SNL+GONG SHOW+WAPO=CIA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

SNL+GONG SHOW+WAPO=CIA

Postby steve vegas » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:05 am

disclaimer: the following is for fun and frivolity on my part, just a few thoughts i had while staring into the void of my monitor while avoiding work.<br><br>ok, so i'm listening to al franken, he's making jokes about bob woodward's pronunciation of the word reporter, just prior to airing his (al's) pre-taped interview of the infamous and "connected" bob.<br><br>and i'm thinking, man, al is really in the club wisecracking about the way bob talks... <br><br>which makes me think of chuck barris and confessions of a dangerous mind (what the heck was that anyway? it seemed more like imaginations of a delusory mind to me, but a great watch nonetheless, not unlike the gong show in that way)<br><br>and then i think, ok, al franken at harvard in the late 60's, a gregarious political comedian and performer, appearing nude on a toilet as RMNixon, (a story he tells on his show, i think he even wrote the play/musical - can't remember which) and i think, what if al is the guy chuck was talking about...<br><br>i can't picture al as the on the ground operative that chuck barris portrayed himself as, more like a cultural operative...or maybe, they're both cultural/information assets, and barris's book just imagines the tough guy antics but really tells the story of some kind of deep cover intelligence agent fulfilling some hidden agenda through his shows (dating game, gong show, newlywed show)...what agenda that might be escapes me, but i'm sure there are hundreds of theories...<br><br>it seems like there was more to this, but it's taken me so long to type this post that i'll just leave it there... <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: SNL+GONG SHOW+WAPO=CIA

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:12 am

Al Franken did a skit on Air America Radio some weeks ago that had Bill as a henpecked husband suffering under mastermind Hilary while they buried bodies in their garden.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The dialogue also included many references to their smuggling in tons of cocaine into Mena.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>The whole thing was done like an SNL skit that sounded more like a high school talent night farce. Really campy and strained.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>So Al and AAR is covering for the Clintons/DLC by turning dangerous topics into silly topics.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>That could just be partisan spin but...<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:42 am

I have a LIFE magazine from around 1970 that has a profile of Chuck Barris in his heyday that suggests he was in the 'inner circle' of TV programming spooks, wittingly or not. I think wittingly. <br><br>After all, he married Henry Luce's neice, I think.<br><br>I recall a handfull of things suggesting this likelihood in this LIFE profile.<br>(looking for that copy of LIFE to confirm...)<br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby steve vegas » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:04 pm

i hope you find that LIFE mag...i really wish the Barris story could be confirmed, or denied...he's so shifty and evasive in interviews that i can almost believe it's true...but it might just be too much nose candy in the 70's, grand mal delusions... <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Postby The Omega Man » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:49 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>So Al and AAR is covering for the Clintons/DLC by turning dangerous topics into silly topics.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Not to mention Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, whose shows act as valve vents, cattle chutes and pacifiers for an ever enraging masses. Don't get me wrong, for a few of their episodes have been both enlightening and occasionally bold. But ultimately I've personally graduated that stratus of base political commentary, in favor of the untraipsed, real and very in-your-face realities of the ugly truth. I prefer my bits of nastiness served without garnish, diversion and guise. <p></p><i></i>
The Omega Man

Chuck Barris wrote a short novel

Postby NavnDansk » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:38 am

"YOU AND ME, BABE", about his marriage to a very wealthy woman who was cut off from her trust fund by her parents for marrying the poor boy who comes up with what he calls a stupid idea for a game show called Cinderella and borrows a couple of thousand to film the promo.<br><br>It's an enjoyable novel. Much of it is about the former poor boy feeling he has to keep proving himself and plays for bigger and bigger stakes while his beloved wife objects to his turning their home into a continuation of his business with constant meetings of bigwigs as he launches fantastically successful follow up game shows and branches out into other businesses. <br><br>He finally loses his wife because she deliberately married a poor boy to get away from the coldness and obsessiveness with money of her very elite family. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=navndansk>NavnDansk</A> at: 10/16/06 8:34 pm<br></i>
NavnDansk

Chuck Barris' Definite Family Ties to the CIA

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:37 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ciajfk.com/barris.html">www.ciajfk.com/barris.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Biographical note: Mel Gibson purchased the rights to Christopher Buckley's film rights. See Current Biography. Why is this important? Buckley's father William F. Buckley, Jr. is listed in de Mohrenschildt's phone book in 1954-55 and was a CIA agent. Christopher Buckley worked as George H.W. Bush's speech writer<br><br>Re: No Confessions From An Alleged Dangerous Mind;<br><br>Chuck Barris' Definite Family Ties to the CIA<br><br>Review of Anne Thompson's N.Y. Times "Man With a Mission" on "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"<br><br>Opinion to the Editor:<br><br>The purpose of this opinion is to inform the public of Chuck Barris' family ties to the CIA. Presently the CIA wants to get back into killing people on U.S. Soil! In 1984, when Barris released his book "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," in Contemporary Authors Barris said that his book was "Fiction." Why is Barris not telling the truth today? Today it is not, or Barris leaves you wondering. It is my opinion that this mystery is done to profit from the movie.<br><br>There is nothing to be proud of being a CIA assassin. To have a lawful society, those in charge of it must not be allowed to break the law. They must encourage others to enforce it. Such a society will not, must not, and could not stand.<br><br>Let us now look at what Barris does not tell us. <br><br>Chuck Barris' uncle-by-marriage was William S. Paley (former owner of CBS). Paley admitted working with the CIA throughout the 1950s. Paley did employ a CIA assassin whose name was George de Mohrenschildt. For those of you who don't know it, de Mohrenschildt was Lee Harvey Oswald's closest friend prior to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. There is nothing pretty about this historical event and the CIA finger prints are all over it.<br><br>George de Mohrenschildt, a CIA agent, wrote in his book, "Of course I Killed Kennedy, from the biggest crook in the Western Hemisphere."<br><br>Barris' father-in-law was Leon Levy who cofounded CBS with his brother Isaac Levy. Leon's daughter "Lynn" married Chuck Barris. Leon married Blanche Paley, who was the sister of William S. Paley, a future CIA asset, who also employed CIA agents, including George de Mohrenschildt.<br><br>Throughout the 1950s, Paley admitted working with the CIA by allowing agents to pose as CBS employees. One of the long-time Directors at CBS was Prescott Bush, whose son, also a CIA agent, George H.W. Bush had known de Mohrenschildt since 1942. In 1993, Bush Sr., wrote to me stating that he did not know of de Mohrenschildt's Intelligence connections. I later found out that de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law, Walter Samuel Washington, was in charge of more than 250 CIA agents between the years of 1950-53, ten years before the JFK Assassination.<br><br>==In May of 1963, prior to the Assassination of President Kennedy, after he left CBS, Prescott Bush's banking firm Brown Brothers & Harriman gave Lee Harvey Oswald's closest friend, George de Mohrenschildt a $300,000 line of credit, when de Mohrenschildt's credit "stunk" to high heaven.<br><br>In 1953, I found letters from Prescott Bush, CIA Director, Allen Dulles and Neil Mallon (G.H.W. Bush's mentor) that their Carribean project was "going very well." In 1953, George Bush founded his Zapata Oil Company -- a CIA front. In the 1960s, Bush worked with Edwin Pauley in Mexico City on "Operation Zapata," the code name for "The Bay of Pigs" invasion.<br><br>The CIA has a long history of using Hollywood to get what they want. In the past, they have used "Radio Liberty," "Radio Free Europe," and "Voice of America" to broadcast propaganda in slavic languages. Nelson Rockefeller, in World War II, had his own movie production company as the head of Inter-American Affairs -- the sister organization to the O.S.S. (a forerunner of the CIA). Rockefeller also employed George de Mohrenschildt in World War II. Chuck Barris' uncle-by-marriage, Paley was an O.S.S. man as was de Mohrenschildt and his brother Dimitri. In the 1950' she CIA's main man in Hollywood was friends with both Dimitri and George de Mohrenschildt, that man was Cecil B. de Mille.<br><br>== Astrix means that this person employed George de Mohrenschildt.<br><br>The trustees of MoMA were 1). * William S. Paley; 2). * Nelson Rockefeller; 3). * Henry Luce; 4). John "Jock" Hay Whitney; 5). Charles Wrightsman; 6). Phllip C. Johnson (listed in de Mohrenschildt's phone book); and, 7). * John de Menil.<br><br>=When historians look back, who knows they may say that the real culprits behind the JFK assassination were FBI, CIA agents, Texas oilmen, and that the true story may hang at The Museum of Modern Art. Who painted this masterpiece? Our own government! While the Bush family may not approve, it is refreshing to know there are people like Congressman Sam Farr, Leon Panetta, a Deputy California Attorney General, and other law enforcement agencies who have supported my research on the CIA's role behind President Kennedy's Assassination.<br><br>Respectfully submitted,<br>______________________<br><br>Bruce Campbell Adamson /author/historian<br><br>P.O. Box 1003, Aptos, CA, 95001,<br>website <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://ciajfk.com/jfkbooks.html">ciajfk.com/jfkbooks.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://ciajfk.com/timeline.html">ciajfk.com/timeline.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>=In the year 2000, George W. Bush's campaign intentionally used the word "RATS" subliminally in their T.V. ads to degrade Al Gore. Does the United States want the same sort of political campaign this election? I say: remind everyone by inserting your own 'No Rats' labels on letters, packages to spread the word that subliminal T.V. advertising is downright illegal! Someone forgot to tell the U.S. Supreme Court. <br><br>Read the article on: <br>See the video that this is referring to:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://ciajfk.com/bushrat/">ciajfk.com/bushrat/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>==Both Bush and de Mohrenschildt were CIA agents in 1953 10 years before JFK's demise. The JFK Records Review Board Act they did not mentioned de Mohrenschildt. Henry Kissinger (CIA) and George W. Bush's adviser had been close to the de Mohrenschildt family since 1950s. When Nixon ran for President Kissinger sabatoge LBJ's run at winning the election. Today Kissinger is again advising George W. Bush. Is Kissinger keeping Bush's war going in Iraq? <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://ciajfk.com/">ciajfk.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=navndansk>NavnDansk</A> at: 10/16/06 8:41 pm<br></i>
NavnDansk

Thanks NavnDansk..

Postby steve vegas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:23 pm

reality is so surreal. <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Postby MinM » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:I have a LIFE magazine from around 1970 that has a profile of Chuck Barris in his heyday that suggests he was in the 'inner circle' of TV programming spooks, wittingly or not. I think wittingly.

After all, he married Henry Luce's neice, I think.

I recall a handfull of things suggesting this likelihood in this LIFE profile.(looking for that copy of LIFE to confirm...)

1969 October 10 LIFE Magazine - Camp Pendleton - Chuck Barris

Fold-out Cover - New series : Revolution, part 1 of 2 parts. Three page fold-out color Lincoln-Mercury ad with bronze 1970 Marquis car. Two page color Chevrolet trucks ad, includes semi-truck, convertible truck and regular pickup truck with surfboards. Two page color Chevrolet ad with 8 different stationwagons at a picnic. Trial of the Chicago Eight, Chicago 8, charged with violating provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 during the Democratic National Convention, includes Abbie Hoffman, Lee Weiner, Bobby Seale (Blank Panther), David Dellinger, Jerry Rubin, Rennie Davis, John Froines, Tom Hayden, judge Julius Hoffman, American Civil Liberties Union. Camp Pendleton Brig Rats report on brutalities in a Marine Corps prison, includes Ron Lucas, Sandy Hodge, Robert Parks, Dr. Lawrence McNamee, Chaplain Mires Stine reporting. High School fashion fling, lots of wild things, colors, strips, patterns, huge pant legs, fringes, includes Rosemary Shoong, Kim Robertson, Pat Auvenshine, Pam Pepin, Lenore Reday, Nina Nellhaus (Denver), Sandy Brockman, Erica Farber, Woodside High School, Bird City, Kansas, more. Chuck Barris - king of TV gamesmanship, The Dating Game producer, others. Modern Living - instant nostalgia in a prefabricated Yankee barn house. Cincinnati Reds hot rookie pro quarterback Greg Cook, football. Upgrading the Hawthorn Circle (roundabout) with huge new highway intersection outside New York City - threatened America. Centerfold color NFL 50th ad with a commemorative football portfolio. Miscellany : six-year-old Maryann Mace plays in her oak-top air-conditioned, insulated, and soundproof tree house.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Pg... 4 The Presidency: A Question of Belief in Hanoi? and at Home. By Hugh Sidey

Pg... 8 Gallery: The Surrealistic Vision of Bill Brandt

Pg... 14–17 Reviews: Book: "The Selling of the President 1968," by Joe McGinniss, Reviewed by Murray Kempton.

Pg... 14–17 Reviews: Movie: "Oh! What a Lovely War," Directed by Richard Attenborough, Reviewed by Richard Schickel

Pg... 28A Letters to the Editors

Pg... 28D The Trial of the Chicago Eight: A Bizarre Confrontation with Serious Overtones Pits Dissenters Against a Very Straight Judge. By William Barry Furlong

Pg... 32 The Pendleton Brig Rats: Ex–Prisoners and Other Witnesses Report on the Brutalities Characterizing Life in a Marine Corps Prison. By Jack Fincher

Pg... 38 Editorial: A Healthy Democratic Consensus in Germany

Pg... 40 High School Fashion Fling: In the New Freedom of Dress the Only Dictum is Wear Your Own Thing. Photographed by Arthur Schatz

Pg... 100 Revolution: A New Series: The First Instalment of a Two–Part Study Explores the Nature and History of Modern Revolution form France in 1789 to Russian in 1917

Pg... 116 King of TV Gamesmanship: Chuck Barris is the Guy Who Thinks Up All Those Game Show. By Joan Barthel

Pg... 126 Threatened America: Kill the Hill! Pave that Grass! And Relax. Our Kids Won't Know the Difference. By Paul O'Neil

Pg... 136 Modern Living: Instant Nostalgia in a Prefabricated Yankee Barn House

Pg... 141 Sports: Greg Cook is the New Cincinnati Kid? the Hottest Rookie Pro Quarterback Since Namath. By John Pekkanen

Pg... 144 Miscellany

http://www.lifemagazineconnection.com/i ... ts_id=1795
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Chuck Barris' Definite Family Ties to the CIA

Postby MinM » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:19 pm

NavnDansk wrote:Biographical note: Mel Gibson purchased the rights to Christopher Buckley's film rights. See Current Biography. Why is this important? Buckley's father William F. Buckley, Jr. is listed in de Mohrenschildt's phone book in 1954-55 and was a CIA agent. Christopher Buckley worked as George H.W. Bush's speech writer

Re: No Confessions From An Alleged Dangerous Mind;<br><br>Chuck Barris' Definite Family Ties to the CIA

Review of Anne Thompson's N.Y. Times "Man With a Mission" on "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" ...

Why is Barris not telling the truth today? Today it is not, or Barris leaves you wondering. It is my opinion that this mystery is done to profit from the movie.

There is nothing to be proud of being a CIA assassin. To have a lawful society, those in charge of it must not be allowed to break the law. They must encourage others to enforce it. Such a society will not, must not, and could not stand.

Let us now look at what Barris does not tell us. Chuck Barris' uncle-by-marriage was William S. Paley (former owner of CBS). Paley admitted working with the CIA throughout the 1950s. Paley did employ a CIA assassin whose name was George de Mohrenschildt. For those of you who don't know it, de Mohrenschildt was Lee Harvey Oswald's closest friend prior to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. There is nothing pretty about this historical event and the CIA finger prints are all over it.

George de Mohrenschildt, a CIA agent, wrote in his book, "Of course I Killed Kennedy, from the biggest crook in the Western Hemisphere."

Barris' father-in-law was Leon Levy who cofounded CBS with his brother Isaac Levy. Leon's daughter "Lynn" married Chuck Barris. Leon married Blanche Paley, who was the sister of William S. Paley, a future CIA asset, who also employed CIA agents, including George de Mohrenschildt.

Throughout the 1950s, Paley admitted working with the CIA by allowing agents to pose as CBS employees. One of the long-time Directors at CBS was Prescott Bush, whose son, also a CIA agent, George H.W. Bush had known de Mohrenschildt since 1942. In 1993, Bush Sr., wrote to me stating that he did not know of de Mohrenschildt's Intelligence connections. I later found out that de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law, Walter Samuel Washington, was in charge of more than 250 CIA agents between the years of 1950-53, ten years before the JFK Assassination.

In May of 1963, prior to the Assassination of President Kennedy, after he left CBS, Prescott Bush's banking firm Brown Brothers & Harriman gave Lee Harvey Oswald's closest friend, George de Mohrenschildt a $300,000 line of credit, when de Mohrenschildt's credit "stunk" to high heaven.

In 1953, I found letters from Prescott Bush, CIA Director, Allen Dulles and Neil Mallon (G.H.W. Bush's mentor) that their Carribean project was "going very well." In 1953, George Bush founded his Zapata Oil Company -- a CIA front. In the 1960s, Bush worked with Edwin Pauley in Mexico City on "Operation Zapata," the code name for "The Bay of Pigs" invasion.

The CIA has a long history of using Hollywood to get what they want. In the past, they have used "Radio Liberty," "Radio Free Europe," and "Voice of America" to broadcast propaganda in slavic languages. Nelson Rockefeller, in World War II, had his own movie production company as the head of Inter-American Affairs -- the sister organization to the O.S.S. (a forerunner of the CIA). Rockefeller also employed George de Mohrenschildt in World War II. Chuck Barris' uncle-by-marriage, Paley was an O.S.S. man as was de Mohrenschildt and his brother Dimitri. In the 1950' she CIA's main man in Hollywood was friends with both Dimitri and George de Mohrenschildt, that man was Cecil B. de Mille...

http://www.ciajfk.com/barris.html

Here's more on George de Mohrenschildt:

The White Russian--A Powerful Cocktail

http://www.blackopforum.info/discussion ... 80-on-jfk-

http://rigorousintuition.yuku.com/topic ... W-WAPO-CIA
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 am

With the most ridiculous game show promoter marrying into the elite CIA media family, it only make sense that this situation would be used to create disbelief and dissonance regarding CIA tactics.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to Psyops and Meme Management