The Dreadlock Recollections (Kerry Thornley)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby philipacentaur » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Whoa, whoa -- I never said that was a Bad Thing, you know?
philipacentaur

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brownzeroed » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:02 pm

Whoa, whoa -- I never said that was a Bad Thing, you know?

No malice intended, my friend. Nor received.
brownzeroed

Re:

Postby MinM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:34 pm

brownzeroed wrote:
but Oswald's background is such a huge smoking gun if you'll pardon the metaphor.

YES! I hear a lot of folk talk about Jim Garrison on this site but most fail to remember that it was a check from one Clay (Shaw) "Bertrand" that started the ball rolling.

And this background of Discordianism is also very interesting. I get the feeling that the Discordians were not just a joke but I'll be damned if I can figure what that's all about. I got an email from someone (sorry I can't remember who at present...but I'll try to dig it up if someone wants) tracing a lot of the 9/11 truth movements less likely conspiracy theories to the Discordians.

Yeah, DE, definitely read it. I thinks it's right up your alley. If even a kernal of it is true, damn interesting stuff.
and
ON EDIT: Most of the popular "conspiracy theories" seem to be cribbed from the punchlines of both Discordia and Robert Anton Wilson.

Here's a vid a Thornley on "A Current Affair" back in the 80's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTbrLB1v5Q

Note: the program misrepresents Thornley as an "extreme right winger". At this point of his life, and from the early seventies on, he was an anarchist. At the time of Kennedys assassination he would describe himself as a "Disciple of Ayn Rand" -ian libertarian. Nit picky, I know, but I think the "gaffe" was intentional to discredit him at the time of broadcast.

While the mainstream media was busy burying Oliver Stone, in the wake of "JFK", these tabloid shows were crawling over each other to put out more and more information (some of it mis/disinformation; some really good reporting too).

From Bill O'Reilly's reporting on Inside Edition :arrow: to Rupert Murdoch's Current Affair with the Thornley piece :arrow: to Hard Copy...

Kerry Thornley picked up the FPCC handbills from the Jones Printing Co. - The Education Forum
viewtopic.php?p=426844#p426844
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Re:

Postby MinM » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:52 pm

brownzeroed wrote:
but Oswald's background is such a huge smoking gun if you'll pardon the metaphor.

YES! I hear a lot of folk talk about Jim Garrison on this site but most fail to remember that it was a check from one Clay (Shaw) "Bertrand" that started the ball rolling.

And this background of Discordianism is also very interesting. I get the feeling that the Discordians were not just a joke but I'll be damned if I can figure what that's all about. I got an email from someone (sorry I can't remember who at present...but I'll try to dig it up if someone wants) tracing a lot of the 9/11 truth movements less likely conspiracy theories to the Discordians.

Yeah, DE, definitely read it. I thinks it's right up your alley. If even a kernal of it is true, damn interesting stuff.
and
ON EDIT: Most of the popular "conspiracy theories" seem to be cribbed from the punchlines of both Discordia and Robert Anton Wilson.

Here's a vid a Thornley on "A Current Affair" back in the 80's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTbrLB1v5Q

Note: the program misrepresents Thornley as an "extreme right winger". At this point of his life, and from the early seventies on, he was an anarchist. At the time of Kennedys assassination he would describe himself as a "Disciple of Ayn Rand" -ian libertarian. Nit picky, I know, but I think the "gaffe" was intentional to discredit him at the time of broadcast.

While the mainstream media was busy burying Oliver Stone, in the wake of "JFK", these tabloid shows were crawling over each other to put out more and more information (some of it mis/disinformation; some really good reporting too).

From Bill O'Reilly's reporting on Inside Edition :arrow: to Rupert Murdoch's Current Affair with the Thornley piece :arrow: to Hard Copy...

Kerry Thornley picked up the FPCC handbills from the Jones Printing Co. - The Education Forum

A Current Affair
Jim DiEugenio wrote:That Current Affair show on Thornley was really something.

He himself agreed with Biles. Jim Garrison should have indicted Kerry Thornley for conspiracy.

He is a really interesting character. Who leads in a lot of different directions.

BTW,that Current Affair show reminds us of the old days when JFK was released.

This stuff was everywhere.

Then came the 30th. And Bob Loomis gave us Jerry Posner...

So glad that Tina Brown had to eat crow on that one. Poetic justice since Harold Evans published Case Closed.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... 8536&st=15
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: The Dreadlock Recollections (Kerry Thornley)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:59 pm

The 1965 Gregory Peck movie, 'Mirage,' about a scientist with amnesia has him working for..."Garrison Laboratories."

Then during the 1967-1969 trial of Clay CIA Shaw by DA Jim Garrison there was a TV show complete with comic book called-
"Garrison's Gorillas.'

When the House Select Commitee on Assassinations was being planned in 1976, CIA-Disney negative-framed DA Jim Garrison as
the movie, 'The Shaggy D.A.", as if every child would know what a D.A. was.

Old CIA fogeys used their own expression for a long pointless false story, a 'shaggy dog' story, as mainstream psyops. For kidz' parents.
The original 1959 CIA-Disney 'The Shaggy Dog' was meant to negatively-frame General Douglas MacArthur's reich-hand man, Gen. Willoughby.
This was to pre-emptively psyop the big national WWII-flavored recognition of MacArthur's birthday in 1960, despite his Kiorean War scandal.

There was also a 'Twilight Zone' episode fictionlaiizing "Willoughby" into w.o.o.
And a children'z story called 'The Wolves of Willoughby Chase' meant to terrorize children for Cold War purposes.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby MinM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

Show #609
Original airdate: December 20, 2012
Guest: Cyril Wecht / Bill Kelly / Jim DiEugenio
Topics: 50th Conference / ARRB / Destiny Betrayed

# Jim DiEugenio (1:19:07) Real Media or MP3 download

# CTKA, Seamus Coogan review of The French Connection (Kross 2012)
# Listener questions, details of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle
# James Files, Noam Chomsky, Jim's Top Ten JFK Assassination Books, BOR list
# A difference between believing and knowing JFK was killed by a conspiracy
# An article on the death of Dag Hammarskjöld by Lisa Pease,
# CTKA to offer all of Probe's articles on cd, ranking Kennedy as President
# Walter Sheridan, RFK, Garrison, Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann
# Destiny Betrayed, Garrison's good work as District Attorney, his investigation
# Four months worth of discoveries, 544 Camp, Bannister, Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Rose Cheremie
# Richard Case Nagell, Clinton/Jackson, Lafayette, Kerry Thornley, Dulles, the Paines, Mary Bancroft
# Elements of the CIA, Anti-Castro adventurers and the Mob
# Clara Gay and Ferrie's map of Dealey Plaza, the forces that rise up against Garrison
# Ferrie's death, Garrison investigation infiltrators, the Gervich's, Gorden Novel
# Sheridan's machinations, James Phelan, Hugh Ainsworth
# J Edgar Hoover wired Garrison's office, Loran Hall, CIA group, Larry Houston, Ray Roka
# Thwarting the subpoenas, Bill Boxley, scuttling Garrison
# The Clay Shaw trial, CIA intimidation of witnesses, Pierre Finck's testimony

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black609c.mp3
MinM

Re:

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 pm

brownzeroed wrote:Sorry. I came to the conclusion that no one was going to read the book anyhoo. Or maybe read a few pages then draw from a few past conclusions and move on.

Actually, I've been reading it the past few days and really enjoying it -- so thanks for the heads-up.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby brownzeroed » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 am

Right on, Wombaticus. You're sexier than most.
brownzeroed

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Without question one of the weirder books I've ever read. His imaginary friend's diagnosis is quite correct: Thornley is a gifted writer who had nothing to write about. As earnest as the prose was from page to page, I couldn't help but feel the author was smirking at me.

Granted, that may have simply been because so much of the actual verbiage, by net weight, consisted of the smirking gnomon of Brother-in-Law, from interrogations to concise paragraph-length rants. And I certainly don't mean to imply that I feel taken in the sense of being swindled, because this was hugely entertaining and sufficiently puzzling to ensure some repeat readings. As Jack Ruby never said, "The reason those CIA guys do all that crazy stuff is to that when you tell people about it, you sound crazy, too."

Simply as an OPSEC thinkpiece, this book was every bit as good as The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, and for all it's darkness a good bit more accurate, too. (Or at least more blunt -- my Vermont gunsmithery brain cannot really dissociate the two concepts.) Really glad I was programmed to finally read this book now! I mean, decided to read this. I meant I decided that I wanted to read this.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 am

Found a tasty overview of West Coast OTO history with a focus on Manson connections:

http://www.parareligion.ch/sunrise/manson.htm

Seems very thorough and rigorous, but they all do at first. I'm sure someone here can unravel a few agendas at work in this piece. (Or just project them, but hey, that can be just as illuminating. Juxtaposition is its own reward, eh?)
Wombaticus Rex

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:04 pm

The Idle Warriors
by Kerry W. Thornley

A book about Oswald written BEFORE the JFK assasination!

By "rodney23" on May 3, 2000

Kerry Thornley was stationed in Japan with Lee Harvey Oswald at one of only two US bases where LSD experiments took place. It's Thornley's contention that the purpose of these experiments was to create "Manchurian Candidates" - assassins on autopilot. This could be dismissed as a paranoid rant, but this book was written before Nov. 22, 1963. Hmmm, maybe that's why it's no longer in print. If you do manage to get your hands on a copy, count yourself among the lucky.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Idle-Warriors ... 0962653403

The Albert Schweitzer College - The Education Forum

On March 4, 1959, 5 days prior to be being promoted to Private 1st Class for the second time, Lee Harvey Oswald completed an application to attend the Albert Schweitzer College in Switzerland. The application was lodged on 19 of March, with a $25.00 registration fee being made on June 19. August 17 found him applying for a dependency discharge from the Marines which was duly granted on the 28th of that month. Exactly one week later, Lee applied for a passport, listing his occupation as "shipping export agent", and the purpose of his travel as attendance at the Albert Schweitzer College, Churwalden, Switzerland, and at the University of Turku in Finland. He also stated his intention to visit Cuba, the Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany and Russia as a tourist...

As history indicates, Oswald did not attend the Albert Schweitzer College, but instead, made his way to the Soviet Uniona where he was to stay for about two and half years.

What then, was the purpose of this college application?

How Oswald found out about this obscure little college has long been regarded as something of a mystery. Not even the Swiss authorities could locate it easily in 1960 after being contacted by the FBI. This contact was the result of Marguerite, Lee's pertinacious mother, contacting the State Department, concerned when mail for Lee had been returned undelivered.

The answer to the mystery may well be found in his relationship with Kerry Thornley. Thornley - a noted right-winger - was, at the time he and Oswald served together, attending the very left-wing church of Unitarian, Stephen Frichman (1)...

In 1956, Brundage was made Director of the Bureau of the Budget. He retired in 1958, but continued with the Bureau in an "advisory" position for a further two years.

As Budget Director, he was involved in Project Vanguard (2) which was the result of NSC 5520 and "was intended to establish 'Freedom of Space'--the right to overfly foreign territory for future intelligence satellites. The initial estimate of its cost was $15-20 million, but by mid-1956 the program was already over budget and estimates of its total costs continued to grow."

$2.5 million of the budget for this project came from the CIA (3).

The "coincidence" of Brundage holding the purse strings for a program dealing with the hot issue of overflights and being heavily involved with the Albert Schweitzer College should be way too big for any reasonable person to swallow...

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/MinM/291
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Show #806
Original airdate: October 27, 2016
Guests: Bill Kelly / Jim DiEugenio
Topics: Tampa Plot / RFK Case and Listener Questions

Play Jim DiEugenio (1:02:25) MP3 download

■The interesting parallels among the plots and their patsies
■Why would there be FPCC chapters in New Orleans and Tampa?
■The same design in Chicago, Tampa, Los Angeles, then Dallas
■ctka.net, Reclaiming Parkland: (paperback), please write good reviews at Amazon
■W. R. Poage Legislative Library at Baylor University update by Joe Green
■Spatial Chart of Northern Half of Dealey Plaza
■November Dallas screenings of The Searchers by Randy Benson, trailer
The Polka Dot File (Faura 2016) reviewed by Jim, (see BOR #790)
■Faura was a reporter for a Los Angeles paper when he walked into the RFK case
Fernando worked on the mystery of the girl in the polka dot dress
■You have to understand hypno-programming and Sirhan's Palestinian past
■Sirhan's last memory, Lots of cream, lots of sugar
■Bjorn Nielsen, Palle Hardrup, Copenhagen, hypnotized to rob and murder
■The Search for the "Manchurian Candidate": (Marks 1991)
■The Robert F. Kennedy Assassination: (Melanson 1991)
■RFK signs poster for bystander Michael Wayne minutes before he is assassinated
■Stipulation of evidence, you accept the prosecutor's case
■The RFK case has three 'magic bullets'
■Dewayne Wolfer's LAPD bullet trajectory diagram
■Howard Willens and The American Scholar by Gary Aguilar, re: Warren Report
■Listener questions, shot from the front, from the grassy knoll? Yes
■Jim's review of Jeffrey Caufield's book on General Walker
■Fletcher Prouty, Len, and additional shooters along the Dallas route?
■Oswald said, 'You`re the cop. You figure it out'
Kerry Thornley or Gerry Patrick Hemming? The trust issue
In History's Shadow: Lee Harvey Oswald, Kerry Thornley (Biles 2002)
■LBJ's post-assassination mental state? He got more erratic
■LBJ / RFK, Mutual Contempt: (Shesol 1998)
■Johnson having Kennedy hand out Civil Rights Act signing pens (16:38)
■Seven hour Len Osanic / John Armstrong (Harvey & Lee) interview
■Southern Poverty Law Center's disparaging article on Mark Lane
■May 29, 2017 is the hundredth anniversary of John Kennedy's birth

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black806b.mp3

MinM

Previous

Return to General Discussion