Judeophobia & The Revolutionary Right

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Judeophobia & The Revolutionary Right

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:57 pm

@searcher ...I see one post ...one person is that right? That's a whole lot of trouble

1/2 million posts ...10 years.....1 person 1 post? that's a big problem? that has 1 person here with his pants in a bunch looking over his shoulder 24/7?

and how many members here?

I guess we need a super duper full time mod to handle all the trouble in this one area alone :shrug: we could even give him a special name with super secret special duties

I'm not trying to be obtuse ...I just don't see a big problem here at RI that we are in need of a special centurion
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:32 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm wrote:@searcher ...I see one post ...one person is that right? That's a whole lot of trouble

1/2 million posts ...10 years.....1 person 1 post? that's a big problem? that has 1 person here with his pants in a bunch looking over his shoulder 24/7?

and how many members here?

I guess we need a super duper full time mod to handle all the trouble in this one area alone :shrug: we could even give him a special name with super secret special duties

I'm not trying to be obtuse ...I just don't see a big problem here at RI that we are in need of a special centurion

@slad
There are two separate things here that for me are important to keep distinct.

First: Historical Infiltration
Q Has there been infiltration into RI in the past.
A Absolutely without question, Yes
Q From what sources, specifically?
A From three - Hasbara; Far Right ; Trolls/ARG
Q Where is the evidence for each of these?
A See my previous post to Stefano
Q Was any of this really serious?
A Matter of opinion, but I think Yes, it was.

Second: Current issues and importance
Q Does any of this exist at the moment?
A I believe there is a hasbara troll
Q Based on what evidence?
A Perfectly fits Modus Operandi . See post to Stefano for details
Q How many posters?
A One, I believe
Q How many posts?
A About 80
Q How important is this now?
A Quite. It wastes resources of time and energy invested on RI
One extremely disruptive person can take down a message board if left unaddressed over a period of time. I have seen it done.

@AD
Currently, there is a large amount of posting activity toward acting as an immune system against potential far right infiltration.
I have posted evidence that this completely ignores the more important factor of hasbara infiltration.

I am bored with how things are around here - interminable front page shitfights- and think we should design a better way forward in a way that helps everyone get their needs met. This appears to be a good time to do it. Self-organising systems and all that. It's the way of the future. :angelwings:
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 pm

ok I understand now...maybe I should report for duty :P

it would be real nice if someone used the one thread rule that everyone else seems to follow in regards to topics instead of littering GD with 50 OP's on the same subject or make use of the sub forums

and thanks for all your time and energy regarding these issues
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby jakell » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Searcher08 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:@AD
Currently, there is a large amount of posting activity toward acting as an immune system against potential far right infiltration.
I have posted evidence that this completely ignores the more important factor of hasbara infiltration.

I am bored with how things are around here - interminable front page shitfights- and think we should design a better way forward in a way that helps everyone get their needs met. This appears to be a good time to do it. Self-organising systems and all that. It's the way of the future. :angelwings:

I think it was you who mentioned hayfever earlier, well I think it's more like anaphalaxis.

Therefore, there is no effective immune system, and this is the more serious matter IMO, although I can't see it being addressed anytime soon, if at all.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:45 pm

@slad,

I asked Jakell eariler in the thread:

I wrote:OK. So if one were a supporter of National Anarchism and/or related ideologies and wished to insinuate oneself into boards such as ours here for the purposes of surreptitiously finding support and/or recruits what would that look like? How would that person go about that, assuming they were savvy enough (had lurked and studied long enough) to realize a frontal approach would not work?

To which he responded, "I'm not interested in engaging in such a daft thought experiment.", which his prerogative.

I didn't ask him to explain why he thought it was daft nor ask him to elaborate.

I don't think it's a daft thought experiment at all, obviously.

Jakell is right about many things, including that the racist right is not stupid and without guile simply because they are wrong. It does no good to underestimate your enemy. And it's best to know them. I have visited their sites. I also have studied them. They're not stupid.

It's probably not much of an issue in real terms, ie members being recruited away, poison pills being quietly slipped into the board and twisting people's minds that were otherwise uninfected, etc... You're right. The members that post here are generally pretty savvy and immune. There's no real danger, danger.

Nonetheless, I am sure it is the case that the board has been targeted in the past, the present and will be in the future. Most likely by psuedo-fascist trolls out for some lulz and not the hardcore fascist net activists, if they exist.

The real damage, if there is any, to the board seems to me to endlessly bicker about it.(no doubt one of the goals of a troll).

Here's another "daft" thought experiment for you-

what would the board look like if you never responded to AD?

Would it really be so horrible?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby jakell » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:54 pm

brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:@slad,

I wrote:OK. So if one were a supporter of National Anarchism and/or related ideologies and wished to insinuate oneself into boards such as ours here for the purposes of surreptitiously finding support and/or recruits what would that look like? How would that person go about that, assuming they were savvy enough (had lurked and studied long enough) to realize a frontal approach would not work?

Actually, now that Mighty Mouse has stopped sqeaking at me, I was thinking of getting around to answering that .

Just give me a mo....
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:58 pm

@b p h

the problem is that AD and solace have repeatedly in the past labeled me an anti-semite in obvious and not so obvious ways and it continues to this day in this very thread ...solace went back 10 years of my posts looking for some proof of that and could not find one iota of evidence of the lies solace posts about me here but solace continues the lies....I DO NOT LIKE BEING CALLED AN ANTI-SEMITE....I do not like being stalked.....I WILL NOT IGNORE THE LIES and I will not put up with it....I should be able to post here in this thread and any other thread without that crap lie being said of me.

I should be able to post a thread about Joseph Campbell without all hell breaking loose

IGNORING could go two ways as I see it....

Everyone here tries very hard to keep topics in one thread ...bumping old threads from years ago...why can't AD do the same thing with his subject..why does he have to post 50 OPs about the same subject?

Then I would only have to ignore two threads instead of 20.

I am surprised that solace hasn't raised a shitstorm about Pete Seeger yet!
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Rory » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 pm

brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:

The host might be able to retire a server or two. The carbon savings could offset a small towns energy use
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm

yea blame it on me I'm not the one with 50 separate threads on anti-semitism here

if I posted my woo stuff here that often your head would explode
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby slimmouse » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Rory » 31 Jan 2014 18:03 wrote:
brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:

The host might be able to retire a server or two. The carbon savings could offset a small towns energy use

Rory, your thinking here has convinced me that in this case at least I feel your absolutely right with regards to energy efficiency.

Both in this thread , and in my head.

Bye AD.
Last edited by slimmouse on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Rory » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:06 pm wrote:yea blame it on me I'm not the one with 50 separate threads on anti-semitism here

You help fuel it though - you provide him (and others) with the incentive to keep these threads alive. If no one responds, then they will just peter along and remain minority interest threads.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 pm

yea like AD mega thread? :jumping:

never posted it that one
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby jakell » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:14 pm

jakell » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:54 pm wrote:
brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:@slad,

Actually, now that Mighty Mouse has stopped sqeaking at me, I was thinking of getting around to answering that .

Just give me a mo....

If I were a supporter of national anarchism and wanted to 'infiltrate' myself here, I would just be myself and chill, because it is an interesting place with plenty of ideas that are of interest to anarchists, and would most likely feel at home.
As to recruitment, I wouldn't bother, these guys are only interested in their natural constituency and aren't really out to 'convert' people.

Now if I were a white nationalist/supremacist, I would take advantage of the fact that these issues are so polarised on here** that they the forum is virtually blind to the current trends and I could walk straight in. I would then avoid the obvious issues and skirt around the edges, TBH though, I'd probably be very wary of RI opening my mind up and converting me.

**Thanks to You Know Who
Last edited by jakell on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jakell

Postby Rory » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm wrote:yea like AD mega thread? :jumping:

never posted it that one

Just let it peter along. And do the same with the other ones too. Problem solved
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:20 pm

I am gonna try that ....if only AD could return the favor and limit his ONE other obsession to ONE thread....that also would be helpful

thanks for the advice Rory...I really didn't you and I had a problem ..I guess I was wrong :shrug:
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to FIRE PIT