for a terrorist strike, then bombing training camps in Syria would only have stiffened the terrorists’ resolve.
I underline that we don’t know who exactly ordered and carried out Friday’s attack. But the circumstantial evidence is that it was the work of, at the least, sympathizers with Daesh.
Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian had told AFP Tuesday that the French military had intensified its bombing campaign against ISIL oil infrastructure. Le Drian said, “We struck again twice last night in the Deir Ezzor region, firstly on an oil distribution station and secondly on a gas separation plant.”
President Hollande closed French land borders, declared a state of emergency, and deployed 1500 troops in the streets of Paris. Schools and universities will be closed on Saturday, and all school field trips have been canceled. The Schengen rules allow member countries, who had removed visa requirements for each other, to reimpose border controls across the board in an emergency.
Some fear that these strikes will spell the end of Schengen open borders and will negatively affect the refugees that have come to Europe in the thousands recently.

The terrorists may have been attempting to replicate the 2004 Madrid train bombings, which also aimed at soft targets, and which convinced Spain to withdraw its troops from Iraq.
Likely, however, the perpetrators have stiffened the resolve of the French government to intervene even more robustly against Daesh. In 2013, [pdf] France sent in an expeditionary force to Mali, and stabilized that country. France also intervened in the Ivory Coast. Will it send in an expeditionary force, say a brigade of 3,000 men, to Eastern Syria?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby smiths » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:00 am

it is sad to have to repeatedly witness spectacles of mass murder and to have no clear idea of what the conflict even is

the timing could mean something, or nothing

the perpetrators could have been trained and coordinated by x, or y

there really are no good reference points, no sides, no boundaries, no morals

everyone here suffers from the same confirmation bias as everyone there

maybe chaos, hatred and intolerance will benefit, maybe they wont

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/n ... nd-killing

Paris attack witness: 'he was dressed in black, professional, shooting and killing'

We were about 20 metres away from the cafe when we heard a firecracker and I looked around and I could see a man, maybe 185cm tall, and the position made it clear he was shooting.
Analysis Paris attacks: what we know so far
Gun attacks and suicide bombings across city that killed more than 120 people described by French president as ‘act of war’
Read more

He was standing in a shooting position. He had his right leg forward and he was standing with his left leg back. He was holding up to his left shoulder a long automatic machine gun – I saw it had a magazine beneath it.

Everything he was wearing was tight, either boots or shoes and the trousers were tight, the jumper he was wearing was tight, no zippers or collars. Everything was toned black.

If you think of what a combat soldier looks like, that is it – just without the webbing. Just a man in military uniform, black jumper, black trousers, black shoes or boots and a machine gun. Maybe a woolly hat.

He was left handed and shooting in bursts of three or four shots. It was fully intentional, professional bursts of three or four shots.

He killed three or four individuals who were sitting in the chairs in front of the cafe. We saw them get shot down. They fell off their chairs onto the ground.

He then swivelled and shot through a car drivers’ window.

We then saw him walk into the cafe. He swivelled right and then swivelled left and opened fire. That is when we dived for cover.

We heard a total of maybe 15 or 20 shots, then everything went quiet.

We went back after the shooting had stopped and all three people at the front were still lying there.

The police asked if we had heard an escape vehicle or motorcycle. We had sought cover in a road which would have been a very good escape route for him. We were between some cars but saw nothing.

We were taken to the police station to give a witness statement. The gunman we saw has not been apprehended. They confirmed that on the way out.
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:15 am

One thing I've noticed so far is that the media newz type human peoplez keep using the term Kalashnikov instead of the much more widely understood AK-47.

Probably has nothing to do with subtly connecting this with Russia in the minds of the great unwashed.

Nah, probably not.

Are we Gog or Magog? I keep forgetting.

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:22 am

hey there Bruce

Think bigger! I can't help of think of that horrific quote from George W. Bush, who in a phone conversation to French President Jacques Chirac stated "Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East." Who in their right mind would equate themselves with demons of revelation?! I've seen the threads pop up about, well, the end of times, the end of this age and I don't think our fingers are too far off the pulse. Frankly though, the phrase I found most valuable from "The Stargate Conspiracy" was something like, "What if there is no end time and things just slowly continued on the course of entropy. Life slowly eroding from the Earth." Now there's a worse case scenario!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38281&p=552642&hilit=Magog#p552642

psynapz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 pm wrote:Why are we so fascinated with Poppy Magog's trendy 90's high-end home theater remote control? Other than that there's no convincing me that he himself didn't choose the entire goddamn system based solely on the design of that remote.

Although this was before online product reviews, so he probably heard about it from friends...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32016&p=418545&hilit=Magog#p418545

Nordic » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:14 am wrote:http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php/site/comments/the_burning_bush_eorge_w._bush_told_french_president_jacques_chirac_in/

Apparently this is new to American audiences.

Incredibly, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Honest. This isn’t a joke. The president of the United States, in a top-secret phone call to a major European ally, asked for French troops to join American soldiers in attacking Iraq as a mission from God.

Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their “common faith” (Christianity) and told him: “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.”

This bizarre episode occurred while the White House was assembling its “coalition of the willing” to unleash the Iraq invasion. Chirac says he was boggled by Bush’s call and “wondered how someone could be so superficial and fanatical in their beliefs.”

After the 2003 call, the puzzled French leader didn’t comply with Bush’s request. Instead, his staff asked Thomas Romer, a theologian at the University of Lausanne, to analyze the weird appeal. Dr. Romer explained that the Old Testament book of Ezekiel contains two chapters (38 and 39) in which God rages against Gog and Magog, sinister and mysterious forces menacing Israel. Jehovah vows to smite them savagely, to “turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws,” and slaughter them ruthlessly. In the New Testament, the mystical book of Revelation envisions Gog and Magog gathering nations for battle, “and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”

In 2007, Dr. Romer recounted Bush’s strange behavior in Lausanne University’s review, Allez Savoir. A French-language Swiss newspaper, Le Matin Dimanche, printed a sarcastic account titled: “When President George W. Bush Saw the Prophesies of the Bible Coming to Pass.” France’s La Liberte likewise spoofed it under the headline “A Small Scoop on Bush, Chirac, God, Gog and Magog.” But other news media missed the amazing report.

Subsequently, ex-President Chirac confirmed the nutty event in a long interview with French journalist Jean-Claude Maurice, who tells the tale in his new book, Si Vous le Répétez, Je Démentirai (If You Repeat it, I Will Deny), released in March by the publisher Plon.

Oddly, mainstream media are ignoring this alarming revelation that Bush may have been half-cracked when he started his Iraq war. My own paper, The Charleston Gazette in West Virginia, is the only U.S. newspaper to report it so far. Canada’s Toronto Star recounted the story, calling it a “stranger-than-fiction disclosure … which suggests that apocalyptic fervor may have held sway within the walls of the White House.” Fortunately, online commentary sites are spreading the news, filling the press void.

The French revelation jibes with other known aspects of Bush’s renowned evangelical certitude. For example, a few months after his phone call to Chirac, Bush attended a 2003 summit in Egypt. The Palestinian foreign minister later said the American president told him he was “on a mission from God” to defeat Iraq. At that time, the White House called this claim “absurd.”

Recently, GQ magazine revealed that former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld attached warlike Bible verses and Iraq battle photos to war reports he hand-delivered to Bush. One declared: “Put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground.”

Okay. Not sure I buy this.

But if it's true, and it very well could be, it makes a certain sense. In that Bush was a guy who just had to be played so he'd sign off on this stuff. So they played him in a way that they knew would work (assuming he actually is a "religious" reformed drunk) and could appeal to his terror of the Apocalypse and his position -- "I'm the only guy who can stop this!" and probably kept him plied with god-only-knows what kinds of drugs in order to keep him in this AGOG state.

If it's a lie, well, it's just passing the buck, and saying "the guy was such a nutjob we really don't know why he invaded Iraq! Oh well! What's done is done!"

posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=318791

World War Three: The Players
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby divideandconquer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:02 am

"What if there is no end time and things just slowly continued on the course of entropy. Life slowly eroding from the Earth."

Except, in my humble opinion, if you look beneath the surface of all of these ongoing horrific events, you will find a vast intelligence-industrial-political complex operating an ongoing 'strategy of tension', a systematic destabilization that incorporates structural deep events in order to revise reality to their liking .

I don't think the camouflaged exercise of imperial power through proxies abroad is even debated by people in the mainstream, so I'm not sure how people can't see that these terrible events are orchestrated by the same imperial powers.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Lord Balto » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 am

Good coverage and analysis on New Delhi TV: http://www.ndtv.com/video/live/channel/ndtv24x7

By the way, NDTV is calling the musical group "heavy metal." Do these folks not know how to access YouToob?
Lord Balto

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion