Jumping the Rubicon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jumping the Rubicon

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:23 pm

... or Nuking It ... or Hijacking It ...

RUBICON the tv series from AMC:

Watch the entire pilot episode online before it premieres August 1st.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/Rubicon/

EDIT: So far it really reminds me of Three Days of the Condor (1975). Oh, and there is a character named Miles. Seems like that name has become increasingly popular in television series.

AMC's NEWEST ORIGINAL SERIES: RUBICON

AMC production on Rubicon, its newest original drama series, began on Monday, March 29 in New York City. The show is a conspiracy thriller starring James Badge Dale (who earlier this year headlined HBO’s The Pacific) as an analyst at a New York City-based federal intelligence agency who is thrown into a story where nothing is as it appears to be. Henry Bromell (Homicide, Chicago Hope, Brotherhood) has signed on as showrunner. The one-hour, 13-episode weekly series is produced by Warner Horizon Television and premieres this summer. (Click here to watch a sneak preview of Rubicon.)

"Rubicon is an incredible story about trust and power born out of the desire to find a way to capture the intensity and mystery of the best conspiracy thrillers in a series. It is a show that appeals to everyone who has some skepticism about the relationship between big business and our government, which we think is pretty much everybody,” said Joel Stillerman, SVP of original programming, production and digital content for AMC. “Our stellar cast and creative team allow us to continue to present premium television on basic cable."

The series cast includes James Badge Dale (The Pacific, The Departed), Oscar®-nominated actress Miranda Richardson (Sleepy Hollow), Dallas Roberts (Walk the Line, Flicka, The L Word), Jessica Collins (The Nine, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), Christopher Evan Welch (Vicky Cristina Barcelona), Lauren Hodges (Law & Order), and Arliss Howard (Full Metal Jacket, Natural Born Killers, The Sandlot).

AMC’s Stillerman along with Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jeremy Elice, vice president of original programming, will oversee the development and production of the new drama.

Rubicon’s pilot was produced in New York City and was directed by acclaimed film and television helmer Allen Coulter (The Sopranos, Hollywoodland, Damages, Nurse Jackie) and Kerry Orent (Michael Clayton, Rescue Me) is the producer.

Greenlit to a full series order in June 2009, Rubicon marks AMC’s third original series. In summer 2007, AMC debuted its first original drama Mad Men, which went on to receive unprecedented critical acclaim and garner history-making awards recognition, including back-to-back Emmy and the only series to ever win the Golden Globe, three times in a row, for best drama series on television. The series returns for a fourth season this summer. In January 2008, AMC premiered its second original series, Breaking Bad, which landed on countless critics' top ten lists and also won back-to-back Emmy Awards for outstanding lead actor for Bryan Cranston’s portrayal of lead character Walter White. The series returned for its third season on March 21.

About AMC
AMC reigns as the only network to ever win the Golden Globe® Award for Best Television Series - Drama three years in a row and the only basic cable network to win back-to-back Primetime Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Drama Series. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade from the most comprehensive library or creating acclaimed original productions, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC's original stories include the Emmy® Award-winning dramas Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and insightful non-scripted programming such as AMC News. AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with curated movie franchises like AMC Hollywood Icon and AMC Complete Collection. Available in more than 95 million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC is a subsidiary of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, which includes sister networks IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and Wedding Central. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters HereSM.

About Warner Horizon Television
Warner Horizon Television (WHTV) is one of the entertainment industry’s fastest-growing television companies, specializing in the creation of scripted series for the cable marketplace, and primetime reality series for both network and cable. Founded in 2006, this second production entity allows the Warner Bros. Television Group to expand its programming offerings and explore creative options made possible under a new business model. WHTV is producing more than a dozen series for broadcast and cable networks in 2009–2010.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/Rubicon/about

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Jumping the Rubicon

Postby Nordic » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Why they didn't hire me to help them with this is beyond me.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby norton ash » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I KNOW, Nordic. When the going gets weird, the weird sell shows.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MinM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:33 pm

elfismiles wrote:EDIT: So far it really reminds me of Three Days of the Condor (1975)...

That was my first impression as well. From the type of work they do, to the office setting, they are very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZf7vifXmY
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 pm

More 9/11 truth counterpropaganda, hijacking Mike Ruppert's best-selling 2004 book, 'Crossing the Rubicon.'

Casting for the actor's name is s.o.p., part of the semantic priming reinforcement-

"The series cast includes
James Badge Dale (The Pacific, The Departed), Oscar®-nominated actress
Miranda Richardson (Sleepy Hollow),
Dallas Roberts..."

Ruppert, along with other folks, of course, also predicted the economic crash. And that serves to give his other exposes credibility.

Today the CIA-NYTimes is touting someone else's book (by rigging the "most emailed" list) about economic crashes and using the headline to displace the 800 year-old legal right called habeus corpus since July 4th evokes fond memories of the Bill of Rights.

To make sure we don't miss the psyops decoy message upstaging the likes of Mike Ruppert, there are two photos barely separated by a few lines of text with the same caption repeated twice reminding us that:
"They started their book around 2003, years before the economy began to crumble. "

It is s.o.p. for spooks to double up their triggers to strengthen the desired associations.
Besides displacing Ruppert and habeas corpus, the spooks would rather we think of these nice people in their nice photos as foreseeing the crash in a vague academic soft focus, not the Wall Street banksters who profited from it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/busin ... ef=general
They Did Their Homework (800 Years of It)

"Kenneth Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart at Ms. Reinhart’s Washington home.
They started their book around 2003, years before the economy began to crumble."

"Carmen Reinhart and Kenneth Rogoff at Ms. Reinhart’s Washington home.
They started their book around 2003, years before the economy began to crumble."

Hmm. Kenneth Rogoff looks just like Richard Gage of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.
Perhaps the reason for putting up photos of him for this article...

Another psyops use for that headline about '800 years' and 'crashes' is to create a competing association with the imminent anniversary of the crash of TWA flight 800 on July 17, 1996. Look out for more psyops around that cover-up.

Due to the internet and Kristina Borjesson's book on censorship called 'Into the Buzzsaw,' lots more people know about TWA800 being shot down with a missile and the ensuing cover-up complete with faked computer models...and this informs the thinkers on the realities of 9/11.

Just like Mike Ruppert.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Simulist » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:More 9/11 truth counterpropaganda, hijacking Mike Ruppert's best-selling 2004 book, 'Crossing the Rubicon.'

The empire has "crossed the Rubicon" so many times since Julius Caesar's day they should consider opening up a regular ferry route.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks Hugh. I was thinking of you when I watched this new show.

And, incidentally, I too thought that guy from the "They Did Their Homework (800 Years of It)" article looked like Richard Gage.
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Reading the thread about Obsolete Americans and the Poor Must Die ... led me to the Salon page where the Obsolete Americans article was from and I saw the RUBICON advert at the top.

STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!! :jumping:
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 pm

elfismiles wrote:Image

Reading the thread about Obsolete Americans and the Poor Must Die ... led me to the Salon page where the Obsolete Americans article was from and I saw the RUBICON advert at the top.

STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!! :jumping:

Cool! I'm placing my order to get cable installed now!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:More 9/11 truth counterpropaganda, hijacking Mike Ruppert's best-selling 2004 book, 'Crossing the Rubicon.'

Casting for the actor's name is s.o.p., part of the semantic priming reinforcement-

"The series cast includes
James Badge Dale (The Pacific, The Departed), Oscar®-nominated actress
Miranda Richardson (Sleepy Hollow),
Dallas Roberts..."

Ruppert, along with other folks, of course, also predicted the economic crash. And that serves to give his other exposes credibility.

Today the CIA-NYTimes is touting someone else's book (by rigging the "most emailed" list) about economic crashes and using the headline to displace the 800 year-old legal right called habeus corpus since July 4th evokes fond memories of the Bill of Rights.

To make sure we don't miss the psyops decoy message upstaging the likes of Mike Ruppert, there are two photos barely separated by a few lines of text with the same caption repeated twice reminding us that:
"They started their book around 2003, years before the economy began to crumble. "

It is s.o.p. for spooks to double up their triggers to strengthen the desired associations.
Besides displacing Ruppert and habeas corpus, the spooks would rather we think of these nice people in their nice photos as foreseeing the crash in a vague academic soft focus, not the Wall Street banksters who profited from it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/busin ... ef=general
They Did Their Homework (800 Years of It)

"Kenneth Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart at Ms. Reinhart’s Washington home.

"Carmen Reinhart and Kenneth Rogoff at Ms. Reinhart’s Washington home.

Hmm. Kenneth Rogoff looks just like Richard Gage of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.
Perhaps the reason for putting up photos of him for this article...

Another psyops use for that headline about '800 years' and 'crashes' is to create a competing association with the imminent anniversary of the crash of TWA flight 800 on July 17, 1996. Look out for more psyops around that cover-up.

Due to the internet and Kristina Borjesson's book on censorship called 'Into the Buzzsaw,' lots more people know about TWA800 being shot down with a missile and the ensuing cover-up complete with faked computer models...and this informs the thinkers on the realities of 9/11.

Just like Mike Ruppert.

Thats exactly what I thought of Hugh. (Cept the Gage bit...)

Kristina Borjesson is a mate of Julian Assange I think, FWIW.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby anothershamus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 am

Just watched it: I have to agree seems like the "...Condor".

Half way interesting.

What came to my mind was;

"The more you tell people that there really is a conspiracy, the more they won't believe there is one"
A.Shamus

Maybe it will make the RI Quotes Only thread.

I just watched "Three Days of the Condor" last week and that bit at the end really tells the story!
A nice plug for 'peak oil' and wikileaks.
)'(
anothershamus

Postby Nordic » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:04 pm

anothershamus wrote:Just watched it: I have to agree seems like the "...Condor".

Half way interesting.

What came to my mind was;

"The more you tell people that there really is a conspiracy, the more they won't believe there is one"
A.Shamus

Maybe it will make the RI Quotes Only thread.

I just watched "Three Days of the Condor" last week and that bit at the end really tells the story!
A nice plug for 'peak oil' and wikileaks.

That's fucking hilarious. I haven't seen that in a really long time, and I forgot how it ended. When they show "The New York Times" I was just thinking "what, are they kidding me, the NY Times is so in bed with the spooks" and then the very last thing Cliff Robertson said -- "how do you know they'll print it?" PERFECT.

I love that.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby MinM » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:12 pm

'Rubicon': Smart Spies Who Connect The Dots : NPR
The creators of this new TV series are upfront about being inspired by some of the greatest conspiracy thrillers of the 1970s: All the President's Men, Three Days of the Condor, and that underrated classic The Parallax View. But Rubicon isn't just a homage — it's a much needed update. In an era when we're all being watched, one way or another, the question "Who's watching the watchers?" becomes even more vital...

8bitagent wrote:Speaking of good conspiracy films, I *finally* just saw The Parralax View. Aside from a few cheesey fight scenes and not the best score, I think this and the original Manchurian Candidate are some of the best para-political films of all time...

Rigorous Intuition (v. 2.0): The things that don't add up
Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Well what do you think they're going to say?"
Alex Cox introduces The Parallax View

Read more: http://rigint.blogspot.com/2007/12/thin ... dd-up.html

:popcorn: BTW the trailer seems to use a little KWH action off the first name of the star of the movie... :offair:

The Parallax View - Trailer (37241)

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - The Box
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 pm

It's turning out to be an extremely boring show. I'll give it one more chance for the 3rd episode but it's really not a compelling or interesting chunk of spook-tainment.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 2012 Countdown » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I guess they are still in set-up phase of the story line.

Couple of items-
1. The protagonist was reading a book on 'string theory'. Don't know what it means, but was noticed. I didn't catch the name of the book that was passed on that contained a code/message. Not sure it is important either.

2. The mention of 9/`11 in the dialogue. I am trying to guess its significance, and where they are going to go with that if it is brought up or expounded upon. My guess from the camera shots and way it was presented is that it was an inside job, but that is speculation based on mere reaction to expression.

Oh-hum so far, not one to watch series type programs, so not sure if I'll stick around much more.
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
2012 Countdown

Next

Return to General Discussion