On the way: HBO JFK miniseries based on Bugliosi

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: On the way: HBO JFK miniseries based on Bugliosi

Postby MinM » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Zac Efron, Marcia Gay Harden Join JFK Drama 'Parkland'
11:49 AM PST 12/19/2012 by Pamela McClintock
Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman's Playtone is producing the historical drama with Exclusive Media.

Zac Efron and Marcia Gay Harden are joining the cast of John F. Kennedy ensemble drama Parkland.

Journalist and novelist Peter Landesman is writing the adapted screenplay and will direct. The project marks his directorial debut.

Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman's Playtone is producing the feature with Exclusive Media. The film also stars Paul Giamatti, Billy Bob Thornton and Jacki Weaver.

PHOTOS: 10 Presidents and Their Famous Hollywood Pals

This fall, Exclusive Media came abord to finance Parkland, which draws from author and former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi's epic Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Bugliosi, a three-time Edgar winner, also wrote Helter Skelter, And the Sea Will Tell and Outrage.

Parkland recounts the true story of the chaotic events that occurred at Parkland Hospital in Dallas on the day Kennedy was murdered in November 1963. The film, to be shot in Austin, is eyeing a 2013 theatrical release timed to the 50th anniversary of the assassination.

STORY: From Elvis to Michael Jackson: How Hollywood Has Played a Role in U.S. Presidency

“Zac Efron continues to impress us with his recent shift into more dramatic roles which showcase his exceptional acting skills and Marcia Gay Harden is an unparalleled actress who gives tour de force performances in every film she appears. We look forward to seeing their combined talent in Peter Landesman’s powerful and mesmerizing story alongside the excellent cast already attached to this film,” said Exclusive Media co-chairman Guy East and Nigel Sinclair.

The film is intended to be released in November 2013, coinciding with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/z ... den-405092

@JFKLancer: Zac Efron Brings The Sex To JFK Film Parkland! http://tinyurl.com/dysuqdk

https://twitter.com/JFKLancer/status/281574995816247296
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MinM » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 pm

James Badge Dale Will Play Lee Harvey Oswald’s Brother

James Badge Dale is going to play Lee Harvey Oswald’s brother in a new film called “Parkland.” It’s set between the time JFK was killed by Oswald and Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby in November 1963. Dale, the son of the late great star of “Nine” Anita Morris and choreographer Grover Dale, is hot as a pistol right now in “Flight” after starring in AMC’s “Rubicon.” Our PAULA SCHWARTZ caught up with in New York:

James Badge Dale has seven minutes screen time tops in Robert Zemeckis’s “Flight.” He plays a dying cancer patient who bums a cigarette from Denzel Washington in a hospital stairwell and riffs on life, death, God, regrets. He’s spritzing words as fast as they materialize in his dying brain because he’s got maybe 24 to 48 hours of life left. The actor is so phenomenal that like me you were probably wondering, who is this guy? Turns out he’s been around a while, with parts in “Shame,” “The Grey” and the tv series “Rubicon,” but his role in “Flight” is something else, a game changer.

Dale was at a luncheon in honor of Zemeckis and screenwriter John Gatins at Circo restaurant in midtown. (They have a lot to celebrate; “Flight” is a big hit at the box office and has lots of Oscar talk.)

The handsome actor, who has red hair and a healthy build, is unrecognizable from the gaunt, sickly guy in the film. But looking healthy nearly cost him the part.

“I had to beg them to let me read that role,” said the 34-year-old actor. They also wanted someone younger. “They were going for early 20’s, and I understood that but I just fell in love with the role from the moment I read it.” He was persistent enough that they let him read the script and told him he could come back to read. Then they changed their mind.

“The morning of the reading we had this huge argument back and forth,” he said. “Just give me one take as the cancer patient,” he pleaded. After the reading, casting director Victoria Burrows told him, “Okay, now I get why you wanted to read that. Now I have to show this to Bob.”

Dale said he and Zemeckis talked for a long time. “I told Bob why I wanted to do this, that I have some very personal connections there and some reasons that I felt like I could understand what this is to the story.” The director gave him the part but told him to lose weight, “because you’re too healthy.” The already slender actor lost 20 pounds in six weeks.

I asked Dale about the personal connection he drew on for the role, and he told me that his mother died of cancer when he was 15 and that three to four days before her death, “there were moments when she became incredibly lucid and incredibly present even despite all the drugs and morphine and a lot of that was drawn from things that I witnessed.”

Dale’s mother was Anita Morris, the beautiful Tony-nominated actress who played Carla in the original production of “Nine,” and who died tragically at age 50 in 1994. (His father is dancer/actor Grover Dale.)

The actor is now on a roll with three big-budget action films coming out next summer. He plays “the dirty, older brother” of “The Lone Ranger” (Armie Hammer) in the Johnny Depp film. He’s also in Marc Forster’s “World War Z,” starring Brad Pitt, as a zombie ranger during a pandemic. Then there’s “Iron Man 3,” where he plays villain Eric Savin, who in the Marvel comic was a soldier who got fatally injured and then was resurrected.

“Ben Kingsley is the mouthpiece. Guy Pearce is the brain. I’m the muscle,” he said. Being in 200 million movies with CGI “is a weird departure” for him. “I’m more of a ‘put two guys in a room and we’ll just talk to each other’ style of actor. But I had a lot of fun. I learned to ride a horse. I got to beat up grown men in robot suits and shoot zombies with Brad Pitt.”

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/12/01/ja ... ds-brother

Jim DiEugenio wrote:Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

This is the line up as I see it. And I talked about it on BOR this week.

Parkland by Playtone. Feature film.
Killing Kennedy by Scot Free. TV film.
Legacy of Secrecy. Appian Way.

Dallas in Wonderland. Rumor of Matt Damon starring in it.

The producer of Dallas in Wonderland is also putting together a documentary to go with it. I have been contacted to be a guest.

So far this is it as far as I know.. Now, this does not include projects that are not off the ground yet. And it does not include all the other news shows etc. which will have spots on them. Plus, there may be stuff out there I do not know about.

So we do have some things going for us. But I would really like to even the numbers and get one more on our side.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19925

Jim could also add Hugh's movie to that list...
Show #616
Original airdate: February 7, 2013
Guest: Jim DiEugenio
Topics: Dallas 2013 / Listener Questions

Play Jim DiEugenio (1:37:10) Real Media or MP3 download

# RFK Jr. and Charlie Rose interview, AT&T Performing Arts Center, Chris Heinbaugh
# Bill O'Reilly says he was at de Mohrenschildt's house and heard the shotgun blast
# Five scheduled films: Parkland, O'Reilly's book done for TV, Legacy of Secrecy
# Two are pro-conspiracy: Dallas In Wonderland and a documentary by the same filmmakers
# The 50th's predicted large media exposure has already begun
# Dallas' "official" ceremony not to be open to the public, they have a week-long permit
# They fear a big crowd, estimates of over 900 people, Jim wants to seek an injunction
# Jim wants the attention of the international media, but not while in handcuffs
# Listener questions, O'Reilly used to follow Gaeton Fonzi, the 1983 film The Day After
# Destiny Betrayed (2012) impressively updated, chapter 14: Garrison Must Be Destroyed
# A review by Jim of The Untold History of the United States (Stone/Kuznick 2012)
# CTKA and BOR are trying to present the most honest research, 50 Reasons...
# A research community without a leader, here is what is known
# Edmond Black, the Chicago Plot, written before the HSCA
# Jim's good work as an author of books and with Probe
# An interview with FBI Agent Don Adams about Joseph Milteer
# The film Executive Action (1973) mentions the Vietnam withdrawal as a motive
# Oliver Stone Untold History videos on YouTube
# Fall 1961, Dulles and the Joint Chiefs recommended a first strike against the Russians
# Did Phillips plan for an attack of Cuba and a full bore preemptive nuclear strike against Russia?
# Plan A to start a war, Plan B to create a lone nut gunman, a letter to National Geographic,
# JFK knowledge of raids on Cuba? Mongoose was terminated, problems getting it turned off
# Jim Marrs on Zapruder Film alteration, complete alteration vs. obscuring rear head wound
# Petitioning the White House to reopen the Kennedy Assassination
# In History's Shadow (Biles 2002), on Kerry W. Thornley

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19892

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19604
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby christs4sale » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:17 pm

At 10:07 Bugliosi is asked about his history in the RFK case. He mostly dodges it and does not mention the KCOP trial. If you read the Turner and Christian book, then you know that he clearly believed in a conspiracy in the RFK case at the time when he was defending KCOP.
christs4sale

Postby MinM » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Image @ParklandFilm: The #Parkland trailer is finally here!

Image @ParklandUK: A recounting of the chaotic events that occurred at Dallas' Parkland Hospital on the day JFK was assassinated, with @ZacEfron @ColinHanks. Official UK account.
Introducing Paul Giamatti as Abraham Zapruder
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Elvis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 am

Nauseating.

So the big "revelation" in Parkland is "intelligence failure"/Incompetence Theory: "Gosh darn it! -- we were watching Oswald and might have stopped this!"

For a more credible account, I suggest the book JFK Conspiracy of Silence, by Parkland trauma surgeon Dr. Charles Crenshaw. Crenshaw worked on both JFK and Oswald that week. Crenshaw says LBJ personally called him at the hospital to tell Crenshaw to let the nice man go in and get a deathbed confession from Oswald.

Apparently, around the time his book came out, Crenshaw was warned that if he didn't shut up, his house would be burned down. His house was burned down.
Last edited by Elvis on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Dallas in Wonderland

Postby MinM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 am

Jim DiEugenio alludes to the much more promising sounding
Dallas in Wonderland below. Joseph McBride provides more details here...

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

I just filmed a wide-ranging interview for the upcoming feature film DALLAS IN WONDERLAND, which is scheduled to come out around the time of the fiftieth anniversary of the Kennedy assassination this November. DALLAS IN WONDERLAND is about a documentary filmmaker who is hired by a TV network to make a film about the assassination and gets embroiled in some PARALLAX VIEWish/THREE DAYS OF THE CONDORish danger in the best tradition of those bold 1970s thrillers that drew from our nightmarish reality.

I am one of the historians and other experts on the assassination who are in the DALLAS IN WONDERLAND documentary film-within-the-film
, which will also be released in its complete form as a DVD extra. The filmmakers really know their subject matter -- including director/co-writer Ryan Page and documentary cowriters and coproducers Joseph Green and James Page. They've assembled a solid list of interviewees and want the film to be right up to date in terms of research discoveries about the case, including those in my new book INTO THE NIGHTMARE: MY SEARCH FOR THE KILLERS OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY AND OFFICER J. D. TIPPIT. Among the other interviewees already are Jim DiEugenio, Dick Russell, and Dr. David Mantik.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... ntry276326

MinM » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:42 am wrote:
James Badge Dale Will Play Lee Harvey Oswald’s Brother

James Badge Dale is going to play Lee Harvey Oswald’s brother in a new film called “Parkland.” It’s set between the time JFK was killed by Oswald and Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby in November 1963. Dale, the son of the late great star of “Nine” Anita Morris and choreographer Grover Dale, is hot as a pistol right now in “Flight” after starring in AMC’s “Rubicon.” Our PAULA SCHWARTZ caught up with in New York:

James Badge Dale has seven minutes screen time tops in Robert Zemeckis’s “Flight.” He plays a dying cancer patient who bums a cigarette from Denzel Washington in a hospital stairwell and riffs on life, death, God, regrets. He’s spritzing words as fast as they materialize in his dying brain because he’s got maybe 24 to 48 hours of life left. The actor is so phenomenal that like me you were probably wondering, who is this guy? Turns out he’s been around a while, with parts in “Shame,” “The Grey” and the tv series “Rubicon,” but his role in “Flight” is something else, a game changer.

Dale was at a luncheon in honor of Zemeckis and screenwriter John Gatins at Circo restaurant in midtown. (They have a lot to celebrate; “Flight” is a big hit at the box office and has lots of Oscar talk.)

The handsome actor, who has red hair and a healthy build, is unrecognizable from the gaunt, sickly guy in the film. But looking healthy nearly cost him the part.

“I had to beg them to let me read that role,” said the 34-year-old actor. They also wanted someone younger. “They were going for early 20’s, and I understood that but I just fell in love with the role from the moment I read it.” He was persistent enough that they let him read the script and told him he could come back to read. Then they changed their mind.

“The morning of the reading we had this huge argument back and forth,” he said. “Just give me one take as the cancer patient,” he pleaded. After the reading, casting director Victoria Burrows told him, “Okay, now I get why you wanted to read that. Now I have to show this to Bob.”

Dale said he and Zemeckis talked for a long time. “I told Bob why I wanted to do this, that I have some very personal connections there and some reasons that I felt like I could understand what this is to the story.” The director gave him the part but told him to lose weight, “because you’re too healthy.” The already slender actor lost 20 pounds in six weeks.

I asked Dale about the personal connection he drew on for the role, and he told me that his mother died of cancer when he was 15 and that three to four days before her death, “there were moments when she became incredibly lucid and incredibly present even despite all the drugs and morphine and a lot of that was drawn from things that I witnessed.”

Dale’s mother was Anita Morris, the beautiful Tony-nominated actress who played Carla in the original production of “Nine,” and who died tragically at age 50 in 1994. (His father is dancer/actor Grover Dale.)

The actor is now on a roll with three big-budget action films coming out next summer. He plays “the dirty, older brother” of “The Lone Ranger” (Armie Hammer) in the Johnny Depp film. He’s also in Marc Forster’s “World War Z,” starring Brad Pitt, as a zombie ranger during a pandemic. Then there’s “Iron Man 3,” where he plays villain Eric Savin, who in the Marvel comic was a soldier who got fatally injured and then was resurrected.

“Ben Kingsley is the mouthpiece. Guy Pearce is the brain. I’m the muscle,” he said. Being in 200 million movies with CGI “is a weird departure” for him. “I’m more of a ‘put two guys in a room and we’ll just talk to each other’ style of actor. But I had a lot of fun. I learned to ride a horse. I got to beat up grown men in robot suits and shoot zombies with Brad Pitt.”

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/12/01/ja ... ds-brother

Jim DiEugenio wrote:Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

This is the line up as I see it. And I talked about it on BOR this week.

Parkland by Playtone. Feature film.
Killing Kennedy by Scot Free. TV film.
Legacy of Secrecy. Appian Way.

Dallas in Wonderland. Rumor of Matt Damon starring in it.

The producer of Dallas in Wonderland is also putting together a documentary to go with it. I have been contacted to be a guest.

So far this is it as far as I know.. Now, this does not include projects that are not off the ground yet. And it does not include all the other news shows etc. which will have spots on them. Plus, there may be stuff out there I do not know about.

So we do have some things going for us. But I would really like to even the numbers and get one more on our side.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19925

Jim could also add Hugh's movie to that list...
Show #616
Original airdate: February 7, 2013
Guest: Jim DiEugenio
Topics: Dallas 2013 / Listener Questions

Play Jim DiEugenio (1:37:10) Real Media or MP3 download

# RFK Jr. and Charlie Rose interview, AT&T Performing Arts Center, Chris Heinbaugh
# Bill O'Reilly says he was at de Mohrenschildt's house and heard the shotgun blast
# Five scheduled films: Parkland, O'Reilly's book done for TV, Legacy of Secrecy
# Two are pro-conspiracy: Dallas In Wonderland and a documentary by the same filmmakers
# The 50th's predicted large media exposure has already begun
# Dallas' "official" ceremony not to be open to the public, they have a week-long permit
# They fear a big crowd, estimates of over 900 people, Jim wants to seek an injunction
# Jim wants the attention of the international media, but not while in handcuffs
# Listener questions, O'Reilly used to follow Gaeton Fonzi, the 1983 film The Day After
# Destiny Betrayed (2012) impressively updated, chapter 14: Garrison Must Be Destroyed
# A review by Jim of The Untold History of the United States (Stone/Kuznick 2012)
# CTKA and BOR are trying to present the most honest research, 50 Reasons...
# A research community without a leader, here is what is known
# Edmond Black, the Chicago Plot, written before the HSCA
# Jim's good work as an author of books and with Probe
# An interview with FBI Agent Don Adams about Joseph Milteer
# The film Executive Action (1973) mentions the Vietnam withdrawal as a motive
# Oliver Stone Untold History videos on YouTube
# Fall 1961, Dulles and the Joint Chiefs recommended a first strike against the Russians
# Did Phillips plan for an attack of Cuba and a full bore preemptive nuclear strike against Russia?
# Plan A to start a war, Plan B to create a lone nut gunman, a letter to National Geographic,
# JFK knowledge of raids on Cuba? Mongoose was terminated, problems getting it turned off
# Jim Marrs on Zapruder Film alteration, complete alteration vs. obscuring rear head wound
# Petitioning the White House to reopen the Kennedy Assassination
# In History's Shadow (Biles 2002), on Kerry W. Thornley

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19892

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19604

http://blackopforum.info/discussion/878 ... interviews
Earth-704509
MinM

Previous

Return to General Discussion