semantic priming - Google Search
101. priming: Definition from Answers.com
"Semantic priming can be observed when the prime–target interval is very brief ( e.g. 250 ... Semantic priming has been used extensively as a means of drawing ..."www.answers.com/topic/priming
102. Is semantic priming due to association strength or feature overlap ...
"semantic priming is insensitive to the effects of SOA or. RP, (4) pure semantic priming effects ... either pure associative or pure semantic priming. It is ..."www.montana.edu/wwwpy/Hutchison/Hutchis ... 202003.pdf
103. Spacing effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"This suggests that semantic priming underlies the spacing effect in cued-memory tasks. When items are presented in a massed fashion, the first occurrence of ..."
104. Amazon.com: Semantic Priming eBook: TIMOTHY P.McNAMARA: Kindle Store
"Start reading Semantic Priming on your Kindle in under a minute. ... 'Semantic priming is an important phenomenon of cognition and has engendered a huge ..."www.amazon.com/Semantic-Priming-ebook/dp/B000OI13QS
105. Semantic Priming in a Single-Word Shadowing Task
"cessing lexical representations was examined in two semantic priming ex- .... semantic priming should be observed in this task. That is, RT should ..."www.jstor.org/stable/1423039
106. Effects of Semantic Priming on Visual Encoding of Pictures
"the effect of priming with a semantically related item should .... semantic priming effects in episodic and semantic memory. Journal of Memory and Language, ..."
107. Sex Differences in Two Event-Related Potentials Components Related ...
"tic priming paradigm. Semantic priming refers to a faster and more efficient processing of a ... differences in semantic priming without a dominant word ..."
108. Semantic priming effects in normal versus poor readers. - The ...
"Semantic priming effects in normal versus poor readers. - ONE OF THE BEST DOCUMENTED findings in reading research is that poor : Encyclopedia.com."www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-115635415.html
109. Automatic and Controlled Semantic Priming: Accuracy, Response Bias ...
"argue for the robustness of semantic priming during aging. Third, because accuracy as ..... Semantic priming of lexical decisions in young and old adults. ..."
110. Semantic Priming
"Influence of Semantic Priming on Reaction Time Measures in Typically Developing ... Semantic priming has been established as a method to measure lexical ..."
111. Predictive constraints on sentence processing: Argument structure ...
"Predictive constraints on sentence processing: Argument structure and semantic priming. Anuenue Kukona (University of Connecticut, Haskins Laboratories), ..."
112. Interfacing Relational Frame Theory with Cognitive Neuroscience ...
"employed a semantic priming procedure (i.e., a lexical decision task) to examine the .... have demonstrated semantic priming in the absence of differential ..."www.ijpsy.com/volumen4/num2/82/interfac ... ith-EN.pdf
113. The locus of semantic priming effects in person recognition ...
"McNeill, A and Burton, AM (2002) The locus of semantic priming effects in person recognition. Quarterly Journal Of Experimental Psychology ..."
114. Science Links Japan | Hemispheric Dominance of Semantic Priming ...
"In Experiment 3, lexical decision was required for a target word following a primed picture. Results revealed a clear semantic priming effect in the left ..."
115. Can semantic knowledge organization be revealed through automatic ...
"Abstract: Many researchers have assumed that testing for semantic priming in a lexical decision task assesses whether aphasic patients have preserved ..."
116. Semantic priming of lexical and conceptual representations ...
"Abstract: Researchers often assume that automatic semantic priming effects found in lexical decision tasks are due to spreading activation at a conceptual ..."
117. Emotional and Semantic Priming as a Measure of Information ...
"We investigated semantic and emotional priming of lexical decision-making in 20 ... Both samples showed semantic priming; emotional priming was shown by ..."
118. The Effects of Semantic Priming and Word Repetition on Event ...
"cilitation due to semantic priming was statistically significant only when the prime and .... nificant semantic priming effect of 30 ms. and a repetition ..."
119. Article: Homophonic and semantic priming of Japanese kanji words ...
"Homophonic and semantic priming of Japanese kanji words: A time course study ... find Psychonomic Bulletin & Review articles. In an examination of the time ..."www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1276139541.html
120. Mechanisms of masked semantic priming: A meta-analysis
"magnitude of subliminal semantic priming across the literature and shed light on whether ... influence of potential moderators on semantic priming effects. ..."
121. Genetics of Event-Related Brain Potentials in Response to a ...
"Abnormalities of N4 amplitude in semantic priming tasks have also been observed in individuals with schizophrenia (Grillon et al. 1991; Adams et al. ..."
122. CiteULike: SOA-dependent N400 and P300 semantic priming effects ...
"Holger Hill, Friederike Ott, Matthias Weisbrod. International Journal of Psychophysiology, Vol. 56, No. 3. (June 2005), pp. 209-221. In a previous semantic ..."www.citeulike.org/user/UWerplab/article/277023
123. Publications. Sue Becker.
"Language, semantic memory, semantic priming and numerosity. Dopamine, psychosis and schizophrenia. Auditory processing, music, tinnitus, hearing aids ..."www.science.mcmaster.ca/Psychology/beck ... tions.html
124. THE LONG AND SHORT OF SEMANTIC PRIMING EFFECTS IN LEXICAL DECISION ...
"Semantic priming appears to reflect different mechanisms than those underlying other forms of priming because, unlike other forms of priming, ..."www.science.mcmaster.ca/Psychology/beck ... B.abs.html
125. BiomedExperts: Repetition and semantic priming of nonwords ...
"'Repetition and semantic priming of nonwords: implications for theories of N400 and word recognition.' on BiomedExperts. Find the right expert or researcher ..."www.biomedexperts.com/Abstract.bme/1469 ... ecognition
126. An Investigation of Time Course of Category and Semantic Priming
"The author asked whether the category- and semantic-priming effects are based on a common memory process. She examined this question by testing the time ..."
127. Semantic priming effect during REM-sleep inertia in patients with ...
"This study attempts to ascertain whether the activation of semantic memory during REM-sleep, as measured using a technique of semantic priming (namely, ..."www.websciences.org/cftemplate/NAPS/arc ... D=20064275
128. File:Priming-Semantic-Centrum.png - Wikimedia Commons
"No higher resolution available. Priming-Semantic-Centrum.png (629 × 434 pixels, file size: 46 KB, MIME type: image/png). semantic priming ..."
129. Integrative priming occurs rapidly and uncontrollably during ...
"Automatic semantic priming: The contribution of lexical- and semantic-level processes. .... Semantic priming and retrieval from lexical memory: Roles of ..."
130. Acute and Chronic Effects of Ketamine on Semantic Priming: M ...
"Acute administration of the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor antagonist ketamine induces schizophrenia-like symptoms in healthy volunteers; furthermore, ..."
131. ERP and RT measurements of semantic priming in bilingual word ...
"NICI logo. Reference. De Bruijn, E.R.A., Dijkstra, A.F.J., Chwilla, D.J., & Schriefers, H.J. (2000). ERP and RT measurements of semantic priming in ..."www.nici.kun.nl/Publications/2000/14787.html
132. The effect of asymmetrical association on positive and negative ...
"The critical new finding was that both attended positive and ignored negative semantic priming occurred only for prime-target pairs presented in the forward ..."
133. Signal detection theory analyses of semantic priming in word ...
"Signal detection theory analyses of semantic priming in word recognition. Author (s): R. Pastore. E. Crawley. M. Skelly ..."www.casl.umd.edu/node/1001
134. An Event-Related Brain Potential Study of Direct and Indirect ...
"An Event-Related Brain Potential Study of Direct and Indirect Semantic Priming in Schizophrenia. Michael Kiang, M.D., M.S., Marta Kutas, Ph.D., ..."
135. Semantic priming in schizophrenia: systematic review and meta-analysis
"2 Funnel plot of effect sizes for semantic priming in studies of schizophrenia and studies of patients with thought disorder ..."
136. Semantic and Associative Priming in High-Dimensional Semantic ...
"semantic similarity plays a larger role in priming than what they would suggest. ... presence of the semantic priming effect is one of the most ..."
137. Lateralized semantic priming: modulation by levodopa, semantic ...
"Abstract: We tested levodopa effects on lateralized direct and indirect semantic priming in 40 healthy right-handed men in a placebo-controlled, ..."www.dovepress.com/lateralized-semantic- ... rticle-NDT
138. Comparison Between Phonological Priming and Semantic Priming in ...
"Abstract: The purpose of this study was comparing the phonological and semantic priming on the short verbal memory span. The research was conducted on sixty ..."www.ansijournals.com/abstract.php?doi=j ... .3764.3769
139. Effects of Divided Attention on Identity and Semantic Priming.
"According to some models of lexical access visual information can directly activate semantic memory. Priming can be obtained from stimuli that are either ..."
140. Access : Imaging unconscious semantic priming : Nature
"Imaging unconscious semantic priming. Visual words that are masked and presented so briefly that they cannot be seen may nevertheless facilitate the ..."www.nature.com/nature/journal/v395/n670 ... 597a0.html
141. Does hyperpriming reveal impaired semantic memory in schizophrenia
"Enhancement of semantic priming effects (hyperpriming) has been well documented in schizophrenic patients (Minzenberg et al. 2002). In a previous study, ..."www.hal.inserm.fr/docs/00/37/94/65/DOC/ ... l_2007.doc
142. An Event-Related fMRI Investigation of Implicit Semantic Priming
"The neural basis underlying implicit semantic priming was investigated using event-related fMRI. Prime-target pairs were presented auditorily for lexical ..."
143. A Distributed Memory Model of the Associative Boost in Semantic ...
"that while semantic priming may result from overlapping patterns of ... Over the last 20 years or so the semantic priming paradigm has proved to be an ..."
144. Visual Context Driven Semantic Priming of Speech Recognition and ...
"D. K. Roy & N. Mukherjee: Visual Context Driven Semantic Priming .... goal is to introduce a form of visually-driven semantic priming into the statistical ..."www.media.mit.edu/cogmac/publications/fuse03a.pdf
145. When are morphemic and semantic priming observed in visual word ...
"When are morphemic and semantic priming observed in visual word recognition? from Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology provided by Find Articles at ..."
146. effects of word association and meaning frequency in a cross-modal ...
"This effect has come to be referred to as "semantic priming" and, as Neely (1991 ) has documented, the basic semantic priming paradigm has proven to be quite ..."
147. They know the words, but not the music: affective and semantic ...
"In this study, we examined affective priming and semantic priming (dependent ... In contrast, the two groups showed comparable levels of semantic priming. ..."
148. On measuring multiple lexical activation using the cross-modal ...
"Cross-modal semantic priming with partial auditory primes seems a good ... several studies that employed the cross-modal semantic priming paradigm. ..."
149. Evidence of semantic disorganisation using semantic priming in ...
"Semantic processing deficits are present in schizophrenia and are particularly evident on semantic priming tasks. Using high ..."www.srossell.com/Publications/26%20morg ... 202006.pdf
150. Event-related Brain Potentials Elicited by Morphological ...
"also semantic priming. In Experiment 3, pairs of syno- ..... reduced to a semantic priming effect? Notice that, unlike orthographic and stem homographic ..."www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.116 ... 4323057326
151. Processing Phonological and Semantic Ambiguity: Evidence From ...
"semantic priming. Ambiguous primes were followed by unambiguous targets at 100 ms, 250 ms, ... multiple meanings is semantic priming. It has been reported ..."
152. Acta Psychologica Sinica, Vol. 30 No. 4 , Pages 423 -430
"Dissociation and Localization of Perceptual and Semantic Priming in an Amnesic Patient with Right Basal Ganglia Impaired (Article written in chinese) ..."www.fed.cuhk.edu.hk/en/aps/199800300004/0423.htm
153. EconPapers: Of Frog Wines and Frowning Watches: Semantic Priming ...
"By Aparna A. Labroo, Ravi Dhar and Norbert Schwarz; Abstract: Three experiments show that semantic primes can enhance perceptual fluency, ..."
154. Long-Term Semantic Priming: A Computational Account and Empirical ...
"Semantic priming is traditionally viewed as an effect that rapidly decays. ... semantic priming effect for semantic decisions with only one prime per target ..."www.cnbc.cmu.edu/~behrmann/dlpapers/Bec ... l_1997.pdf
155. Why all the confusion? Experimental task explains discrepant ...
"Experimental task explains discrepant semantic priming effects in schizophrenia under “automatic” conditions: Evidence from Event-Related Potentials ..."www.radiologysource.org/periodicals/med ... 20-9964(09
156. Connectivity among semantic associates: An fMRI study of semantic ...
"Semantic priming refers to a reduction in the reaction time to identify or make a ... A semantic priming lexical decision task using spoken words was ..."
157. MAPS - Volume 7 Number 1 Winter 1996-97 - Psilocybin's effects on ...
"This effect is known as semantic priming. In normal subjects, semantic priming occurs only with closely related words. However, indirectly related words ..."www.maps.org/news-letters/v07n1/07110bag.html
158. DUO: Investigating early semantic priming
"The present event-related potential study aims to establish whether the language -related N400 component can be employed as an index of semantic priming in ..."www.duo.uio.no/sok/work.html?WORKID=60037
159. CiteSeerX — On Measuring Multiple Lexical Activation Using the ...
"Cross-modal semantic priming with partial auditory primes seems a good technique to assess spoken-word recognition, because it allows tracing the activation ..."
160. Semantic priming modulates the N400, N300, and N400RP
"European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation, Volume 118, Issue 5, Pages 1053-1068, May 2007, Authors:Michael S. Franklin; Joseph Dien; ..."www.escardiocontent.org/periodicals/ejc ... 88-2457(07
161. Analogical priming via semantic relations
"extensive research on semantic priming since Quillian's proposal, little work has examined .... ing only direct semantic or associative priming of object ..."
162. Is semantic priming due to association strength or feature overlap ...
"demonstrations of semantic priming are equally compat- ible with a distributed representation ... ficulty is that participants in semantic priming studies ..."www.psy.ucsd.edu/~dhuber/associative_priming_review.pdf
163. Combined treatment of semantic priming and semantic feature - HKU ...
"Title, Combined treatment of semantic priming and semantic feature analysis for anomia with semantic impairment. Authors, Wong, Shuk-mei, Elva ..."
164. Sean Draine & Anthony G. Greenwald, Replicable unconscious ...
"We analyze some of the recent evidence for unconscious semantic access stemming from tasks that, although based on a priming procedure, ..."
165. Cross-modal semantic and homograph priming in healthy young ...
"modal semantic priming effects may be amodal in that they are produced by the activation of ... modal semantic priming with single words has not been in- ..."www.psych.wustl.edu/coglab/publications ... NS1999.pdf
166. Lateralized Priming in a Levels of Processing Task
"It is known that semantic priming can facilitate processing of semantic ... processing condition, it was hypothesized that semantic priming would further ..."
167. Arch Gen Psychiatry -- Abstract: N400 and Automatic Semantic ...
"Semantic priming refers to facilitated semantic processing gained through preexposure to semantic context, which can happen automatically or strategically . ..."
168. Semantic Priming - Timothy P. McNamara, Taylor & Francis Ltd ...
"Examines empirical and theoretical advancements in the understanding of semantic priming, providing an in-depth review of this phenomenon, framed in terms ..."www.deastore.com/book/semantic-priming- ... 90797.html
169. Short- and Long-Term Campaign Effects on News Stories' Semantic ...
"Semantic network diversity increased. Evidence favored semantic priming over framing effects. This indicates that the public relations campaign did not ..."www.allacademic.com/meta/p228851_index.html
170. A neurocognitive theory of attentional control over the spread of ...
"The standard explanation of semantic priming involving automatic ... a single controlled-processing framework can account for semantic priming or whether an ..."www.tech.plym.ac.uk/socce/ncpw9/Davelaar.pdf
171. PsycNET - Option to Buy
"The authors investigated affective semantic priming using a lexical decision task with 4 affective categories of related word pairs: neutral, happy, ..."
172. Microsoft PowerPoint - 2005Lisbon
"Semantic priming Late Positive Component (LPC) effect .... ML1: explicit semantic priming possible & parietocentral LPC effect + N400 effect ..."
173. Validity of Eye Movement Methods and Indices for Capturing ...
"Lupker (1984) found pure nonassociative semantic priming, which represents the ...... Auditory and visual semantic priming using different stimulus onset ..."
174. A Comparative Review of Priming Effects in Language and Music
"The present paper reviews a set of semantic and harmonic priming ... Semantic priming effects have been extended to longer contexts such as sentences ..."
175. word recognition
"It has been found that a priming word can accelerate a response (the semantic priming effect), e.g. showing the word "bread" before the word "butter" will ..."www.epistemics.co.uk/staff/nmilton/pape ... nition.htm
176. gmc's favorite semantic priming websites - StumbleUpon
"Word Recognition, Phonological Coding, and Semantic Priming. Rated Mar 12 2006 • 0 reviews • semantics, semantic priming • umich.edu ..."www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/gmc/tag/semantic-priming/
177. A distributional model of semantic context effects in lexical ...
"Semantic priming in the pronunciation task: The role of ... Semantic priming effects in visual word recognition: a selective review of ..."
178. Memory Arena: Essays in Cognitive Psychology
"Semantic priming has been a focus of research in the cognitive sciences for more than thirty years and is commonly used as a tool for investigating other ..."www.memoryarena.com/series-titles/?id=7 ... Psychology
179. Separable Effects of Semantic Priming and Imageability on Word ...
"fMRI in a semantic priming study. Pairs of words were presented that .... semantic priming effect is used as a measure of sensitivity to ..."
180. Event-Related Brain Potentials Reflect Semantic Priming in an ...
"course to those seen for the N400 component in semantic priming lexical .... Potter, 1984) in a paradigm similar to the original semantic priming ..."
181. Homophonic and semantic priming of Japanese kanji words: A time ...
"Homophonic and semantic priming of Japanese kanji words: A time course study. HSIN-CHIN CHEN and; TAKASHI YAMAUCHI. Texas A&M University, ..."
182. The Role of Short-Term Memory in Semantic Priming
"memory systems assumed to be involved in semantic priming, in particular the role of STM. Additionally, the experiment will determine if the nonword inhibi- ..."
183. Reading Words in Discourse: The Modulation of Lexical Priming ...
"Repetition and semantic-associative priming effects have been demonstrated for words in nonstructured contexts (i.e., word pairs or lists of words) in ..."
184. Markus Kiefer, Ph.D. - University of Ulm
"What are the electrophysiological correlates of automatic vs. controlled access to semantic memory? In order to study automatic semantic priming in ..."www.uni-ulm.de/~mkiefer/
185. ADOLEC-Acute and chronic effects of ketamine on semantic priming ...
"Semantic processing was examined using a semantic priming paradigm. In experiment 1, acute effects of low (75 ng/mL) and high (150 ng/mL) ketamine doses ..."
186. PPT - ASHA
"Which spontaneous eye movement dependent measures capture semantic associative priming effects, the most well established of all priming effects (Neely, ..."www.eshow2000.com/asha/2006/handouts/85 ... 044854.ppt
187. Semantic and repetition priming within the attentional blink: An ...
"An attentional blink (AB) paradigm was used to directly compare semantic and repetition priming for reported words versus missed words. ..."
188. Semantic and associative priming in picture naming
"semantic priming conditions. In their Experiments 2 and 3, ..... this criterion referred to semantic priming in the lexical decision task but, ..."
189. British Library Direct: Derived stimulus relations, semantic ...
"Derived stimulus relations, semantic priming, and event-related potentials: Testing a behavioral theory of semantic networks ..."
190. Lexical Semantic and Associative Priming in Alzheimer's Disease
"semantic relationships. They showed no priming between words designating coordinate .... two semantic priming conditions for associative strength between ..."www.med.upenn.edu/grossmanlab/documents/adpriming.pdf
191. Semantic priming is the facilitation of the response to a
"differential semantic priming effects. The strongest effect is observed when the target word is ... of the indirect semantic priming in the L-Dopa treatment ..."
192. Pictures and Words: Priming and Category Effects in Object Processing
"This study investigated the influence of semantic priming on object processing as a function of both presentation modality and object category in a reality ..."
193. Why all the confusion? Experimental task explains discrepant ...
"function in schizophrenia as assessed through the semantic priming paradigm. ... semantic priming at a neural level in schizophrenia patients, ..."www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/kuperberglab/pu ... es1999.pdf
194. Brain potentials reveal semantic priming in both the 'active' and ...
"electrodes where P1 and N1 were maximal), for positive semantic priming of English (E+) and Welsh (W+) target words and unrelated priming of English (E−) ..."
195. Attention Constraints of Semantic Activation During Visual Word ...
"The reduction of semantic priming following letter search of the prime suggests that semantic activation can be blocked if attention is allocated to the ..."
196. BILINGUAL WORD-RECOGNITION: ORGANIZATION AND RETRIEVAL OF ...
"semantic-association effect on reaction time was just as ... retrieve information from lexical memory, analyze semantic relations, apply syntactic rules, ..."www.umich.edu/~bcalab/documents/MeyerRuddy1974.pdf
197. Radboud Repository: Semantic priming in Broca's aphasics at a ...
"Title: Semantic priming in Broca's aphasics at a short SOA: no support for an automatic access deficit. Author(s): Hagoort, P. (069190372) ..."
198. Selectional Restriction and Semantic Priming Effects in Normals ...
"These studies investigated whether semantic priming between words embedded in ... However, the semantic priming effect was eliminated in the gender mismatch ..."www.cog.brown.edu/~emyers/Selectional_R ... ns_JNL.pdf
199. DSpace@WUSM : Item 1838/485
"Title: The effects of phonological and semantic priming in speech production. Author: Shields, Lynne Whitmel. Issue Date: 1992 ..."
200. Beyond Spreading Activation: An Influence of Relatedness ...
"Semantic priming in the lexical decision task has been shown to increase when the ... primed filler trials. Semantic priming was consistently enhanced ..."