IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL AN ANTI-SEMITE?

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:55 pm

All these people are so fuckin stupid to be associated with an anti-semite...........NOT....are you fucking kidding me? Yes brekin this is the most fuckin bizarre fight I have ever had here.....having to defend Joseph Campbell from your insidious, slick, treacherous, deceptive, disingenuous, surreptitious, duplicitous, fucking, outragous labeling.... shame on you shame............. on............ you..............

you think these people would have anything to do with Joseph Campbell if he were an anti-semite????

You come here and trash his name.....you trash everyone that loves and believes in him....you trash is wife.......your convicting him of being an anti-semite is beyond the pale.....take YOUR hatred elsewhere....it stinks....it fuckin stinks to high heaven.

Deepak Chopra, Mick Fleetwood, Rashida Jones, Tony Hawk, Catherine Hardwicke, Laird Hamilton, Robert Walter, Akiva Goldsman, Sir Ken Robinson, Robin Sharma, Lynne Kaufman, Alan Cohen, Brian Johnson, Joseph Marshall III, Rebecca Armstrong, Chungliang Al Huang, David L. Miller, Gay Hendricks, David Loy and Norman Ollestad.

all fools?....hey brekin.....all fools?

Finding Joe Documentary Reminds Us of Our Hero's Journey
Posted: 09/20/11 07:55 PM ET
The documentary Finding Joe, directed by Patrick Takaya Solomon, is a heart warming and inspired retelling of Joseph Campbell's iconic Hero's Journey, one that lucidly walks us through perhaps the archetype of archetypes, the diagram for self-realization and psychological illumination known as the monomyth.

Joseph Campbell was a man who saw many patterns, and as the Imaginary Foundation reminds us: To Understand is to Perceive Patterns. When watching the documentary you'll find yourself experiencing cascading moments of Aha, as pattern after pattern is revealed. Featuring interviews with luminaries like Deepak Chopra and Sir Ken Robinson, the film does a great job at offering a clear and articulate vision of the Hero's Journey... One of my favorite aspects of the doc is the use of references to iconic films to demonstrate how this pattern manifests itself.

This is an extra clip from the movie Finding Joe. Sir Ken Robinson talks about love and fear.

Finding Joe is an exploration of famed Mythologist Joseph Campbell's studies and their continuing impact on our culture. Through interviews with visionaries from a variety of fields interwoven with enactments of classic tales by a sweet and motley group of kids, the film navigates the stages of what Campbell dubbed The Hero's Journey: the challenges, the fears, the dragons, the battles, and the return home as a changed person. Rooted in deeply personal accounts and timeless stories, Finding Joe shows how Campbell's work is relevant and essential in today's world and how it provides a narrative for how to live a fully realized life - or as Campbell would simply state, how to "follow your bliss".

Featuring: Deepak Chopra, Mick Fleetwood, Rashida Jones, Tony Hawk, Catherine Hardwicke, Laird Hamilton, Robert Walter, Akiva Goldsman, Sir Ken Robinson, Robin Sharma, Lynne Kaufman, Alan Cohen, Brian Johnson, Joseph Marshall III, Rebecca Armstrong, Chungliang Al Huang, David L. Miller, Gay Hendricks, David Loy and Norman Ollestad.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby justdrew » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 pm

SLAD, I don't quite understand why the possibility is so abhorrent to you. Consider his age and the word then, anti-semitic views were rather common at the time. There are a FEW people claiming to have over heard things, the case is not very strong, and even if he did have such views, that in and of itself in no way renders his body of work merit-less.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Antisemitism is prejudice, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage. A person who holds such positions is called an "antisemite". It is considered by most scientists to be a form of racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Joseph Campbell was NOT A RACIST

this is a racist
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby justdrew » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:26 pm

it seems like there could be some distance between the man and what's been done since with the work.

"This restriction must be kept in mind. What I am about to say does not concern the ordinary man of our day. On the contrary, I have in mind the man who finds himself involved in today's world, even at its most problematic and paroxysimal points; yet he does not belong inwardly to such a world, nor will he give in to it. He feels himself, in essence, as belonging to a different race from that of the overwhelming majority of his contemporaries."
Last edited by justdrew on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justdrew

Postby American Dream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 pm wrote:Antisemitism is prejudice, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage. A person who holds such positions is called an "antisemite". It is considered by most scientists to be a form of racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Joseph Campbell was NOT A RACIST

this is a racist

Brilliant...
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 pm

who dat?
justdrew

Postby American Dream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:44 pm

She's that white lady who lost her cooking show because she said the N-word too much.
American Dream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Anybody here ever read Houston Stewart Chamberlain? Though painfully dull, his two-volume Foundations of the Nineteenth Century, published in 1900, had a strange appeal. He told a mass society, at the mercy of the impersonal forces which were crushing it, that the Teutons were indomitable master builders, that in mysticism was freedom, that "every Mystic is, whether he will or not, a born Anti-Semite."

I ask in all seriousness, is it possible to be an Anti-Semite and still be a good person?

Is it possible that one must BE an Anti-Semite to be a good person?

Not hate all Jews, but something about Jewishness? About what Jewishness has become?

Because sometimes...

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:47 pm

What the facepalm are you trying to say, Jerky?

What the facepalm was that shit.

Seriously.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 pm

By the way, that Deon Cole's Black Box thing is HILARIOUS and beautifully good-natured.

I also want to say that, before anybody freaks out about what I wrote above, fully half my best friends are Jewish, and I love them and would give my life for some of them. Also, I have many black friends whom I love dearly and deplore mean-spirited, ugly racism of all kinds. It's just that, with what's going on in Israel with some versions of Jewishness (and in some versions of Islam in other parts of the world) I don't know if we can afford NOT to be critical of 'groups' of people in their entirety.

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 pm wrote:I don't know if we can afford NOT to be critical of 'groups' of people in their entirety.

YOPJ

One of the most dumbass quotes I have read here all year.

Why double down on this?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 pm

You know what I mean, Wombaticus. Call it what you will... "Rothschild Zionism" or just plain "Zionist supremacy" or whatever.

I've recently been reading a lot of Gilad Atzmon and Norman Finkelstein, and they both make a damn lot of sense to me.

They're also both Jewish, for whatever that's worth.

Maybe we need to come up with a better word to describe what it is, exactly, that I'm trying to talk about. Although to Zionists, being Anti-Zionist is no different than being Anti-Semitic.

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

I assume you believe (as do I) that it is necessary that we be critical (GASP!!! CRITICAL?!?!) of Nazis and Fascists?

Yes or no?

YOPJ

Wombaticus Rex » 24 Jun 2013 01:53 wrote:
Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 pm wrote:I don't know if we can afford NOT to be critical of 'groups' of people in their entirety.

YOPJ

One of the most dumbass quotes I have read here all year.

Why double down on this?
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

If you think that quote is dumbass then you're not half as intelligent as I thought you were. Either that, or you're in the grips of a self-rightousness spiral.

YOPJ
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion